Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Perfect comparator in this case.

Sturridge had injuries all over his bodies. Thighs,ankles,calf,hip
    Torres had a bad knee,the perfect comparator?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sturridge had injuries all over his bodies. Thighs,ankles,calf,hip
    Torres had a bad knee,the perfect comparator?

I mean and I'm sure you know this, that Sturridge has been an expensive, irrelevant player for Liverpool for three seasons. Be crazy to spend 50m on someone who could be equally pointless after one tackle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Gutted by the Fekir news, looks like we really Liverpooled this transfer up.

Noticeable that it's gone from brilliant signing by the club to fair play to them for not signing a crock.

It will be negligence if a similar player is not signed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

I wouldn't rule out gamesmanship here between the two clubs. No-one knows what has transpired here but I'm hoping it's just a disagreement over the fee. Hoping he will still be a Liverpool player before the end of the transfer window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Damien360

Gutted by the Fekir news, looks like we really Liverpooled this transfer up.

Noticeable that it's gone from brilliant signing by the club to fair play to them for not signing a crock.

It will be negligence if a similar player is not signed.

It would be a damn site worse if we signed a player with injury concerns that left him out for months like Sturidge. Paying the biggest wages and getting nothing in return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Damien360 wrote: »
    It would be a damn site worse if we signed a player with injury concerns that left him out for months like Sturidge. Paying the biggest wages and getting nothing in return.

Aye not 100% clear yet the club was at fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I'd have much rather signed him and keep the tradition of signing crocks. Studge, aquaman and Fekir.

I mean and I'm sure you know this, that Sturridge has been an expensive, irrelevant player for Liverpool for three seasons. Be crazy to spend 50m on someone who could be equally pointless after one tackle.

But how does one tackle and fekir busting his knee compare to sturridges multitude of injuries from different parts of his body.

Dybala would be a more expensive version of fekir perhaps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

But how does one tackle and fekir busting his knee compare to sturridges multitude of injuries from different parts of his body.

You’re just being obtuse now. Sturridge is a crock, spending that much on someone who could also end up a crock isn’t a wise move.

Dybala would be a more expensive version of fekir perhaps.

Is he not PSG bound?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

No one is calling Fekir a crock. People are disappointed yet realise the club is being cautious for the right reasons. Nothing wrong with that.

Maybe City can afford such a gamble, Liverpool can't.

No one is calling Fekir a crock. People are disappointed yet realise the club is being cautious for the right reasons. Nothing wrong with that.

Strange alright. It didn’t even happen...never mind being noticeable.

At least Lanzini is currently a crock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

By all accounts he passed his medical. Don't clubs take out insurance policies on new players with (or without) worrying conditions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,598 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Is he not PSG bound?

He was supposed to be staying at Juve, but now Algeri is staying on, it might spur him to move, haven’t seen anything credible linking him to PSG though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Noticeable because something untoward must have come up in the medical. If the medical staff has doubts, that's good enough for me.

Maybe the club is penny pinching, trying to skim a few million off the price. That Ricero lad might be right all along. At least it looked like we tried to sign him though. That's all speculation before I get cliqued.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Thread is a mess. Again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,933 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Disappointing Que Sera Sera onto the next target.

Hopefully Alisson doesn't break a fingernail.

Nobody said he is a crock. Amazing how stuff is just made up.

The club didn't take a risk by the looks of it on a massive investment as a medical showed up something. Surely that's a good catch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Reporters in Germany picking up on Maddocks (Mirror) twitter comments of the last few minutes........Fekir still wants the deal, medical was passed and Liverpool wanted to talk about the price as some issues came up. All 3 parties will sit down again after the WC....

https://twitter.com/maddockmirror?lang=de

Lyon most likely making the comments to push the price and to protect themselves as they are a listed company and have to follow stock market rules. Furthermore they seem to want to stick the money into accounts a for the next financial year which would be in 2-3 weeks for them.

Sky Sports Germany also saying Klopp will stick with Karius next year...

5starpool wrote: »
    Thread is a mess. Again.

Yep, no surprise

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

[quote="Irishmale0399;107220573"

Sky Sports Germany also saying Klopp will stick with Karius next year...[/quote]

This better not be true

Reporters in Germany picking up on Maddocks (Mirror) twitter comments of the last few minutes........Fekir still wants the deal, medical was passed and Liverpool wanted to talk about the price as some issues came up. All 3 parties will sit down again after the WC....

https://twitter.com/maddockmirror?lang=de

Lyon most likely making the comments to push the price and to protect themselves as they are a listed company and have to follow stock market rules. Furthermore they seem to want to stick the money into accounts a for the next financial year which would be in 2-3 weeks for them.

Sky Sports Germany also saying Klopp will stick with Karius next year...

Typical on both counts!

Karius will be no.1 next season almost certainly.

Rory Smith giving a different version. after the medical Liverpool withdrew from negotiations and then Lyon came back looking to change the terms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

FSG out!
    If the medical team have doubts then at that price I'd agree with them
    All speculation at this point tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Sad about Fekir. But obviously something scared them beyond doubt

Ardent wrote: »
    By all accounts he passed his medical. Don't clubs take out insurance policies on new players with (or without) worrying conditions?

Is sturridge insured?

Rory Smith giving a different version. after the medical Liverpool withdrew from negotiations and then Lyon came back looking to change the terms.

According to a top figure within the French camp the medical was passed....and the French FA expected the deal to go through.

Seems Lyon are playing games.....but at the end of the day none of us have an idea of what is going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

Augeo wrote: »
    Is sturridge insured?

Every footballer is, not sure how it works tho.
    I'd imagine an 18 year old with 12 points on his license would be easier to insure on a Ferrari than getting Sturridge covered on a football pitch.

• Advertisement

Probably the best Journo out there in terms of general football love reading his stuff and always great to listen to on 5Live or pods.

Maybe Lyon are hoping some other club will become interested and boost their assets valuation.

Gotze!

According to a top figure within the French camp the medical was passed....and the French FA expected the deal to go through.

Seems Lyon are playing games.....but at the end of the day none of us have an idea of what is going on.

Definitely a lot of games and guesswork going on all around. Unofficial mouthpiece Pearce was reporting it as all good yesterday which would contradict what Smith is saying.

.red. wrote: »
    Every footballer is, not sure how it works tho.
    I'd imagine an 18 year old with 12 points on his license would be easier to insure on a Ferrari than getting Sturridge covered on a football pitch.

Well, he was bought for peanuts. At the time FSG offered him his current contract I doubt insuring him would have been overly problematic.

Fotze!

Changed that for you.......leo.org should help you find out what it means...:D:D

Wouldnt touch him with a barge pole. Past it...made a mistake leaving Klopp and going to Munich. Pep finally killed him by not playing him and then he was diagnosed with myopathy. Any time I watched him this year he looked 2-3 meters of the pace and is still convinced he is up there with Messi.

Some chatter on anti-social media about The Alpine Messi being announced very shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Augeo wrote: »
    Is sturridge insured?

I read that as "Is Sturridge injured?" When is he not?

On the player insurance side of things....my understanding of the matter is:

Clubs insure against the loss of investment. Means should the players get an injury that end his/her career, die before the end of his/her contract etc. the club get a fixed sum.

Players would also have premium private health insurance or the club would have a deal in place with a hospital/private clinic where a large fixed fee is paid anually and the players have flat rate treatment. In some cases clubs finance the clinics themselves.

As for paying a player when injured:

They get their basic pay....which in Liverpools case is very low as the majority of pay is bonus related.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Great to be back after a long ban since the champos final.

Delighted with Fabinho but this Fekir news has left a bad taste in the mouth.

Will wait for more clarification before i comment on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Hallowed

ricero wrote: »

Can't wait. Should be depressing enough.

You’re just being obtuse now. Sturridge is a crock, spending that much on someone who could also end up a crock isn’t a wise move.

Obtuse? I asked "why are you so obsessed with Sturridge?"
    You use any oppurtunity you get to insult him.
    I understand that buying fekir is a risk and we should look for alternatives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Sign Reus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Sign Reus.

I agree great back up to have when robertson is out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I think the club is probably going about its business quietly in a clever and targeted way. The way Fabinho was signed was fantastic, no leaks and - boom - done... Lean.

So the club is more than capable of being professional and speedy in their negotiations.

They also learned a lesson from the Van Dijk saga to avoid going public with their interest and to also keep a tight ship RE: leaks.

They are canny in their work too, with Keita as a good example. This was a player in demand and a club who didnt want to sell. They found a solution and now we have a super, dynamic player.

I think there will be more signings. The speculation is good craic for me, but I dont tend to get too excited when someone is linked and I dont get too upset when a deal is reported dead. There's a lot of speculation. It's fun to think of who we could add though. Signings so far are fantastic, and the window is young yet.

My priorities would be:
      1. Pacey WF for rotation with Mane/ Salah. 2. Experienced GK who is vocal and commanding. 3. CB to pair with Van Dijk. 4. CF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Nice to be back (not really, worst fans in the world etc.). So what’s the craic with Fekir?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Place hasn't been the same without you. FSG went crazy since you've been away spending millions on Fekirs and Fabhinos.

Is the Fekir thing on or off atm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

what were you out for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

just on insurance, it will cover a fortuitous event. there are uninsurable risks and risks too expensive to insure. Someone like Sturridge would fall into one of these categories.
    Pity about Fekir if he's failed the Liverpool medical. Happened before with the guy with the dodgy heart, which turned out to be the right decision for the club

This will be seen by some as a dig at Sturridge but it isn't.

Since Sturridge signed his 5 year contract of £150k a week just finished year 4 he has played a grand total of 4624 minutes of football for Liverpool that is a total of 51.3 games in 4 seasons.

£150k x 52 x 4 = £31.2m. = nearly £600k a game.

£31m for 51 games a club like Liverpool just can't afford to have players like that.

Add in Lallana who has been out injured for long spells on top wages it's understandable that club is having second thoughts when a medical shows up something.

Injuries happen and players get injured however paying £60m and out laying another £40m over the course of a 5 year contract on wages when you see there is an issue with a medical but still sign the player that's a huge gamble to take on any asset.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement