Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

DrumSteve wrote: »
    If he just shuts up and stops talking about how great he is he should be fine.

Yes, just get his head down and focus on his football.

Pundits and neutrals have picked Lovren out as a weak link but are ignoring his form since VVD has arrived. He should get better with Allison behind him as well so I expect a big season from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

NukaCola wrote: »
    People in general do ridiculous stuff due to road rage or when provoked. Carra should know better but I think its fairly harsh to define him as a bad person due to an obvious heat of the moment thing......much worse has been done by people provoked, road rage and in the heat of the moment lets be honest. Not condoning what he did, it was a ****e thing to do, but wouldn't drag him over hot coals for it either.

Bar raping someone, I couldn't give a ****e what a Liverpool player does. Carragher is a club legend and will always be fine of him. I still don't understand why he was taken off sky last season and why it was THAT big a deal.

Didn't Gerrard pinch the head off someone in Manchester before? Yet nobody cares about that.

We've all did things we regret.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭elbyrneo

DrumSteve wrote: »
    If he just shuts up and stops talking about how great he is he should be fine.

Yeah I wonder does he actually talk himself up to give him the confidence he needs, as opposed to VVD who probably has bags of natural confidence and let's his performances do the talking.

I actually don't mind the Big talk, once it's followed with performances. And with VVD beside him he seems to be so much more solid. In CL final despite result I thought he was immense ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Seems like an eternity since the last time he did one - Klopp's presser today...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caamdUKUK38

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Are you a 10 year old ebbsy? Lee can seek employment with any club he likes - Gerrard is manager of a fake version a disreputable Loyalist stronghold.

46 actually.

And who gives a **** about Scottish football anyway ? It is a joke.

Gerrard is only using it as a stepping stone.

elbyrneo wrote: »
    3 hours or so (at last) from the start of the premier league season..terrific transfer window and a massive amount of optimism for the season ahead.

Can we stop with this idiotic posting on player morality. It's the usual trolling suspects...

So I'm sure we have all been reading on predictions or making our own up. Aside from the usual predictions (league winner, top 4, top scorer, POTY) and interesting predictions you have?

Mine: I'm predicting Lovren to shine this year , having a season almost error free, and be seen in the same light as VVD with some even saying he outshone.

There, I've said it.

I am not trolling. When I see him in an Everton tracksuit I want to vomit in my mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭elbyrneo

ebbsy wrote: »
    I am not trolling. When I see him in an Everton tracksuit I want to vomit in my mouth.

Fair enough. Just trying to change subject. Great season ahead !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

What the fcuk is wrong with some of ye,best squad in a generation,utd in turmoil,all things we had hoped for...

Nope,argue riddiculas points about things we really don't have a fcking clue about in reality.

Kudos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

What the fcuk is wrong with some of ye,best squad in a generation,utd in turmoil,all things we had hoped for...

Nope,argue riddiculas points about things we really don't have a fcking clue about in reality.

Kudos.

Not buying the Utd in turmoil stuff. Can't see much between either of us come the end of the season. I also think it'll be another 12 months before either give City a run for their money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Speak Now wrote: »
    Not buying the Utd in turmoil stuff. Can't see much between either of us come the end of the season. I also think it'll be another 12 months before either give City a run for their money.

They will be in turmoil untill they win the league or champions league again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I see Pele has tipped Liverpool to win title, but I'd not read much into that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Speak Now wrote: »

They are far from in turmoil,often the teams with few new players go alot better.They have a squad full of very talented players,if they start well they could fly.If they start poorly jose could go on a rampage and lose the dressing room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Squad numbers officially confirmed for the season now.

Alisson gets 13.
    Fabinho gets 3.
    Brewster gets 24 (that suggests Klopp rates him as a first team player IMO).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,927 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Unlucky 13.

Well that goes well for goalkeeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

United will be in turmoil if they have a really bad start, like anyone else.....TBH not much again between the top 5/6 bar City. City still look a cut above at the moment. It will be interesting to see the table after 5 games, how things shape up even at that early stage could give a good indication of what to expect this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭daheff

Unlucky 13.

Well that goes well for goalkeeper.

First team goalies in Europe usually take 13 as their number

U23s start their season at 7 PM, it's on LFC TV. Dunno line ups but all the hip kids are in the U18s and senior squad these days.

Delayed KO to 7.45 due to rain of all things

Brewsters shirt No is interesting - bubbling under in the scheme of things, due back in December.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

martyos121 wrote: »

Alisson gets 13.

Taking over the number from such LFC GK greats such as Manninger, James, Stensguard and Warner.

Fair fcuks to Karius holding on the the number 1.

#LK1 forever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

He also named El Hadji Diouf in the top 125 players of all time, so...

• Advertisement

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    He also named El Hadji Diouf in the top 125 players of all time, so...

Two time African player of the year 2001/2002 also named in the World Cup team of the year in 2002 he had the world at his feet then he joined Liverpool.

Two time African player of the year 2001/2002 also named in the World Cup team of the year in 2002 he had the world at his feet then he joined Liverpool.

yes... but unfortunately he named him that in 2004 when Diouf had just earned the ignominy of being Liverpool's first number 9 ever to go a whole season without scoring.

Decent player on his day he was, one of the best 50 active players in the world, he was not.

Just watched Klopp's press conference... really is a tasty rivalry building now between him and Pep. From marring Pep's otherwise astonishing season last year with 3 defeats (most importantly knocking them out of the CL of course), to the press conference in the US when Pep got all pissed off with him. And now the backhanded comparison of naming Man City Ivan Drago... could have easily (and more accurately) said Apollo Creed, but instead he picked the unequivocal bad guy. Will be some interesting bits and pieces between them this season i'd say!

The new Fergie - Wenger?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Ivan Drago loved a bit of steroids also :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

We are definitely winning the title this year. If we don't, i'll eat your hat.

martyos121 wrote: »

Alisson gets 13.
    Fabinho gets 3.
    Brewster gets 24 (that suggests Klopp rates him as a first team player IMO).

Jesus Christ! What are they doing giving Becker no. 13?!

Just watched Klopp's press conference... really is a tasty rivalry building now between him and Pep. From marring Pep's otherwise astonishing season last year with 3 defeats (most importantly knocking them out of the CL of course), to the press conference in the US when Pep got all pissed off with him. And now the backhanded comparison of naming Man City Ivan Drago... could have easily (and more accurately) said Apollo Creed, but instead he picked the unequivocal bad guy. Will be some interesting bits and pieces between them this season i'd say!

The new Fergie - Wenger?

Loved the bit at the very end where the German reporter asked him about what Mourinho had said about him spending big and Klopp just laughed it off by saying he doubts that Jose listens to what he says and he certainly doesn't listen to what Jose says - have no doubt that Klopp takes no notice of Jose's rather limp attempts at mind games but have a sneaky feeling that Jose might be a bit more sensitive about what others say about him...

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    Loved the bit at the very end where the German reporter asked him about what Mourinho had said about him spending big and Klopp just laughed it off by saying he doubts that Jose listens to what he says and he certainly doesn't listen to what Jose says - have no doubt that Klopp takes no notice of Jose's rather limp attempts at mind games but have a sneaky feeling that Jose might be a bit more sensitive about what others say about him...

Yeah Klopp generally tends to brush off attempts of wind ups. Mourinhos thin skin wouldn't allow him to.

Sofa Spud wrote: »

Look at you with your German, ya show-off :p

Thanks for the translation though, hadn't caught what the German questions/answers were.

Look at you with your German, ya show-off :p

Thanks for the translation though, hadn't caught what the German questions/answers were.

No worries - she'd started by asking about how he'd spent so much more than other teams and he had a cool answer that they never intended it that way it and he was never worried that before they had a low nett spend - it was just that prices have gone crazy since Neymar, Cou and Dembele and this time round they saw the players they wanted, they were available and they made sure they got their business done early.

• Advertisement

J Mysterio wrote: »
    We are definitely winning the title this year. If we don't, i'll eat your hat.

I have three at the moment - cap, beany and wide brim sun hat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Be interesting to see Maddison of Leicester tonight see how he does, could be a good option for us if he does well. Know we were linked with him so is on our radar

Be interesting to see Maddison of Leicester tonight see how he does, could be a good option for us if he does well. Know we were linked with him so is on our radar

Nearly scored a cracker but for a decent save from De Gea just now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

You'd literally fall asleep watching United. That's all I can stands, I can stands no more. I need air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

How the mighty have fallen, browsing the match thread there and utd fans are funny, applauding when they string two passes together telling themselves this is good football!
    It's been that long since they seen good football they have no idea what it actually is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Please stop talking about Utd.

Never said a word about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,738 ✭✭✭giveitholly

A lot of fellas could have egg on their faces Sunday afternoon if we fail to beat West ham,plenty are predicting an evitable demise for utd as a given,they won't be too far from the business end of things this season,hope fellas are not getting too carried away with preseason

• Advertisement

A lot of fellas could have egg on their faces Sunday afternoon if we fail to beat West ham,plenty are predicting an evitable demise for utd as a given,they won't be too far from the business end of things this season,hope fellas are not getting too carried away with preseason

Era not really, it's a league, not a cup. It's not won or lost on day one of thirty-eight. It'd be nice to win, it'd be disappointing to lose, that's about it.

Era not really, it's a league, not a cup. It's not won or lost on day one of thirty-eight. It'd be nice to win, it'd be disappointing to lose, that's about it.

Yeah, whether we win lose or draw, we'll be decent this season and should rack up a decent points total. Egg on faces talk before game one, jeez.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

No one will have egg on their faces after 1 game.

I think we will finish higher than them this year.
    I am certain we will play more attractive football.
    It's been a while since I've been looking foward to a season as much as this one.

Can't wait for the season to really kick off !!

I have three at the moment - cap, beany and wide brim sun hat.

Wide brim sun hat it is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

Better to forget about them. If we finish above united this year i’ll be very happy cause it’ll mean we finish well.
    They didn’t have a brilliant side on paper last year and they didn’t play good football but they still finished second.

They won’t suddenly become a side that can’t pick up the points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

This, pretty sure United didn’t win it until September last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

As it stands....

Leicester City to be demoted after finishing last and Man utd to be crowned champions.

Only logical explanation after tonight's result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Need a good win with lots of goals, put a marker down.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

3 points, no injuries will do fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

No, we don't. Just need to win the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Kill em that way!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement