Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Pulisic is all hype for me, a transfer for the wrong reason (namely the American connection) if it happened. Sooner have Dembele for 2 years on loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd like us to bring in a CB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Unless Pulisic puts in a transfer request and an over the top offer comes in he wont be leaving BVB. His father has already laughed off the idea of him moving and pointed out himself that his son didnt have a good season.

Add to that that Favre is coming in as trainer in Dortmund and they have a full bank account after selling Auba..and Dembele

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Man City offered Sterling all the money today and he said no. We wouldn't be at the races wage wise. I quite like Sterling tbh I'm not sure he's as much of a d*ck as I want him to be. He had a great year, has improved but we got a good price for him at the time. He seems to draw a lot of derision and not just from us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Dickerty wrote: »
    Shaqiri is a no-brainer for me - he's 26, 70 international caps, quick, direct, good set piece taker. If you ignore that he came from Stoke (like ignoring Robertson came from relegated Hull, or VVD/Mane from Soton), it's a great price for a squad attacker. Better option to have than Wilson or Ojo...

hyperrpg-game-reaction-ygBJK6e3zWdpzCUcnp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

True but it would require being fortunate I think in finding the right buyer. From what I read his loan at Wolfsburg was quite disappointing in a world cup season to boot.

Don't think his name would be prominent in most clubs mind as 15-20m priority but I hope I'm wrong!!

Goals keep teams up, and for the right team, I think he'll get a lot. Would be a monster signing for Newcastle for instance. He has so much to offer - big and strong and can hold up the ball, technically gifted, quick and a decent eye for goal.

For context, Huddersfield paid 12 million pounds for Steve Mounie last season, and Origi is better than him in literally every single way.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Man City offered Sterling all the money today and he said no. We wouldn't be at the races wage wise. I quite like Sterling tbh I'm not sure he's as much of a d*ck as I want him to be. He had a great year, has improved but we got a good price for him at the time. He seems to draw a lot of derision and not just from us.

Yeah, after the initial jilted lover's anger I had, I've actually got a soft spot for him now. Clearly works very hard on improving his game, taking direction really well from Pep, and seems a generally decent chap. Horrible to see the vitriol the English media level at him from week to week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

I'd like us to bring in a CB.

10-4 good buddy I agree..

We got ourselves a convoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,959 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I see L'Equipe are reporting that Atletico Madrid have signed Lemar.
    There's another option gone.

banie01 wrote: »

So griezmann is off then ;)

Hedley was clearly not on the radar this summer.

not yet wrote: »
    10-4 good buddy I agree..

We got ourselves a convoy.

s-l300.jpg

• Advertisement

Can't see Atletico paying anywhere near the €100m price tag he had on him for English clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

I miss the good old days of being pissed off that we missed out on a signing because I knew exactly who the player was and what they'd contribute to the team.

These days, to be perfectly honest, I do not have a notion of who we're signing - Fekir, Lemar, Limahl etc - and so it's impossible to feel like we 'missed out'. I might be alone on this but I suspect I'm not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,959 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Can't see Atletico paying anywhere near the €100m price tag he had on him for English clubs.

Neither can I unless Atletico shaft Barca on the transfer fee for Griezeman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

€65m apparently

Edit: Bouhafsi reporting €60m with a huge sell on clause

The other big Spanish clubs have some money to throw about these days.

Lazio keeper now being linked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭Cartman78

mosstin wrote: »
    I miss the good old days of being pissed off that we missed out on a signing because I knew exactly who the player was and what they'd contribute to the team.

These days, to be perfectly honest, I do not have a notion of who we're signing - Fekir, Lemar, Limahl etc - and so it's impossible to feel like we 'missed out'. I might be alone on this but I suspect I'm not.

Yep...with you there 100%.....Fekir and Lamar could be sat out in my back garden and I wouldn't know who they were.

Bring back the glory days of the Dean Saunders and Mark Wright transfer sagas on Ceefax :-)

Strakosha? (Not sure if that’s spelled correctly) :D

Wouldn’t really say he is better than what ye have there, his distribution is certainly better but overall think he would be level with Karius

and talk of Grujic to Lazio, hmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

astradave wrote: »
    Strakosha? (Not sure if that’s spelled correctly) :D

Wouldn’t really say he is better than what ye have there, his distribution is certainly better but overall think he would be level with Karius

Very young as well... would kind of like someone with a bit more experience and mental stability under their belt. Not an old head necessarily, but proven over a decent number of seasons - 26, 27ish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

mosstin wrote: »

Missing out on Costa but pulling it out of the bag by signing Dunkin Donuts shortly after..........

More innocent times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

daithijjj wrote: »
    Missing out on Costa but pulling it out of the bag by signing Dunkin Donuts shortly after..........

More innocent times.

I remember that post........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

DfjkOLRX0AABItI.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Liverpool home and away kits 2018-19

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Is the 3rd kit still the bright orange one or will that change too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

TAA looks like Moe Zscylak there.

Is the 3rd kit still the bright orange one or will that change too?

That is changing to White/grey number based on 89 kit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Sappy404 wrote: »

So... will our new away chant be 'I love you, you love me, we're a hap-py fam-il-y'...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Fair to say that new away strip is rank

Did Liverpool ever lose a game wearing toxic thunder?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Did Liverpool ever lose a game wearing toxic thunder?

Toxic thunder was the yellow/green highlighter thing from 2 years ago. I'm pretty sure we lost games in that. In the Orange one last season though I don't think we did, and generally hammered teams when wearing it.

So we are prepared to pay the €60m buyout clause Barca have on Cillessen who has played a handful of games in the last two seasons.

However we aren't prepared to pay the €65m price tag Roma have on Alisson one of the top 3 keepers in Europe last season.

That's what I love about transfer season.

Anyway hopefully the former Spain manager and new Madrid manager had enough time to get into DeGea's ear and convince him to go to Madrid before he was sacked this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

The new away kit is boss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

ush wrote: »
    The new away kit is boss.

Boss?

What happened to New Balance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,878 ✭✭✭RayCon

So we are prepared to pay the €60m buyout clause Barca have on Cillessen who has played a handful of games in the last two seasons.

However we aren't prepared to pay the €65m price tag Roma have on Alisson one of the top 3 keepers in Europe last season.

That's what I love about transfer season.

Anyway hopefully the former Spain manager and new Madrid manager had enough time to get into DeGea's ear and convince him to go to Madrid before he was sacked this morning.

It depends who you believe. Both Joyce and Pearce tweeted in February that we'd moved on from Alisson and they've said nothing on him since. I wouldn't be surprised if we did move on, especially as the price being quoted lately is £70m (not €65m). As you alluded though, the rumours can't all be true.

Sappy404 wrote: »
    It depends who you believe. Both Joyce and Pearce tweeted in February that we'd moved on from Alisson and they've said nothing on him since. I wouldn't be surprised if we did move on, especially as the price being quoted lately is £70m (not €65m). As you alluded though, the rumours can't all be true.

They both Tweeted that we signed Fekir as well.

Neither knew anything about Fab till the club announced it.

Even the ITK journo's really don't know anything these days.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Well no they didn't. They tweeted it was due to be completed, which it was. ITK types tweeted it was done, multiple times, in a bid to look the most ITK'y. Pearce and Joyce are far from infallible, but they are by far among the more reliable ones.

I don't even bother reading anything other than headlines or what happens to be posted here in terms of who we are being linked with now as it is 99% all rubbish. Most of it doesn't even makes sense.

5starpool wrote: »
    Well no they didn't. They tweeted it was due to be completed, which it was. ITK types tweeted it was done, multiple times, in a bid to look the most ITK'y. Pearce and Joyce are far from infallible, but they are by far among the more reliable ones.

I don't even bother reading anything other than headlines or what happens to be posted here in terms of who we are being linked with now as it is 99% all rubbish. Most of it doesn't even makes sense.

Most of the serious targets that are linked aren’t rubbish thought over the last couple of seasons.

They do make interesting topics to discuss.

Alisson, Fekir & Fab are the main three this summer by the look of it and each one of them are players that would strengthen the first team.

Discussing on if they join or not or who is being lined up as replacement targets is fun especially when there is no football on.

• Advertisement

Neither knew anything about Fab till the club announced it.

Even the ITK journo's really don't know anything these days.

They reported a fee was agreed, which it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

DfjkOLRX0AABItI.jpg

Dammit, it's already bringing out the violet tendencies in some of our players...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Looks gick to me, but they could be wearing black bags for all I care as long as they're banging in goals.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Boss?

The only Boss it looks to me is "How ya Boss"

Buvac as agreed terms with Fenerbahce to be the manager there pipping out Moyes for the job is in the Echo.

Comolli is now there as well.

2026 - Wrestlemania and World Cup final at MetLife

5starpool wrote: »
    Well no they didn't. They tweeted it was due to be completed., which it was. ITK types tweeted it was done, multiple times, in a bid to look the most ITK'y. Pearce and Joyce are far from infallible, but they are by far among the more reliable ones.

A handshaking reply pretty much say done deal to me from Pearce.

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/1004819046917959681

Joyce saying Liverpool seal the deal again pretty much say the deal is done.

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1004823029002788865

A handshaking reply pretty much say done deal to me from Pearce.

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/1004819046917959681

Joyce saying Liverpool seal the deal again pretty much say the deal is done.

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1004823029002788865

I think the problem is that, journalists have got good at wording tweets that they can be interpreted in a number of ways. Little things like the handshake could mean an agreement between player and club or club and club. Putting the “to” in the second tweet can be used so that if the deal falls thru they can say that they were informed it was going to happen but never said it did happen.

astradave wrote: »
    I think the problem is that, journalists have got good at wording tweets that they can be interpreted in a number of ways. Little things like the handshake could mean an agreement between player and club or club and club. Putting the “to” in the second tweet can be used so that if the deal falls thru they can say that they were informed it was going to happen but never said it did happen.

Then when you have the so called two most reliable ITK Journo's connected to the club doing that you can see that they are just after the social media hits as much as the spoofers Indy, Don Balon etc..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Then when you have the so called two most reliable ITK Journo's connected to the club doing that you can see that they are just after the social media hits as much as the spoofers Indy, Don Balon etc..

Indy has turned a corner and is really funny these days!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement