Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Commentator clearly made an error there "Sturridge races away" should have finished that.

x2, was that Curtis Jones with the through ball?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Perfect ball by Jones there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Trying to be too fancy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Who'll make way for origi.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Very audacious chip from Dan the Man, loving that he's got the swagger back.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Trying to be too fancy.

Casting the line.

Couldn't miss that one! :)

(Curtis Jones with some fantastic little moves)

Class act!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Good options these days from the bench

Another decent pass by Shaq that leads to a goal, nicely taken by Studge

• Advertisement

Good options these days from the bench

S & S from the bench Sturridge and Shaqiri, quality options.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Casting the line.

Just watching normally, not wearing the pyjamas.

Ah now! :( He'll keep Robbo out that that sort of thing ;)

Moreno...great option from the bench.

Wow - and what a ball by Studge - appreciate it's just a friendly against a team that doesn't look too bothered - but the options off the bench are looking sharp

60 yard raking pass assists now, drooool!

The two sides of Moreno in the space of a couple of minutes.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Just watching normally, not wearing the pyjamas.

Far too warm for pjs.

Good choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I love shaq already I gotta say

• Advertisement

good stuff - lots of positives there, especially from the lads fighting for a chance to be included - hopefully Millie is ok.

I had this marked down as easily the toughest pre-season match as I thought both sides would have strong sides out but in the end far too easy to make too many judgements about.

That said Shaqatak certainly looks like he'll offer something genuinely useful in rotation or off the bench, Salah, Mane already look in the groove and Bobby will join them soon enough. Milner is clearly like French cheese and will be good for spreading mould in 2018/19 TAA is definitely still the first choice in my view even if it's a couple of games until he actually is. Alisson will of course get closed down far quicker in the league so he'll need to be aware of that, his balls out are a weapon in themselves though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

his balls out are a weapon in themselves though.

Yea baby!

Good result.

Alisson looks a little shaky, but hopefully he’ll settle into it.

Great to see the main man back.

Salah on the scoresheet again.

Keita looks a different class.

And to be fair to Sturridge he’s managed about two full games without breaking to put himself in the window. If we can’t get someone to make a bid on the back of that we’ll have to accept we’re stuck with him.

Good to see the players making time for the young supporters.

Then you see a grown man from a few rows back handing Klopp a big homemade cardboard sign🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

S & S from the bench Sturridge and Shaqiri, quality options.

With Ings going (hopefully) we won't show get to see StIngs in action again, you'd hope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

Just watching the players staying behind to sign autographs after the game. It's really wonderful to see.

I think Klopp is endeavoring to forge a real connection between the players and fans to provide a real spirit of togetherness that the players can use going forward.

It's very heartwarming and another great aspect of his man management.

I think we as fans were made for Klopp and vice versa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I could see a midfield 3 of Fabinho, Shaqiri & Keita being the main three once the season kicks in and they get some game time together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

By the looks of it Gomez will start next Sunday as Van Dijks centre half partner and Clyne rb.

I could see a midfield 3 of Fabinho, Shaqiri & Keita being the main three once the season kicks in and they get some game time together.

Could well be for some games. Pretty attacking!

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Could well be for some games. Pretty attacking!

Shaqiri used in the Coutinho role to unlock teams with passing.

• Advertisement

We're going be exciting to watch again anyway this season. Hopefully we'll take some silverware.

I see pictures of Klopp with Sean Cox’s family are doing the rounds.

Top man.

Just confirmed that Millie got 15 stitches! No word of concussion, so that's a plus

15 stitches to Milners bonce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Shaqiri has been excellent since joining.

Hopefully he keeps it up when the season starts & proves me wrong like Robertson did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Looking quite sharp now, should be ready for the opener....some lovely bits of play. We've been quite good in preseason, some of the players likely to be backups have done really well and while its only preseason I'd rather be winning by 3/4/5 goal margins than on the receiving end. No qualifiers for the CL this season either so hopefully get a nice start to the EPL and take it from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Shaqiri used in the Coutinho role to unlock teams with passing.

If you said that when Coutinho left some people would probably have lost their minds but not only is it likely, it could be quite effective also.....

NukaCola wrote: »
    If you said that when Coutinho left some people would probably have lost their minds but not only is it likely, it could be quite effective also.....

In the right games.

We now have lots of options in midfield.

NukaCola wrote: »
    Looking quite sharp now, should be ready for the opener....some lovely bits of play. We've been quite good in preseason, some of the players likely to be backups have done really well and while its only preseason I'd rather be winning by 3/4/5 goal margins than on the receiving end. No qualifiers for the CL this season either so hopefully get a nice start to the EPL and take it from there.

There’s this small part of me that expects West Ham to have their best game of the season next Sunday before slinking back to insignificance, and this place to be in full blown meltdown after they beat us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

I see pictures of Klopp with Sean Cox’s family are doing the rounds.

Top man.

coxxxx.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭elbyrneo

jbt123 wrote: »
    Just watching the players staying behind to sign autographs after the game. It's really wonderful to see.

I think Klopp is endeavoring to forge a real connection between the players and fans to provide a real spirit of togetherness that the players can use going forward.

It's very heartwarming and another great aspect of his man management.

I think we as fans were made for Klopp and vice versa.

Yep was great to see the players throw scarves etc into the crowds. I was upper tier with my two young boys so out of reach unfortunately. Connections with the fans make a club great - Klopp has that connection with the fans with his energy and enthusiasm and respect and it flows through the club.

I noticed Karius was one of, if not the last player to leave the pitch. He was in with the fans for ages. It must be tough after what he has been through. I definitely don't believe he will ever have what it takes to be a number 1 at the club, but you can't fault his humility and character.

You'll never walk alone means something. He's earned my respect and I'll always wish him well .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Was really impressed with Keita, in the first half he mugged a Napoli player in possession near to where we were sitting and I couldnt get over the speed he nicked the ball and transitioned the play into attack. He is going to be the Firmino of our midfield.

https://twitter.com/Watch_LFC/status/1025818274301444096

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Shaqiri looked the business when he came on.

Salah just all over the shop and that's in a good way.

Keita clocked some time.

Van Dijk looks like a monster even from near the top of the stadium.

Clyne was solid.

Sturridge lively.

Solanke and Origi forlorn.

They're my observations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

The big money men all being spoken about however people seem to forget the 2 young lads who stood out over preseason......

A big clap on the back for young Philips and Jones.....stepped up when asked to and especially Philips. Could be pushing for a place on the bench and pushing Matip/Ragers very soon.

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    Just confirmed that Millie got 15 stitches! No word of concussion, so that's a plus

Klopp also said that Millie could grow a longer fringe to cover the scar:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Phillips done well but I don't think he will be making it in the 1st team.

Curtis Jones is a big talent. Better than Woodburn imo.
    Was better than him in the Youth League last year as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

MD1990 wrote: »
    Phillips done well but I don't think he will be making it in the 1st team..

That's nice of you to write him off after a few pre season games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It's amazing how things get exciting when we make changes now, we can take off Mane, Salah and Firmino and totally change it up with the SOS of Shaq, Origi and Sturridge.

elbyrneo wrote: »
    Yep was great to see the players throw scarves etc into the crowds. I was upper tier with my two young boys so out of reach unfortunately. Connections with the fans make a club great - Klopp has that connection with the fans with his energy and enthusiasm and respect and it flows through the club.

I noticed Karius was one of, if not the last player to leave the pitch. He was in with the fans for ages. It must be tough after what he has been through. I definitely don't believe he will ever have what it takes to be a number 1 at the club, but you can't fault his humility and character.

You'll never walk alone means something. He's earned my respect and I'll always wish him well .

Was great to see the crowd cheer everything Alisson did early in the game but I couldn’t help but think about how uncomfortable it must have been for Karius.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Just back from Lansdowne Road. Great atmosphere.
    A friendly so wouldn't read too much into it... Two things that stood out to me
    1. Shaqiri was class
    2. Allison didn't instill any confidence in me.

Great night though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement