Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Mr.H wrote: »
    I think its because noone reports them to be fair. Mods probably just dont see the posts or think of nobody reports it, its not an issue.

Personally i have no issue with these poster. They are only trying to be funny and they are very transparent. If you dont like their posts just dont take the bait. You can also mock them for saying stupid things as an alternative.

Just dont let it drive you away from here. We are losing too many good posters these days.

I am sorry but posts like this are pathetic. I am right here, if you have an issue with me, we can hash it out here or in PM.

Honestly no one should be treated like this. Like I am less than human.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

tiniest_violin.gif

I just want to ask the question of posters here. Why are Liverpool and Chelsea linked with Cillessen if he is not an exceptional talent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,113 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Solid? I mean I have watched him play for Ajex many times. I don't know what else I can say. He had an excellent game againist Twente a couple of years back, when he really caught my eye.

I am one of the only people who does back up their arguments with valid reasoning and yet you single me out?

I remember watching Deandre Yedlin running the game for USA v Belgium down the right wing in the last World Cup. Average player in an average team standing out with his pace.

One standout performance against average opposition does not a superstar make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I think its because noone reports them to be fair. Mods probably just dont see the posts or think of nobody reports it, its not an issue.

Personally i have no issue with these poster. They are only trying to be funny and they are very transparent. If you dont like their posts just dont take the bait. You can also mock them for saying stupid things as an alternative.

Just dont let it drive you away from here. We are losing too many good posters these days.

But I cannot report someone for just being dumb! :)

I believe that if someone takes up dozens of posts between their 'statements' and people's responses, and are clearly just winding people up or making outlandish claims (like "Salas is over-rated") - then they are trolling the rest of us!
    And I know I am not allowed to use that word...but having to mute three posters in the last week is making the thread tedious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Oh you poor thing. Would you like to talk about it? Your posts are way more than a little sad to be honest. Should we be concerned ab

Dickerty wrote: »
    But I cannot report someone for just being dumb! :)

I believe that if someone takes up dozens of posts between their 'statements' and people's responses, and are clearly just winding people up or making outlandish claims (like "Salas is over-rated") - then they are trolling the rest of us!
    And I know I am not allowed to use that word...but having to mute three posters in the last week is making the thread tedious.

I would never ignore someone on a forum. I am made of stronger stuff than that, but, what you are saying is hurtful and clearly designed to harress me. I do not like it one bit. I have not said or done anything to offend you and yet you attack my character viciously. I better stop typing now because I am actually emotional about this.

I would never ignore someone on a forum. I am made of stronger stuff than that, but, what you are saying is hurtful and clearly designed to harress me. I do not like it one bit. I have not said or done anything to offend you and yet you attack my character viciously. I better stop typing now because I am actually emotional about this.

Haha your a funny one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,932 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The thread is starting to read a bit like the Donald Trump Twitter feed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

I just want to ask the question of posters here. Why are Liverpool and Chelsea linked with Cillessen if he is not an exceptional talent?

Life's kinds like that sometimes...

Dembele on a two year loan is being reported in the Mirror.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The thread is starting to read a bit like the Donald Trump Twitter feed.

It's not that self aware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

I'm so confused by the links with Dembele...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Mod:

Folks, if you have an issue with a poster please report the post. Pm the mods, cmods or admin. Please don't discuss moderation in thread or accuse someone of trolling. Doing so only feeds an actual troll and further derails a thread. It's quite the own goal tbh.

Moist Bread: Do not post in this thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Liverpool bought Karius and Mignolet along with Bogdan, Brad Jones & Manninger. We don't even know what a good goalie is since Reina left.
    I don't think he's even first choice for Holland now.
    Like Butland & Pope he's an average goalie & Barca would be delighted if someone paid his buyout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

I am sorry but posts like this are pathetic. I am right here, if you have an issue with me, we can hash it out here or in PM.

I foolishly responded to you, Desdemona, believing you posted in good faith. I won't be doing so again.

I gotta say im quite excited about the world cup. I hope salah scores a few but they dont get out of the group. The more rest he gets this summer the better. Thats why i would like us to sign a proper attacker to ease the burden on him.

Any word on sturridge ings or origi links

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

I gotta say im quite excited about the world cup. I hope salah scores a few but they dont get out of the group. The more rest he gets this summer the better. Thats why i would like us to sign a proper attacker to ease the burden on him.

Any word on sturridge ings or origi links

All links to Sturridge leaving are broken.

They're expected to be back in 3 weeks though.

I have been driven out by the good old boys. You won, you did it. I have nothing left now. At least you will be happy to know that I have no social interaction left in my life and pretty much nothing to live for. Cheers lads. AFK forever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I have been driven out by the good old boys. You won, you did it. I have nothing left now. At least you will be happy to know that I have no social interaction left in my life and pretty much nothing to live for. Cheers lads. AFK forever.

All the best in finding a new forum.

I am sure you will fit in somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Hmmm.. that's a weird one considering how much they paid for him last year, and the two year bit more so... would this have something to do with FFP or as a precursor to a future sale to us? (also appreciate this is probably just more click bait...)

What does afk mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Unless there was an option to buy, no thank you. We shouldn't be developing more players for Barcelona.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

away from keyboard in gamerspeak

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    Hmmm.. that's a weird one considering how much they paid for him last year, and the two year bit more so... would this have something to do with FFP or as a precursor to a future sale to us? (also appreciate this is probably just more click bait...)

I would imagine it is click bait.

However as a player with the BVB link and Klopp being an open admirer of his there may be something in it.

So that alone gives the click bait guys something to run with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

What does afk mean?

A fckin knob ,....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I think :)

gimli2112 wrote:
    away from keyboard in gamerspeak

Ah i knew i seen it somwhere before haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

What does afk mean?

all **** knows?

• Advertisement

I would imagine it is click bait.

However as a player with the BVB link and Klopp being an open admirer of his there may be something in it.

So that alone gives the click bait guys something to run with.

Yeah, probably best just to ignore, the BvB link is weak at best considering he joined a year after Klopp left and to Rob316's point, don't see the point in developing a player for 2 years unless there's a buy clause. Christ, the end of the transfer silly season can't come quick enough!!

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    Yeah, probably best just to ignore, the BvB link is weak at best considering he joined a year after Klopp left and to Rob316's point, don't see the point in developing a player for 2 years unless there's a buy clause. Christ, the end of the transfer silly season can't come quick enough!!

Wait till the World Cup kicks off and a few average players start to look like Pele and Maradona and get linked with big money transfers. :)

Fun times.

Sofa Spud wrote:

Is it true that klopp was his landlord though? Just a funny story link mote than a footballing one of course.

Id rather buy pulisic and shaquiri rather than loan someone to help develope them. Unless like you said there was an option to buy even at a high price. Could you imagine a potential purchase of 150 million after two years? If he became that good it would be a great deal. But more likely we would pay 30 million for a two year loan with no option to buy. Thats of course if it wasnt complete click bait.

Fact is the first we heard about fabinho was an hour before he signed. All this other stuff is just gossip to fill pages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Good ol’ boys, eh?

Wait till the World Cup kicks off and a few average players start to look like Pele and Maradona and get linked with big money transfers. :)

Fun times.

Seriously, I don't think I've ever been more ambivalent about a WC before... with the exception of hoping our lads don't get injured and then maybe seeing if Bobby can knock Jesus off his starting spot and having an underdog cheer for Iceland. Also really happy that a significant chunk of the team, including Keita and Fabinho, will be ready to report on the 2nd July and then some quality games in the U.S. to look forward to....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I love how the UK media are down playing England's chances. Emphasising the togetherness and how much they're enjoying it. Sure it doesn't matter how they do as long as they have a bit of fun.
    I'm looking forward to the carnage.

Is it true that klopp was his landlord though? Just a funny story link mote than a footballing one of course.

Id rather buy pulisic and shaquiri rather than loan someone to help develope them. Unless like you said there was an option to buy even at a high price. Could you imagine a potential purchase of 150 million after two years? If he became that good it would be a great deal. But more likely we would pay 30 million for a two year loan with no option to buy. Thats of course if it wasnt complete click bait.

Fact is the first we heard about fabinho was an hour before he signed. All this other stuff is just gossip to fill pages.

There's an eye catching headline...

The Pulisic links seem to have died off quickly, so lets start a rumour that that means we've already bid for him! Would be a nice bit of business if we could get him and there's no WC for him to inflate his price.... Have to admit that the whole Shaqiri links have left me cold, if it happens then I'll trust in Klopp, but if all the hoopla is down to the cheap price, that's not really doing it for me in terms of reasons to take him - a player is either quality enough to step in when the front 3 need a break/are injured or they're not - just 'cause they were cheap is not a good enough reason to take them. Anyway, allow me to put the lid back on that can of worms as it's being discussed enough at this point...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

The house was indeed owned by Klopp. He lived there before moving to Herdecke when his son signed for BVBs second tean and never sold it.

After Dembele left it BVB had to organise for it to be cleared out and renovated. Klopps wife wasnt very happy at the time.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/843018/Liverpool-News-Jurgen-Klopp-Ousmane-Dembele-Borussia-Dortmund-Barcelona-Transfer-News

Thats one of many reasons I said during the week that I took Klopps comments that he would speak to Dembeles mom about a move as being sarcastic.

Thats one of many reasons I said during the week that I took Klopps comments that he would speak to Dembeles mom about a move as being sarcastic.

Its a nice little story all the same haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

The house was indeed owned by Klopp. He lived there before moving to Herdecke when his son signed for BVBs second tean and never sold it.

After Dembele left it BVB had to organise for it to be cleared out and renovated. Klopps wife wasnt very happy at the time.

https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/news-gossip/287262/ousmane-dembele-trashes-jurgen-klopps-house-before-fleeing-to-france/

please dont link to that site...

Ah christ, fooled again - saw one link from the Scum and ignored it, didn't catch this one as being from them as well. Deleted if from my post, apologies...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Didnt realise it was the Scum!!! Changed it.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Good ol’ boys, eh?

I think he's talking about Harry / Mike

Didnt realise it was the Scum!!! Changed it.....

Easy mistake to make. You wouldnt know from the link alone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

If we're moving away from Fekir, I wonder if we'd move back towards Kovacic. Seems on the outs at Madrid at this stage with only 10 league starts last season - though I guess who knows, depending on who their next manager is... and on that note, saw some hilarious links earlier that they're looking at Villas-Boas. Talk about failing up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Just seen a post on Reddit (great site) linking Lazio with a move for Grujic. Seems like rubbish as the price mentioned is €5 million, too much for an Italian team and a bit less than we could expect from one of the promoted teams.

Would hate to see him cut loose without really getting to see him involved with the first team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Just seen a post on Reddit (great site) linking Lazio with a move for Grujic. Seems like rubbish as the price mentioned is €5 million, too much for an Italian team and a bit less than we could expect from one of the promoted teams.

Would hate to see him cut loose without really getting to see him involved with the first team.

I know he did well on loan but such a shame he wasnt around for the last month of the season as he definitely would have got some gametime

I'd like to see Gurjic stay for sure and I wouldn't sell him for cheap either if he was to leave.

If he isn't going to get game time I'd loan him out till January and then reassess it again then.

Loaning him back to Cardiff again would be ideal as he was a star for them in the championship and played a major part in them being promoted.

That would also let the club and us fans see if he has it in him to be as dominate in the PL as he did in the Championship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I'd like to see Gurjic stay for sure and I wouldn't sell him for cheap either if he was to leave.

If he isn't going to get game time I'd loan him out till January and then reassess it again then.

Loaning him back to Cardiff again would be ideal as he was a star for them in the championship and played a major part in them being promoted.

That would also let the club and us fans see if he has it in him to be as dominate in the PL as he did in the Championship.

Yeah, am a big fan of continuing the loan deal whenever a player has helped in the promotion. Perfect way to see what they're made of in the prem, without the upheaval of a move added in. Still really wish we'd gotten to see Ward at Huddersfield this season, at least we'd know definitively what level he's at then.

Bruno Fernandes, William Carvalho and Gelson Martins are all trying to terminate their contracts with Sporting Lisbon.

All would be available on a free.

I would be all over that like rover right now.

Michael Edward's a trip to Portugal is now needed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement