Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Klopp was playing Camacho and Jones at RB in the past few games, both of whom are attacking players. Clyne may have his work cut out to get into the team consistently if he doesn't improve his attacking performances.

I thought he was excellent for us in his first season, though.

With a front three and two of the midfield three being likely very attack minded I think having one defensive minded full back should be almost an advantage in many games.

Clyne's attacking game not being great is only a weakness if he's mandated to attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Once clyne goes past the halfway line he's non existent,one of the worst fbs I've seen for final product in the final third

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Ya clyne, very poor wing back. Better defensively than all other RB options mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I don't think TAA is that bad defensively, not flawless obviously. IIRC there were a few presumably Moreno fans beating TAA up with the 'If Moreno did that' stick.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I don't think TAA is that bad defensively, not flawless obviously. IIRC there were a few presumably Moreno fans beating TAA up with the 'If Moreno did that' stick.

TAA can't judge balls over his head and not is really looking behind him.

If he gets that out of his game he would be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Only concern there is that outside the top 4/5/6 sides in Spain, there's f*ck all money around. Reports last week suggesting that we want €20m+ for Origi and I don't see many sides in Spain actually capable of paying that.

Plus, if you were going to splurge the likely limited cash on a player, would you go for a young, developing player with 11 months on a contract, few suitors and a poor season last time out? It's a gamble!

There might not be money in Spain however I could see a couple of Championship teams spending £20m on premier league players once the premier league window closes.

The Championship windows stays open till the end of the month premier league clubs happy to get unwanted players off the books.

The Championship is what now ? The 4rd richest league in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

There might not be money in Spain however I could see a couple of Championship teams spending £20m on premier league players once the premier league window closes.

The Championship windows stays open till the end of the month premier league clubs happy to get unwanted players off the books.

The Championship is what now ? The 4rd richest league in the world.

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/key-dates/

Championship window closes August 9, too.

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/key-dates/

Championship window closes August 9, too.

So it does.

They can still take loans till the end of the month.

So I would imagine then a lot of loan deals will be done with premier league clubs to get those players off the books.

Also loan deals with options to pay full transfer fee in the next transfer window.

A handy way around the closing of the window.

So sign a player then pay for him in January.

https://www.efl.com/news/2018/february/earlier-closure-of-transfer-window-agreed-by-efl-clubs/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I think Gomez will start right full v Westham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Anyone know if its possible to buy the third kit without a sponsor on it?
    thanks
    m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

DrumSteve wrote: »
    lads who gives a **** about them.

honestly if he stays or goes I couldnt care less.

They're there to be laughed at because of him in fairness. They're a huge huge club and he's turned them into bag of misery so i'm enjoying their misery.

In terms of not caring less, him being there can only be good for us in terms of signings because Liverpool and Man U are both huge clubs but players will want to play for Klopp rather than Mourinho.

Also, i'm just enjoying listening to Man U fans since Ferguson left. They thought his term was the norm rather than an era that would inevitably end so it's lovely to read their forum and see them blink in the glare of reality. They have become what they've always mocked before.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I don't think that you can buy the kits without the sponsor.

The closest you'll get is the match day kit

MT005G.jpg

The squad going to France for training.
    Liverpool squad: Kelleher, Grabara, Alisson, Karius, Van Dijk, Klavan, Moreno, Robertson, Phillips, Gomez, Alexander-Arnold, Clyne, Matip, Milner, Keita, Fabinho, Grujic, Lallana, Camacho, Wijnaldum, Jones, Sturridge, Ings, Origi, Shaqiri, Salah, Mane, Firmino, Solanke.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/309711-liverpool-fc-france-training-camp

29 players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

No Woodburn, must be off to Villa as suggested yesterday. Everyone else as expected, waiting for Hendo, Lovren and Migs...though I don't think Migs will come back at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Wouldn't be adverse to seeing this at times

Alisson
    ----Gomez--VVD--Lovren
    TAA
    Fabby
    Robbo
    Nabby
    ----Salah--Firmino--Mane

That's a spine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Alisson
    ----Gomez--VVD--Lovren
    TAA
    Fabby
    Robbo
    Nabby
    ----Salah--Firmino--Mane

That's a spine.

Not sure how I feel about Lovren trotting forward with the ball! But effectively, Fabby (like it!) plays in between the two CBs and slightly ahead, so we kind of already have 3 CBs on the pitch. I'd rather find room for Shaqiri or Milner to move the ball in the top half...

I think both Gomez and TAA on the right hand side of the same team would brighten and put a smile on opposition managers faces.

Dickerty wrote: »
    Not sure how I feel about Lovren trotting forward with the ball! But effectively, Fabby (like it!) plays in between the two CBs and slightly ahead, so we kids of already have 3 CBs on the pitch. I'd rather find room for Shaqiri or Milner to move the ball in the top half...

Keita can move the ball as both passer and receiver he is that good! :D
    I think both Gomez and TAA on the right hand side of the same team would brighten and put a smile on opposition managers faces.

I said some games....

Alisson
    ----Gomez--VVD--Lovren
    TAA
    Fabby
    Robbo
    Nabby
    ----Salah--Firmino--Mane

That's a spine.

We've played wing backs with the two CBs playing a highline for most of last season........... can't imagine Klopp reckoning 3 CBs and an actual DM type in Fabinho will be required in many games tbh :)

More likely to see another Midfielder with jsut 2 CBs, IMO.

• Advertisement

I thought it was interesting that Klopp was happy to keep giving Camacho game time as a full back even though he had other options in Clyne before his exit and Gomez, with Clyne back for training camp and the two remaining friendlies it'll be interesting to see if he gets at least half a match in one of those games. A bit of me is wondering if Klopp is looking at options for a more or less wing back based attack at some point which would mean Clynes game time would be greatly reduced. Could be something for the domestic Cups.

I do reckon that Klopp doesn't fancy defensive full backs :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Is clyne gone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Is clyne gone?

Why would he be?

Had a kid last week and was sent home from US...

Anyone on here going to the match on Saturday?

Fieldog wrote: »
    Why would he be?

Ah ok, just seen above he made an exit, didn't realise he had a kid.

Ah ok, just seen above he made an exit, didn't realise he had a kid.

Yup, not sure Clyney knew he was having a kid either tbh if ya read much into gossip... :P

He was single last year AFAIK, one of the lads slagging him in a video over it...

Yup, not sure Clyney knew he was having a kid either tbh if ya read much into gossip... :P

He was single last year AFAIK, one of the lads slagging him in a video over it...

Sounds like he doesn't like to pull out of a challenge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭Thud

Why would he be?

"Nathaniel Clyne has the baby and after the baby is born - beautiful baby, full of health, thank God - he should be here and he is not here."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Thud wrote: »
    "Nathaniel Clyne has the baby and after the baby is born - beautiful baby, full of health, thank God - he should be here and he is not here."

I’d actually love one of the lurkers to swallow this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

No idea however a fully fit Clyne is twice the defender TAA & Gomez are.

So if Clyne is fully fit I'd start he every time over the other two.
    Taa would start if we are going with a more attacking game

Yeah, wonder if we'll see an '06 Barca full back approach like they did with Oleguer and Belletti... starting the tougher games with Oleguer (Clyne), and bringing on Belletti (TAA) when looking for goals in the second half. Both guys could have legitimately been called first choice right backs that season, and their rotation - and the instant switch in style it afforded - went a long way in helping Barca win almost everything that year (only quarter finals of the Copa del ray, but won the league, Champions League, and Supercopa).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Gomez is a very good young player.

Was poor at the end of last season but was playing with an injury. He made big improvements last season & I think he will improve again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Thud wrote: »

It was a different kind of dig klopp made at clyne,something about it being the only baby clyne was aware of,he apologised for saying it then

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Yeah, wonder if we'll see an '06 Barca full back approach like they did with Oleguer and Belletti... starting the tougher games with Oleguer (Clyne), and bringing on Belletti (TAA) when looking for goals in the second half. Both guys could have legitimately been called first choice right backs that season, and their rotation - and the instant switch in style it afforded - went a long way in helping Barca win almost everything that year (only quarter finals of the Copa del ray, but won the league, Champions League, and Supercopa).

Ye I wouldn’t be surprised to see that happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Why would he be?

I'm going with my brother's. I'm 27 but feel like a kid who's looking forward to seeing Salah lol

Paying 50e for a friendly is a waste of money imo.

Huge difference compared to a competitive game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

MD1990 wrote: »

Yeah like the price of flights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Yes but costs at least 300 to 400 to get over to Liverpool so a fair bit cheaper than that

Yes but costs at least 300 to 400 to get over to Liverpool so a fair bit cheaper than that

You can get over for 180 when there is a special offer. Usually midweek games though.

The first team physiotherapist has left his position and the club with immediate effect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

The first team physiotherapist has left his position and the club with immediate effect.

Time for Richie Partridge to finally step up!

I got a ticket for 40 quid, not up to much else on Saturday so it will be a bit of craic sure...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I got a ticket for 40 quid, not up to much else on Saturday so it will be a bit of craic sure...

You don't need to explain yourself to anyone. Have fun on the day. I shall be there myself on Saturday. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Media/Klopp: "Sturridge is staying."
    Physio: "Fcuk this, I'm out of here."

Did he not go a few weeks ago?

Speculation that the club weren’t happy with how he managed Salah at the World Cup, or was that a different guy?

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Did he not go a few weeks ago?

Speculation that the club weren’t happy with how he managed Salah at the World Cup, or was that a different guy?

Not sure to be honest if it's the same one or a different guy.

This one Ruben Pons was put on the club site this even.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

You can get over for 180 when there is a special offer. Usually midweek games though.

Yes but if I went without the wife I would be divorced!!

She’s been to more games than me !

Yes but if I went without the wife I would be divorced!!

She’s been to more games than me !

mine was for 2. Was a one deal though.

Were there family tickets available for Saturday?

Brought the kids last year after getting family tickets and it was a decent day out but didn’t notice any this time around so got tickets for a couple of league games. May have just been sold out by the time I went looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement