Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Jose on Deadline day

EquatorialWaterloggedBorderterrier-max-1mb.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

ricero wrote: »

I reckon we could go back in for Fekir or another attacking minded player in January which could help us out a lot especially if we are still challenging for major honors.

Putting in the ground work nice and early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Fair play to Everton they've done some good late deals but can they finish above Liverpool that's the question.

https://twitter.com/VintageSalah/status/1027591232325861376?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

NukaCola wrote: »
    I'd rather see him loaned out, could be another Danny Ward move keeping him.

Grujic is down to his last 12 months. He was lined up to go to Cardiff on loan again this season but it was put on hold until he signed an extension.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Coutinho says hi

Totally forgot about Coutinho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

rob316 wrote: »
    Totally forgot about Coutinho.

Haven't we all. Splitter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

James Pearce.

Klopp believes new signing Alisson is in good hands with Achterberg
    Jurgen Klopp insists new Liverpool No 1 Alisson Becker is in safe hands with “goalkeeper maniac” John Achterberg.

The Brazilian shot-stopper is preparing to make his debut for the Reds in Sunday's Premier League opener against West Ham at Anfield.

Achterberg is tasked with getting the best out of the £65million signing and Klopp has reaffirmed his faith in the club's long-serving goalkeeping coach.

The former Tranmere keeper has faced criticism from a section of supporters in recent years when the form of Simon Mignolet and Loris Karius has come under the spotlight.

But Klopp believes Liverpool are fortunate to have Achterberg and he remains a highly valued member of his backroom staff ahead of the 2018/19 campaign.

“First of all, John is a goalkeeper maniac. He's working constantly,” Klopp told the ECHO.

“It's so easy. All the people in the pubs think they know and understand football 100%.

“But if you asked them: 'What does a goalkeeper do?' They couldn't say more than 'catch balls'. They have no clue about goalkeeper techniques and all that stuff.

“John is the first in the building and the last to leave. No matter how early I get into Melwood, I get up the stairs and he's already there - sat there with the laptop open watching goalkeepers from the other end of the world.

“He's constantly in there developing, changing training programmes, working with the boys. For me, he's a fantastic goalkeeper coach.

“There's not any reason for criticism. He's also a fantastic lad.”

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-boss-jurgen-klopp-responds-15011670.amp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Oh God. He'll be spreading fear and panic by October!

Has Ings gone through?

Just reading loan to buy deals are not subject to today's deadline.

Fabby has muscle strain according to Dom King, unlikely to play Sunday.

• Advertisement

The 60m we were suppose to make today did not happen I take it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Can still sell players until the end of August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Surely the deadline today is just a PR thing? Can't clubs just do a type of loan to buy deal instead? Like Mbappe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Surely the deadline today is just a PR thing? Can't clubs just do a type of loan to buy deal instead? Like Mbappe.

No loans into the PL but PL teams can loan out to lower leagues and loan/sell to everywhere else where their window is open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Oh God. He'll be spreading fear and panic by October!

Has Ings gone through?

Just reading loan to buy deals are not subject to today's deadline.

Fabby has muscle strain according to Dom King, unlikely to play Sunday.

Yep, need to keep one of Origi or Solanke.

Ings joins Southampton on loan for a year then £18m plus £2m in add-ons

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/1027638141354762241

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Yep, need to keep one of Origi or Solanke.

I'd be more inclined to give Solanke the shout, I think there is more raw talent there to be nurtured as opposed to what we have seen lately with so called "proven" Origi.....

£32m for Ings and Ward that's great business.

Origi, Lazer & Mignolet might still leave before the end of the month as well.

Fair play Edwards got more or less what he wanted. And it'll add goodness in the Net Spend tally for Summer 2019! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

I wonder if southampton get relegated is there a clause that the deal is off,i wouldnt be surprised if they get relegated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Very weird deal.

Southampton obviously don't want the Ings deal on their accounts for 2018 for whatever reason.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Slight bonus for us too in that he can't play against us this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

MD1990 wrote: »
    Very weird deal.

Southampton obviously don't want the Ings deal on their accounts for 2018 for whatever reason.

Would imagine it was a case of not getting it done on time, they applied for a extension to get the loan deal over and sealed the sale for next year at the same time.

Hope he does well there.

Just seeing Ings is a Southampton fan and was released by them as a kid.

Nice way to return to your childhood team.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Did Klopp follow in the proud tradition of Pool managers getting their teeth done?

Looks to have gotten the Firmino treatment. (except not as obvious or fake looking)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Fieldog wrote: »
    I'd be more inclined to give Solanke the shout, I think there is more raw talent there to be nurtured as opposed to what we have seen lately with so called "proven" Origi.....

Not sure anyone has said Origi is proven at anything other than being a decent backup. Origi is only 2 and a half years older than Solanke also. At the same age as Solanke is currently, Origi was scoring in the Europa league against Dortmund and scoring in the EPL when called on.

Solanke currently is miles off where Origi was at the same age, and he is still not as effective as Origi is now IMO. Lets hope the "raw talent" actually shows something of substance over this campaign as opposed to some of the run outs last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Fair play Edwards got more or less what he wanted. And it'll add goodness in the Net Spend tally for Summer 2019! ;)

Don't mention net spend. People seem to get very upset by it :pac:

Just wait till Migs and Origi get signed by Serie A clubs on similar terms
    (without the actual buying obviously!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Class from Klopp.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1027640926779461632?s=19
    “He is such an outstanding boy. Honestly, if you could bottle character and spirit, his would sell worldwide - he is so incredibly positive and full of energy. But we won’t just miss his character because he is a footballer who has all the tools.

“What is clear is that in his time here he had zero luck really, certainly in my time. Before joining I tried to watch as many games on tape as I could from the season so far and Danny Ings stood out as someone I was really looking forward to coaching.

“We all know his story and the bad luck he has had since then.

“It’s why the other emotion is that of being pleased for Danny that he has such a good move and his future is now very bright.

“When he said to us he thinks this is the window it might be best to look elsewhere, for the sake of his career and playing more regular football, it was clear early on that Southampton has great appeal to him personally. It’s his home, his family is there, it’s his boyhood club. They have a great manager and I think the supporters and him will feed off each other’s passion and energy.

“So we say farewell to a friend, but for Danny I know the best chapters in his personal story are still to be written. He is as fit now as at any point of his career I would bet and he just requires the opportunity.

“He has that opportunity and on behalf of his Liverpool family we say good luck Danny and we will miss you.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Just wait till Migs and Origi get signed by Serie A clubs on similar terms
    (without the actual buying obviously!

AC Milan probably come in with a 1 year offer while we pay all his wages & he goes on a free next summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

How to post a picture on mobile??

With this deal iif Ings gets badly injured in the morning they still have to buy?

GiftofGab wrote: »

Usually you press the image and you select 'copy link' from options and then paste in new post window. That's android anyway. You'll need to Include tags

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    With this deal iif Ings gets badly injured in the morning they still have to buy?

What happens if he scores 40......do we get him back for nought??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

https://i.redd.it/a24gpwfkn3f11.jpg

Love this picture....made me laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Happy ings gets to go to his boyhood club,plus the fact his family live there,I hope he does well he deserves it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Should have chanced our arm with a reciprocal loan deal for James Ward-Prowse. His versatility would add the extra bit of cover for midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

GiftofGab wrote: »

url here

Remove spaces from the tags

• Advertisement

Ings is our man on the outside. When he faces our closest rivals you just know Milner and Co will be egging him on. He can take some points from teams around us, I just know it.

Capture851.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

brevity wrote: »
    Nothing like the cold spoon of a first game loss to ruin that preseason erection.

You may need to stop stimulating your caudate nucleus during pre-season

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/08/180809112545.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

Just read this on the LFC site:

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/features/310791-premier-league-new-season-fans-predictions

It's only the opinion of 20 people, but they all have us either second or (a couple of times) first. I'm actually feeling the pressure of expectation on this season, can't remember the last time we were expected to do well!

Fun filled day

tenor.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

8-10 wrote: »
    Only Basque, Basque-heritage or strong ties to the region (e.g. born there and moved abroad or born elsewhere but moved at a young age to the region might qualify)

Bilbao only play players with a connection to there?! That's bizarre. Kind of cool too, in a weird kind of way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

jasonb wrote: »
    Just read this on the LFC site:

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/features/310791-premier-league-new-season-fans-predictions

It's only the opinion of 20 people, but they all have us either second or (a couple of times) first. I'm actually feeling the pressure of expectation on this season, can't remember the last time we were expected to do well!

Yeah, I thought it might've just been Liverpool fans who have reasonably high expectations this year - but pretty much everyone there, sampled across all PL clubs, expects Liverpool to challenge for the title.

For my sins, I'll go with;
    1. City 2. Liverpool 3. Chelsea 4. Utd

2flr9o.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

2flr9o.jpg

Liverpool fans- Deadly!
    Medium- wait, wait! There's more.
    Liverpool fans- a double?
    Medium - premier league champions, Liverpool...
    Liverpool fans- a treble!?
    Medium - premier league champions, Liverpool... Next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

garra wrote: »
    You may need to stop stimulating your caudate nucleus during pre-season

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/08/180809112545.htm

I was JUST about to say that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Thud

3.40 "...and in behind we have a guy who can catch the ball, that is a, massive advantage.."

ouch, poor Karius!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement