Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

ebbsy wrote: »
    I think we will demolish West Ham.

You forgot #nomockers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

magma69 wrote: »
    Team I’d like to see

Alisson
    TAA Gomez vvd Robertson
    Milner Wini
    Keita
    mane Firmino Salah

Wouldn’t have any issue with Sturridge or Shaq being in there either as both have looked excellent. It’s pretty incredible the strength that’s there on the bench. You’ve guys on the bench not coming on because a nailed on starter is knackered. They’ll be entering to change the dynamic of the team when the game requires it. To have a selection of players like that is what wins leagues. Exciting times.

Seeing Trent on Tuesday night has me convinced that he is fresh enough to start now. I was err'ing towards Clyne based on pre-season, but Trent is seemingly fresh and ready after the WC.
    I still like Clyne as an option, and I think he potentially is a much stronger defender than TAA, but TAA's attacking ability gives more to the team if we are playing a so called "weaker" team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

ebbsy wrote: »
    I think we will demolish West Ham.

I've seen too many preseasons where we've looked like world beaters. Only to go into the first match and being brought back down to reality.

Nothing can ready the team for that first match with points on the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I’ve not seen any promise in Solanke tbh. Grujic on the other hand is a fringe player that I think could be a solid player down the line.

He's got good feet and a good brain, but I'm really not sold on him as any kind of athlete. Think you need that in his position.

That is something he could probably improve on. If he could use his body a bit better he'd be a lot more effective. He's still a young man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Nothing like the cold spoon of a first game loss to ruin that preseason erection.

• Advertisement

Nice not to be one of the desperado clubs looking for scraps on deadline day.

Fair play to the club for good early business this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I must be the only one here who sees a really high ceiling in Solanke’s career. Technically and athletically, he has lots of room for improvement but luckily for him, those are areas where you can make huge progress over time. He already has the intelligence of a very good centre forward, like Kane always had even when he wasn’t a world beater. I’m not saying he’s going to be half as good as Kane, but he could definitely be a late bloomer like him.

I’d be keeping Solanke ahead of Origi and Ings for sure, but that’s just me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,250 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Nice not to be one of the desperado clubs looking for scraps on deadline day.

Fair play to the club for good early business this summer.

Yeah, it's nice to be looking foward to the season rather than following every tweet and website hoping against hope of some wayward signing.

I'd hate to be a fan like that now.

It must be tough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

I still think we might get caught short in midfield unless we’re very lucky with injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

martyos121 wrote: »
    I must be the only one here who sees a really high ceiling in Solanke’s career. Technically and athletically, he has lots of room for improvement but luckily for him, those are areas where you can make huge progress over time. He already has the intelligence of a very good centre forward, like Kane always had even when he wasn’t a world beater. I’m not saying he’s going to be half as good as Kane, but he could definitely be a late bloomer like him.

I’d be keeping Solanke ahead of Origi and Ings for sure, but that’s just me.

With a name like Solanke, he'a going to need a high ceiling!

• Advertisement

doc_17 wrote: »
    I still think we might get caught short in midfield unless we’re very lucky with injuries.

Fabinho/Henderson for the holding role, Keita/Wijnaldum/Milner/Lallana/Jones for the front pair. 7 for 3 positions, and Trent can play there. I think we're ok...

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    With a name like Solanke, he'a going to need a high ceiling!

He's no Crouch! Should be called Somewhatlanke...

Dickerty wrote: »
    He's no Crouch! Should be called Somewhatlanke...

He's still growing as a player though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Why does it irk you so much. You've spent a few years going back and forth about Sturridge.

I don't get it. I think you're easily wound up.

Just my 2c

As I mentioned I think it's sad and pathetic, simple as that really. I guess I wouldn't have to post so much about it if he wasn't constantly being slagged for a few years, which is worse? the slagging or me defending the player?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Not going to happen.
    But I'd say we'll see Sturridge around the 68 minute mark.

One thing I hope changes this season is Klopps habit of using his subs on 68-70 minutes. There was quite a few draws last year where he didnt make subs till late when what we were doing clearly wasnt working from the start of the second half. Now he has Sturridge and Shaq on the bench theres no excuse not to unleash them early if we are trying to get through a packed defence.
    I’ve not seen any promise in Solanke tbh. Grujic on the other hand is a fringe player that I think could be a solid player down the line.

Solanke looks frustrating because he has gotten loads of scoring chances and has not put them away. But the positive in that is he has a good football brain for getting himself into those positions in the first place. Klopp must see that and he likely sees him put away his chances in training or he wouldnt be persisting with him.

I think Grujic is going to be an excellent player. In fact Im sure he had a run of 5 or games early in Klopps tenure and he looked fantastic for his age.

Dickerty wrote: »
    Fabinho/Henderson for the holding role, Keita/Wijnaldum/Milner/Lallana/Jones for the front pair. 7 for 3 positions, and Trent can play there. I think we're ok...

Fabinho, by Klopp’s own admission, will take time to settle. Henderson has that ongoing ankle thing. Lalanna? Not a factor these days due to injuries. Keita, Milner and Wijaldum will be regular starters. Jones I know nothing about. We could get caught, like last season wil little midfield options if we pick up injuries and suspension.

Anyway, hope I’m wrong.

As I mentioned I think it's sad and pathetic, simple as that really. I guess I wouldn't have to post so much about it if he wasn't constantly being slagged for a few years, which is worse? the slagging or me defending the player?

I like Sturridge,but can also see how ridiculous his injury record is. If someone slags him I don't feel to need to jump in and defend him. Is defending him achieving anything? :confused:

I like Sturridge,but can also see how ridiculous his injury record is. If someone slags him I don't feel to need to jump in and defend him. Is defending him achieving anything? :confused:

Internet points id say?

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Internet points id say?

Don't get it.

Maybe I'm too old (30's).

Pints maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

We have a lot of games to play next season and with the break they maybe bunched up together. It looks like we are close to having 2 teams that you can be confident of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Firmino sharted most games last season, first name on team sheet no matter how Sturridge performs, maybe we should be looking for a way to have two inform players on pitch, not choosing between one or the other.

Firmino sharted most games last season, first name on team sheet no matter how Sturridge performs, maybe we should be looking for a way to have two inform players on pitch, not choosing between one or the other.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

He made sh*t of a lot of teams in fairness.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Independent reporting Palace are making a £16m bid for Origi.

Don't get it.

Pints maybe

Can we get pints off the internet now? Do we need to achieve a certain amopunt of thanks and bring in a screengrab to our local barman?
    I'll have to step up my game so. Poor toby will be scuttered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So then Ings is off to Spain then I take it? :D

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It achieves exactly as much as slagging him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

Gas the Torino guy getting the selfie with Klopp at full time, the fan interaction at the end of games over pre season has been great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Fun Bobby is now Saint Bobby, what a guy, this after buying a round of beer for 200 people in a restaurant!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6042747/Roberto-Firmino-saves-two-Brazilian-boys-lives-59-000-donation-pay-medical-bills.html

• Advertisement

Typical another transfer deadline day closes and we don’t sign anyone !!!!’ ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

I see Man Utd have a brand new App..

Hmmm.. that's nice...

Fair play to Everton they've done some good late deals but can they finish above Liverpool that's the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

Fair play to Everton they've done some good late deals but can they finish above Liverpool that's the question.

Here's an early call Harry... Not a chance...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

jbt123 wrote:
    I see Man Utd have a brand new App..

Has Jose left a critical review of it on the app store yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Start Sturridge ahead of Firmino.

And Moreno ahead of Robertson, and Karius ahead of Alisson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Saints trying to rush through a deal for Ingsy, could be gone yet.

I'd imagine, Origi and Markovic will be flogged to some European side, they won't be here past the window. I'd actually like to keep Grujic though

Don't get it.

Pints maybe

Yeah, pints on a Thursday are great. It’s close enough to the weekend to be excusable.

The price we'll get for those players will probably be a lot lower now

The price we'll get for those players will probably be a lot lower now

Fees been asked for Origi and Ings were unrealistic. For cover I'd still like Origi to stay, he's a damn sight better than Solanke.

Andy Hunter.
    Southampton’s offer to Liverpool for Danny Ings is a season-long loan deal with an obligation to buy next summer. Deal sheet submitted in time so have until 7pm to complete.

• Advertisement

rob316 wrote: »
    Saints trying to rush through a deal for Ingsy, could be gone yet.

I'd imagine, Origi and Markovic will be flogged to some European side, they won't be here past the window. I'd actually like to keep Grujic though

Grujic is staying it seems, maybe Klopp feels that as he is on the youth list (though now 22 was 21 on Jan 1st) he can be kept without needing to be sold mid-season should a Fekir type deal be done. He can cover DM/CM and maybe even CB in a crisis in cup games.

So it's all closed and this is my take on where we are at compared to last seasons starting squad.

Sold no one of note (can't include Can in this as he wasnt key player last season).
    In comparison to start of last season, we have a fit Mane, fully settled Salah and added Van Dijk, Alisson, Fabinho, Keita and Shaqiri.
    Lost Ox for the season but Lallana is fit again a previously key player.
    It's a miles better squad.

Still don't think we will beat City though, they just have ridiculous strength in depth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Chamberlain injury such a cruel blow.

Has the pace to play on the wings in the front 3 & outstanding in midfield before injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Happy enough with the window. An attacker and it would have been the perfect window but i guess every fan of every club would love just one more signing, or any signing in case of some clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

rob316 wrote: »
    So it's all closed and this is my take on where we are at compared to last seasons starting squad.

Sold no one of note (can't include Can in this as he wasnt key player last season).
    In comparison to start of last season, we have a fit Mane, fully settled Salah and added Van Dijk, Alisson, Fabinho, Keita and Shaqiri.
    Lost Ox for the season but Lallana is fit again a previously key player.
    It's a miles better squad.

Still don't think we will beat City though, they just have ridiculous strength in depth.

Coutinho says hi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Happy enough with this window although i would hope the club get to shift out some of the squad before the end of the European transfer window.

I reckon we could go back in for Fekir or another attacking minded player in January which could help us out a lot especially if we are still challenging for major honors.

Grujic is staying it seems, maybe Klopp feels that as he is on the youth list (though now 22 was 21 on Jan 1st) he can be kept without needing to be sold mid-season should a Fekir type deal be done. He can cover DM/CM and maybe even CB in a crisis in cup games.

I'd rather see him loaned out, could be another Danny Ward move keeping him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Jurgen on Deadline day

Quilted-Hammocks.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Really surprised at neither ManU nor Spurs picking up anyone today. Spurs in an especially odd position given the situations with Rose and Alderweirald.

Good work by Everton alright in fairness to them.

Hopefully for his sake, that Ings deal goes through.
    :D:D you got me, honestly I took it down because I thought the banter would have descended into bickering and I would have hurt some snowflakes feelings

Side note, do we really have to use right-wing catchphrases?

ricero wrote: »
    Happy enough with this window although i would hope the club get to shift out some of the squad before the end of the European transfer window.

I reckon we could go back in for Fekir or another attacking minded player in January which could help us out a lot especially if we are still challenging for major honors.

Probably enough evidence to say that we wont go back to Lyon for Fekir, the issue with the knee ended our interest in the player and anything to the contrary is just speculation.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement