Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I wonder if Fekir stays at Lyon once the window closes will he have the corrective surgery on his knee?

If he does I wouldn't be surprised to see us go back for him in January.

They have to really, maybe in the international break in a few weeks. Every other club will be warned off now as well, so they won't get near his value unless they address it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://twitter.com/SoccerAM/status/1025397704170643457?s=19

Everton's new guy has I Never Walk Alone tattooed across his chest.

Must have turned us down because he didn't want to be understudy to mad Moreno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

8-10 wrote: »
    Is there anything going on in town tomorrow before the game? I know there's the TAW show tonight and BOSS session tomorrow night but was thinking before the game?

Redmen TV tonight in Murray's and Irishtown house tomorrow during the day...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Lallana out tomorow as a precaution apparently.

Risky relying on him this season. Very injury prone & it will likely won't improve as he gets older.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Lallana is the news Sturridge,
    And Sturridge will be the old Sturridge by the end of August
    A forward is needed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone know if the team are staying the Marker hotel again this year? I passed it earlier but saw no sign of the big red bus outside. Im bringing the nephew to the game tmw so it would be nice for him to get up close to the players before the game, theres no chance of it at the stadium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Heavily linked with Aaron Ramsey today and he could join the reds after failing to agree on a deal at the Emirates.

He's not a bad player but is he not another Wilshire when it comes to injuries.

Probably no truth in it at all as I noticed him linked with Chelsea a couple of days ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

TitianGerm wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/SoccerAM/status/1025397704170643457?s=19

Everton's new guy has I Never Walk Alone tattooed across his chest.

Must have turned us down because he didn't want to be understudy to mad Moreno.

Thought this reply to the tweet was quite funny

DjsMxdIXsAEDxGo.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Anyone know if the team are staying the Marker hotel again this year? I passed it earlier but saw no sign of the big red bus outside. Im bringing the nephew to the game tmw so it would be nice for him to get up close to the players before the game, theres no chance of it at the stadium

Arsenal were there during the week so I assume so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

MD1990 wrote: »
    Lallana out tomorow as a precaution apparently.

Risky relying on him this season. Very injury prone & it will likely won't improve as he gets older.

If he has another injury hit season we should probably look at moving him on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Lallana will be gone next summer regardless I think. Klopp will get his "Fekir" then.

Or maybe Harry Wilson will be that player - he starts for Derby Co on $ky at 8 PM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lallana's contract is up in june of 2020 so I would imagine if the club got a good offer for him next summer they would take it.

Henderson is in the same vote I would also imagine his contract is also up in June 2020.

Both being English I think we would get a good price for them from the midtable clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Klopp is a big fan of Hendo dont see him leaving anytime soon.

I would agree with what a few said here today, we are one more attacking signing to the squad short but hopefully we can get through grand until January and then pull off a Fekir or Pulisic signing.

We should offer Mignolet to Burnley at a cut price £10m since they are stuck for a keeper.

They also have European football it might tempt him.

You mean you've not heard?

Wow they deserve to go down for that decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Wow they deserve to go down for that decision.

What's that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

What's that?

I assume they're on about Joe Hart who is having a medical at Burnley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Will there be anything happening outside the Aviva before the game,I don't really want to be bringing the young fella to pubs

What's that?

Signing Joe Hart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Andre Wisdom and Thiago Illori in action for Derby and Reading tonight....did we sell Wisdom in the end??

Had high hopes for him at one stage but he never made the step up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Andre Wisdom and Thiago Illori in action for Derby and Reading tonight....did we see Wisdom in the end??

Had high hopes for him at one stage but he never made the step up

Don't forget Wilson and Scott Carson ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

English managers just can't help buying English players.

Ings works hard and may develop but not worth near £20m.

Joe Hart for any money is also crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,529 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

ilori and paul mcshane together at last tonight!

Seems Palace are no longer favourites to sign Ings according to Maddock also no interest in Ramsey.
    No #LFC interest in Aaron Ramsey - no chance of any further Liverpool signings before window closes. Reds will concentrate on outgoings, Mignolet, Origi, Ojo, Grujic could all go, some on loan. Danny Ings will also depart next week - though Palace not favourites.

https://twitter.com/maddockmirror/status/1025494064014286848?s=21

Gerrard's cousin Bobby Duncan officially signed this evening as well after leaving City.

Another young striker to add to Brewster, Woodburn and Solanke.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Gerrard's cousin Bobby Duncan officially signed this evening as well after leaving City.

Another young striker to add to Brewster, Woodburn and Solanke.

He'll hardly be anywhere near first team action.

5starpool wrote: »
    He'll hardly be anywhere near first team action.

No what I meant was we now have England's top striking prospects from under 20 down with Solanke then under 18 with Brewster and then under 17 with Duncan.

Woodburn already a senior International with Wales.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Did anyone go to the RedMen TV thing in Dublin last night? Any good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Kinda gutted i cant go today and see Alisson's debut. Stupid work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Will there be anything happening outside the Aviva before the game,I don't really want to be bringing the young fella to pubs

There's something going on in the Irish town house that's ran by the supporters club in Murray's. I know it's a pub but there will be other kids there and I'm pretty sure there's a BBQ going on outside if you don't want to venture inside with your kid.

Is the game on the box or just LFCTV?

Lallana's contract is up in june of 2020 so I would imagine if the club got a good offer for him next summer they would take it.

Henderson is in the same vote I would also imagine his contract is also up in June 2020.

Both being English I think we would get a good price for them from the midtable clubs.

I think Henderson will be staying.

I would not like to see him leave & don't think Klopp would either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

This is getting beyond ridiculous
    Battle for Liverpool striker Danny Ings sends his price tag soaring

Ings has played just 14 Premier League games for Liverpool in three injury-plagued years at the club, but the inflated transfer market ensures the Reds are still set to secure a windfall for the forward despite his lack of playing time during his time at Anfield.

Crystal Palace, Leicester, Southampton and Newcastle are among the clubs believed to be chasing a deal for Ings, with his price tag believed to have moved beyond the £20m mark with bids that have already been received.

Reporter is the fella who broke VVD to Liverpool, so presumably the Southampton link is correct anyway.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/liverpool/battle-for-liverpool-striker-danny-ings-sends-his-price-tag-soaring-37181596.html

Just swap him for Lascelles at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,003 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Lallana will be gone next summer regardless I think. Klopp will get his "Fekir" then.

Or maybe Harry Wilson will be that player - he starts for Derby Co on $ky at 8 PM

I know people like lallana - was never a fan of him myself.

But I mentioned earlier in year we need to target players at a higher level than him and we have got them.

Great signs the players that are coming in-
    Unreal impact by shaqiri - he could be a real surprise and Klopp does develop players into great players.

Champions league final last year- a club going somewhere, is so important in these dealings when trying to get signings.

What position in league do people think we can get to this year ?

We obviously want to win league - but getting into the 80 + mark points wise is what we can hope for. 2nd would be an outstanding season.

One concern I would have is what Salah did last year - was a bit of a freak football wise. We can't expect that again. When he has a dip - who is that go to man in the team ? The champions League final showed how reliant we are on him.

We haven't seen the new men enough - Real excitement this year.

Entering a season very positive.

Alisson will wear the provisional 13 jersey tonight his permanent number will announced in due course.

From the club website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Alisson will wear the provisional 13 jersey tonight his permanent number will announced in due course.

From the club website.

Fabinho is the same, only No.3 Provisionally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Sky Sports Germany linking LFC to Aaron Ramsey. Saying he is the player Klopp would like to replace Fekir....

That was dismissed as the utter scutter is it yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

That was dismissed as the utter scutter is it yesterday.

Ferocious bang of Joke Hole off it even as a hypothetical.

Yep Ramsey has had his day in the sun and that was three seasons ago I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

We already had three crocks on the books in Matip, Lallana and Sturridge and then signed another in AOC last summer. I don't think we're in a position to take any more punts on players with proven poor fitness records.

If 3 of those were to leave and we could get Ramsey on a free next year, it might be worth a punt, but otherwise I'd rather we didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Yep Ramsey has had his day in the sun and that was three seasons ago I think.

Best player in the league during Suarez’s season according to Arsenal fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Sky Sports Germany linking LFC to Aaron Ramsey. Saying he is the player Klopp would like to replace Fekir....

We didn't even sign him yet and he's been replaced. Dodged a bullet there

Gbear wrote: »
    ....crocks on the books ......then signed another in AOC last summer. I don't think we're in a position to take any more punts on players with proven poor fitness records.

I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned more. Ox was a dodgy signing from a minutes missed due to injury perspective coupled with the relatively huge wad he cost with a year left on his arsenal contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Augeo wrote: »
    I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned more. Ox was a dodgy signing from a minutes missed due to injury perspective coupled with the relatively huge wad he cost with a year left on his arsenal contract.

It seems a bit churlish to paint AOC in that way given the nature of the injury that's ruled him out for the season, but some players just seem to be magnets for calamity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Team for today

Alisson, Clyne, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Wijnaldum, Milner, Keita, Salah, Mane, Firmino.

Subs: Karius, Fabinho, Sturridge, Moreno, Shaqiri, Origi, Solanke, Phillips, Jones, Kelleher, Camacho, Alexander-Arnold.

Look a lot like what we might expect to start next week, with maybe Fabby in for Gini, but great to see the big fella start and the front 3 back together again.

Grujic loan to Cardiff off unless he signs new deal, one year left only upside is his age young enough not to need to be registered as a senior squad member as he was still only 21 on January 1st 2018

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    Team for today

Alisson, Clyne, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Wijnaldum, Milner, Keita, Salah, Mane, Firmino.

Subs: Karius, Fabinho, Sturridge, Moreno, Shaqiri, Origi, Solanke, Phillips, Jones, Kelleher, Camacho, Alexander-Arnold.

Look a lot like what we might expect to start next week, with maybe Fabby in for Gini, but great to see the big fella start and the front 3 back together again.
    I think Fabinho will be on the bench.

Klopp mentioned he still has not quite got his positioning right as a DM yet.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement