Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yeah I'd be a bit wary of letting him go considering Matip is made of crisps and Lovren is already ruled out for the first month of the season. I'm sure he realises that he's 5th choice now but some of those in front of him pick up a fair few niggling injuries. Including Gomez.

Are you on Reddit :confused: I've literally just seen someone over there say that our defenders are made of crisps :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Are you on Reddit :confused: I've literally just seen someone over there say that our defenders are made of crisps :pac:

Tayto or Walkers?

Tayto or Walkers?

King of course :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Spurs stadium not ready.

Our game on Sept 15th should be at Wembley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Since the European transfer window is still open can Liverpool still talk to European clubs about buying their players and do some more Keita type deals till the European window closes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Since the European transfer window is still open can Liverpool still talk to European clubs about buying their players and do some more Keita type deals till the European window closes?

I assume we can. We agreed and announced Fabinho outside of a transfer window. Just had to wait until July 1st for it to be official.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Rabiot would be an excellent pick up with Milner and/or Lallana unlikely to be at the club next summer. It would allow Baby Keith to play as an attacking mid more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Thud wrote: »
    Think he said he played him left wing(?) in one game, where he'd never played before.

Said he scored 2 goals got MOTM and Benitez criticized his movement. I'm sure it will be on repeat, worth a watch. Neville asked him if he was a club signing (not a manager signing) he said he didn't know but sounded like he thinks he was. Asked him if he has ever spoken to Rafa about it since, kinda fudged the answer and said Rafa isn't the sort of guy you can ask .
    He scored 2 goals in a game against West Brom where he played up front with Kuyt. I remember he had a bit of a strop when he was substituted. The reason for the substitution was obvious - he had stopped working for the team was playing for himself like a glory hunting child playing with his mates in the park. Benitez had spoken to him about the need to not showboat the week or so before when he wasted a golden chance against Atletico in the Champions League. It's possible that in Keane's mind Benitez substituted him in that game because he didn't want him to get a hat-trick.

Benitez is a convenient talking point to mask the reality that by the time he got to Liverpool, Keane was finished as a top level Premier League player. If Benitez was the issue then surely Keane would have had a better goal return at Tottenham.

He scored 5 goals in half a season for Liverpool and repeated the feat when he returned to Tottenham. He didn't improve the following season so Tottenham sent him to Celtic, there was a subsequent stint at West Ham where he also failed to deliver before he jetted off to LA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Just saw on Twitter the Liverpool bench for Klopp's first game in charge.

Bogdan, Toure, Randall, Texeira, Allen, Sinclair, Ibe

Rabiot would be an excellent pick up with Milner and/or Lallana unlikely to be at the club next summer. It would allow Baby Keith to play as an attacking mid more.

More chance Lallana going than Milner I would say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

The few times I've seen him play he's looked very good but would hope we can get another year of Milner around if a further reduced role will satisfy him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/1029020265483837440?s=19

Klavan might be moving on for more game time. Seems a bit mad unless they are confident Matip and Lovern will be back soon and Phillips can step up to the first team.

Edit: and talks we are trying to get Rabiot to sign a precontract in January for a free transfer in the summer.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/adrien-rabiot-remains-liverpool-radar-13076616
    Klavan's contract expires next summer so the club are probably mindful of that seeing as he hasn't signed the extension Klopp seem keen for him to get.

It was reported in the Newcastle newspaper that Benitez had wanted to sign him but Ashley refused to sanction the deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Id agree, Milner will retire here,
    Id say Henderson has more chance of leaving next summer than Milner,
    Milner be happier at his age to be benched some times Hendo won't

Ye I would see Lallana, Clyne & Henderson leaving next summer along with Sturridge, Moreno & Origi.

I also wouldn’t be surprised to see some of their replacements brought in during the January window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Talisman wrote: »
    He scored 2 goals in a game against West Brom where he played up front with Kuyt. I remember he had a bit of a strop when he was substituted. The reason for the substitution was obvious - he had stopped working for the team was playing for himself like a glory hunting child playing with his mates in the park. Benitez had spoken to him about the need to not showboat the week or so before when he wasted a golden chance against Atletico in the Champions League. It's possible that in Keane's mind Benitez substituted him in that game because he didn't want him to get a hat-trick.

Benitez is a convenient talking point to mask the reality that by the time he got to Liverpool, Keane was finished as a top level Premier League player. If Benitez was the issue then surely Keane would have had a better goal return at Tottenham.

He scored 5 goals in half a season for Liverpool and repeated the feat when he returned to Tottenham. He didn't improve the following season so Tottenham sent him to Celtic, there was a subsequent stint at West Ham where he also failed to deliver before he jetted off to LA.

Jesus I remember well that opener he missed in the CL. High stakes game too. What was he thinking!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We also have option of selling Salah in summer for 200m, that sale like Coutinho's would benefit Klopp's team hugely.
    We all thought selling Coutinho would be a disaster, turned out it was a huge step forward. We missed him for one game, the CL final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

We all thought selling Coutinho would be a disaster.
    No we didn't.

Ye I would see Lallana, Clyne & Henderson leaving next summer along with Sturridge, Moreno & Origi.

I also wouldn’t be surprised to see some of their replacements brought in during the January window.

no chance Henderson will be leaving next summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Henderson was a name I considered but dared not mention! You how some people are about him :D Obviously if Milners portrait remains young in his attic then he should stay and yep Lallana is the more likely he hasn't had any rhythm at all in pre-season. Until he gets rid of that face fur and the haircut then I see no hope for him.

DM - Fabinho, Gini, Milner, (Rabiot),
    CM - Rabiot, (Gini), (Milner), Jones
    AM - Keita, Ox-Cham, Shaqiri, Wilson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Milner is 32 and looks after himself very well.

He is playing as well as I have ever see him play imo and fits into the role perfectly - being a centre mid who can loop round on the overlap as a right winger on occasion offers an additional attacking dimension and suits his qualities very nicely indeed.

His performances at the end of last season and yesterday would arguably place him in a lot of Liverpool fan's strongest XI, and I'm sure everyone would agree he has a vital part to play even if he's rotated around.

His experience and leadership is vital in a young team.

I don't think we should be thinking about moving him on any time soon. I think he could have another 3 seasons here potentially. Superb player. If he wants to stay we should keep him here until he can no longer hack it at this level which might be longer than many think.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

Talisman wrote: »

Jesus I remember well that opener he missed in the CL. High stakes game too. What was he thinking!!

Was that where he tried to flick it in with a back heel from a low cross?

If that's the one I'm thinking off, i knew he was finished with Liverpool then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Liverpool will be in the market for a goalscoring midfielder next summer. They wanted Fekir for that starting role this summer so are probably already on the lookout for an alternative. Partner for VVD another obvious purchase and a striker.

Liverpool selling their star players at their peak ended up being a disaster usually. Coutinho wasn't really missed because the front three were so incredible last year. Selling him 2 years ago would have been completely different and I seriously doubt Liverpool qualify for champions league. Unless you have someone playing better than Salah and scoring more goals selling him would leave a massive gap regardless what money you received.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

jbt123 wrote: »
    Was that where he tried to flick it in with a back heel from a low cross?

If that's the one I'm thinking off, i knew he was finished with Liverpool then.

Aye that's the one..... Camera cut straight to the darkened face of Rafa.... I can laugh about it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

We also have option of selling Salah in summer for 200m, that sale like Coutinho's would benefit Klopp's team hugely.
    We all thought selling Coutinho would be a disaster, turned out it was a huge step forward. We missed him for one game, the CL final.

Salah is so much more key to Liverpool than Coutinho was. With Coutinho you could almost say there were a lot of games he was playing for himself and held back the team imo taking potshots from all angles and being quite wasteful. Looked great the days it came off but not so much when he wasn't getting the rub of the green.

Salah is phenomenal and it's to do with his consistency. To do what he did last season is unprecedented and very few players have ever had that kind of impact in the league. We'll see if it translates to delivering titles but the difference losing Salah would make to Liverpool at this stage would be huge imo. Not to say Mane and Firmino wouldn't continue to do well but Salah is the best around and irreplaceable for them imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,976 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Just on Milner, he is a seriously big influence in the dressing room. He is the guy who gives gee up and does a lot of the talking at halftime I've been told.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

eagle eye wrote: »
    Just on Milner, he is a seriously big influence in the dressing room. He is the guy who gives gee up and does a lot of the talking at halftime I've been told.

Yeah, Klopp said that its himself and Henderson who run things within the dressing room. They set the tone for everyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

eagle eye wrote: »

Is Milner doing the gee for the lads in the dressing room?

Crikey

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Could probably also cash in on Van Dijk during the summer too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Could probably also cash in on Van Dijk during the summer too.

Ah jasus. Ok lets sell salah and van dijk. Such a small club mentality to have.

We will be back down **** creek if we were to sanction such sales next summer. Great to finally have a transfer window where we didnt sell our star players. Long may it continue. We are finally acting like a big club.

If Arsenal are now worth £1.8b I can see FSG selling the club during the next year for £2b and riding off into the sunset.

Selling VVD, Mane, Salah & Firmino before they do a good old assist stripping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

If Arsenal are now worth £1.8b I can see FSG selling the club during the next year for £2b and riding off into the sunset.

Not sure about that, success breeds even more fundage, the more success we have, the more we are worth in the long run....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Those shot straight over a couple of heads. :D

200.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Karius not even gloving up anymore. He knows.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Milner out of contract next summer. I haven't seen anything about him getting a new one either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Milner is the type of player every team needs. Absolutely love him. Despite being in total control of the game, he continued to harry like the terminator when they had the ball. And he was popp8ng up left right and centre when we had it, literally. He is an unbelievabke professional, so responsible positionally, and underrated technically. I dont know what his ambition is within the game after he retires, but inwould love to see him stay and work with up and coming players. We are blessed to have had him at Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Spurs stadium won't be ready by September 15th so game switched to Wembley

Transfer window is closed.

We win 4-0 yesterday & we still have some posters going on about who will leave next year & who will come in. Very odd.

Can I get a list of things that are aloud to be discussed in this thread please.

It's getting very confusing and seems to upset lots of posters.

• Advertisement

Can I get a list of things that are aloud to be discussed in this thread please.

It's getting very confusing and seems to upset lots of posters.

I'm not upset.

Your free to discuss what you want my post never said otherwise.

Average position of Liverpool players to the players of that team we aren't allowed to talk abou and rivals for 2nd place in the league in the first game of the season.

I know it's only one game however it's pretty telling in the way Liverpool will play for the season

A 2 5 1 2 formation. "Kill'em That Way"

LvFLYKe.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/bet365/status/1028651760607477760?s=19

Missed the game yesterday so can't comment on that or potential future transfer business but this is a very impressive stat

I'd be sure Robertson has as many clean sheets.

Strike that he did miss a few games towards the end of last season.

Average position of Liverpool players to the players of that team we aren't allowed to talk about in the first game of the season.

I know it's only one game however it's pretty telling in the way Liverpool will play for the season

A 2 5 1 2 formation. "Kill'em That Way"

LvFLYKe.jpg

Very similar really bar United's a little deeper. You can clearly see they are crying out for a right winger though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Very similar really bar United's a little deeper. You can clearly see they are crying out for a right winger though.

A little deeper?

Come on now, Its poles apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Milner won't be going anywhere.

Ps only first game but I would fear for West Ham. As bad a team that I've ever seen at Anfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

5starpool wrote: »
    Milner out of contract next summer. I haven't seen anything about him getting a new one either.

I'd imagine if Milner starts 25 league games, plus cup games this season he'll happily sign a new contract. Realistically every other team that he might go to in England will be a step down for him.
    There seems to be a great feeling within the squad that their about to do something special. If an offer was put to him it would be silly to turn it down, plus he doesn't seem to be the type of lad looking for a payday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

ebbsy wrote: »
    Milner won't be going anywhere.

Ps only first game but I would fear for West Ham. As bad a team that I've ever seen at Anfield.

I think they will be top 10

We will make a lot of teams look bad

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement