Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

It’s probably going to go unnoticed but I thought that was one of Wijnaldum’s best games for Liverpool. Played that holding role perfectly.

MOTM for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Alisson & Van Dijk the most important players now. Adequate cover everywhere else, but anyone comes in for those two aren’t going to be anywhere near as good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

VVD taking about clean sheet's , he has his personal goals too. It helps that the defence wants to concede ZERO goals this season.

Only team in the league not to concede this season - our year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Palace surprisingly good, 2-0 a more than fair result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,916 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Alisson, VVD, Gini, Keita.

Really nice spine to the team right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

It's not like we have started to play at full tilt yet,will take 8-10 games I think .. good signs though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

If you threw a lotto ticket into the box VVD would win it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

That touch and turn though - Could watch this all day

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/ypzabp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

eigrod wrote: »
    Alisson & Van Dijk the most important players now.
    Alisson’s distribution was excellent, but he came out for a ball in the 2nd half, made it look nothing, but judged it perfect (the other two would have stayed on their line, or half come for it) totally took any pressure away. Small thing, but the type of excellent basics that keep the ball away from Palace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Extremely satisfying win that, I'll be going to bed a very happy man tonight. Van dijk is a colossus I don't think he lost a headed all night, gini looks reborn this season and it's good to see Alisson get a few saves in. Probably firminos poorest game in a long while but that's forgivable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,462 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Klopp sweating buckets in interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

And Fabinho still to bed in, who is an absolute destroyer in midfield once he settles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

The London sweats...

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭elbyrneo

So that's what one of those professional, not quite at your best, but rock solid performances that you need to win the league feels like.

And Alisson reminds me of Alonso with his delivery.

Fun times.

They said '' we'll let you go to cool down, looks like your in a sauna ''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Very decent result that. Can we improve in certain areas. Yeah but 3 points and a clean sheet. Well done lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

elbyrneo wrote: »
    And Alisson reminds me of Alonso with his delivery.

Can't wait to see him score against Luton Newcastle from inside his own half.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

If he said the full backs can improve 70-80% I'd image our front 3 tonight can get 85-95% better. We put them through 3 or 4 times and they made a mess of it.
    Keita dropped off too & was pulling out of tackles which is a big no no for us.
    Happy with the 3 points but it's was not a great performance outside of Alisson and Van Dijk. I liked that Gomez improved after he got booked as Zaha's game was target running at him and fall over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

You missed out Firmino, our first line of defence!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I was very concerned about this game, i knew it would be tough just like last year.
    They are a very good side and a really tough place to go to.
    Thought VVD,Allison Mane and Keita were excellent.
    Salah unlucky a few didnt fall for him right but hes getting sharper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

VVD with 8 interceptions and 16 headers won, 2 of which led to the breakaways for Salah and Mane. Monster of a player.

Hope they show a few of the Alisson's passes of the night, Coutinho was an excellent Brazilian passer but the lad in yellow is sensational

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭spoonerhead

Klopp mentioning the full backs in the interview goes to show their attacking importance to the team. I taught they did well defensively

Hodgson on something. Claims no penalty, and they should have had one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Very Mature win , midfeildnwas by passed last year as it was pur weakness already it look different ,
    Iv said since thw summer Mane to out score Salah who will be double upd on , Mane finally realise how good he is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

haha Roy Hodgson is triggered

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

ricero wrote: »
    haha Roy Hodgson is triggered
    ..again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Can't believe how few have mentioned Gomez. Best game in a pool shirt for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Neville talking about a "delayed fall" in relation this "controversial" penalty.

Does that not just mean that Salah tried to stay on his feet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Hodgson has that Palace side playing better than he had ever had Liverpool playing. Surprised how good they were.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I would give Firmino a rest vs Brighton.

Sturridge could be useful against Brighton or Shaqiri on the right & Salah through the centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Hodgson has that Palace side playing better than he had ever had Liverpool playing. Surprised how good they were.

They don’t play like that week in and week out.

Since that game that didn’t cost us the league Sky have put a lot of emphasis on our games against them. Palace players seem to buy into it and raise their game against us.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭elbyrneo

Can't believe how few have mentioned Gomez. Best game in a pool shirt for me.

100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Not many teams will come out of there with 3 points. Great win for the red men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

https://twitter.com/Linda_Pizzuti/status/1031647981848748032

Hopefully this'll be a very regular thing :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Alissons distribution was spot on this evening. Even the commentary picked up on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

No nerves now with Alisson in goal he just does his job no fuss.

Isn't it a joy to be able to say that. I no longer get the sweats when the ball comes near our keeper!

GARY NEVILLE about to wear a Liverpool shirt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

realrebel wrote: »
    your paying too much 😂

That's for every channel,movies,docs,ppv,all boxsetts,all latest movies,every channel you can think of plus I have it on my phone too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I hate Monday night games, but that's a fantastic win tbh. Early days, but a good start.

• Advertisement

Carra wearing a United one, only way Gary the kid would make good on the bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

murpho999 wrote: »
    Neville talking about a "delayed fall" in relation this "controversial" penalty.

Does that not just mean that Salah tried to stay on his feet?

Sakho fouled him 3 times, even Oliver couldn't let it go in the end.

Hodgsons must not have looked at any replays. Seems to be basing his complaints on the back of home fan reactions to the decisions.

Isn't it a joy to be able to say that. I no longer get the sweats when the ball comes near our keeper!

Hes gonna get caught though he's very lax with the ball at his feet,he seems too cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

GARY NEVILLE about to wear a Liverpool shirt

No thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Hes gonna get caught though he's very lax with the ball at his feet,he seems too cool

Lax? Do you really think that? I would have seen it more as confidence on his part, which is no bad thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Gonna go 2 nil to us.

They are a fairly pragmatic side; good up front but I reckon we will pump them.

Should have put money on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Great win tonight.

I always enjoy Liverpool beating Palace in Selhurst Park because of 2014.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

He 100% will get caught out at some stage but its worth the risk. Having a keeper who adds to your attacking patterns is an insane weapon in modern football. Some of his flat 60 yard passes were unbelievable tonight. He's ludicrously good tbh.

Lax? Do you really think that? I would have seen it more as confidence on his part, which is no bad thing.

No its good he has a cool head,but there was a couple of times I thought he was lucky enough to get away with clearences

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

No errors for Roma last season with the ball at his feet IIRC. The guy epitomises calmness in his all round game. Personally, I like to see him using his feet and it is a real asset to his game and we will only benefit from it during the season. Sit back and enjoy it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement