Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,737 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Dickerty wrote: »
    Ok, something bad happening - Lyon official site have posted a denial that a deal is done...

https://twitter.com/OL/status/1005000114262413313

And this is why I invest absolutely zero thought into any signing rumours until actually confirmed by the club.

... except that time we almost signed Lee Bowyer! I was this close to pulling the trigger on a home & away jersey with his name on the back!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

MD1990 wrote: »
    Rumours Fekir failed medical. Had a bad ACL injury 3 years ago.

Looks like he isn't joining. Awful news.

Why did he play all of last year then? And make the World Cup squad?

It'll be announced later before the close of business I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

He must be a member here, avoided a card by attacking the post and not the poster.

Howard Webb will come out of nowhere to give him a red card.

Firmino suspended for the group games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Source ?

From Reddit:
    Lyon fan here.

I think they're talking about the money and not the transfer itself. Since Lyon is a publicly traded company, the club will give the official price when the deal is done.

With the British press saying 48M and the French press saying 67M, It's hard to know who's right and who's bull****ting. They're reminding everybody that only they can announce the truth.

The direct translation of Lyon's tweet
    The information on the transfer of Nabil Fekir is false.

Olympique Lyonnais categorically denies the false information disseminated by many media about the transfer of Nabil Fekir to the Liverpool club.

In this period of transfers where the slightest rumor is often presented as a reality, Olympique Lyonnais reminds that only the information broadcast by the club on its website is authentic.

I'm hopeful this is negotiation tactics for more dosh, rather than an issue with Fekir or Lyon selling him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Struck me as odd that Lyon were so clearly looking to wait until after the WC on Wednesday and reportedly willing to sell for the previously reported price yesterday.

Something fishy going on. It's never easy with this club...

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It'll be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    Ah jaysus, get in!
    Don't want to jinx it, but that's pretty specific detail and from Mr. Joyce too, so fingers crossed - great bit of business if true...

God damn it, Sofa Spud!

Only rumours hopefully

5starpool wrote: »
    It'll be grand.

Jesus, the club has gotten to 5star. He's now an optimist :pac:

Being serious though, I think so too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Sappy404 wrote: »
    God damn it, Sofa Spud!

Opps! In fairness, I think we were all squarely on the bandwagon on this one, I just happen to be the one that used the jinx caveat :cool:

Lets just see what happens - he's played 89 games in the last 2 seasons, so my guess this could be someone having a wind-up before the deal is done. The Guardian are reporting that the physical is due to be done today at the French camp's HQ, and it's still early in the day, so big pinch of salt...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

How can a player fail a medical and go to the World Cup? I don’t believe the rumours.

Knex. wrote: »
    From Reddit:

The direct translation of Lyon's tweet

I'm hopeful this is negotiation tactics for more dosh, rather than an issue with Fekir or Lyon selling him.

What's the timing on that tweet? To refer to the Guardian report again, they mentioned this as coming out before the reported deal was done and yeah, they flagged it as a negotiation tactic but the deal details came after that, so if the timing of the tweet above was yesterday afternoon, it may be safe to discount it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Honestly I don't know why you do it to yourselves.

This fekir lad is not signed for us til there is a picture of him leaning in Melwood.

All the stuff you see online is just clickbait.

DrumSteve wrote: »

This fekir lad is not signed for us til there is a picture of him leaning in Melwood.

Paul Joyce and a small number of others are far from clickbait. All the stuff this morning about failed medicals, etc seems to be just that though.

Obviously nothing is agreed until everything is agreed (to borrow a phrase from Brexit), but it's not like most of the stuff last night was just made up, despite what the Lyon twitter thing said this morning. They just essentially said that no transfer agreement is fully in place yet, which is true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Ignore until leaning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

DrumSteve wrote: »

Paul Joyce and a small number of others are far from clickbait. All the stuff this morning about failed medicals, etc seems to be just that though.

Obviously nothing is agreed until everything is agreed (to borrow a phrase from Brexit), but it's not like most of the stuff last night was just made up, despite what the Lyon twitter thing said this morning. They just essentially said that no transfer agreement is fully in place yet, which is true.

"Clickbait" has just become this catch-all term for twitter reporting it seems.

Paul Joyce sent out two tweets, with no links. Literally nothing to click on - his info may be wrong, the situation may have changed, etc, I can't deny that. But it is clearly not clickbait.

Anyway, as others say, nothing to get excited or upset about. We'll believe it when we see him leaning!!

Out of curiosity, btw, how many on here have seen Fekir play on multiple occasions? While I've seen a bit of Fabinho because of Monaco's CL run, I don't actually think I've ever seen Fekir or Keita outside a highlights reel. I'm quite excited to see the new players in action. Makes a change from when we bought largely from the PL and we were all extremely familiar with the players we were getting!

SlickRic wrote: »
    Ignore until leaning.

I usually scan youtube for a 5 minute skills highlights video of someone that's titled "<Insert Name Here> Welcome To Liverpool" and take that as gospel that we've signed said player...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

"Clickbait" has just become this catch-all term for twitter reporting it seems.

Paul Joyce sent out two tweets, with no links. Literally nothing to click on - his info may be wrong, the situation may have changed, etc, I can't deny that. But it is clearly not clickbait.

Anyway, as others say, nothing to get excited or upset about. We'll believe it when we see him leaning!!

Out of curiosity, btw, how many on here have seen Fekir play on multiple occasions? While I've seen a bit of Fabinho because of Monaco's CL run, I don't actually think I've ever seen Fekir or Keita outside a highlights reel. I'm quite excited to see the new players in action. Makes a change from when we bought largely from the PL and we were all extremely familiar with the players we were getting!

I am sure joyce gained followers from the tweets so it is clickbait,thankfully with him it is clickbait with some substance and it was close when he tweeted even if it is not now

I am sure joyce gained followers from the tweets so it is clickbait,thankfully with him it is clickbait with some substance and it was close when he tweeted even if it is not now

it is nothing like what clickbait is.

You'll never believe what is revealed here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

it is nothing like what clickbait is.

You'll never believe what is revealed here.

He could still do a job for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

This made me laugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

murpho999 wrote: »
    How can a player fail a medical and go to the World Cup? I don’t believe the rumours.

I think that is possible. He could be fit now, but they found evidence to suggest that reoccurrence of a previous injury is likely.

Presumably if a Doctor examined someone like Sturridge they'd be able to identify issues likely to cause future injuries and hence he could fail a medical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Maddock has his successes. I think he was the first to confirm Coutinho out?

The medical thing, the suggestion is he needs more tests because of his old knee injury 3 years ago, not that he's not fit now.
    Hence playing all season and going to WC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

going around in circles here people the bobby comment and the water bottle were days ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Joyce, Maddock, Reddy would not all be this wrong.

I think this whole thing is re: Lyons public listing status.

It's ok all, it's back on again now.

Joycey said he was a red, then Lyon they said "No"
    But Maddock came along and said, "he's ours now **** off home"
    Michael Edwards splashes the cash around
    and Fekir himself is Anfield Bound
    Fernando Torres, Liverpool's number 9.

• Advertisement

Joyce, Maddock, Reddy would not all be this wrong.

I think this whole thing is re: Lyons public listing status.
    _tQY25HJ_MUl.jpg
    That's a bingo!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Im probably not the only one but I know little or nothing about keita, fabinho and fekir. I hope they are as good as is been made out. Fabinho is the only one if seen play and that was only once or twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Indy is very quiet on the whole thing so I’m not sure it’s going to happen.

Im probably not the only one but I know little or nothing about keita, fabinho and fekir. I hope they are as good as is been made out. Fabinho is the only one if seen play and that was only once or twice.

i actually saw a bit of Lyon this year, been a fan of Fekir (i may have just liked him for the name at the start) but he's really impressed me. Great control, very direct, and can finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Does Fekir have a girlfriend or a wife? I can picture the headlines now. " Liverpool Star caught cheating on wife - Fekir right in the pu$$y"

• Advertisement

Does Fekir have a girlfriend or a wife? I can picture the headlines now. " Liverpool Star caught cheating on wife - Fekir right in the pu$$y"

What papers do you read:eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So who are the experts on the Stock Exchange?

What time does the French one close at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I have very high hopes for Keita, and think he may have the highest possibility of a chance of success here. From the clips I have watched, and how highly rated he is by many in Germany, I think he could be a real top class player in the league.

Fekir / Fabinho coming from France is more of a risk tbh. Players coming from France -> England are both hit & miss. Fekir especially coming with a big reputation.

May take time for them to settle, but that is why we need the big squad and play 1or2 at a time, in conjunction with regulars to ease them in rather than throwing 3 newbies in and expecting them to gel instantly IMO.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Evans to Leicester for 3.5 mil, that was a steal.

They're probably on strike!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

5pm by all accounts

Expect announcements after that

Fekir is back with the French squad now so it is all done and dusted, from my reading of the various itk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Surely this would be prime opportunity to go with "DIRTY FEKIR - Liverpool star caught with mistress".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Leaked picture of him in the kit grabbing the badge doing the rounds apparently.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Leaked picture of him in the kit grabbing the badge doing the rounds apparently.

Nabil-Fekir-708307.jpg

Looks like a screen grab from a youtube video with a timestamp from yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

So he didn't fail the medical, they wanted a second opinion on his knee, and Lyon won't announce until after 5 CET.
    Simples!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭finno

452852.jpg

:D Seen this on twitter, Had a little heart attack before reading the last line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It's a nice change that our transfer rumours no longer end in crushing disappointment, it comes somewhere in the middle now.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    It's a nice change that our transfer rumours no longer end in crushing disappointment, it comes somewhere in the middle now.
    :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

1987 ; We sell our talisman Ian Rush and use the proceeds to replace him with Barnes, Beardsley and Aldridge.........

For 2018 read Coutinho, Fabinho, Keita, Fekir.......

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement