Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Damn strange transfer target, when you consider all the potential buys out there, it's the Nigerian Solanke Liverpool go for.

edit I see he's really a winger. I suppose we'll have to trust the scouts who to be fair appear to have been to Specsavers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A Brazilian sports paper is reporting that we have been in talks since December with Roma for Alisson.

Roma wanted a €100m for him however both sides are closer to a €50m valuation as the negotiation go on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

A Brazilian sports paper is reporting that we have been in talks since December with Roma for Alisson.

Roma wanted a €100m for him however both sides are closer to a €50m valuation as the negotiation go on.

That's some climb down by Roma if true.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    That's some climb down by Roma if true.

FSG really have learned the art of football negotiation since they first arrived as owners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

How the hell do you get them down from €100m to €50m. I could have done with our negotiators when buying my house :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

murpho999 wrote: »
    I'm with you.

Beardsley's disallowed goal in the 1988 FA Cup final as the ref didn't play advantage. It cost us a double.

I am so glad that I'm not the only one who still hasn't gotten over this. Fucking Brian Hill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

TitianGerm wrote: »
    How the hell do you get them down from €100m to €50m. I could have done with our negotiators when buying my house :pac:

Put seven past him in the semi final?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

You don't.

It's all fabrication.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

ShamoBuc wrote: »

Might suit Rangers.

Just the place for a guy sensitive to prejudice. Think Kolo is a coach at Celtc in any case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Thats why a ref should be micced up so everyone can hear what is being said to him. What if karius said i took a blow to the head and the ref said you are back on your feet so must be fine. Dont think it will ever be known what wad said between them both. But it does highlight he could have said something and was ignored.

looking at the footage imo the ref gives him the old 'yeah right, I'm not falling for that one' hand movement...

• Advertisement

FSG really have learned the art of football negotiation since they first arrived as owners.

Paying €35 million for Andy Carroll will do that to you. Some would say it was a harsh lesson.

You don't.

It's all fabrication.

All of it? You know that for sure? I'd say maybe one of the quoted prices might be close to something.
    Personally I have my doubts but I wouldn't be so absolute in my opinions.
    They only thing you can really know, is that you don't know everything. That and Any job Pardew takes will end in disgrace.

All of it? You know that for sure? I'd say maybe one of the quoted prices might be close to something.
    Personally I have my doubts but I wouldn't be so absolute in my opinions.
    They only thing you can really know, is that you don't know everything. That and Any job Pardew takes will end in disgrace.

Some Brazilian rag has the inside scoop on the details of our transfer negotiations with Roma, I find that very unlikely. Last week Madrid were going to sign Alisson don't forget. It's all click bait jive talk being peddled by suckers imo!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

More people wanted to buy your house than top clubs (who Alisson would actually agree to move to which is very important) want to buy Allison. Roma can ask for what they want but unless there's at least two top clubs after his signature the price will eventually veer towards what the buyer is prepared to pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Paying €35 million for Andy Carroll will do that to you. Some would say it was a harsh lesson.

It was harsh but think they needed it , they have learned big time since that deal.

As owners they are really and truly becoming the owners LFC need. They are smashing records on money being spent which will help klopp and the management team bring in a high calibre of player.

Some Brazilian rag has the inside scoop on the details of our transfer negotiations with Roma, I find that very unlikely. Last week Madrid were going to sign Alisson don't forget. It's all click bait jive talk being peddled by suckers imo!.

See that's better. Very unlikely is much better than its all fabrication but then you ruined it all by implying coulson is a sucker.
    He may be a sucker as Booker T wouldn say but we can't be calling each other such names.

It was harsh but think they needed it , they have learned big time since that deal.

As owners they are really and truly becoming the owners LFC need. They are smashing records on money being spent which will help klopp and the management team bring in a high calibre of player.

Yes, it's a good sign they can learn from their mistakes. I'm very happy with their stewardship but it's Never Enough.

I love that song by the cure!

See that's better. Very unlikely is much better than its all fabrication but then you ruined it all by implying coulson is a sucker.
    He may be a sucker as Booker T wouldn say but we can't be calling each other such names.

I think we could definitely be looking to sign Alisson as there has been numerous and protracted links to him, I just hate all this talk in papers about teams are preparing a bid, negotiations are stalling, they want x amount etc etc...it's just rubbish imo. Fabinho signing was how it should be, no links then whammy!

Btw I didn't call anyone in particular a sucker, I was generalizing.

Yes, it's a good sign they can learn from their mistakes. I'm very happy with their stewardship but it's Never Enough.

I love that song by the cure!

Well that is it you cant ask for more other then the riches of city which would be nice but i think they have struck a nice balance of making LFC a money making machine but kept the heart intact.

• Advertisement

Was just reading about that 54 WC yesterday. Hungary beat Germany 8-3 (albeit a reserve side) in an earlier round, went 2-0 up and cruising in the final. Germany won 3-2 in shady circumstances and there were significant drug allegations. I think they found syringes in the dressing room and 1/2 the team came down with jaundice later.
    Think with all the money in football and problems in other sports you'd be na to thinking doping hasn't gone on. Just how widespread it's been you couldn't say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Mohammed and Moses. Class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

rob316 wrote: »

Add God on the coaching team and we are sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

We should be in for Jesus now too

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

That Moses lad, his middle name is Daddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

xabi wrote: »

Get fowler back and sign pope for goal

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Get fowler back and sign pope for goal

Should we look to play our matches at Gillingham's stadium, Priestfield?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

xabi wrote: »

Gabriel or Christ?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

May i present the new goal keeper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭adaminho

Alisson's middle name is Ramses.

With that team we can finally have a holier than thou attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Don't forget Christian Pulisic.

We can get an ecumenical 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Tammy ABRAHAM as well, Juan Jesus from Roma, and zlatan MUSLIMovic

Looks like Lovren is in serious trouble and he will be tried for perjury.
    Croatian court finds that Dejan Lovren illegally took 50% of the transfer fee made from his move from Dinamo Zagreb to Lyon in 2010, according to @AlexHoliga. Both Lovren & Luka Modric expected to be tried for perjury.

https://twitter.com/gffn/status/1004317022484910080?s=21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Definitely back on the centre half hunt again, so.

I saw this article in the Grauniad about one of Lovren's international teammates that sheds a little further light on the case - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/05/andrej-kramaric-croatia-hero-principles-dinamo-zagreb-zdravko-mamic-world-cup

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Wow, I was willing to let him stay but no with that hanging over his head his brain will be like porridge all the time rather than some of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,599 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Wow, I was willing to let him stay but no with that hanging over his head his brain will be like porridge all the time rather than some of the time.

Herrera had a court case looming over him last season for us and his form went to shït, once it was finished with it was like he was a different player.

No way Lovern would be able to concentrate with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Off topic question, but does anyone know where I can buy last season's home jersey? Men's large.
    It's a present so it needs to be that jersey, not the new one. Cheers!

On the face of it perjury sounds quite serious but then again so does not paying tax to the Spanish authorities. It depends on the circumstances and I see they were "confused" by investigators. I'm sure they'll have a good defence team (at least a good legal one).
    I think without a doubt having this hanging over him will affect his performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Before anyone has a go at Lovren (or Modric) for embezzling a load of cash, it's worth baring in mind the sort of situation at play at Dinamo Zagreb and Croatian football in general.

Apparently the money was taken by the players and given to Zlatko Mamic - renowned gangster of Croatian football and all round atrocity of a person. He was found guilty of fraud regarding these transfers in absentia, after legging it to Bosnia.

Given the way Lovren was apparently drugged and had his house broken into last year, I wouldn't at all be surprised to find that the likes of Mamic have been getting rich off these players either under threat of violence or destroying their careers.
    Davor Suker is president of the Croatian FA and palsy with Mamic, so there'd be ramifications for their international career as well.

Or they might just be guilty as sin and working hand in glove with Mamic and other ne'er-do-wells, but the whole situation sounds like a mess, possibly not of their own making.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Dissapointed to hear Suker may be implicated. Was a really good player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,962 ✭✭✭✭banie01

With that team we can finally have a holier than thou attitude.

I have laughed like a loon at this post! If I could thank by x100 I would!:pac::D

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I think without a doubt having this hanging over him will affect his performance.

It's quite likely been hanging over him for ages, it going public won't be the first he's heard of it :)

gimli2112 wrote: »
    On the face of it perjury sounds quite serious but then again so does not paying tax to the Spanish authorities. It depends on the circumstances and I see they were "confused" by investigators. I'm sure they'll have a good defence team (at least a good legal one).

This has been ongoing for over a year now.

There was threats to his family and the gassing of his apartment over there while he was in it with his kids.

I'm exceptionally slow today, more so than usual

Lovren's speels to the media can be almost as bad as his on pitch lows at times, hopefully he has to keep his thoughts to himself until after the legal proceedings are complete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Here we go :

https://en.as.com/en/2018/06/06/football/1528282274_446333.html

Salah offered to Barca, ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Fieldog wrote: »

€300M and Liverpool might listen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Fieldog wrote: »

A fella who told me about firmino signing told me bale was offerred to liverpool,he was drunk at the time so it must be true

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement