Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

So we have bought 3 top class midfielders, when we play 3 in the middle, to go with 3 top class attackers who will not be replaced. And after 3 new defenders coming in (or up, in the case of TAA), we finally have an outfield team to complete with the best, AND a bench with Hendo, Milner, Matip, Clyne, Wijnaldum and Ox to return!

Still want a back-up striker, if Origi leaves (only 1 year on his deal, so will be sold) and Sturridge will, send Solanke on loan.
    And keeper - if we want to be the best, we need to sign the best!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Is it 5 O'Clock yet ?
    Can we get a love feed of the French stock exchange.

I can't handle it, funk it I'm going for a nap and setting my alarm for 17:05

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If there was a second opinion on the medical that may have come from the insurance company that Liverpool use to insure the players with.

Just reading there that Michael Edwards big break came under 'Arry.

No better man to learn the transfer dealing business under.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Dickerty wrote: »
    So we have bought 3 top class midfielders, when we play 3 in the middle, to go with 3 top class attackers who will not be replaced. And after 3 new defenders coming in (or up, in the case of TAA), we finally have an outfield team to complete with the best, AND a bench with Hendo, Milner, Matip, Clyne, Wijnaldum and Ox to return!

Still want a back-up striker, if Origi leaves (only 1 year on his deal, so will be sold) and Sturridge will, send Solanke on loan.
    And keeper - if we want to be the best, we need to sign the best!

Not only that, but there's a range of styles as well.

We've got direct lads, indirect lads, pure pace, trickery, yard dogs, set piece takers, set piece scorers, players that can have a pop from range, players who can spread the ball around, players who can link, players who can cut through teams in behind, players who can carry the ball out of defence.

An outright destroyer is probably the only thing lacking, but we'll make up for that with the workrate of the whole side.

I'm hoping we'll be a lot more adaptable next season and we'll be able to bring lads on to up the tempo, slow it down, break down teams or see games out.

I won't make any of the dreaded predictions about success but I think we're going to get a lot of joy out of seeing this lot in action.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Gbear wrote: »
    Not only that, but there's a range of styles as well.

We've got direct lads, indirect lads, pure pace, trickery, yard dogs, set piece takers, set piece scorers, players that can have a pop from range, players who can spread the ball around, players who can link, players who can cut through teams in behind, players who can carry the ball out of defence.

An outright destroyer is probably the only thing lacking, but we'll make up for that with the workrate of the whole side.

I'm hoping we'll be a lot more adaptable next season and we'll be able to bring lads on to up the tempo, slow it down, break down teams or see games out.

I won't make any of the dreaded predictions about success but I think we're going to get a lot of joy out of seeing this lot in action.

That's the bit that gets me excited - being able to change the game plan with options that can execute it.
    We know Klopp will use a lot of squad rotations in the first half of the season, and with so many potential first XI starters coming in, he'll have a lot to play with - depending on how quickly the newbies adapt to the PL and Klopp can understand what he's working with and how they fit his plan, the quicker we should hopefully see the team take the next, hopefully big, step forward in their development. Exciting times!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Just reading there that Michael Edwards big break came under 'Arry.

No better man to learn the transfer dealing business under.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

While we're waiting for 5 pm...

Has Emre Can joined Juventus yet? Has that become official?

Emre Can and Jon Flanagan will both leave the club upon the expiry of their contracts this summer.

Our full #PL retained list: http://lfc.tv/AHGz

Everybody at #LFC thanks all departing players for their contributions and wishes them the best of luck for the future.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1005117247470391301

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Never mind that....where's Shaquiri gone to??????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

17:03 where's the lean ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

I just wet myself..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Pretty shocking about Can...for him to just fizzle out his contract and no announcement of which club?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

jebidiah wrote: »
    Pretty shocking about Can...for him to just fizzle out his contract and no announcement of which club?

Reports said he's due his physical with Juve next week - no surprise there, would be utterly stunned if it didn't happen....

Can is gone.

He's way down the pecking order now anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    Reports said he's due his physical with Juve next week - no surprise there, would be utterly stunned if it didn't happen....

They better not ask him to turn around during it or he'll never finish the medical.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Df_Lt_EHx_X0_AA6bw3.jpg

shamefully stolen from @B3x_Graphics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Is it just me or did anyone else enjoy the shade at seeing Can's departure lumped in with Flanno's. You're not all that boss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Got no issues with Can leaving. He is well entitled to run down his contract if that's what he wants - haven't seen him downing tools on the pitch, he's always put in a decent shift. Good player but easily replaced. Wish him the best with his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Can is gone.

He's way down the pecking order now anyway.

Didn't he come on in champions league final ?

• Advertisement

liam7831 wrote: »

I mean he's as good as gone. Just a matter of medical at Juventus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Got no issues with Can leaving. He is well entitled to run down his contract if that's what he wants - haven't seen him downing tools on the pitch, he's always put in a decent shift. Good player but easily replaced. Wish him the best with his career.

100% this. Have seen a few "ah good riddance" and "**** him so" type of posts on Facebook and twitter and I don't get it at all.

Good player, good pro, all the best. He's an ambitious lad. I reckon a few titles with Juve and he will be off back to Bayern on a free or a cut price deal too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

liam7831 wrote: »

It says a lot about my state of mind at the time that I had no idea that Can had come on, had to Google it to confirm it. I completely missed it on the night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Can scored some big goals for us, so I'm sad to see him go even though he never had a sustained period of brilliance for us. It's great that the club have already filled that slot with two quality signings in Keita and Fabinho.

Conor Masterson offered a new contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,050 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Sad to see Can go, excellent player with a bright future.

And in fairness, for a guy running out the last year of his contract, he couldn't have been more professional. No nonsense in the media, no strops looking for better money, no playing suiters against each other. No media circus whatsoever. Just kept his head down, kept quiet, and did his job. A rare thing these days to be honest - especially when you think of what Bale and Ronaldo were just at, moments after winning a Champions League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

PropJoe10 wrote: »

I agree entirely with regard to the player. From the club's perspective however I think it's bad practice to allow a player to run down their contract.

If a player isn't going to sign a new contract with 18 months to run on the old one, better off selling rather than losing for nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Thats pretty embarrasing in fairness , the manager should be the one to be selling the project and not the players.

Funny. Everybody wants firminho to sell the project to allison

Funny. Everybody wants firminho to sell the project to allison

In fairness though, there's a bit of a difference between two lads who know each other well having a chat about it whilst away together on international duty, and in getting a player to cold-call a relative stranger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

PropJoe10 wrote:
    Got no issues with Can leaving. He is well entitled to run down his contract if that's what he wants.

Hope the likes of Salah, Van Dijk or any of our best players don't feel the same way.
    Don't like players wanting a buyout in their contract to sign it; especially bad at Liverpool, it's not like we haven't sold key players down the years.
    Wasn't exactly a player who performed above expectations week in and week out so I don't see him as a great servant to the club either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I always thought buyout clauses used to shackle players to clubs. The sums involved were preposterous. Then about two summers ago people started paying them.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I always thought buyout clauses used to shackle players to clubs. The sums involved were preposterous. Then about two summers ago people started paying them.

Buyout clauses are never, and have never, been a good thing for a club.

They have only ever existed to offer players a way to break contract, and are legally mandated in many other countries (Spain for instance). The way the clubs countered this was to put the value as high as they could manage during contract negotiations. But clubs are always better off without any buyouts.

A buyout has never meant "the player will go for this price" - they meant "this is the absolute most this player can ever go for". Indeed, despite mandated buyouts, most deals in Spain happened for far below whatever the clause was set at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Anyone know anything about the top secret story about to break, is it king kenny related

edit rumours he's been knighted

Liverpool set to confirm Nabil Fekir transfer after Lyon playmaker medical
    Liverpool are set to confirm their £52.8million swoop for Nabil Fekir.

It is believed Liverpool will pay Lyon 55million euros (£48.4m) up front plus a maximum of 5m euros (£4.4m) in add-ons.

The 24-year-old underwent a medical in Paris after club medical staff flew out on Thursday following a breakthrough in negotiations.

The ECHO understands a second opinion was sought on a knee issue but those fears were eased, meaning the path has been cleared for the midfielder to potentially become the club's second most-expensive signing after Virgil van Dijk.

It is also understood the deal will not be announced officially on Friday, despite nearing completion.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-set-confirm-nabil-fekir-14761024

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

mightyreds wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about the top secret story about to break, is it king kenny related

Henderson’s secret finally about to be revealed?

Turtyturd wrote: »

Heard its he runs from the knees

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭dogbert27

About his knees?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Damien360

Liverpool set to confirm Nabil Fekir transfer after Lyon playmaker medical
    Liverpool are set to confirm their £52.8million swoop for Nabil Fekir.

It is believed Liverpool will pay Lyon 55million euros (£48.4m) up front plus a maximum of 5m euros (£4.4m) in add-ons.

The 24-year-old underwent a medical in Paris after club medical staff flew out on Thursday following a breakthrough in negotiations.

The ECHO understands a second opinion was sought on a knee issue but those fears were eased, meaning the path has been cleared for the midfielder to potentially become the club's second most-expensive signing after Virgil van Dijk.

It is also understood the deal will not be announced officially on Friday, despite nearing completion.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-set-confirm-nabil-fekir-14761024

I read that Lyon are stock market listed. Rules for any company on stock market is the market must be informed first. So it will likely be Monday morning before any announcements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Heard its he runs from the knees

dogbert27 wrote: »
    About his knees?

Wishful thinking...apparently has a deep dark secret since his Sunderland days that a poster on here has the inside scoop on.

Think its Kenny getting knighted its breaking now it seems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Wishful thinking...apparently has a deep dark secret since his Sunderland days that a poster on here has the inside scoop on.

He's a Newcastle supporter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

1987 ; We sell our talisman Ian Rush and use the proceeds to replace him with Barnes, Beardsley and Aldridge.........

For 2018 read Coutinho, Fabinho, Keita, Fekir.......

Yes, but we bought him back 12 months later for 70% of the fee...

Think its Kenny getting knighted its breaking now it seems

Long overdue!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Long overdue!

He's already the King.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Can and Flanagan released by the club

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Damien360 wrote: »
    I read that Lyon are stock market listed. Rules for any company on stock market is the market must be informed first. So it will likely be Monday morning before any announcements.

I think that line has been busted as a myth several times at this stage.

The lastest is about Lyon wanting to balance the books.

No one has a clue really.

He more than likely will be a Liverpool player come the start of the season I would imagine.

At least it's not a drawn out as the Salah transfer last summer. Yet :)

That one turned out ok in the end.

He more than likely will be a Liverpool player come the start of the season I would imagine.

And even that was done in June - it just felt like it dragged on for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Seems to be a lot of noise for it not to happen at this stage. Would be highly surprised if he wasn't a Pool player by start of new season.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement