Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Charlie19 wrote: »

Was that Sturridge an Mane jumping up for a dance with Nabby :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Was that Sturridge an Mane jumping up for a dance with Nabby :pac:

Yeah that's them alright. You could see sturridge in the first clip that knex posted.

Sturridge was always fond of his dancing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭huey1975

A good keeper can save you 9-12 points a season single handedly. We've not had that in such a long time. It's amazing that when you look back as far as the 90's we've very few keepers that are thought of more than just fondly. We've had some very able keepers no doubt but rarely one that stands out among his peers.

Lets hope that this money is as well spent as it was on Big Virg!

Instead of listening to Sky Sports and the lazy armchair brigade talking about our weakness at every opportunity this year - we'll hopefully be listening to many accolades about Allison.

Single handedly? Will a keeper with two hands save twice as many points?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Bogdan had a good game apparently keeping the hoards at bay as Hibs go through to final EL qualification round.

Also Wolves after Traore at Boro so Boro after Ojo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Bogdan had a good game apparently keeping the hoards at bay as Hibs go through to final EL qualification round.

Also Wolves after Traore at Boro so Boro after Ojo.

Bogdan to do a Jones?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Seems our Cork lad was at it as well;

https://twitter.com/GavanCasey/status/1025105636718256128/video/1

Good choice Caoimhín kid!

That link isnt loading for me, whats he singing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Blanco100 wrote: »
    That link isnt loading for me, whats he singing

Never gonna give you up...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Never gonna let you down ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

ERG89 wrote: »
    Selling him and buying Mignolet for the same amount is definitely one of the dumbest moves we inflicted on ourselves. Reina was the best goalie we had the last 20 years, whuch isn't saying much tbh.

You mean last 15 years, as we only sold Pegguy Arphexad 15 years ago!!

He played 2 games and won 6 medals!!

The term legend is oft bandied about recklessly, but Pegguy was deserving of the title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I wonder if UEFA will fine Rangers for crowd trouble last night outside the ground like they did Liverpool

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Fieldog wrote: »
    This is brilliant,

Bonding with the lads and hopefully having a few bevs...

Alisson rocking out with the guitar :

https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/942g5x/what_cant_this_man_do/

Becker doing a David Brent - Get the guitar
    L04bAz.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Charlie19 wrote: »

As the twitterati were saying it, he was sliding into his missus' DMs, the sly dog! The RedmenTV posted it, and she replied...

https://twitter.com/TheRedmenTV/status/1025142443124109314

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

It does say a lot that no club will spend £10/12m on Mignolet a proven midtable PL keeper.

It says even more that we kept onto him for so long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

shamrock55 wrote: »
    It does say a lot that no club will spend £10/12m on Mignolet a proven midtable PL keeper.

It says even more that we kept onto him for so long
    Id imagines its not the price tag but the wages that are putting teams off, He is defo an upgrade for a lot of Prem teams in goals , Just in the top 6 teams a keeper is under way more pressure every mistake or even half mistake is spoken about ,
    For example there was talk of Liverpool looking at Butland he's made more mistakes in the last 3 years than Migs., Just cause he plays for Stoke no one remembers , Or goals that go in that he hasn't made a mistake for but he possibly could have saved aren't even spoken of,
    Migs says he wants to leave but he has what 3 years left on a wage he won't get close to anywhere else. I reckon he will go on loan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Danny Ings has trained fully with #LFC in Evian this week. He won't feature v Napoli tomorrow as he prepares to seal a move away. Reds confident of banking £20m plus add-ons for the striker

https://twitter.com/jamespearceecho/status/1025304082125414400?s=21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

The world has gone mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

You've just noticed?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

You've just noticed?

Tbh spending 20 million on a striker with 2 goals in 3 years who's also had significant injuries is something only an English club would do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Tbh spending 20 million on a striker with 2 goals in 3 years who's also had significant injuries is something only an English club would do.

Particularly when he didn't have much of a record before that! Would be different if it was Owen joining Newcastle, or even Sturridge...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Buying Shaqiri for £12 million.
    Selling Ings for £20 million

Madness!!!

I'm too used to use being ripped off and being made fools of in the transfer market. This good business is all new to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

This is absolutely brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Ings if fit can be the difference between survival and relegation, who ever gets him will have a decent goal threat, if he's fit.
    20m for survival is worth it.

From Pearce Q & A in the Echo.

Buvac
    Buvac won’t be coming back. I’d expect his departure to be officially confirmed soon. Klopp was asked about the situation recently but insisted it was a private matter.

“Buvac was important on match days in terms of tactical input, especially at half-time. But he had become withdrawn towards the end of last season and less involved.

“I don’t see Liverpool being adversely affected by his exit. Lijnders has returned to the club and he’s a very popular figure. Klopp values his input greatly.

Fekir
    Klopp has shown throughout his time at Liverpool that if he can’t get exactly what he wants he’s prepared to wait rather than just chase an inferior alternative for the sake of it.

“Clearly, he wanted Fekir but that deal collapsed due to concerns over an old knee injury. The money is there for Klopp to further strengthen if he wishes but barring a late change of heart he seems happy to push on with what he’s got

Pulisic
    Yes I do. Klopp’s admiration for Pulisic is well known. He tried and failed to bring him to Liverpool two years ago when Dortmund refused to sell.

“Pulisic has developed a lot since then but he’s still far from the finished article. He only has two years left on his contract and if he doesn’t sign an extension I’d expect LFC to be keen next summer.

“The price tag would probably be more realistic then. As it stands at the moment he wouldn’t get into Klopp’s starting line up. Spending £60m/£70m on a squad player makes little sense.”

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-news-transfers-live-aaron-14984884.amp?__twitter_impression=true

This is absolutely brilliant

Love how Robertson's Scottish laugh is about 4 octaves deeper than his voice :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Ings if fit can be the difference between survival and relegation, who ever gets him will have a decent goal threat, if he's fit.

I'll be honest lad, English clubs have been absolutely terrible when it comes to spending their recent increase in riches. They've been buying the same players and just spending more money on them.

I genuinely struggle to believe £20m can't get you a more effective talent from the vast world of professional football than Danny Ings, game and all as he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Knex. wrote: »
    Love how Robertson's Scottish laugh is about 4 octaves deeper than his voice :pac:

Ive also now heard of a square sausage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

I'll be honest lad, English clubs have been absolutely terrible when it comes to spending their recent increase in riches. They've been buying the same players and just spending more money on them.

I genuinely struggle to believe £20m can't get you a more effective talent from the vast world of professional football than Danny Ings, game and all as he is.
    Its mental isn't it.,
    Clubs just value the usual crap players lower clubs would have bought at a higher price and the lower clubs fall for it and buy them , Instead of using there money to go abroad and buy some decent players

And here, Pearce is saying the club are confident of selling Origi for 27m, who's in his last year of his contract.

That's mental as well, although not as ridiculous as the Ings fee.

Knex. wrote: »
    And here, Pearce is saying the club are confident of selling Origi for 27m, who's in his last year of his contract.

That's mental as well, although not as ridiculous as the Ings fee.

We must be filling the players suitcases with heroin to get that sort of money for them :pac:

• Advertisement

If Edwards gets £47m for Origi & Ings he needs to be made a freeman of Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Looking likely that the club will generate up to 60 million pounds from the sales of Ings, Origi and Mingolet.

Fantastic buisness from the club.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Better be careful or we could end up in positive net spend territory

Fcuking FSG stingy bast@rds just out to make money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Fcuking FSG stingy bast@rds just out to make money.

This joke is beyond boring now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Knex. wrote:

I'd feel more confident if we got someone out the door now instead of saying we're going to. Once the windows shut a player's value with 12 months left on their contract plummets.
    Btw as I said last weekend its no surprise we don't want to spend 60 million on a squad player.
    Maybe next summer we might go for him or back to Fekir again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

These mad prices are the benefits of us getting so far in the champions league last year.
    The more often we are involved in the tail end of that competition every year, the better it is for our club. I know there is a clambouring on here to win trophies, they will come.
    But if I was given the option of winning the league cup the last two seasons, or finishing runner up in two European competitions the last two seasons, I would be plumbing for the latter each time.

ricero wrote: »
    This joke is beyond boring now.

Ok

I'd feel more confident if we got someone out the door now instead of saying we're going to. Once the windows shut a player's value with 12 months left on their contract plummets.
    Btw as I said last weekend its no surprise we don't want to spend 60 million on a squad player.
    Maybe next summer we might go for him or back to Fekir again.

We can still sell player abroad after the English window closes till August 31st can't we?

We just can't sell to English clubs.

These mad prices are the benefits of us getting so far in the champions league last year. .......

How are the rumoured prices for Ings and Origi anything to do with our champions league endeavours ?

• Advertisement

A Chinese club have made a €35m bid for Origi is out there on there twitter don't think I have ever seen a club say they made an offer on a twitter account before and I think the Chinese transfer window is closed

Seems like the real official twitter account as well.

https://twitter.com/FCJiangsuSuning/status/1025376272262877184

A Chinese club have made a €35m bid for Origi is out there on there twitter don't think I have ever seen a club say they made an offer on a twitter account before and I think the Chinese transfer window is closed

Ah here lads. I like Origi but that's crazy money for him :pac:

Michael Edwards is the Godfather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Is there anything going on in town tomorrow before the game? I know there's the TAW show tonight and BOSS session tomorrow night but was thinking before the game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

We've had Fabino, Keita, Alisson, Shaqiri in for about 175m

To balance the books:
    Danny Ward 12.5m
    Ings 20m
    Origi ~ 27m
    Mignolet ~ 15m
    Chiravella ~ 5m
    Markovic ~ 5m

or around 85m

Be a serious increase in quality for 90m odd net and probably either similar wage costs if not a bit of a drop, with Can leaving as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

8-10 wrote: »
    Is there anything going on in town tomorrow before the game? I know there's the TAW show tonight and BOSS session tomorrow night but was thinking before the game?

There's a meetup organised for Irish town house but I was there before the Celtic game and it was torture trying to get a drink , Lansdowne have bars and a BBQ set up outside, I usually go there might do the same tomorrow

Gbear wrote: »
    We've had Fabino, Keita, Alisson, Shaqiri in for about 175m

To balance the books:
    Danny Ward 12.5m
    Ings 20m
    Origi ~ 27m
    Mignolet ~ 15m
    Chiravella ~ 5m
    Markovic ~ 5m

or around 85m

Be a serious increase in quality for 90m odd net and probably either similar wage costs if not a bit of a drop, with Can leaving as well.

VVD for 75 taking it to 250 spent on players in.

Add 140 for Coutinho to that 85 would be 215 taken on players out

That would be about a 35 net spend since January on serious upgrades to the first team.

We could get Neymar as backup yet.

Seriously though, you can see that even if we had signed Fekir that money is available for the players Klopp wants.

We've such a fantastic platform at the moment. Exciting times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Bizzare

https://twitter.com/FCJiangsuSuning/status/1025388817782530048
    So sorry, we have just been told that @IvanSchwakoff is not a reliable journalist, Divock Origi is not even linked with Jiangsu Suning.

• Advertisement

I wonder if Fekir stays at Lyon once the window closes will he have the corrective surgery on his knee?

If he does I wouldn't be surprised to see us go back for him in January.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement