Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

It will be a very sad day for the club if FSG sell up.

They are the right people to own and run the club.

Can anyone imagine Hicks and Gilette still being in charge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

elbyrneo wrote: »
    Yeah course. Utd fans going on about how our spending is on a par with Utd over last 10 years despite a fortune being spent just to get us back to similar levels when we lost Torres, Suarez, Sterling, Coutinho. In this (albeit ridiculously stoooopid) example of buying a player for 1.7bill pounds, that club would be the highest in the transfer table if you don't take outgoings into account and offset.

Ah ok, I took you up wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Perhaps the "they are only here to make a profit" people will relax now. Turning down 2 billion is hardly a way to make a profit. Doubt the club would sell for more than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Ive only seen the odd clip so far but will watch it all when Ive time. Agree with you on Pep, he has built a great mentality in that team. Even after the 4-3 defeat he is telling them that they are still going to win the Premier League. He has a lot of respect for Klopp too and seems to fear Klopps teams more than anyone in the PL.

I watched it all and it's interesting to note that he really works hard getting the team focused on how to deal with teams outside the top six almost as though the biggest challenge is complacency whereas against the other 5 from the top 6 he takes a much more surgical approach and doesn't have to geeeee them up as much e.g. in preparation for liverpool he boiled the entire threat down to watching for two things:-

1. When fun bobby drops deep if the CB follows him it opens space for either Mane or Salah to race into and clear on goal so his message to the CB's was to not get dragged out.

2. He warned his full backs not to get sucked into covering TAA and Robbo as they drop back towards their own goal as that will leave both flanks wide open for Mane and Salah to get in behind, receive the ball and cut in on goal.

The two big remaining targets for the timeframe of his "project" (his contract runs to 2021 I think) are to win back to back PL's and the CL with the CL being the most coveted by the owners.

It is a fascinating insight and well worth a watch although it's a bit too polished (not warts and all) and a little to sterile, although the cameras are very intrusive it feels somewhat at arms length and is very much the Pep Guardiola show!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Klopp considering some changes according to his press conference. Maybe some game time for Shaqiri and Fabinho?

.......... Maybe some game time for Shaqiri and Fabinho?

I reckon Henderson might start. He did very well when he came on last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Gini will be hard done by if he is dropped from the DM role although this might the game to ease Fabinho into the role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Augeo wrote: »
    I reckon Henderson might start. He did very well when he came on last week.

Reckon either Wij or milly will be replaced by Henderson in starting line up, Firmino is not in great form but cannot see him not starting

garra wrote: »
    ...........Firmino is not in great form but cannot see him not starting

I reckon he'll start and quite likely score. He hasn't done much wrong just isn't firing on all cylinders. Mane is the only one of the three near his best as yet this season IMO.

I'd say now they just might except a token fee for him and wish him the best of luck.
    #LFC still expect Lazar Markovic to leave the club in the next week. Out of contract next summer.

https://twitter.com/jamespearceecho/status/1032934558642171904?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I think Gini playing as a DM (even when Henderson is on the pitch) may be a sign that Henderson won't really be playing there this season. The deepest role will be filled by Gini/Fabinho all season with Henderson/Milner playing slightly further forward imo.

I wonder would Klopp consider starting Origi and putting him in the loan/shop window using this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I wonder would Klopp consider starting Origi and putting him in the loan/shop window using this game.

Zero chance, it would be a stupid move by Klopp, he is far from stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I'd only allow it if he had a price tag instead of his jersey number with RRP: £27mill slashed on it just to emphasise that he's a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

lol

no chance.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/klopp-cant-wait-transfer-window-11783594

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Last seasons 4-3 defeat of Man City from inside the City dressing room. 8 mins long but a good watch, that Firmino goal is one of my favourites
    https://streamable.com/c34fp

One of my favorite goals of the season. Always seems to be overlooked because we scored 4 crackers that day.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    One of my favorite goals of the season. Always seems to be overlooked because we scored 4 crackers that day.

Chocked a bit watching Ox score that goal - hope Hollywood is treating him well and he gets back in good shape.

The one thing I took from watching that All or Nothing was Aguero has such a lonely life.

No real friends in England at all and his family are all back in Argentina.

• Advertisement

The one thing I took from watching that All or Nothing was Aguero has such a lonely life.

No real friends in England at all and his family are all back in Argentina.
    Is it worth watching?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Turtyturd wrote: »

Yeah that goal showed his desire and hunger. It was superb the way Bobby just bullied John Stones off the ball with a shoulder charge and then chipped it over the keeper into the net. In a pressure cooker he was calm as fcuk, it was a thing of beauty

Fair play to Stones, if he goes down he gets a free.

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    Is it worth watching?

I enjoyed it for what it was.

It very pro City of course.

Yeah that goal showed his desire and hunger. It was superb the way Bobby just bullied John Stones off the ball with a shoulder charge and then chipped it over the keeper into the net. In a pressure cooker he was calm as fcuk, it was a thing of beauty

Same in the CL when he scored the second goal at City when he won it out wide closing down the City player pure desire and hunger and you can't teach that.

Made a post about it at the time but I just love how similar these goals are

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

• Advertisement

What's good is that the ball is 80 percent towards the net and it still looked like it was going wide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

I would start the same team against Brighton. Maybe bring in Hendo for Millie just to give Milner a break. I know he is our fittest player but I genuinely think he is one of our most important players for mentality reasons this year. His experience will help us see out games later in the season. So if Milner plays every game its only a matter of time before age does catch up. I would give him a break every few games and now is a perfect time. Bring in Henderson for him. Keep the rest of the team as is. Fab Sturridge and Shaq to come off the bench

Not sure Milner needs a break after 2 games!

For me he's a definate starter.

Maybe give Clyne a run out and see if his final ball is any better than TAA’s.

The midfield 3 is fine as it is for now.

Roma fan jailed over violence ahead of Liverpool game
    An Italian football fan has been jailed for two-and-a-half years after an outbreak of violence ahead of the Champions League semi-final which left an Irish Liverpool fan seriously injured.

Roma supporter Daniele Sciusco, 29, from Rome, admitted violent disorder ahead of the Anfield match on April 24.

On Friday, Preston Crown Court heard Irish Liverpool fan Sean Cox, 53, was still in a serious condition after suffering a head injury in the violence - although Sciusco was not directly involved in causing his injuries.

Sentencing, Recorder of Preston Judge Mark Brown said: "The Champions League semi-final was a major international football event that was being televised across Europe, and your actions and the actions of the Italian group tarnished significantly what was intended to be a sporting and enjoyable occasion.

"It's important to stress you are not being sentenced for the dreadful attack on Mr Cox, but it did occur during violent disorder of which you were a part, and the impact on him has been catastrophic."

The court was told Sciusco was part of a group of Roma "ultras" who had flown from Italy for the match.

Video footage showed the group of about 25 fans, all dressed in dark clothing, going on to Walton Breck Road, outside the stadium just before kick-off.

Keith Sutton, prosecuting, said Sciusco had a belt in his hand as the group confronted Liverpool fans.

Mr Cox, from Dunboyne, Co Meath, was seen lying in the road after being attacked, as fighting continued around him.

Mr Sutton told the court Mr Cox's brother Martin had described hearing shouting and chanting outside the stadium.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2018/0824/987308-roma-fan-jailed-over-violence-ahead-of-liverpool-game/

• Advertisement

Looks like a deal has been reached.
    BREAKING: Besiktas change their Twitter header image to a picture of Loris #Karius #LFC

https://twitter.com/bbcmerseysport/status/1033002374401613830

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I think pretty much whatever team we're likely to put out will be fine for Brighton.

We need to make sure everyone important is up to speed though, because we've Spurs, Chelsea and then City not too long afterwards.

With that in mind I'd be looking to get Hendo in from the start, and be trying to get good minutes into the legs of Shaqiri, Sturridge and Fabinho in the next couple of games.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Not sure Milner needs a break after 2 games!

For me he's a definate starter.

Salah and Firmino are the two that look not as up to speed as the rest, and they are unlikely to be rested. No one really deserves to be rested, but any of Lallana, Sturridge, Clyne, Henderson, Fabinho or Shaqiri could start. Klopp might go mad and give Moreno a start either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

It's 2 games in no one needs a rest if anything they need more game time to get match sharpness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

5starpool wrote: »
    Salah and Firmino are the two that look not as up to speed as the rest, and they are unlikely to be rested. No one really deserves to be rested, but any of Lallana, Sturridge, Clyne, Henderson, Fabinho or Shaqiri could start. Klopp might go mad and give Moreno a start either.
    Not likely to happen until Keita is bedded in - he'd give himself a heart attack covering for Moreno while trying to build a rapport with the front three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

robwen wrote: »
    The All or nothing City documentary is very good, found it free online after a lot of searching, I'm 4 episodes in it gives great insights into Pep & the excellent team spirit he's built there, be helluva achievement bettering them over a season

Enjoyable enough alright... though would've preferred if there was a bit more honesty in it. it felt like they were very careful to show absolutely nothing negative about the club. I'd say there were a team of City execs sitting in the editing suite throughout saying "nope, cut that bit". For what it was, it could probably have been half as long really. Still watched it all in about 5 days though!

But christ, Pep is nuts! Like, properly insane! Clearly a genius as well though.

Few funny things from it - when showing city matches, you pretty much exclusively see beautiful goals, or city players getting smashed! You'd swear they were playing in the 80's the way they over-emphasise the tackles!
    Also the way Al Mubarak was clearly loving the whole thing, getting plenty of camera time in.. lots of "talking head" moments, and sidling up to players after matches to get a bit of "down with the troops" footage, while from the players body language you could totally tell that this wasn't normal.

Players seem a likable bunch for the most part, but you never really feel like you get to know them. Everything is almost too clean, too well lit, too sterile.

And you can feel that Pep didn't want to give anything away about his training... would have loved some training ground footage, but instead all you really get is Ben Kingsley saying "One of the secrets to Pep's success is his use of rondo's", and they just show a standard circle, 2 in the middle... the same thing every team from schoolboy up does every week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Watching the U23s away to Man City

A frustrating half, Liverpool should be 3-0 up on chances. Liam Miller on his debut has been lively, Curtis Jones excellent, likewise the defence the only disappointment has been Bobby Adekanye who has talented feet but no brains. Rebecca Welch is the ref, she completely missed a strong peno claim.

Spurs game last week kinda similar - not converting chances or dominance into goals, but plenty of promise - be interesting to see when Curtis can get some bench time at least with the big lads...

We're two games in and we've won both of them, I wouldn't be making any changes for Brighton bar bringing some subs on a bit earlier if the scoreline allows it.

Millar scored from Camacho, AdeKanya should have made it two, as I say porridge for brains.

• Advertisement

Really it should be 5-0 by now. City will score two, you watch.

That was coming....

Nice work from Camacho for the goal

ThunderousQualifiedEarwig-size_restricted.gif

I'm going to have a ****ing heart attack with Adekanya

Bring on the Paddies!!

FT 1-1 Terrible result given the nature of the game, you can tell Wilson is not in the sqaud and Brewster is injured. Put those two in for Millar and Adekanya and it would have been a very different story.

Miller looked good, Curtis too, Rafa nicely set up the goal but should have covered the cross in for their's. Adekanye would be dangerous if he was aware of what was going on around him - very similar to last week, dominated, should have won and end up with 1-1...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

It's better than being Liverpool which was utter ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Maybe give Clyne a run out and see if his final ball is any better than TAA’s.

The midfield 3 is fine as it is for now.

Why bother. We know it isn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

When was the last time we won our first 3 games in a row? We usually drop points. It would be a great warning to the rest of the league if were top or joined top when the league is starting to take shape. IMO that's around 6 games in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement