Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

:rolleyes:

Hopefully they don't sack him yet. He's poison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Hopefully Jose sticks it out until after we play them.

Unfortunately we tend to play the occasion rather than what’s in front of us in those games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Hopefully Jose sticks it out until after we play them.

Hope so too as I want a Klopp Liverpool side to beat a Mourinho United side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I'd say we will steamroller them tomorrow.

I'm also going to start betting on all of Utds opponents. Odds are always good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

Ah, a rival in crisis, the joy of watching an All Ireland Hurling Final and seeing your local club promoted. All of those things make my usual few Sunday evening pints more enjoyable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Looking ahead at the fixture list I could see November 11th being the date Mourinho goes following the away game at the Etihad- "The Remembrance Sunday Massacre." It could even be after the Chelsea game on October 20th if results are bad inbetween-there are a definitely few potential banana skins coming up.

sabat wrote: »
    Looking ahead at the fixture list I could see November 11th being the date Mourinho goes following the away game at the Etihad- "The Remembrance Sunday Massacre." It could even be after the Chelsea game on October 20th if results are bad inbetween-there are a definitely few potential banana skins coming up.

Easy tiger. It's only one loss. :pac::pac:

That'd be too soon anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Limerick win and Utd lose. Nice Sunday.
    Saw someone comment that Utd's back 4 today cost more than Klopp's entire net spend since he arrived at Anfield. And Jose thinks due to Liverpool's spending that they should win the league. He's a spoofer, but there's enough fools to believe/back him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

There's enough of them to back him alright , laughing at us signing shaqiri while they unload fellani off the bench to save the day against Brighton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

mightyreds wrote: »
    There's enough of them to back him alright , laughing at us signing shaqiri while they unload fellani off the bench to save the day against Brighton

That blokes posts are hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Mourinho's going no where until/unless CL qualification becomes mathematically impossible for Utd.

Not that that's relevant to any discussion on challenging for titles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Mourinho's going no where until/unless CL qualification becomes mathematically impossible for Utd.

Not that that's relevant to any discussion on challenging for titles.

Mourinho is toxic, the players he has either don't want to play for him or are afraid to play for him and no attacking talent (other than those looking for a final pay day a la Ibra or Sanchez) want to join now that they see the park the bus football he demands they play. Lukaku would do so much better if he wasn't relying on Valencia and Young for service and Martial has basically downed tools and will wait out his contract if necessary rather then play for Mourinho.

Imagine being able to turn a £50m talent into a disinterested bench warmer in less than two seasons?

I personally hope Utd stick with Mourinho for as long as possible as they are a direct competitor who have somehow managed to find themselves stuck in limbo. They won't back their manager in the transfer market to sign a new CB as the last two he spunked £60m (or whatever) on have turned to sh1t (Baily and Lindolf) and he won't play either the £50m left sided winger/striker Martial or the great English up and coming attacking talent Rashford as he prefers £500,000 a week Sanchez who has done the square root of fcuk all since singing his pension plan in January so they have hamstrung him and given him the perfect excuse to play even more park the bus football for 70 minutes followed by the master stroke of unloading Fellani for the hail mary finish.

How the mighty have fallen.

Long may it continue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Interesting read here

https://twitter.com/ManuelVeth/status/1031286602830508032?s=19

Thread on Klopp interview with Kicker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,925 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Karius may be on his way out.

A loan move might be best for him and the club.

Loris Karius' Anfield ordeal may be over. Besiktas in talks to sign him, and Jurgen Klopp ready to let ONE of his keepers go. Loan with view to permanent deal. If it comes off, Mignolet will not be allowed to leave. Plus, Villa want Ojo on loan #LFC

https://twitter.com/maddockmirror/status/1031292413887832064?s=21

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Best thing for him really. Go to Turkey and try make a career for himself over there. Hopefully it happens. The guy seems completely broken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I’d much rather be rid of Mignolet, but I’ll trust Klopp to make the right decision. I just think Karius has more to offer at some point and will bounce back (as unlikely as it seems right now), but Mignolet is never going to get any better and that is obvious to everyone.

I’d get rid of both if we had a PL proven, experienced keeper in reserve though, like Heaton or Fabianski.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Quite apt if he goes to Turkey!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Ardent

Mourinho is toxic, the players he has either don't want to play for him or are afraid to play for him and no attacking talent (other than those looking for a final pay day a la Ibra or Sanchez) want to join now that they see the park the bus football he demands they play. Lukaku would do so much better if he wasn't relying on Valencia and Young for service and Martial has basically downed tools and will wait out his contract if necessary rather then play for Mourinho.

Imagine being able to turn a £50m talent into a disinterested bench warmer in less than two seasons?

I personally hope Utd stick with Mourinho for as long as possible as they are a direct competitor who have somehow managed to find themselves stuck in limbo. They won't back their manager in the transfer market to sign a new CB as the last two he spunked £60m (or whatever) on have turned to sh1t (Baily and Lindolf) and he won't play either the £50m left sided winger/striker Martial or the great English up and coming attacking talent Rashford as he prefers £500,000 a week Sanchez who has done the square root of fcuk all since singing his pension plan in January so they have hamstrung him and given him the perfect excuse to play even more park the bus football for 70 minutes followed by the master stroke of unloading Fellani for the hail mary finish.

How the mighty have fallen.

Long may it continue.

Wow, when you put it like that...they really are ****ed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Ardent wrote: »
    Wow, when you put it like that...they really are ****ed!

Its an exaggeration but they miss a presence on roght side of attack,neither a full back or winger of quality.
    I cansee clearly why he wasnt backed when he was going for cb but there was no mention of anything about signing a full back or winger iirc

But thats enough united talk. Nice to have a match to look forward to tonight. Think will klopp play the same team as last week or will clyne get the nod to not leave the centre backs isolated with zaha and will henderson make a start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Think will klopp play the same team as last week or will clyne get the nod to not leave the centre backs isolated with zaha and will henderson make a start?

I think you might be spot on ref both Clyne (to marshal Zaha) and Hendo in for Gini.

Great to have such squad depth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Cavalieri; Kelly, Skrtel, Kyrgiakos, Agger; Aquilani, Lucas, Spearing; Amoo, N’Gog, Jovanović

Just reading an article about Hodgson (painful stuff) this is the team he sent out in his first European Game. Genuinely can't remember 3 of them and there's a few I'd forgotten about.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Cavalieri; Kelly, Skrtel, Kyrgiakos, Agger; Aquilani, Lucas, Spearing; Amoo, N’Gog, Jovanović

Just reading an article about Hodgson (painful stuff) this is the team he sent out in his first European Game. Genuinely can't remember 3 of them and there's a few I'd forgotten about.

I'm assuming 2 of the 3 are Cavilieri and Amoo, but who is the 3rd?

Kyrgiakos. I'm getting him mixed up with another greek defender we nearly bought with a dodgy knee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Kyrgiakos. I'm getting him mixed up with another greek defender we nearly bought with a dodgy knee.

Paspatopalopakettle?

The guy from Schalke?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

5starpool wrote: »
    I'm assuming 2 of the 3 are Cavilieri and Amoo, but who is the 3rd?

It couldn't be Jovanovic surely

How could you mix up that Greek god of defending with someone else!

That was a lineup in pre season in a world cup affected season to offer a little context. Still cat though obviously.

Kyrgiakos' brilliant performances during January 2010 saw him voted as Liverpool's Player of the Month by the club's fans.] Kyrgiakos was sent off for a two-footed dive into Maroune Fellini in the 213th Merseyside derby between Liverpool and Everton

Wiki jogged my memory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I remember them all except amoo. Who the **** is he? Genuinely doesn't ring a bell at all.

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I remember them all except amoo. Who the **** is he? Genuinely doesn't ring a bell at all.

His only Liverpool appearance. Currently playing with Cambridge in League 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

x43r0 wrote:
    It couldn't be Jovanovic surely

Surely the most convincing acting ever on a TV soap. He must have never seen him play to be that assured of what he was saying wasn't complete bollocks

MarkY91 wrote: »

David Amoo was a youth player. At one point we had Ngoo and Amoo as well as N’Gog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I am not buying all this "banana skin" crap tonight.

Four goals at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Kyriakos Papadopoulos. He averages about 15 appearances a season due to recurring knee and shoulder injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

5starpool wrote: »
    David Amoo was a youth player. At one point we had Ngoo and Amoo as well as N’Gog.

Ngoo has a good loan spell at Hearts in 2013, and has since scored 1 goal at 5 clubs in 4 years. Although he is playing in Albania now and has 11 in 19 games for Tirana, the champions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Love a nice comfortable 2 nil win tonight. Zaha will cause us endless problems though and it'll be a tough game the head says.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

rob316 wrote: »
    Love a nice comfortable 2 nil win tonight. Zaha will cause us endless problems though and it'll be a tough game the head says.

Hence we need to double up on him. I'd play Wijnaldum and task him with protecting Trent, I wouldn't bring in Clyne and compromise our attack. Also, if Zaha just switches wings, we have Clyne in to do a job that he can't do now.
    Fabinho wouldn't be up to speed (literally) to cope with Zaha, Wij is quick and good on man to man. Or Milner could probably do it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Kyrgiakos' brilliant performances during January 2010 saw him voted as Liverpool's Player of the Month by the club's fans.] Kyrgiakos was sent off for a two-footed dive into Maroune Fellini in the 213th Merseyside derby between Liverpool and Everton

Wiki jogged my memory

I remember the tackle. Fellaini actually went in higher, only received a yellow but wrecked his ankle ligaments and was out for months,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

ebbsy wrote: »
    I am not buying all this "banana skin" crap tonight.

Four goals at least.

We should have too much for Palace tonight. As for people suggesting caution and removing one of our attacking weapons by replacing TAA with Clyne, I refer them to the CL Semi final away to City when Sane was handled by a professional Trent with support from midfield.

This will be a litmus test for Alisson and our team's "bottle" away from home to PL battlers this season. I expect us to pass the test by a couple of goals - we cannot be drawing these types of fixtures and hope to challenge City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

You are all extremely bullish. We know little or nothing about this latest mix and the options on the bench. I wouldn't be making any strong statements before they have been tested personally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    You are all extremely bullish. We know little or nothing about this latest mix and the options on the bench. I wouldn't be making any strong statements before they have been tested personally.

Agree with this.

Tonight's game is the type of game in recent seasons that we'd struggle and fail to pick up three points.

So I'd take any win tonight as this new team is still gelling.

3 points is all that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

rob316 wrote: »

Anytime I see Zaha (which is mostly only when playing Liverpool tbh) he is unreal. Klopp also commented on how good he was in the last few days and how he would never leave a full back alone against him.

Im surprised that we, or other big teams werent in for him. He is still only 25 and has around 250 top level appearances. He signed a new deal too so wonder is there something else with him that makes the top teams wary?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

murpho999 wrote: »
    Agree with this.

Tonight's game is the type if game in recent seasons that we'd struggle and fail to pick up three points.

So I'd take any win tonight as this new team is still gelling.

3 points is all that matters.

We struggled against them away last year big time and only won it with a scrappy late goal from Mo. Would take that any day of the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

gafferino wrote: »

Im surprised that we, or other big teams werent in for him. He is still only 25 and has around 250 top level appearances. He signed a new deal too so wonder is there something else with him that makes the top teams wary?

He had half a season at United when he was younger & didn't show much
    I think he was only 19 or 20 so not fair to judge him on it (plus it was playing for David Moyes, Football Genius !!) but might be putting some scouts off

gafferino wrote: »
    Anytime I see Zaha (which is mostly only when playing Liverpool tbh) he is unreal. Klopp also commented on how good he was in the last few days and how he would never leave a full back alone against him.

36 goals in over 250 appearances isn't a great return. He had a couple of years at Utd and only played twice. To be fair to him he seems to have improved the last couple of years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,925 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Alisson to let in a couple of howlers and Keita to do a Cantona and kung fu kick some fans and Liverpool to lose 9 - 0.

Season over by 10pm tonight.

or

We muller them 5/6 nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,088 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Last season we played poorly away to Palace alright. If I remember correctly, it was after the international break too. Mane had a shocker, should have been sent off but scored too.

Tongiht - maybe an eeky 2-1 win.
    we might even be treated to a 1-0 away win!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Handy 4-1 win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Nothing extreme about my outlook, we will have 2 new players on the pitch and klopp has had plenty of time to analyse them individually.

In terms of game analysis and team setup they have had over a week to prep for this one game.

It's time to start winning away against battling sides of lesser quality. I expect us to do so tonight, i won't be devastated if we drop points but for me it's a proper test and one I see us passing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Gonna go 2 nil to us.

They are a fairly pragmatic side; good up front but I reckon we will pump them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement