Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

sideswipe wrote: »
    The prices being quoted for keepers are crazy. I'd be interested in testing Spurs resolve with Hugo Lloris. Hard to convince rivals to sell I know but at 31 and with his experience I think he'd be an excellent buy. Wonder what kind of money it would take?

Not a lot, Lloris isn't all that. Makes a significant number of mistakes - the most mistakes of all PL keepers in the last 3 years that have led to goals being scored.

Spend the money on Oblak or Alisson - its the VVD argument all over again with some people. Yes we overpaid for VVD, but anyone fancy sending him back?

A solid keeper makes an absolutely massive difference to a team.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Season 3.

Klopp needs to mount a serious challenge this year or deliver some silverware. I'd be eyeing up Simeone and making a move for him if the club have another average season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

PhuckHugh wrote: »
    Season 3.

Klopp needs to mount a serious challenge this year or deliver some silverware. I'd be eyeing up Simeone and making a move for him if the club have another average season.

Oh dear Jesus.....:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Season 3.

lBJ79ln.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I'm not sold on Fekir,
    He strikes me as the type that will struggle with the pace of the premier league,
    Infact I can't see us spending that kind of money on him at all,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

sideswipe wrote: »
    The prices being quoted for keepers are crazy. I'd be interested in testing Spurs resolve with Hugo Lloris. Hard to convince rivals to sell I know but at 31 and with his experience I think he'd be an excellent buy. Wonder what kind of money it would take?

Lloris has made more mistakes this season than Karius.

Dickerty wrote: »
    ............ If he leaves, it will be for c. £16-18M I reckon...
    Dickerty wrote: »
    Who suggested that amount? I think it would take c. €70M for either Oblak or Allison, but Migs is worth €25M in the current market with his experience.

£16m is under €19m :)
    Will he lose another €6m in value after lunch :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Season 3.

2/10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Season 3.

You've had some crazy posts over the last while, but you've just blown them out of the water with this humdinger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Lloris has made more mistakes this season than Karius.
    yeah but not in the Champions League final. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Season 3.

Phucksake. :D

We should be investing in Klopp long term. Ask any supporter of any other team and they are jealous of the football we are playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Boom_Bap wrote: »

supporter of other team and jealous of the football we are playing.

I've edited your post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Plague Maiden

Man Utd fan here. I have avoided the soccer forum up until now because of how toxic it gets, but I've joined so I could say well done to Liverpool for getting to compete in a Champions League final. There's been a fair amount of crap spoken by both Liverpool and United supporters in the past few days, but United fans have taken the biscuit. I know it's all 'banter', if you're into that kinda thing, but at the same time there's not enough people offering a pat on the back.

It's an awful feeling to see your team losing out on the big one but you can take a lot of consolation from seeing them compete. I wish I was licking my wounds after a Champions League sickener to Real Madrid than wondering wtf after an FA Cup loss to Chelsea.

I'm still a United fan so I didn't want to see you lot actually winning the ****ing thing, but fair play to you all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Some silverware would be nice all the same, this serial loser tag is gathering momentum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Boom_Bap wrote: »

We should be investing in Klopp long term. Ask any supporter of any other team and they are jealous of the football we are playing.

Excellent pun.:D

"Klopp needs to deliver silverware. For Phucks sake"

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Some silverware would be nice all the same, this serial loser tag is gathering momentum.

It's just another record to be broken :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

6 finals lost for him now , he's going to get alot of stick about it now untill he does and will only get worse if he loses a few more

6 finals lost for him now , he's going to get alot of stick about it now untill he does and will only get worse if he loses a few more
    Id prefer having a coach that makes finals, And to be fair, he has 90% of the gfinals managed an underdog,
    Look at the Liverpool squad he just took to the final  ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I find it a stupid criticism.

Klopp was not responsible for the defeat on Saturday as it was due to two stupid errors by Karius, a wonder goal by Bale and an arm twist on Salah. He could do nothing about it.

He deserves huge credit for getting us into the CL in his first full season and then getting us to a final whilst also securing CL for next season.

No shame in losing to Man City or Madrid in finals.

He has transformed the club, made amazing signings and made us a great team to watch and I think it's only going to get better and the trophies will come.

Id prefer having a coach that makes finals, And to be fair, he has 90% of the gfinals managed an underdog,

Favorites lose finals all the time,he will still have the stigma over his head untill he breaks his duck could end up being a mental thing sooner or later.

Favorites lose finals all the time,he will still have the stigma over his head untill he breaks his duck could end up being a mental thing sooner or later.
    Bu Rank outsider like Liverpool this season do not get to final all the time

So what,they got to the final and lost and Klopp is now 6bin a row finals lost.I am saying there could be a stigma to losing 6 in a row and mentally it could affect him.

So what,they got to the final and lost and Klopp is now 6bin a row finals lost.I am saying there could be a stigma to losing 6 in a row and mentally it could affect him.
    I'm saying he should be praised for even getting there ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

How things change....

I have been reading a few pieces and a number of podcasts have been taking about how well the Liverpool transfer committee is now respected across the football world that the Barca, Madrid, PSG & City's etc are now watching who they are trying to sign and then trying to poach those players first.
    Or it could be that we are looking at higher calibre players rather than young with bags of potential.

Makes a change from the days when Rodger's mouth pieces in the media used to peddle shyte like ...
    The committee have yet to explain how they came up with the figure of £29million to sign Brazilian forward Roberto Firmino from Hoffenheim, who finished eighth in the Bundesliga last season.
    (Neil Ashton - Daily Mail)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

2 seasons in europe with Liverpool 2 finals, against opponents going for 3 in a row in the competition. He has been right up against it. His other notable final loss against Bayern in the UCL couldn't be held against him, they were a truly outstanding side, one of the best in the last decade.

As I said, I would be more concerned if we weren't getting to finals under Klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Talisman wrote: »
    Or it could be that we are looking at higher calibre players rather than young with bags of potential.

Makes a change from the days when Rodger's mouth pieces in the media used to peddle shyte like ...
    (Neil Ashton - Daily Mail)

They were looking at plenty back then as well.

Salah being one.

Konoplynaka & Mkhitaryan to name two off the top of my head.

Wiilan & Kross both of whom Rodgers got Gerrard to text and use his influence because the managers name didn't hold sway with top players.

They have always gone for talent but didn't have the manager to attract the big names

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

gimli2112 wrote: »
    yeah but not in the Champions League final. :)

Well, I look forward him making one there with Spurs.

(snigger)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,797 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Can you describe how this might affect him and more importantly how this might affect the team?

I'm saying he should be praised for even getting there ,

Yea fair play but getting there and losing is no good either.He will stigma of being a serial loser in finals and could be a mental thing sooner or later.I am not taking away getting to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I'm not sold on Fekir,
    He strikes me as the type that will struggle with the pace of the premier league,

Why are you not sold on him?

As well as having a wand on a left foot he can dribble,is strong, excellent acceleration, Not a sprinter but doesn't need to be as he is a player being brought to replace Coutinho even though he can play in the front 3.

60m is a very fair price. He is a better player than Mahrez who has done very well in the PL.

Looks at the players he got in ahead of for France Martial,Coman & Payet.

More back slapping drivel from the club's mouth piece.

Fabinho, Fekir, Keita and how Klopp is ensuring Liverpool aren't 'f***ed' next season

Prepare yourselves for another season in the doldrums! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Augeo wrote: »
    £16m is under €19m :)
    Will he lose another €6m in value after lunch :pac:

I think the current market would value him about €25M, so £22M. I think he'll go for between £16M and £18M.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭mada999

i think that is stopped, if you mean the team for the final i think anyone on here could have predicted the lineup,no leaks needed

no I think there was a few before the last few games... maybe not, hopefully it's all done now

Lewandowski anyone?

Plan B(ig Man) up front.

Robert-Lewandowski-610932.jpg

nah, havent like the look of him lately... very slow.

I'm not sold on Fekir,

looked no great shake against ireland... he hasn't much pace either by the looks of it

MD1990 wrote: »
    I'm not sold on Fekir,

Why are you not sold on him?

As well as having a wand on a left foot he can dribble,is strong, excellent acceleration, Not a sprinter but doesn't need to be as he is a player being brought to replace Coutinho even though he can play in the front 3.

60m is a very fair price. He is a better player than Mahrez who has done very well in the PL.

Looks at the players he got in ahead of for France Martial,Coman & Payet.
    Its the pace thing that worries me, We need pace, when one of Salah or Mane are injured we struggle,
    How do you know he is better than Mahrez one has played on the Prem and got player of the year the other has never played a game in it ?
    Payet is injured and the other two aren't playing for there clubs , Who are far better clubs than Lyon ,

The CL was a clear warning - Salah get's injured next year and the team has no natural finisher up top. Firmino does it against the also rans but against top teams he goes hiding a lot. If I was Klopp i'd be getting Sturridge back and building the team around him. He's a proven goal scorer. Let the rest of the team break their holes to service him. Firmino will be a grand option off the bench.

The CL was a clear warning - Salah get's injured next year and the team has no natural finisher up top. Firmino does it against the also rans but against top teams he goes hiding a lot. If I was Klopp i'd be getting Sturridge back and building the team around him. He's a proven goal scorer. Let the rest of the team break their holes to service him. Firmino will be a grand option off the bench.
    And the Hits Just Keep on Comin'!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I hope in a few years people wont re-write history and say Salah carried us this season like they said Suarez carried us in 13/14.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Sturridge can't play 3 games in a row without getting injured.

As for Fekir. I trust whoever is dealing with transfers at the club. Our last 6 or 7 players turned out to be great signings. It's good when the team plays to a system and you buy players who fit rather than just who's available.

Agree about Salah though. Would be ideal to get a 4th player for the top 3 positions. Don't think too many players at the level required would be happy to sit on the bench until someone gets injured.

I hope in a few years people wont re-write history and say Salah carried us this season like they said Suarez carried us in 13/14.
    Hope can drive a man insane.

No chance of that :)
    Well, not the "people" I'm thinking of anyway :pac:

Wheety wrote: »
    Agree about Salah though. Would be ideal to get a 4th player for the top 3 positions. Don't think too many players at the level required would be happy to sit on the bench until someone gets injured.
    It's not a case of sitting on the bench waiting for an injury, rotating the players to keep them fresh will prevent injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

C-

Must try harder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Jesus Christ, are you for real :eek:
    I think the sun has gotten to you and you need to lie down in a darkened room :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

You suggesting we play with 10 men every week?

Lot of lads cant handle a few home truths. Millions need to be spent on defence and a keeper and + what's going on currently in midfield. There wont be money for the other end. Sturridge for Firmino is a no brainer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

Sturridge for Firmino is a no brainer.

not in the way you think though :P

• Advertisement

Lot of lads cant handle a few home truths. Millions need to be spent on defence and a keeper and + what's going on currently in midfield. There wont be money for the other end. Sturridge for Firmino is a no brainer.

Sturridge got injured six times in the time it took you to type that up.

As much as I like Sturridge, he doesn't work well in the way we play. As a forward who is playing off another forward with little responsibility to be the highest defender, he's great. But that's the opposite to what we play.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement