Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

FitzShane wrote:
    Grujic -> Cardiff
    Ings -> someone (Southampton / Newcastle / Palace)
    Mignolet -> Europe so doesn't really apply today
    Origi -> Europe so doesn't really apply today

I'd be surprised if anyone goes this late, all quietened down now. Origi goes on a free next summer, same as Sturridge and Markovic. Ings i'm afraid that ship may have sailed although if he went to Newcastle and scored 40 I bet Mike Ashley still wouldn't buy him.
    But it's better to be in a position where you want to sell than want to buy on the final day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Pearce is talking up former Irish international Andy O'Brien today who is a club scout (Didn't know that) for finding Nat Phillips.

Knex. wrote: »
    Now they're a bit more mainstream, so it's cool to consider them ****......................

Most definitely, it's easy to criticise etc etc

.............Makes you seem more knowledgeable too. .................

I dunno about that, makes folk look like moany ole fooks IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Augeo wrote: »
    Most definitely, it's easy to criticise etc etc

I dunno about that, makes folk look like moany ole fooks IMO

Irish people love to moan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I think everyone knows he can’t be relied upon but a vocal minority are trying to convince everyone that it’s all good and shouting down anyone who doesn’t agree with it. It also seems to be influenced by the narrative coming out of the club that he’s ‘back to his best’ with several mouthpieces running articles with the same buzz words, which I’d guess were intended to generate a bit of interest but dont seem to have worked.

Don't think so, there's a two man club including you that hates Sturridge, the rest of us are supporting him and hoping he can overcome injuries and contribute to the first team. I mean, It's crazy right? Hoping a Liverpool player does well, really wacky stuff altogether.

It's pretty sad the personal vendetta you have against him tbh. I just imagine you raging if he scores a last minute winner in a game, I'd hate to not be able to celebrate a Liverpool goal/win, sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Pearce is talking up former Irish international Andy O'Brien today who is a club scout (Didn't know that) for finding Nat Phillips.

He was released at 18 by Bolton, it must say something about the quality and size of academies at places like Liverpool. Bolton cannot afford to keep on an 18 year old unless they can see him breaking through. We can take the risk if we think he's rough around the edges, and work on him for 2/3 years. Very little risk for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Do we have any word on Milner's likelihood to start?

He's a big loss, considering he's the fittest player in our squad and is exactly what you need for the first few games after a WC summer.

Milner's experience and leadership would be ideal starting with Fab & Keita in midfield together for the first few games alright he will be missed if not available.

Don't think so, there's a two man club including you that hates Sturridge, the rest of us are supporting him and hoping he can overcome injuries and contribute to the first team. I mean, It's crazy right? Hoping a Liverpool player does well, really wacky stuff altogether.

It's pretty sad the personal vendetta you have against him tbh. I just imagine you raging if he scores a last minute winner in a game, I'd hate to not be able to celebrate a Liverpool goal/win, sad.

Why does it irk you so much. You've spent a few years going back and forth about Sturridge.

I don't get it. I think you're easily wound up.

Just my 2c

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Do we have any word on Milner's likelihood to start?

He's a big loss, considering he's the fittest player in our squad and is exactly what you need for the first few games after a WC summer.

I assume the pre match presser is on today? Presumably get an update then. Hopefully Gomez is fit as well for CB.

Edit: Actually probably on tomorrow. Damn it only being Thursday!

• Advertisement

Need Milner fit alright. He's hardy, he'll want to play anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Was gonna post this on the Man U thread for a bit of crack but it probably would have been reported. Anyways thought it was funny, the last 3 to 4 windows there was loads of chat (from Man U fans) about Griezmann singing but not a dicky bird this window.

2fk2zw.jpg

Gerrard now wants Solanke on loan.

Is there a limit to how many Liverpool players he can actually take ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Was gonna post this on the Man U thread for a bit of crack but it probably would have been reported. Anyways thought it was funny, the last 3 to 4 windows there was loads of chat (from Man U fans) about Griezmann singing but not a dicky bird this window.

2fk2zw.jpg

You did post it though. You took it down because you realised it left you wide open to a similar skeleton photo that would have sent you packing.

Gerrard now wants Solanke on loan.

Is there a limit to how many Liverpool players he can actually take ?

Would he be a nailed on starter? Would like to see him get games week in week out for a while. Whether Rangers is the best gig though is another thing.

Liam O wrote: »
    You did post it though. You took it down because you realised it left you wide open to a similar skeleton photo that would have sent you packing.

That told him!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Can Bilbao sign migs? Or only Basque players?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

:D:D you got me, honestly I took it down because I thought the banter would have descended into bickering and I would have hurt some snowflakes feelings

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Would he be a nailed on starter? Would like to see him get games week in week out for a while. Whether Rangers is the best gig though is another thing.

I'd like to see him at an upper level Championship team. If he's as good as Klopp thinks, he should score for fun. Learn how to deal with hard-nosed defenders too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

4 minutes, I'm impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Can Bilbao sign migs? Or only Basque players?

Only Basque, Basque-heritage or strong ties to the region (e.g. born there and moved abroad or born elsewhere but moved at a young age to the region might qualify)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

BBC looking for commentators if anyone fancies a change of career :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Speak Now wrote: »
    4 minutes, I'm impressed.

You shouldn't be. I was looking to quote him in the United thread and his post had disappeared. Seen the one here on his profile. Called him out. Scuttling back here.

Yes, I'm bored...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I find it funny that we now have 3 keepers who could have been our number one. Surprised Mig didn't move on

I hope Sturridge can have a season like 13/14. He must have been watching last season and thinking how fun it looked. The quick breaking was reminiscent of Suarez, Sterling and himself. He wasn't injured much that season.

• Advertisement

2fk2zw.jpg

I have no idea what this is as images are largely blocked at work, but I would imagine that if it would have been reported and caused bickering in the Utd thread then it probably should be posted at all, or perhaps in the 'humour' thread which seems to be there for exactly this purpose.

Causing chat to appear here instead of there isn't a win in my eyes.

Unless we offload our squad is pretty huge.

Can loan deals happen after today?

Loan deals to championship clubs can happen till the end of the month.

Also from 5:01pm buy now pay next window deals can be done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Thought I seen somewhere that today is the last day for permanent signings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Vicxas wrote: »
    I find it funny that we now have 3 keepers who could have been our number one. Surprised Mig didn't move on

He can still move on this month to another league.

Transfer window closing today only applies for the premiership inward transfers.

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »
    He can still move on this month to another league.

Which is far more likely. If you are him, you are not moving within the PL to a team outside the top 6, it would be a kick in the teeth. Better to go elsewhere.

I wonder if Bilbao might take Karius on loan instead? Better suited to that league than Migs...but that only works if Migs is willing to stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Dickerty wrote: »
    Which is far more likely. If you are him, you are not moving within the PL to a team outside the top 6, it would be a kick in the teeth. Better to go elsewhere.

I wonder if Bilbao might take Karius on loan instead? Better suited to that league than Migs...but that only works if Migs is willing to stay.

I think Karius will stay and Mignolet will go.

murpho999 wrote: »
    I think Karius will stay and Mignolet will go.

That's how it should be, for sure. Let Karius have the domestic cups and learn from training with a top class GK. Migs is 30 now, needs to move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Fab looks set to miss the Westham game with a knock ,

Fab looks set to miss the Westham game with a knock ,

I think Milner will be bandaged up and will play, with Keita and Wijnaldum. Not sure Fab would started anyhow...

That's how it should be, for sure. Let Karius have the domestic cups and learn from training with a top class GK. Migs is 30 now, needs to move on.

Never mind this rotation for the cups lark. Goalies can easily play every game. If Alisson is fit for a given game, play him.

Loan deals to championship clubs can happen till the end of the month.

Also Scotland. Gerrard might take another 1 or 2 on loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

I think Milner will be bandaged up and will play, with Keita and Wijnaldum. Not sure Fab would started anyhow...

Gini has to start, was great on Tuesday and Millie to score a header, just 'cos he's a legend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Team I’d like to see

Alisson
    TAA Gomez vvd Robertson
    Milner Wini
    Keita
    mane Firmino Salah

Wouldn’t have any issue with Sturridge or Shaq being in there either as both have looked excellent. It’s pretty incredible the strength that’s there on the bench. You’ve guys on the bench not coming on because a nailed on starter is knackered. They’ll be entering to change the dynamic of the team when the game requires it. To have a selection of players like that is what wins leagues. Exciting times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Solanke loan to Rangers could be a decent move.
    He would score plenty of goals in the SPL which would enhance his value for a potential sale next summer.

If we see him having a long term future a loan to the Championship would probably be better.

• Advertisement

Anyone think Sturridge could possibly start ahead of Bobby the weekend ,
    Jurgen I need to know for my fantasy football

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Anyone think Sturridge could possibly start ahead of Bobby the weekend

Maybe Sturridge does

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Probably only point in keeping 2 of Solanke, Origi, Ings and Sturridge as backup.

Sturridge is definitely staying, as we know.

Origi will likely be sold, and is in last year of contract.

Ings, has a lot of interest but price seems high. Apparently Klopp values him and he's a big character in the dressing room so he's reluctant to let him go easily, even if he won't play all that much. Hence the high price tag I suppose.

Solanke won't be sold, and I think he's shown promise, but he needs game time. Make sense to loan him out now if Ings or Origi end up staying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I have Zaha and Maguire in my FF and am raging because Spurs and Utd haven't signed them. Plus my internets fkd and can't remember my password. Starting to remember why I stopped doing it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Not going to happen.
    But I'd say we'll see Sturridge around the 68 minute mark.

Probably only point in keeping 2 of Solanke, Origi, Ings and Sturridge as backup.

Ings, has a lot of interest but price seems high. Apparently Klopp values him and he's a big character in the dressing room so he's reluctant to let him go easily, even if he won't play all that much. Hence the high price tag I suppose.

Solanke won't be sold, and I think he's shown promise, but he needs game time. Make sense to loan him out now if Ings or Origi end up staying.

Origi may decide he doesn’t want to be sold and do a Can on it to get the signing on fee next summer.

Sturridge may have also made it clear he isn't leaving either and will leave next summer on a free for the big signing on fee.

Lazer may have also decided to do the same.

They all saw how much money Can made from a signing on fee when no transfer fee is paid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

I’ve not seen any promise in Solanke tbh. Grujic on the other hand is a fringe player that I think could be a solid player down the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I actually makes sense to me to start him. We should start well, be on the front foot and create lots of half chances, he can score in ways no one else can and take those half chances in ways Firmino will not.
    But Firmino will start, I expect front three to huff and puff and not score but dominate ball. West Ham will want a point and sit in.
    Bringing on Sturrridge to bale us out if needed is tougher situation for him and team. I'd start him.

I actually makes sense to me to start him. We should start well, be on the front foot and create lots of half chances, he can score in ways no one else can and take those half chances in ways Firmino will not.
    But Firmino will start, I expect front three to huff and puff and not score but dominate ball. West Ham will want a point and sit in.
    Bringing on Sturrridge to bale us out if needed is tougher situation for him and team. I'd start him.

Its not very often our front 3 huff and puff without a goal , Even less often at home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I think we will demolish West Ham.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement