Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭robwen

Knex. wrote: »
    We've had two Gerrard finals. The FA cup in 06 he was at it again.

The Owen FA Cup final and Gary Macca in the Uefa Cup spring to mind too.

What were the 2 Gerrard finals 06 FA Cup and?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

MD1990 wrote: »
    Sevilla were average that season.

Finished 7th in La Liga & didn't win an away game all season. They always have a high turnover of players every season.

I remember the first 10 mins both teams were very nervous & could barely string a pass together.

The mistake for 1-1 killed us we never recovered mentally or physically after that.

Also, that they were given free reign to handle the ball in the box.
    Christ the ref was a ****ing donkey.
    We've had the Karius Final and the Moreno final, I much preferred when he had the Gerrard final! Let's hope our next final will have a positive name put on it!

I'd fancy a Keita final now. He looks like that'd be his shtick.

Mind you, it might be scoring a brace and then kicking someone in the gob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Celtic going out last night means more TV money for the club as the TV money is now split between four British clubs instead of five.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Celtic going out last night means more TV money for the club as the TV money is now split between four British clubs instead of five.

Good,the club can buy all the players handsfree phone kits for their cars.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

That surely has no bearing on English clubs?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

We've had the Karius Final and the Moreno final, I much preferred when he had the Gerrard final! Let's hope our next final will have a positive name put on it!

Once it's a Gerrard final and not a Gerrard title chase

5starpool wrote: »

The tv rights are sold as United Kingdom rights not English league clubs rights then split between UK teams in the CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,329 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

10% from Scotland champions will be put back in the pot i guess, wonder how they will distribute that, a little boost for Liverpool as they will get the lowest percentage. Spend that money to add disco lights to the ground just to troll Celtic lol

Scottish Champions get 10% of the TV money, I wonder what would happen if TNS and Crusaders had of made the group stage how the money would be split

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

robwen wrote: »

I had assumed PU was referring to Istanbul as the first, following on the European theme. I may have been wrong, though!

Either way, he was integral.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,219 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

The tv rights are sold as United Kingdom rights not English league clubs rights then split between UK teams in the CL.

Correct.

The Original TV money pot is split 5 ways - the 4 English teams & Celtic (if they qualify). If the Europa League winners are English, they are not included in this split - eg Man United last season.

It is split as 1st place in the league gets 40%, 2nd gets 30%, 3rd gets 20% and 4th gets 10%.

They do get the prize money on an equal basis & any further TV revenue from further rounds though.

This is a bit of a mind-f**k but is probably as clear as you'll get.

Da9_7vxWsAEdjLx.jpg:large

Mad, Ted.

Also, rumours that de Bruyne got a bad injury in training so could be out for a good while. Tough break for him, but might make the chase to catch City for a few teams a bit more realistic.

Just as well the window is closed and they can't go out and buy a replacement if true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

I hope you're 13 and weren't old enough to remember 05.

I would have called the 05 final more a Carra & Dudek final more than a Gerrard final.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I had assumed PU was referring to Istanbul as the first, following on the European theme. I may have been wrong, though!

Either way, he was integral.

I was talking about the F.A Cup final for the record!

The real stuff is back

Ste- wrote: »
    I hope you're 13 and weren't old enough to remember 05.

A lot older unfortunately, I wouldn`t have classed 05 as a Gerrard final in the same way as the FA cup in 06, or Owen in 01 or McManaman in 95 Coca Cola, would u?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Also, rumours that de Bruyne got a bad injury in training so could be out for a good while. Tough break for him, but might make the chase to catch City for a few teams a bit more realistic.

He's in my FF team with Lovern. Join my team, end up with a serious injury.

• Advertisement

hmm Liverpool V Man City on Oct 7th will that be his come back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I would have called the 05 final more a Carra & Dudek final more than a Gerrard final.

Gerrard was the catalyst with his goal. Always remember him running back to the halfway line trying to get the fans and players going. I thought he was losing the run of himself, myself. It was very much a team effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

He scored the first and won the penalty for the equaliser

I'd say he'd be in with a considerable shout

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Gerrard was the catalyst with his goal. Always remember him running back to the halfway line trying to get the fans and players going. I thought he was losing the run of himself, myself. It was very much a team effort.

The image in this article is the one I rmember, him rallying all the players and fans after scoring that goal but apparently his half time team talk was a good one so I would say it was his final in fairness.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/03/djibril-cisse-believes-istanbul-speech-proves-steven-gerrard-will-great-manager/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Still don't know how Dudek's finger tips sent Shevchecko's shot vertically straight up and over the bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Was coming on to post that KDB looks like he could be a 2 months job

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Just as well the window is closed and they can't go out and buy a replacement if true.

They’d be doing well now to get a replacement for him! Only a couple players of that ilk in the world.

Big injuries to Mendy & Kompany at the start of last season along with Aguero & Jesus at the end of the year & early new year too.

Plenty depth in that squad, they play the last 6 promoted teams to the Premiership in the next 6 games, then Liverpool. Rumours is he’ll be back after that game. Not the worst time for it to happen from that point of view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Not the worst time to happen but if you wanted them to miss any player it would be him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Was coming on to post that KDB looks like he could be a 2 months job

Pep's pills will have him back in no time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

A blow but not the blow everyone will make out, they have incredible strength in depth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,445 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

gstack166 wrote: »
    They’d be doing well now to get a replacement for him! Only a couple players of that ilk in the world.

Big injuries to Mendy & Kompany at the start of last season along with Aguero & Jesus at the end of the year & early new year too.

Plenty depth in that squad, they play the last 6 promoted teams to the Premiership in the next 6 games, then Liverpool. Rumours is he’ll be back after that game. Not the worst time for it to happen from that point of view.

Kompany picking up an injury is as common as Sturridge getting one in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Back in my days of faith, Istanbul was. I lit a candle to Saint Martha at half time.

It was all me, lads. The Knex. final.

gimli2112 wrote: »

I wouldn't disagree with that.

Where I would be coming from is if the FA cup final was the Gerrard final for that amazing goal then the CL final for me is remembered more for the Dudek save and Carra's last ditch tackles with cramp than the three goals.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Kompany picking up an injury is as common as Sturridge getting one in fairness.

Big difference there though is, a fit Komapny is the first name on that team sheet. A fit Sturridge, not so much.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Back in my days of faith, Istanbul was. I lit a candle to Saint Martha at half time.

What did you do at kickoff to make the first half go so badly:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

dfx- wrote: »
    What did you do at kickoff to make the first half go so badly:eek:

Stress ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Can someone fill me in on this Autograph scandal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,577 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Fromvert wrote: »
    Still don't know how Dudek's finger tips sent Shevchecko's shot vertically straight up and over the bar.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I wouldn't disagree with that.

Where I would be coming from is if the FA cup final was the Gerrard final for that amazing goal then the CL final for me is remembered more for the Dudek save and Carra's last ditch tackles with cramp than the three goals.

Gerrard put in a tremendous physical performance in that game too. He was all over the pitch (ended up at right back I think) doing everything. In all honesty, every player in a red jersey on the pitch after half time that night were incredible in their own right. Both teams were out on their feet towards the end of ET

Vicxas wrote: »

A kid asked Salah for an autograph. Mo said **** off and then reversed over his bike.

Was an Everton fan though so all is good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,573 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I'll think you'll find it was an owaynott final.
    I cut my finger making a sandwich at half time and burnt my tongue drinking tea during the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,573 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Vicxas wrote: »

Here's footage of Sarah's car antics.

giphy.gif

I think you'll agree, it's shocking stuff.

Sky saying sources close to De Bruyne understand he'll be out for between 2 to 4 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I want Madrid bad, I want salah v Ramos bad,I want mane and Bobby kick him in the nuts if he's on the ground. I'm petty about it,idgaf.

Love if we crushed them.

I'd prefer to beat Barca myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,219 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Sky saying sources close to De Bruyne understand he'll be out for between 2 to 4 months

I don't wish injury on players but I hope it is 4 months.

2 months is a doddle to them.

Next 6 games are 4 home & 2 away to the last 6 promoted teams.

We have 4 aways in the same period - Palace, Leicester, Cheslea, Spurs.

City could have maximum points before we play each other. And us - well who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I love DeBruyne as a footballer but that's a result for us.

We were pretty lucky fitness-wise last season.
    Perhaps Sturridge was using magic to absorb all the injuries of the squad, and that's why he's permanently injured?
    Then he left and AOC and Salah were ****ed.

We'll need that again but for the whole season this time Danny. We believe in you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Anyone hear the rumours about sane getting dropped from the Germany team in the summer due to doping

FitzShane wrote: »
    I don't wish injury on players but I hope it is 4 months.

2 months is a doddle to them.

Next 6 games are 4 home & 2 away to the last 6 promoted teams.

We have 4 aways in the same period - Palace, Leicester, Cheslea, Spurs.

City could have maximum points before we play each other. And us - well who knows.

I’d argue hoping someone is out for 4 months instead of 2 months is just as bad if not worse than wishing the oringinal injury on them to begin with.

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Anyone hear the rumours about sane getting dropped from the Germany team in the summer due to doping

Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Obviously I don't wish injury upon another human but I can't help but be really happy about this De Bruyne injury.

They have such strength and depth so it probably won't make any difference to their points by the time they play us. Maybe Liverpool can take advantage of no De Bruyne around.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement