Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Bit narrow in the middle Harry ;)

Spent 3 minutes tapping out the spacer lines for the midfield and they disappeared. Stupid phone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Spent 3 minutes tapping out the spacer lines for the midfield and they disappeared. Stupid phone!

Boards is terrible on mobile!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Anyone brave enough to predict us finishing above Everton based on our business so far? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

rob316 wrote: »
    Oh my what a first XI that would be.

Some strong options from the bench too. I'm hoping we actually bring origi back too, never understand why he went on loan.

Great idea , i thought he was doing very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Now Michael Edwards get that deal through tomorrow in Lyon and then fly to Rome and get the Alisson deal done before the World Cup starts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,962 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Bring on the leans!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Now Michael Edwards get that deal through tomorrow in Lyon and then fly to Rome and get the Alisson deal done before the World Cup starts.

What's the story on doing medicals in other countries - have we ever done it before? Presumably the French FA would say va te faire foutre to Fekir flying to Melwood...

Stargate wrote: »
    Great idea , i thought he was doing very well.

He was (in patches) but it’s obvious (in theory) why he was sent out on loan. A season of regular football would’ve been more beneficial to him than playing the minutes Solanke did. I dunno if it worked out in practice though because the reports of his time there haven’t been great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Liverpool to seal Nabir Fekir deal on Friday. Initial £48.4million plus a further £4.4million in bonuses.

Paul Joyce

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,051 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Liverpool to seal Nabir Fekir deal on Friday. Initial £48.4million plus a further £4.4million in bonuses.

Paul Joyce

Incredible price if true.

Reminds me of last year, getting Salah done early with a great price, before players are flying around for 70+ million later in the window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    What's the story on doing medicals in other countries - have we ever done it before? Presumably the French FA would say va te faire foutre to Fekir flying to Melwood...

Our medical team would do it there with him at the French training camp I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Get the feckin' keeper now too. A few elder statesmen for other positions as backup would be nice too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

All in for the Paul Joyce twitter notification party!

Sappy404 wrote: »

Paul Joyce

Ah jaysus, get in!
    Don't want to jinx it, but that's pretty specific detail and from Mr. Joyce too, so fingers crossed - great bit of business if true...

• Advertisement

A brand new and much improved midfield 3 next season.

Get in !

Sofa Spud wrote: »

Je me pel croissant :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Fekir is a great signing.

Perfect Coutinho replacement as he can cover the front 3 also.

A brand new and much improved midfield 3 next season.

Get in !

options-options-everywhere.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Judging by those comments on L'Equipe we are getting one hell of a player.

• Advertisement

Je me pel croissant :confused:

In fairness, I googled it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

BBC are reporting on Fekir so there must be something in it.
    Don't know much about the lad except that he has a very good reputation.

£60m of the Coutinho money still to go.

Fab, Fek & ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Fab, Fek & ?

Drink 😁😁

Club means business, and getting things done early. Impressive.

34689293_1930283473659845_6544974536364785664_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=AeGX6xMYvKZLq4EMSXwE954UE011fzqyyiCeZwUzTa64ubaaPsyKqDd0Bp7lDdmnOPhSmgfNTWmS9Wl4Rd_n-VEo2SgKSoSCbQ8WBbAY1dcfQQ&oh=e04395b74da7b25d34c0b174d56acb29&oe=5B7CA92E

I remember when Michael Edwards was getting no end of stick only about two years ago. He makes Monchi look like a slouch these days ;)

I remember when Michael Edwards was getting no end of stick only about two years ago. He makes Monchi look like a slouch these days ;)

He's very highly rated. Why was he getting stick?

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Club means business, and getting things done early. Impressive.

Yeah - and gettin' a bit carried away now, but anyone we're after who might be dithering, wondering if we're a serious outfit, doing business like this, this early, has got to help. Need Agent Bobby to continue working on Allisson or else get Klopp to take a quick break to Slovenia....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I remember when Michael Edwards was getting no end of stick only about two years ago. He makes Monchi look like a slouch these days

Probably cause we were selling players & not buying replacements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Fab, Fek & ?

Fuk?

What was keita fee? 60m,fab 40odd and 44 for fekir,
    Fsg out

He's very highly rated. Why was he getting stick?

It was things like 29 million for Firmino and probably the kind of money paid for various Soton players.

Man Klopp has some great tools to work with next season!

It was things like 29 million for Firmino and probably the kind of money paid for various Soton players.

What a signing that was!! :eek:

Man Klopp has some great tools to work with next season!

Some good players too

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,599 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Does getting these players in that will definitely improve the first 11, raise expectations for ye? Do ye have a min expectation yet for next season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Building a serious team now. Great news if this deal actually happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

astradave wrote: »
    Does getting these players in that will definitely improve the first 11, raise expectations for ye? Do ye have a min expectation yet for next season?

Win a trophy. Whatever that may be, we need to get silverware in the cabinet again. 1 league cup in 10 years is tragic.

• Advertisement

Top 4 and a trophy and going deep in the CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,599 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Seems very plausible anyways. Will any trophy do? I know the likes of the league cup are mocked n that but I think even winning that next year will allow ye to push on especially if ye are still in other comps as the final is early enough in the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Same for me a trophy ,any trophy and top 4 , obviously PL>CL>FA>LC would be order of preference

We sold Coutinho for £142m. We have bought: Nabil Fekir: £52.8m Naby Keita: £52m Fabinho: £43m Total: £148.5m We’ve basically sold Coutinho for a much upgraded midfield for £6.5m. Give Michael Edwards a statue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Seems very plausible anyways. Will any trophy do? I know the likes of the league cup are mocked n that but I think even winning that next year will allow ye to push on.

Honestly think this group of players needs to win a trophy to push on. Its kinda like utd under Ferguson , they kept winning because they had a winning mentality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

World cup minimum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Some midfield of Fekir Fabinho Keita. Last season's players will have to fight to get game time.

Now we just need a keeper, a centre back and someone to give Firminho a break from time to time.

What a signing that was!! :eek:

Is crazy that anyone thought Liverpool overpaid for Bobby but it just illustrated the ignorance of many. Edwards was being judged on Rodgers shoddy use of him really.

We sold Coutinho for £142m. We have bought: Nabil Fekir: £52.8m Naby Keita: £52m Fabinho: £43m Total: £148.5m We’ve basically sold Coutinho for a much upgraded midfield for £6.5m. Give Michael Edwards a statue

All three are younger than coutinho,building for the future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Im expecting at least top 4 next season , the lack of depth in the squad is being addressed and i think the club has stormed this transfer window.

One of the reasons for the loss in kiev was not having a decent bench , the first 11 can go toe to toe with anyone in europe but an injury or 2 and the lack of depth is evident to see.

Ardent wrote: »
    Some midfield of Fekir Fabinho Keita. Last season's players will have to fight to get game time.

Now we just need a keeper, a centre back and someone to give Firminho a break from time to time.

Fekir might be the only signing we get to slot into the front three when needed,otherwise funds will run out sometime

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement