Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

The best reflection of all is Value. Robertson is a prime example. LVD was a fine purchase and very expensive, but to our team, very good value for how he has transformed our defence, Alisson also but we need a few more months for that to be proved, which I believe it will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    The best reflection of all is Value. Robertson is a prime example. LVD was a fine purchase and very expensive, but to our team, very good value for how he has transformed our defence, Alisson also but we need a few more months for that to be proved, which I believe it will be.

Its like fantasy football,you need to start by finding the bargains,it gives you the extra money so you can afford the expensive players then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    He's better known as The Count.

Worst nickname since ‘Studge’.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Lads I'd be careful with that sort of talk, I got a hefty ban for calling a certain spanish centre-half a count.

Also, what's up saps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

https://twitter.com/fivetimesclub/status/1032327477098676224

Was quite shocked by this. Hopefully we keep it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Lads I'd be careful with that sort of talk, I got a hefty ban for calling a certain spanish centre-half a count.

Also, what's up saps?

I got a yellow for referring to a Chelsea "legend" as fat...

Followed by his first name..

It was Frankly ridiculous... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Fieldog wrote: »
    I got a yellow for referring to a Chelsea "legend" as fat...

Followed by his first name..

It was Frankly ridiculous... ;)

You should be Lamped hard for that carry on! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

dogbert27 wrote: »
    When did the o get added? :)

Always been the two Os in owaynott.
    Turtyturd wrote: »
    Worst nickname since ‘Studge’.

The Rodgers?

Also, what's up saps?

That's a yellow card offence, be careful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Have to say, a few more games like the first two I'd be happy with Lovren going to the bench when he is fit.

And I was sceptical (not that two games is proof) that Gomez is the long term CB option other posters put forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    The Rodgers?

Take that back.

And tone down the giddiness, we seen how that worked out last time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Coutinho is a strange one. At the start of Jan losing him seemed like the end of the world. Now, I don't even think of him in a 'what if' kind of way.
    Keeping Coutinho and making the signings we made would have been the ideal situation.

He is a front three player for me, I think you lose out defensively when he is playing 6; and I actually though our midfield looked better without him in the second half of the season (esp when you only play 3 mids).

It was already mentioned, but having him as an option for the CL final would have been huge after Salah went off. Lallana (esp after so long out) wasn't a good enough replacement.

We didn't lose any big player this summer, we have strengthened instead, and it looks like a great squad now. I though Can would be a loss for the squad, but Keïta makes him an after thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Who's this Studge & The Rodgers were they around during the Roy era?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Who's this Studge & The Rodgers were they around during the Roy era?

Decent band name that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Morzadec wrote: »
    For those games, guile and ability in tight spaces, clinical finishing, potent wide players are all key I feel. Coutinho would offer a lot there.
    Coutinho offered a threat but he didn't always deliver - consistency was an issue for him.

Last season against Burnley, Emre Can offered the bigger threat and Coutinho was hauled off for Oxlade-Chamberlain. He captained the side for the game against West Brom and had the largest share of the team's shots but couldn't find the net. He fared better against the teams such as Swansea that allowed him to play.

I think that once he settles in properly, Keita will be able to deliver in the types of games where Coutinho failed to. There were a few passages of play in the Crystal Palace game where he demonstrated that he has the vision and ability to make a crucial difference and at the same time his work rate is amazing.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Decent band name that

Made it to number 2 in the charts, before the lead singer left them and was replaced by a dud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://twitter.com/1878_stamp/status/1031678363772116993?s=19

Have a read of this :pac: spotted it on Reddit, loads of people falling for it!!

I love the idea that Mane doesn't want to be upstaged by Salah this season and he might just have his own Salah season this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

TitianGerm wrote: »

Have a read of this :pac: spotted it on Reddit.

Followed.

Have a read of this :pac: spotted it on Reddit, loads of people falling for it!!

:pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Added a screenshot of the best bit :pac:

http://imgur.com/a/WJ4RRqY

Average positions for both our games.

Edit: Embedding the image won't seem to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Take that back.

And tone down the giddiness, we seen how that worked out last time.

Way too early for the blanket banning. Save that for march.

Really can't argue with any of that. Should really have a PPG of 4 by now. To be honest we need that to stay ahead of city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

http://imgur.com/a/WJ4RRqY

Average positions for both our games.

Edit: Embedding the image won't seem to work.

0SHkHvW.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Anyone thing we might see Studge start at the weekend? Firmino looking a bit off the pace so far, no harm in giving him the week off and Danny boy's goals per minute stats are off the charts this season. I'd also give Shaqiri a run out too maybe, home to Brighton we can take liberties and play him with Salah , Mane and Studge, kill em that way imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

If 6 was 9....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Talisman wrote: »
    Coutinho offered a threat but he didn't always deliver - consistency was an issue for him.

Last season against Burnley, Emre Can offered the bigger threat and Coutinho was hauled off for Oxlade-Chamberlain. He captained the side for the game against West Brom and had the largest share of the team's shots but couldn't find the net. He fared better against the teams such as Swansea that allowed him to play.

I think that once he settles in properly, Keita will be able to deliver in the types of games where Coutinho failed to. There were a few passages of play in the Crystal Palace game where he demonstrated that he has the vision and ability to make a crucial difference and at the same time his work rate is amazing.
    Does any palyer other than messi and ronaldo always deliver....what did firmino/salah/mane do against palace?

Mane scored the second goal.

Mane scored the second goal.

Game was over at that point. Palce had everyone up

Salah won the pen and assisted the second.

Salah won the pen and assisted the second.

"Won" the pen or was fouled? What if sakho didnt stick out the leg?

• Advertisement

He did stick out the leg and fouled Salah and therefore he won the penalty.

What if Gerrard didn't slip.

What if Man U sacked Alex before Robbins scored that goal.

He'd have scored pissibly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Interesting to note Alisson played in a slightly more advanced role in the Palace game, I'd possibly start him just outside the box against Brighton as we should be dominating possession and playing the game in their half.

Matt Law reports this evening that Liverpool will loan Origi to BVB this season however they have to make it permanent next summer.

He has two years left on his contract is now being reported I thought this was his final season.

So basically what we have done with Ings and Southampton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Its like watching the birth of Ken M. Glorious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That’s the same guy who made those excellent Salah jokes when he got done by Rob Wylie.

Either he’s extremely witty or steals all his jokes from reddit, but this is a cracker in fairness:

https://twitter.com/1878_stamp/status/1032353969065091072?s=21

Took me a minute. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

martyos121 wrote: »
    That’s the same guy who made those excellent Salah jokes when he got done by Rob Wylie.

Either he’s extremely witty or steals all his jokes from reddit, but this is a cracker in fairness:

https://twitter.com/1878_stamp/status/1032353969065091072?s=21

Took me a minute. :D

Don’t get it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

xabi wrote: »
    Don’t get it

Seek out a pair of Ronalds.

Does any palyer other than messi and ronaldo always deliver....what did firmino/salah/mane do against palace?
    Mane scored.
    Salah assisted for the pen, assisted Mane, and was fouled for the red card (which seriously hurt Palaces chances of getting back level).
    What else did they need to do in an away game?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

xabi wrote: »
    Don’t get it

Classic two Ronnies sketch.

You've probably never heard of the two Ronnies though.

Mike65 must be turning in his grave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

5starpool wrote: »
    Classic two Ronnies sketch.

You've probably never heard of the two Ronnies though.

Mike65 must be turning in his grave.
    Call me stupid, but I am aware of the work of Messers Crobett and Barker, but still fail to understand the funny.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Call me stupid, but I am aware of the work of Messers Crobett and Barker, but still fail to understand the funny.

<edit - snip>
    Had written the punchline, but actually may as well just take a gander yourself, wouldn't want to steal a classic comedy moment from ya!

If you know the joke, it’s funny.
    Watch the vid, then notice the 4 candles on Steve’s table.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    <edit - snip>
    Had written the punchline, but actually may as well just take a gander yourself, wouldn't want to steal a classic comedy moment from ya!

And in this picture, Gerrard has 4 candles on the table, and the Alex mentioned is his wife. Over explained now, but all ambiguity is gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Well perhaps Mo would have shot or passed the ball? Sakho went fishing and hooked the desert fox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

martyos121 wrote: »
    We are a far better team with the money used from his sale, I don’t know how you can say with any degree of certainty that I’m wrong like you have done, when you just look at the impact VVD alone made. Add in Keita, Alisson and Fabinho (in time) and we’ve benefitted massively from that transfer.

What he brought to the team, we don’t miss too greatly. I’m happy to sacrifice his ability to score from long range for the midfield we currently have, three players who can win the ball back and at least one who can create a lot of chances like Keita or Milner.

And you say that he added a dimension where teams couldn’t just sit deep and let us have the ball, yet they still did and a lot of them were successful in doing so? I miss his free kicks, absolutely, but it’s a myth that we can’t break down extremely defensive teams without him.

I know it can be perceived as controversial to say we’re a better team having sold one of the most talented players in the world, but we are, because we used the money to address glaring weaknesses and we’ve turned them into strengths. Would you take Phil back and lose VVD, honestly?

If the argument is count or Vvd ,Keita and Allison then I think it’s certainly the latter , but your argument was he was not a good fit for Klopps team , which is just plain wrong , money no object I take him back in the morning

garra wrote: »
    Well perhaps Mo would have shot or passed the ball? Sakho went fishing and hooked the desert fox

Are you comparing Mo Salah to a Nazi General?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Not sure I'd be up for Sturridge or Shaq coming in just yet for Brighton.

noodler wrote: »
    Not sure I'd be up for Sturridge or Shaq coming in just yet for Brighton.

No starting anyway. Last 20 mins perhaps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Messi and Ronaldo don't always deliver but have proved to be far more consistent than Coutinho. Liverpool's front three have proved to be more consistent in his absence.

I'm not exactly sure what keen insight you gained from the Palace game - the reference is lost on me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement