Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Quick question folks regarding membership,mine has been renewed for another season and I got a leaflet in the post today from LFC but it didn't have any card with it,do they send a new card or do I just keep last seasons

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Quick question folks regarding membership,mine has been renewed for another season and I got a leaflet in the post today from LFC but it didn't have any card with it,do they send a new card or do I just keep last seasons

Keep last seasons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Good stuff - top of table end of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Griezmann stays at Atleti. Why can't we get players like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

ballyargus wrote: »

Because they stay at Atleti.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

We have Salah who is better than Griezmann.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

If we get five years out of Salah we'll be doing well.

Any chance of us going for Mahrez or is he going to city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I mean, it's great and everything, but he did also leave Sociedad to go to Atleti in the first place... player's will do what's right for them in any given set of circumstances, and that's alright. We shouldn't really expect any more of them than that.

brevity wrote: »
    I think people are being a bit dismissive of Can. I mean it's Juventus who are after him, not some mid-table crowd.

I think he's a fine player. He's younger than Ox too so plenty of time to improve.

Would have been to good to keep him but I don't think he wanted to stay.

I couldn’t agree more.

I know he’s played centre back at under age for Germany so I was hoping he’d either play there for us or maybe play there as he got a little older.

I think he’s a great loss to our squad.

• Advertisement

If we get five years out of Salah we'll be doing well.

..... and Mane too...... https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/sadio-mane-those-real-madrid-14781215

"........And when asked directly by Austrian newspaper Salzburger Nachrichten whether he was moving to Real Madrid, Mane said: “I am very happy in Liverpool and my contract will last for three more years.”

The next question asked if he was staying in Liverpool, to which Mane replied: “As I said, I'm happy in Liverpool.

“But you never know what will happen in the future. I want to win trophies, especially the Champions League.” ............ "

You'd imagine/hope he'll get another chance with us of winning a major trophy soon.

He really stepped up when Salah went off in the CL final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Mané doesn't strike me as a player that would agitate for a move if we were doing well, assuming we were looking after him financially. But do all players coming out of Africa (first or second generation, I mean) want to play for Barca or Real?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Dickerty wrote: »
    Mané doesn't strike me as a player that would agitate for a move if we were doing well, assuming we were looking after him financially. But do all players coming out of Africa (first or second generation, I mean) want to play for Barca or Real?
    Liverpool and Mane  currently or shortly in talks about an improved contract,
    Makes total sense for him to throw the you never know in at the end so he can get himself a better deal ,
    I can't see Mane leaving anytime soon ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

If Liverpool step up to the next level and start winning trophies then it will become the club players want to go to and we won't be worried as much about losing our best players.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Dickerty wrote: »
    Manoesn't strike me as a player that would agitate for a move if we were doing well, assuming we were looking after him financially. But do all players coming out of Africa (first or second generation, I mean) want to play for Barca or Real?

Coutinho didn't strike people as that way inclined either.

However, I don't see Mane as someone that Real will try to sign. He is a fine player, but not consistent enough to be anything like a replacement for Ronaldo/Bale.

We'd only find out if a player is inclined to take more drastic actions if they are in the situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

5starpool wrote: »
    Coutinho didn't strike people as that way inclined either.

Well expect for the 2 years or so that he was so inclined! And I think it's different for South American's, they all dream of Spain and the big 2...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

If I was worried about Mané going anywhere it'd be Bayern. He's not a Galactico but he could replace Robben/Ribery in Munich, hoover up some domestic cups and have a tilt at the CL, plus he's played in Germany before.

Mane had no problem agitating for a move away from Southampton.

If he wants to leave us for a different club I’d expect more of the same.

Same as any other player really. I’ll enjoy him, and anyone else that plays for us, for as long as they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If Salah starts today I have a feeling the first thing Uruguay are going to do is target his shoulder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

Salah doesn't start, I'm not sure if I'm happy or disappointed by that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

If Salah starts today I have a feeling the first thing Uruguay are going to do is target his shoulder.

Wouldn't begrudge Luis an oul nibble anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

I'd guess Egypt fancy their chances against Russia and Saudi Arabia more than Uruguay so better to save him for those games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

.red. wrote: »
    Salah doesn't start, I'm not sure if I'm happy or disappointed by that.

Far more important that he's fit for the other 2 games I suppose. Makes sense to drop him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Have a bad feeling Salah shoulder injury will need an opeartion after the WC.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

MD1990 wrote: »

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Daemonic wrote: »
    I'd guess Egypt fancy their chances against Russia and Saudi Arabia more than Uruguay so better to save him for those games.

I think the Uruguay game has come too soon for Salah. Had they been drawn in the last group and have an extra few days till their first game he might have started. Also I think the manager has looked at Uruguay's centre-halves, Godin & Gimenez, and realised they're just the lads to knock Salah's shoulder about.

Essentially though, you're right - I think Cuper is targeting Russia and the Saudi's, giving Salah more time to get fit and actually be effective. Although, at the same time, I think he knows that they need a point today due to Russia scoring 5 yesterday.... or they'll need to beat Russia to avoid going out on GD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Liverpool to host Torino at Anfield as the last friendly of the summer on 7th August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Insufferable twats? We've had a few.

Seriously, the whole decision thing has been a cringey embarrassing affair with narcissism, and is actually quite insulting for Atleti in how he's borderline attempting to elevate himself to a deity like figure within the club.

If Ronaldo did that when at United he'd have been lambasted from every news outlet and fan alike.

Griezmann has just put himself onto a list entitled, "monumental helmet", alongside familiar names such as Joey Barton, Bob Geldof, and that lad who lives around the corner from me who wanders around singing his own ****e raps songs, wearing a wife beater in freezing temperatures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Yeah first time I've realised Griezmann is rivalling the biggest prima donnas in the game in the knob end self importance stakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It's got to the stage I'd be quite happy for him to join someone I hate just so I can hate him more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Daemonic wrote: »

He might get some game time yet - Egypt soaking up the pressure so far, might fancy a bit of magic from the King to nick a sneaky one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Yeah first time I've realised Griezmann is rivalling the biggest prima donnas in the game in the knob end self importance stakes.
    Its the likes of Griezmann and Pogba why I can't see France winning the world cup 4 weeks every day with the same people them prima donna will fall out with someone ,

Jeez, that's a tough one - Uruguay nick in the last minute of normal time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Sounds like Uruguay seen Salah is not coming on and what Egypt have on the pitch is not hurting them so they pushed on more without worry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Be happy to see Russia beat Egypt in the next game and Salah to have an early return home to get fit and ready for us for the next season. Call it greedy but **** it i hope the same for all lfc players at the tournament.

• Advertisement

Sounds like Uruguay seen Salah is not coming on and what Egypt have on the pitch is not hurting them so they pushed on more without worry

To be fair, it was a good header from a decent set piece in a game where Egypt were dealing pretty well with the pressure without Mo - Uruguay just took their chance from a free and only had one shot on target more than Egypt - they were clearly more dominant but Egypt weren't being played off the park. Mo looked devastated, would be great for him to have two good games but can't deny I'd be happy to see him heading home after the group without any further damage...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Ah i'd love to see Salah go as far as he can in the tournament and have a great world cup.
    It'd be devastating for the lad after the season hes had if he only gets 25 minutes of a Cl final and a bit part sub role in a WC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

MD1990 wrote: »

This.

I've suspected this for some time. If Salah is not fit, then he should not be pi55ing about in Russia he should be getting the treatment he needs. By the time Egypt get knocked out, it will be 5 or 6 weeks after the original injury. I personally couldn't give a sh1te how Egypt get on in the world Cup, and I certainly don't want him to miss a couple of months before Xmas getting the treatment he should be getting now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This.

I've suspected this for some time. If Salah is not fit, then he should not be pi55ing about in Russia he should be getting the treatment he needs. By the time Egypt get knocked out, it will be 5 or 6 weeks after the original injury. I personally couldn't give a sh1te how Egypt get on in the world Cup, and I certainly don't want him to miss a couple of months before Xmas getting the treatment he should be getting now.

Meh, it's the world cup and he's a living legend for the Egyptian people. The best outcome we can get out of this is that he scores a memorable goal against Russia; another against KSA and they go out of the tournament on goal difference. He's happy; Egypt is happy; and we can be happy with him back in Liverpool for treatment post holiday in late July getting ready for the year ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

DDG eh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

David de karius

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

DDG eh

Great to see other keepers make absolute hash of a shot, especially him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

David de karius

De Gea’s was much worse given he wasn’t even concussed. I’m really enjoying Ronaldo tonight for a change. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Maybe we can make De Gea/Karius comparisons after all...

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Maybe we can make De Gea/Karius comparisons after all...

Harsh on Karius

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Costas elbow on pepe somehow concussed ddg,only explanation that makes sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Costas elbow on pepe somehow concussed ddg,only explanation that makes sense

That was beautiful. Seeing a cynical cryarse like Pepe getting twatted, play continuing and a goal ensuing was a joy to behold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

We really really like him...

Ronaldo is a first class dick,but you gotta hand it to him in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Ronaldo is a first class dick,but you gotta hand it to him in fairness

Game changer in fairness...

I'm watching the match in Barca and its mad watching them cheer when he scored against Spain, then their guilt kicks in and they go quiet, ha ha...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement