Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Phil Thompson thinks we should out bid Man U for Maguire!

How i laughed.

Phil Thompson thinks we should out bid Man U for Maguire!

How i laughed.

Think he's cranking up the troll machine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I would love to sign Fekir before the window ends just to send Jose over the edge :pac:

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Think he's cranking up the troll machine!

You would hope that was the case however he was saying we should sign him before the World Cup as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Maguire would be a great signing. After vvd and lovren we only have klaven matip and gomez. Two of those are injured. Maguire would easily battle with lovren for a start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,292 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

If Benfica lose any of these games Liverpool will be in Pot 2 of the Champions League, can PAOK do us a 2nd favour?

Benfica (POR)/Fenerbahçe (TUR) v PAOK (GRE)/Spartak Moskva (RUS)

Hopefully Fenerbahçe don't sign Mignolet till after they beat Benfica.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

You would hope that was the case however he was saying we should sign him before the World Cup as well.

'Go on sign him, I don't care. Sure, why would I care? Go on sign him so, doesn't bother me. I'd love if you signed him, I'd love it. Nothing do with me. Sure I'm grand, sign him!'

Less than a week to go! I hate being this excited and full of expectations because Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,468 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Net spend: £157.5million currently. How much of a hole can we make in that this week.

• Advertisement

I can't think of a single United player who makes our first team. De Gea was one but with Allison now in there is none.

I'm just waiting for Jose to sign Fekir just for the annoyance of Liverpool. Lyon keen to do business with anyone who will pay up.

Have to feel sorry for Rafa, can't get a dime out of Ashley. I'm just glad he's not at United, Chelsea, or Spurs, if he was then ouch for everyone else. He'd rule the league and CL .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I can't think of a single United player who makes our first team. De Gea was one but with Allison now in there is none.

I'd still take De Gea every day of the week over Allison.

De Gea is worth about 15-20 points a season to United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,292 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Hockey player Chloe Watkins who got her 200 cap in the final yesterday is a LFC fan

If Grujic doesn't go out on loan I could see getting game time as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

As I mentioned yesterday/Saturday he was still 21 on Jan 1st so he doesn't take up a place in the various senior squads. It could turn out to be handy enough cover and then release him next summer if he doesn't sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

DrumSteve wrote: »
    I'd still take De Gea every day of the week over Allison.

De Gea is worth about 15-20 points a season to United.

Yeah in fairness, best keeper in the world.

• Advertisement

Leon Bailey who is saying there is concrete interest in him from two English clubs.

Liverpool & Chelsea are the reported clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

De Gea walks onto any team in the world, and in terms of ability forgetting his injury record which is remarkable, then Bailly (sp) gets in as well, aside from that no-one else though.

Edit: If Allison lives up to all the hype he might even give De Gea a run for his money, here's hoping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I thought the United fans calling Bailly one of the best CB’s in the league was a joke...but it’s worrying to see it gaining traction outside of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,383 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

De Gea is the best keeper in the world. Most of us never heard of Alisson a year ago. No offense but you're talking bollocks :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I thought the United fans calling Bailly one of the best CB’s in the league was a joke...but it’s worrying to see it gaining traction outside of them.

To be fair, he was quality for Villarreal and then for a little while at United until he started picking up injuries. Now he’s constantly either injured, playing with an injury, or coming back from an injury. He’s going the way of Daniel.

He was never one of the best CBs in the league at any point though. “One of the best” for me implies top 5, and I rate VVD, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Azpilicueta and Kompany higher, just off the top of my head, there’s probably a couple more in all honesty. And one of them isn’t even a natural CB. :D

• Advertisement

It shouldn’t....but it still surprises me how at least one person gets reeled in every time.

martyos121 wrote: »
    To be fair, he was quality for Villarreal and then for a little while at United until he started picking up injuries. Now he’s constantly either injured, playing with an injury, or coming back from an injury. He’s going the way of Daniel.

He was never one of the best CBs in the league at any point though. “One of the best” for me implies top 5, and I rate VVD, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Azpilicueta and Kompany higher, just off the top of my head, there’s probably a couple more in all honesty. And one of them isn’t even a natural CB. :D

Probably explains it. The injuries seem to result in people ignoring the bad stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I'd take a arsenal standard Sanchez too,not the utd version though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'd take a arsenal standard Sanchez too,not the utd version though

Like Juventus standard Pogba. I'm starting to see a trend.

^

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Klopp giving some bucket list things in an interview in the Echo two of them are to see a live Hurling and football match in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Chelsea in for Fekir now apparently....

Oul Aulas up to his tricks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Klopp giving some bucket list things in an interview in the Echo two of them are to see a live Hurling and football match in Ireland.

He'll give up on that football one by half time if it's GAA. Although Marty interviewing him would be worth it.

Fieldog wrote: »
    Chelsea in for Fekir now apparently....

Oul Aulas up to his tricks

Bonus if we get him but not overly worried. Other areas would be more priority.

I'd be surprised if anyone else comes in at this stage tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

RoboKlopp wrote:
    Bonus if we get him but not overly worried. Other areas would be more priority.

If we really wanted him we would have got him back in June but his injury record + our style is a big risk. I think Keita has that role highest in the midfield 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Really can’t wait for the league to start again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Shame they missed the hurling semis the other weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Leon Bailey who is saying there is concrete interest in him from two English clubs.

Liverpool & Chelsea are the reported clubs.

Would love Liverpool to sign him. Looks a fantastic prospect. Ideal backup for Mane this season.

Barcelona in CL would be nice.

See Hurling is always relevant in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,254 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

See Hurling is always relevant in this thread.

I hope we flake the shíte out of them all !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Klopp with some interesting comments on Henderson and potential midfield positions

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/310728-jurgen-klopp-jordan-henderson-liverpool
    And his value in the manager’s mind is unaffected by the arrivals of Fabinho and Naby Keita. In fact, he sees the increased options as an opportunity to re-shape his midfield as needed.

“Hendo is so important to us, not only as a player but also as a person and as a leader,” Klopp told the Liverpool Echo.

“You need these players like Hendo and Millie to help create a special spirit in the squad, otherwise it doesn’t work.

“There are no doubts about Hendo. I didn’t need the final proof in and around the World Cup or in last season.

“He had to learn kind of a new position for him. I still remember the Burnley game [at Turf Moor in August 2016] when we lost 2-0 with 80 per cent possession.

“Hendo for sure was involved in the first goal with a press ball that he didn’t win. One of the main things I was asked about after the game was: ‘Can he really play as the No.6?’ I said: ‘Yes, he can and he will.’ He had to learn and he had to improve and that’s exactly what he did.

“He can still play as the eight or we could play some games with a double six, Fabinho could play the eight or whatever, that’s all possible.

“If things were fixed with just one line-up and all the others were only needed when the rest are ill that would be the wrong way and we’d have no chance.”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I take from those Klopp quotes that Hendo won't be pitching up at a mid table club any time soon. He obviously values him as highly as most do on here, just a the odd naysayer in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Jaysis looking at stuff in the transfer market really makes me glad we got our business done early. By reports in the media Harry Maguire is valued at over £75m, Courtois wants out of Chelsea just a few days before season starts and Willian and Hazard are yet to actually meet new manager Sarri. Thats the kind of stress you dont want a few days before the season kicks off, so glad we are not caught up in it. Bravo Edwards.

Rumors on Twitter that Alisson has been handed the No.1 jersey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Alisson has the No 1 shirt for those who fret about this sort of thing. Karius is now No 99 (a bit flakey)

I take from those Klopp quotes that Hendo won't be pitching up at a mid table club any time soon. He obviously values him as highly as most do on here, just a the odd naysayer in fairness.

He went on say that ideally he'd like his midfielders to finish off the season with playing around 42/43 games and not somewhere in the fifties. This should result in a fitter team towards the end of the season, so we'll see a fair amount of rotation in that area.

I kind of like that Karius went with 99 fair play to him.

I wonder what odds you would get on Sturridge, Lallana & Henderson all getting injured this season and miss large chunks of games.

Rotation and lots of bench time might be the way to stop that happening

• Advertisement

We look tight on options at CB for the opening game?

Klaven/Matip injured. Lovern probably not ready.

Gomez & VVD ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement