Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

That's a great statement of intent.
    I love Naby already.
    VVD is the nuts.
    Sturridge looked sharp.
    Shaqiri looked very eager.
    Robertson is a hero.
    ....I could say something postitive about each player that togged out for us today. Hardly any negatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

To get serious for a second I had to listen to most of the match as driving but get to see Sturidges goal what was Millner wearing on his head did he get a knock I did not remember

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Move of the game has to be Milner's headband doing a Cruyff turn at halftime.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I love Naby already.
    VVD is the nuts.
    Sturridge looked sharp.
    Robertson is a hero.
    ....I could say something postitive about each player that togged out for us today. Hardly any negatives.

Gomez seemed to slot in well from what I heard also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Fieldog wrote: »
    2vx2c9i.jpg

Probably the Freemasons...

Can Milner get any better? He's in danger of outstripping Gary McAllister as the greatest 30 something player to ever join the club!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Finally. Who's starting the match thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

First goal showed the need for good fullbacks. Taa to keita to robertson to salah.
    Great match.
    Mane was lucky that the goal stood. Balbuena should have walked. Xerdan and danny looked very good. Should have come on earlier. Gomez looked ok also even though he had nothing to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sweep the leg.

lxmO9EX.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Pa8301

Very good win even though the opposition was poor. Can only beat what's in front of you. Great to start the season off with three points. This was my first time watching Keita in action. If this game is anything to go by he is going to be a great acquisition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Can Milner get any better? He's in danger of outstripping Gary McAllister as the greatest 30 something player to ever join the club!!

Hames Milnerinho was unbelievable, still one of my favourite player's, hope he stays until the end of his career with us....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

To get serious for a second I had to listen to most of the match as driving but get to see Sturidges goal what was Millner wearing on his head did he get a knock I did not remember

Clash of heads in Dublin last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

https://streamable.com/q4rcn

Funniest celebration from Klopp...

I love Naby already.
    VVD is the nuts.
    Sturridge looked sharp.
    Robertson is a hero.

Just before the game I looked on the FlashScore App to see what the lineup was and thought, "That looks like a wicked team", we'll definitely kill them that way :P

Then I looked at the bench and thought "Fcuk, we are seriously tooled up this season!!"

195790Subs1534086740.png

So then What was it like? Great, I was getting a bit fretful as the first half edged towards half time with just the one goal to show for overwhelming domination so the second bang on 45 was perfect. As was the Milner/Keita/Wiji midfield mix which looked superbly balanced, something that others will have to adjust to is the speed that Nabby uses the ball and the pace of his passes - a few times players were slightly behind his play this is important for Robbo and Mane in particular as Keita tends to play the left side of the pitch. TAA needs to recalibrate is crossing sights but otherwise was just fine ditto Robertson. VVD just strolled about and Sturridge will not have a less stressed 6 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

One flaw in your argument for this accolade is that he was in his 20's when he joined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Very promising start to the season picking up where we left off last year. Keita looked brilliant can't wait to watch him throughout the season. Very happy to see sturridge bag one aswell, bring on palace away next week.!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

Not quite he was 29 when he joined but I get what you're saying he's getting better & better

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

klose wrote: »
    Very promising start to the season picking up where we left off last year. Keita looked brilliant can't wait to watch him throughout the season. Very happy to see sturridge bag one aswell, bring on palace away next week.!

After about 60 minutes, Keita's energy levels seemed to drop, then for the last 10 minutes he came alive again and caused problems.
    I was surprised that he wasn't subbed, but he obviously has a reserve tank.

5starpool wrote: »
    One flaw in your argument for this accolade is that he was in his 20's when he joined.

Have you been on the sauce a bit much today 5star?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_McAllister

Born 1964. Joined LFC in 2,000. 2000 - 1964 = 36.

And I wasn't making an argument but I'll have one with you if you want one ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Nice to see Irishman Jamie Heaslip get a game today :D
    23sxibk.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

Can't really remember any negatives from the game, Allison with one dodgy punch which reminded me of Karius and spurs last season. Then redknapp said it and it might be the first time I've agreed with him in a long time.
    Baby Keith looks the biz. Could be the bargain of the season, even at such a high price. I've a feeling he might miss a few games thru picking up yellows tho but they could act as his rest periods.
    Sturridge looked a different player from last season, big smile on his face.
    Mané looked different class, ran his nuts off and got his 2 goals, one dodgy one but hopefully that's the tide turning on referee decisions for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

After about 60 minutes, Keita's energy levels seemed to drop, then for the last 10 minutes he came alive again and caused problems.
    I was surprised that he wasn't subbed, but he obviously has a reserve tank.

The ball he played to Robertson before he crossed it to salah for his goal was superb, seems to have thay threading pass that Phil used to have for us.

As noted already the midfield looked very balanced today and that's before Henderson and fabinho get involved, some great options there. Im certainly joining in on the Jimmy milner love in.

How old was milner when he signed?

It's easy to see who the pendants are here.

Augeo wrote: »
    How old was milner when he signed?

He was in his 30th year :o

Jermaine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

He was in his 30th year :o

Gerroutodatgarden.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Someone was on the sauce alright it seems, but sadly not me.

Apology accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Jermaine?

Rumoured to be going into celebrity big brother house next week flogging a book

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Was a great game to watch today and a well deserved win.

Alisson was excellent with the ball at his feet but didn't really have a save to make.

Back four was solid and Gomez dealt with everything thrown at him. TAA was a bit off with some of his crossing though.

Midfield were excellent. Keita looks as if he's been playing with us for years. Gini did a great job as the deepest player.

Front three were good as always. Loads of work from Bobby and got an assist. Salah looked dangerous but Mane was super. He was everywhere and grabbed two good goals. Big season for him I think.

Great to see Sturridge grab a goal and Shaqiri looked full of energy in his few minutes.

Looking forward to next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Missed the game but great to see Mane and Salah continuing on where they left off last season, and having the game wrapped up so early. Will be even better once the main man is back up to speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

They're always hanging around.

Best not to stick your neck out or let them collar you.

Fun Bobby showing again why he is the most important player in the team the selflessness of opening up space for everyone else is amazing.

Keita has some quick feet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Was at the game Gini was superb all afternoon my MOTM fun bobby doing what he does best. All in all a great result and performance.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Weren't thaaat sharp, nobody had to bang out any worldies, we played most of the 2nd half in 2nd gear and still strolled it. A really solid, comfortable win to get us going.

Robertson, Mane and Keita worked really well as a three. Looking forward to seeing if Keita can get similar joy down the middle with Firmino and down the other flank with Salah and Trent or Clyne.

We're in great shape just adding Keita, and anyone else involved in the attack will get all the time they need to get up to speed. Keita already is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Great result, worth the wait. Milner is a legend, no other way to put it, although his attempted vasectomy on Wilshire was a bit harsh. Robbo stood out again, some pacy runs and along with VVD, there's no stress when he's on the ball and Gomez was fine against poor opposition. Thought Trent looked a bit out of sorts, as if he was trying too hard or had something on his mind but not worried. Keita looked like he's always been there, Gini looked confident, shame his reaction wasn't a split-second quicker on that missed chance early one but a great performance and the front 3 are back to normal business. Chuffed for Studge, although had hoped he'd forgotten that stupid dance and Shaq looked so happy to be there. 4 goals was great but the clean sheet was the cherry on top. Not the toughest of tests, but that's what you want on the first day, a great result and top of the league...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It seems like it went unnoticed by many today due to his poor crossing, but Trent’s range of passing is absolutely phenomenal. There was two or three in particular that he pinged so effortlessly across the pitch, reminded me of Gerrard. I think he’ll be a big player for us in the long term, and he’s a local lad so it won’t be nearly as hard to keep hold of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    hoped he'd forgotten that stupid dance .

Blasphemy!!!!, you got to love the Sturridge dance! Hope to see it plenty more this season.

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    It seems like it went unnoticed by many today due to his poor crossing, but Trent’s range of passing is absolutely phenomenal. There was two or three in particular that he pinged so effortlessly across the pitch, reminded me of Gerrard. I think he’ll be a big player for us in the long term, and he’s a local lad so it won’t be nearly as hard to keep hold of him.

You would hope however even Macca & Owen were drawn to the bright lights of Madrid at the peaks of their careers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Good start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Fantastic result today,very enjoyable,we didn't get out of 3rd gear but we didn't have to,we played well within ourselves yet got a great result,miller and Keita were class

Mane looked p1ssed off getting subbed off he is out of here as soon as a decent offer comes in for him especially since he won't sign a new contract/

Season over :(

Klopp out.

I can see folk moving away from goals per minutes played as a metric :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

On course to score 152 league goals this season. I'll take that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Some delish passing. Very happy with that first game.

Shaqiri if he can keep that bundle of enthusiasm for the season really could turn out to be an amazing signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Jesus arsenal were septic

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

We were pretty rusty, didn't really get into our game properly at all, but still a handy enough win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Comfortable and controlled performance. Not used to that sort of thing first game of the season.

Hard to ask for more.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement