Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

I'd like to see Gurjic stay for sure and I wouldn't sell him for cheap either if he was to leave.

If he isn't going to get game time I'd loan him out till January and then reassess it again then.

Loaning him back to Cardiff again would be ideal as he was a star for them in the championship and played a major part in them being promoted.

That would also let the club and us fans see if he has it in him to be as dominate in the PL as he did in the Championship.

+1
    Cardiff only lost 1 game that he played in - which was widely attributed to him and his footballing brilliance alone ;) - and the fans loved him. If Cardiff want to take him on loan again - they may not be willing to take him for only half the season as that leaves a hole to be filled - but why not let him go for another season, prove himself in the PL and he'll still have a year left on his contract so will be worth a few quid if he's not gonna get 1st team action with 'Pool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

With ox out and kieta and fabinho settling in plus no Can it might be better to keep him as there might be more opertunities before Christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Its strange that no one else was in for him considering he is such a good player,
    Makes you think we have it all wrapped up or everyone knows he is in a jocker

No one was in for fabinho,salah,mane,keita..theyre all ****e btw :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Madrid now ready to bid the release clause on Oblak and don't want Alisson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Ye are some boys for taking the bait;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Bruno Fernandes, William Carvalho and Gelson Martins are all trying to terminate their contracts with Sporting Lisbon.

All would be available on a free.

I would be all over that like rover right now.

Michael Edward's a trip to Portugal is now needed.

I’d be throwing crazy money at Martins in particular. He’s as quick as Mane and can last the full 90 no bother. His technical skills aren’t quite there yet (he’s still not bad though) but he’d improve so quickly with us I’d imagine, like Salah has but maybe to a lesser extent. He’s the perfect man to rotate with Mane and Salah, throw Shaqiri in on top of that and we have the depth up front that a big club needs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

redzerdrog wrote:
    With ox out and kieta and fabinho settling in plus no Can it might be better to keep him as there might be more opertunities before Christmas

Hendo milner wjini kieta fabinho. Ox back around christmas and fekir still possible but not probable. Maybe grujic staying would be good but his game time would be very limited. That been said maybe 7 players for those 3 spots would be a good thing for rotation.

martyos121 wrote:
    I’d be throwing crazy money at Martins in particular. He’s as quick as Mane and can last the full 90 no bother. His technical skills aren’t quite there yet (he’s still not bad though) but he’d improve so quickly with us I’d imagine, like Salah has but maybe to a lesser extent. He’s the perfect man to rotate with Mane and Salah, throw Shaqiri in on top of that and we have the depth up front that a big club needs.

Dream move imo. Id take carvalho as fabinhos back up also.

They would be the types of moves that would have people really taking us seriously next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Is it just me or does the Lyon statement look like it was put together by someone using google translate?

"Although the club Liverpool has been the priority of a possible transfer of Nabil, and subject to other proposals consistent with the interest of Nabil and OL and from ambitious clubs, Olympique Lyonnais is delighted soon to be able to count on the presence of his captain who is a leading rookie for this season 2018/2019 during which the club will play the Champions League being in the 3rd hat of the draw."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It's probably nothing but

https://twitter.com/alves_marcus/status/1006227293369401345

with specific reference by the journalist to Bruno Fernandes having been watched by LFC in a reply.

• Advertisement

I haven’t heard it a friend texted me and said Reddy was on TAW today and said to paraphrase her.

Fekir is a Paul McGrath when it comes to training.

He is match ready but can’t train full time.

Who was the Spurs CB who couldn't run nearly? Mid-late 90s

edit Ledley King!

King.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

I haven’t heard it a friend texted me and said Reddy was on TAW today and said to paraphrase her.

Shouldnt be playing international football if that is the case,it will shorten his career considerably.

Shouldnt be playing international football if that is the case,it will shorten his career considerably.

Chance to win a World Cup who is going to give that up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Are you perhaps combining players? Anderton was an attacker, but like that in the 90's. King was like that at CB, but very much 2000's.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

If true moving to Liverpool with the pressing game will shorten it far quicker tbh....

I just can't recall dates/periods unless it's from the 19th century I'm so old

Memory goes first in the good old boys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Harry's not a good old boy, he's from a before time, when the universe was still in flux and giants bestrode the cosmos. Some say it was he who crafted the infinity stones, some say he gave god his first job as an apprentice all we know is that he's called by at least two names.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Harry's so old, he's father to his own Da.

His age can only be measured using carbon 14 dating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Knex. wrote: »
    Harry's so old, he's father to his own Da.

His age can only be measured using carbon 14 dating.

If you cut in to count the rings, you just get the infinity symbol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Memory goes first in the good old boys.

YEEEEEHAAAAA! Pass the spitoon!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Whatever about being the worst, there are definitely a higher number of eejits here than normal!

Offseason exacerbates it somewhat too. Fixtures being released in 2 days should help with that though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Echo now saying we could snap up Gelson Martins for free.

Wouldn't be a bad bit of business, that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Vicxas wrote: »
    Echo now saying we could snap up Gelson Martins for free.

Wouldn't be a bad bit of business, that.

Half the Sporting squad will be available for nothing at this rate. We're being linked with a lad named Fernandes too.

If I didn't know better, I'd reckon that Carvalho, Rui Patricio and one or two others will all rock up at Wolves due to the Mendes connection!!

Anyone else there worth a look? What about that Coates fella? :cool::p

Amazing how quiet it is now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Dickerty wrote: »
    Amazing how quiet it is now!

Ssssssshhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Did I miss something?

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Did I miss something?

Yeh, we had a vote, all posting is now banned.

Ciao.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Was listening to it last night and iirc she said basically every 2 months he gets a rest period of sorts and his his own training plan day to day separately. From listening to her you could see why the club had its hesitations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

klose wrote: »
    Was listening to it last night and iirc she said basically every 2 months he gets a rest period of sorts and his his own training plan day to day separately. From listening to her you could see why the club had its hesitations.

Doesn't sound gegenpress-friendly at all. Pity.

corwill wrote: »
    Doesn't sound gegenpress-friendly at all. Pity.

And that is a judgement call. They don't know if that is enough to put further strain on the healed ligament. So maybe what the scans showed was imperfect healing because they still play him every week, doesn't get prolonged rest, or it never healed fully in the first place...

So which Liverpool player will go furthest in the World Cup.

Firmino would be the safe bet.

However I think Mane could go deep into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

So which Liverpool player will go furthest in the World Cup.

Firmino would be the safe bet.

However I think Mane could go deep into it.

The quicker they're home, uninjured, the better, but that's just me. Bar the players' own states of mind, it's all downside for us.

Jordan Henderson and TAA of course!

I really hope we sign someone with pace to fight it out with salah and mane. Pulisic martins maybe even sterling??? Oh how that full circle would make me smile.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Mr.H wrote: »
    I really hope we sign someone with pace to fight it out with salah and mane. Pulisic martins maybe even sterling??? Oh how that full circle would make me smile.

Chances of us signing Sterling this summer are right up there with the chances of us signing Messi this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

5starpool wrote: »
    Mr.H wrote: »

Chances of us signing Sterling this summer are right up there with the chances of us signing Messi this summer.
    No chance at all but I really hope we look for pace up top, even 2 , pacey forwards,
    Keeper,
    Phil (replacement
    Pacey forward 
    That's what we need ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

5starpool wrote: »

SneakyHandsomeAssassinbug-size_restricted.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Sterling?! I’d rather go back to talking about Clint Dempsey than even mention that greedy yoke.

Sterling wants £350k a week so there is no chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Whatever about incomings ,who do you think will be sold /sought ?

For me.

Migs 12-15 mill

Divock 12-20 mill

Sturridge 5 -10 mill

Most likely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

I know the market is scewed but I'd be amazed if we got 15-20m for Origi. More likely some top Serie A team will come in with a loan offer/option to buy and not buy in the end even though he banged in 50 goals.

I know the market is scewed but I'd be amazed if we got 15-20m for Origi. More likely some top Serie A team will come in with a loan offer/option to buy and not buy in the end even though he banged in 50 goals.

His age and profile is why my valuation is such,has talent

His age and profile is why my valuation is such,has talent

True but it would require being fortunate I think in finding the right buyer. From what I read his loan at Wolfsburg was quite disappointing in a world cup season to boot.

Don't think his name would be prominent in most clubs mind as 15-20m priority but I hope I'm wrong!!

Whatever about incomings ,who do you think will be sold /sought ?

For me.

Migs 12-15 mill

Divock 12-20 mill

Sturridge 5 -10 mill

Most likely

Sounds about right. None of this summers exits will be a money spinner on it's own but all the bits and bobs add up to a decent player.

Maybe I'm well wide of the mark on this one so. :D

Forgot markovic .. 5 mill maybe

• Advertisement

Of course we wont sign sterling. He is merely the profile of player we need rather than being the exact player. I would have a silly smile if we did sign him but that would only be on the basis of how things have changed. But the reality is we will stay clear and for good reason. I would obviously rather pulisic. Think i might have mentioned that at one point. Dont know if anyone seen it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement