Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

3-0 to us. Don't care if that's considered overly optimistic, I reckon they'll be flying...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

https://uk.yahoo.com/sports/firmino-hints-lengthy-liverpool-stay-090508648.html

I just love Bobby. Of course when Barce come in with a €100M offer and he refuses to play I'll have to deal with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

gimli2112 wrote: »

I just love Bobby. Of course when Barce come in with a €100M offer and he refuses to play I'll have to deal with it.

That's definitely a low ball offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Dont think anyone could afford what Liverpool would demand for one of the front 3, unless they run their contracts down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I'd agree that we shouldn't be over-confident and that tonight is a tough test (particularly having to play at night time, usually a better atmosphere and favours the home team).

But I wouldn't say we're "still gelling". It's basically going to be the team that reached the final, with Alison and Keita introduced as upgrades, and Gomez at the back instead of Lovren.

Keita looks a superb fit and has had a really long pre-season behind him.

We have a lot of continuity going into this season which is probably why there's a lot of confidence. There's no reason the team can't hit the season running from the off, there shouldn't be too much in the way of bedding in for the team as a whole.

Fabinho admittedly has been said to be struggling to get up to speed but we have plenty of alternatives in the meantime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Morzadec wrote: »
    I'd agree that we shouldn't be over-confident and that tonight is a tough test (particularly having to play at night time, usually a better atmosphere and favours the home team).

But I wouldn't say we're "still gelling". It's basically going to be the team that reached the final, with Alison and Keita introduced as upgrades, and Gomez at the back instead of Lovren.

Keita looks a superb fit and has had a really long pre-season behind him.

We have a lot of continuity going into this season which is probably why there's a lot of confidence. There's no reason the team can't hit the season running from the off, there shouldn't be too much in the way of bedding in for the team as a whole.

Fabinho admittedly has been said to be struggling to get up to speed but we have plenty of alternatives in the meantime

3 new players is over a quarter of the team so I think it's fair to say they're still learning each other etc. Although I think Keita has slotted straight in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

https://mobile.twitter.com/besiktastalk/status/1031533066714587137?s=21

Looks like LK1 could be on his way to Besiktas....

Good move for him if true...

Not sure what tier these are...

I actually thought there might be a way back for LK1 even after the CL final but the preseason convinced me otherwise. And the fact we bought a goalie for 56 million pounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,924 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

�� #UEFAawards shortlist is here! ��

��*♂️Men's Player of the Year ��*♂️

@lukamodric10 ��️
    @Cristiano ��️
    @MoSalah ��️

Who will win in Monaco on August 30?

https://twitter.com/UEFA/status/1031519908641812482

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Fieldog wrote: »
    https://mobile.twitter.com/besiktastalk/status/1031533066714587137?s=21

Looks like LK1 could be on his way to Besiktas....

Good move for him if true...

Not sure what tier these are...

Fairwell and good luck LK1 if true

• Advertisement

ricero wrote: »
    Fairwell and good luck LK1 if true

He needs to be away from England to rebuild his career IMO....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Modric might have a good shout after his World Cup performances. I'd love to see him win it.

More on Karius.

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1031549339158683648?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

That'll be interesting - wonder if Modric's run in the WC might help him pip the other two...

If Krius does go can Alisson now swap numbers or is he tied into 13 for the season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Bit harsh on Messi not to be in the final three considering he dragged Barca to La Liga last year.

Salah probably shouldn't be in it, but won't complain much!

If Krius does go can Alisson now swap numbers or is he tied into 13 for the season?

I'd say Alisson can take his number then, isn't his branding normally AB1 with his glove deal with Nike?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Knex. wrote: »
    Bit harsh on Messi not to be in the final three considering he dragged Barca to La Liga last year.

Salah probably shouldn't be in it, but won't complain much!

Huh? Mo dragged his country to the world cup and dragged us to the CL final along with scoring the mostest ever goals in a 38 game season. So he performed on a national, european and international level, and he probably shouldn't be in it? OK!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Fairly certain all of Messi's statts are above Ronnie's too, cept Ronnie got another champs league.. strange

garra wrote: »
    Huh? Mo dragged his country to the world cup and dragged us to the CL final along with scoring the mostest ever goals in a 38 game season. So he performed on a national, european and international level, and he probably shouldn't be in it? OK!

Not discrediting what he did.

I'm saying Messi was probably still better than him. That's hardly an outrageous statement.

As marklasarcovic said above, Ronaldo was always getting in after his CL goal tally and 3 in a row. Modric similar, and he had the WC with Croatia where he was the tournaments best player.

Messi only didn't make the final three because he was compared against a younger Messi, if would guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Anyone have any idea what jersey we will be wearing for tonights away game ?

• Advertisement

Would it be the white candy looking one?

Doubt they would wear the red or purple with palace wearing them colours...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

murpho999 wrote: »
    3 new players is over a quarter of the team so I think it's fair to say they're still learning each other etc. Although I think Keita has slotted straight in.

Yeah as you say Keita has slotted right in and his style is ready made for a Klopp team, Gomez is not exactly a new signing and while it's important to have a good relationship between GK and CBs, it's not like they have to figure out so much each other's movement / style of playing like you would in the outfield areas. You do have to be organised of course, but you don't need that "click" and sixth sense of each other's movement like you do the further up the pitch you go.

So I do think this is a basically a fully gelled team.

If the results don't go well I wouldn't be using this as an excuse is all I'm saying.

Fieldog wrote: »
    Would it be the white candy looking one?

Doubt they would wear the red or purple with palace wearing them colours...

that Purple one has to go. who actually thought it was a good look? still at the rate they recycle them it shouldn't last long.

That's a terrible move for Karius - his stock is really that low because of one bad game? Are we tied into a 2 year loan, or could we sell him in a year if he's done well? Or even keep him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Not discrediting what he did.

I'm saying Messi was probably still better than him. That's hardly an outrageous statement.

As marklasarcovic said above, Ronaldo was always getting in after his CL goal tally and 3 in a row. Modric similar, and he had the WC with Croatia where he was the tournaments best player.

Messi only didn't make the final three because he was compared against a younger Messi, if would guess.

In fairness not outrageous to say Messi was probably better than Mo, but if you take everything into account including the quality of their team mates and the way their teams are set up, you could argue that Mo had a more impactful season for club & country.. Anyway its a bar stool topic and I'm not drunk yet

that Purple one has to go. who actually thought it was a good look? still at the rate they recycle them it shouldn't last long.

It will be worn more as a pure fashion item I reckon, and like you said, only for one year...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Will Klopp Bee May King Chain Jizz 2 Knight . Eye Tink Hour Tea Him Lucked Aw Sum Lass Thyme Owet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Will Klopp Bee May King Chain Jizz 2 Knight . Eye Tink Hour Tea Him Lucked Aw Sum Lass Thyme Owet

I don't think he will. I reckon only maybe Henderson in for Wijnaldum if there is to be one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

Dickerty wrote: »
    That's a terrible move for Karius - his stock is really that low because of one bad game?
    Are you serious? One bad game?
    Honestly, I'm surprised a club as big as Besiktas has gone for him. The Turkish league isn't a place for lads who fold under pressure. The atmosphere at some of their games is frightening. If he has another shocker, in front of a crowd like that he won't come back from it.

• Advertisement

.red. wrote: »
    Are you serious? One bad game?...........

Indeed, folk are quick to forget he was dropped previously by LFC.

Well then Mignolet as the number 2 after everything reported about him saying wouldn't stay as a number 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

This one maybe..

https://twitter.com/XS_11official/status/1031491097057550338?s=19

Jersey looks like a diet coke ad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Match thread up ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Karius needs a move, not sure how he'll get on but hopefully he can rebuild himself and go on from there. Even as a backup I had my doubts over him, his head seems completely gone playing for us and he wont get a minutes peace from fans/media if given a game. Its a shame as he did do quite well for that 6 months before the CL final but he needed to show more if he was going to be the answer long term for us. Hope he does well but I doubt we'll be kicking ourselves for letting him go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Hope that match thread ends better than the last shambles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Contract extension for him first though according to the echo

If the deal is finalised then Karius will sign a one-year contract extension with Liverpool - with an option to extend for a second year if he returns to Anfield for the 2020/21 season. His current deal expires at the end of June 2021.

With no club willing to meet Liverpool's £12million asking price for Mignolet, they have decided to off-load Karius instead.

Klopp believes that Mignolet’s wealth of Premier League experience and his professionalism makes him the better candidate to be Alisson Becker's understudy this season.

What's a match thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Mig must be having a small laugh, I hope he knows the ice he standing on is very thin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I'd imagine Migs will look to leave in January.

Between the top 5, including both CL and league play, Messi had:
    • Most goals with 45 (Ronaldo 2nd with 44)
    • Most assists with 18 (Salah 2nd with 16)
    • Most key passes with 80 (Salah 2nd with 69)
    • Most chances created with 94 (Salah 2nd with 82)
    • Most succesfull take-ons with 192 (Salah 2nd with 101)

Think this highlights again how it's harsh not to have Messi in top 3, but who thought this time last year that Salah would be closing in on Messi numbers?

Some mighty fine company he is in.

LK1 is LKgone.

Lamb Kebabs for LK now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

No more team leaks?Is it safe to assume it was a now ex member of staff?

What's a match thread?

it's where all the crazy goes to happen

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Hope that match thread ends better than the last shambles.

What shambles was that?

No more team leaks?Is it safe to assume it was a now ex member of staff?

Think I read somewhere that it was Danny Ward. Used to tell his driver who would spread the word.

Unchanged team from the West Ham game.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1031601723519979520

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Good stuff. Was worried Klopp might sacrifice forward passing for a bit of huff n puff by sticking Henderson back in.

Is Fabinho still injured/ill?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement