Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

Fieldog wrote: »
    Game changer in fairness...

I'm watching the match in Barca and its mad watching them cheer when he scored against Spain, then their guilt kicks in and they go quiet, ha ha...

Ya sure you're not in Madrid? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Augeo wrote: »
    Ya sure you're not in Madrid? :pac:

Positive...

They hate Spain where I am for the most part... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Allison has agreed terms with Real Madrid it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Allison has agreed terms with Real Madrid it seems.

Where does that leave DDG?

Staying at united I would imagine...

Can't really blame Alison as a south American going for them over us...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Oblak dee, Oblak daa, life goes on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Costas elbow on pepe somehow concussed ddg,only explanation that makes sense

I think I'm concussed myself.... went into the Utd thread and slipped on all the spunk spilled due to Ronnie :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Dont like Pepe, dont like Costa..

But I think two wrongs actually made it right for a change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

~Rebel~ wrote: »

You're such a walrus. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Advertisement

~Rebel~ wrote: »

What are the chances though ?

If Allison is off to Real then surely (hopefully) that doesn’t mean Karius is still number 1 ?

Klopp has shown he can be stubborn if not getting his first choice.

I’d lose any hope I have if Kauris is our first choice when the season starts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Weirdly Courtious (sp) is also linked this morning - RM can't be signing two keepers for about 100m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Weirdly Courtious (sp) is also linked this morning - RM can't be signing two keepers for about 100m.

The reports are that they had a bid of €40m rejected by Chelsea...

I’d say Chelsea laughed in their faces there

Just reading Mourinhio moaning we have home games after our CL games. Anything to get a few headlines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Funnily enough, he doesn't mention that we are away from home before all six group games.

I think it's a nonsense argument either way, mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

VVD new chief scout

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/amp/news/first-team/304603-virgil-van-dijk-andy-robertson-liverpool-fc
    Indeed, Van Dijk first encountered Robertson when his Celtic team took on Dundee United in the Scottish Premiership back in August 2013.

And, while the visitors would go on to run out 2-0 winners at Tannadice, the opposition’s No.26 made a lasting impression on the Dutchman.

“Robbo is doing fantastic. Obviously when I came to Celtic, in my first season he played at Dundee United and I already thought he’s a very good player and I thought at that time he should join Celtic!” Van Dijk reveals, on LFC’s official 2017-18 end-of-season DVD.

“I think I said it to one of the scouting guys as well - sometimes I like to give my opinion on players. He’s just a great player, [he] works hard. If you need ratings of a game, I don’t think he’d ever go lower than a six.

“You can trust him and the connection I have with him is getting better every game. He knows obviously what he has in me, and I get it the other way around as well. He’s a good guy as well and that obviously helps too.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭dogbert27

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I’m nearly happier with the Robbo signing than Salah in some ways. We were pretty good up front before Salah arrived (and we’re world class now obviously) but Robbo filled a massive void at left back for us and actually made it one of the strongest positions in our starting eleven. On top of that, everything I read about him since he signed has only heightened my opinion of him as a person. If I was still the sort to buy a jersey with a name on the back, it’d be Robertson 100%.

Also, that tackle in the Champions League final. One of the best I’ve seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Fekir’s transfer fee coming down nicely...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Regarding Robertson, what i like so much is that he passed under the radar until Liverpool signed him and even then there were few who were enthused about him joining. Whoever saw those attributes in the scouting dept needs a pat on the back. Also, maybe it's just me but i think Klopp is excellent at getting the best out of players and getting them to realise their full potential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Only weird thing about the Robertson signing is his lack of a role in the first half of the season. For such a low fee I don't think any fan had a reason to lack enthusiasm towards him.....nor excitement. Very much a wait and see signing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Fekir’s transfer fee coming down nicely...

If the reports re his knee are to believed - and the number of games he's missed suggests that there's truth in it - I don't want him. It's huge money for a player who's apparently as brittle as he is talented. Hope we move on.

A list of all the pre season games all time BST.

UK games.
    Liverpool v Chester FC – 3pm, Saturday July 7
    Liverpool v Tranmere Rovers – 7.30pm, Wednesday July 11
    Liverpool v Bury – 3pm, Saturday July 14
    Liverpool v Blackburn Rovers – 7.45pm, Thursday July 19

US games.
    Liverpool v Borussia Dortmund – 9.05pm, Sunday July 22
    Liverpool v Manchester City – 1.05am, Thursday July 26
    Liverpool v Manchester United – 10.05pm, Saturday July 28

Dublin Game.
    Liverpool v Napoli – 6pm, Saturday August 4

Anfield.
    Liverpool v Torino – 7.30pm, Tuesday August 7

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/tour-2018/304506-liverpool-fc-pre-season-2018

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Sign Halldórsson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Thinking about keepers what about Kasper Schmeicel lads? Good keeper imo, much better than mignolet and karius, good option if we are been priced out of the market for other highly rated keepers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,737 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

rob316 wrote: »
    Thinking about keepers what about Kasper Schmeicel lads? Good keeper imo, much better than mignolet and karius, good option if we are been priced out of the market for other highly rated keepers.

I’d say whatever keeper we buy (if we buy one), we’ll be paying well over the odds for him!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

lol at the lad for Peru, that was the worst penalty i've ever seen, worse than baggio. He didn't even seem ashamed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

J Mysterio wrote: »
    lol at the lad for Peru, that was the worst penalty i've ever seen, worse than baggio. He didn't even seem ashamed.

He was concentrating too much on a stupid run up.

I still think there will be twists in the Alisson, DDG, Oblak & Courtois transfer stories.

I wouldn't be surprised if Courtois & DDG both end up in Madrid next season leaving Alisson & Oblak still up for grabs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Long time lurker,first time poster,a quick question,heading to Liverpool the weekend of the 25th of August,would love to try go to the Brighton match if it was on the Saturday,when will the TV schedules be published

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Told today by a journalist close to bvb and an old friend of Klopp that he nor Fekir have given up hope of a move in July. Lyon are unwilling to put a move through until the new financial year for the club. Player wants Liverpool and has made it clear to Lyon....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I still reckon we will sign Fekir after the world cup also. Goalkeeper is the key signing to make this summer. No more punts or cheap alternatives for such an important position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

ricero wrote: »
    I still reckon we will sign Fekir after the world cup also. Goalkeeper is the key signing to make this summer. No more punts or cheap alternatives for such an important position.

Sure he would fine for twenty minutes a game,i doubt he will be signed ,next target please

First Liverpool player about to take part in the World Cup in a minute, good old Nervol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

There were photos of Salah having to be helped into his training top by his teammates today or yesterday. Not exactly great for him.

Could be a surgery is pending for him once his WC is finished.

Edit: here it is

https://twitter.com/ahmadelghareab/status/1008018365359812614

I actually agree with you for once!! :pac::pac:

I think the deal is still alive and it's down to this issue of the financial year with Lyon.

Liverpool aren't in a rush to sign the player as he's involved in the world cup and the further France progress the longer it will take for him to start pre-season so there is no need to force the transfer with Lyon.

Probably an agreement has been made that the transfer will go through after the world cup and the start of the new financial year for Lyon.

Story leaked about a dodgy knee to turn off other teams and Lyon issue statement to say their delighted he'll be with them next season.

Knex. wrote: »
    There were photos of Salah having to be helped into his training top by his teammates today or yesterday. Not exactly great for him.

I’m terrified of him playing even one minute in this competition now. Russia and Saudi Arabia are going to target that shoulder every chance they get.

Knex. wrote: »

Edit: here it is

https://twitter.com/ahmadelghareab/status/1008018365359812614

Wasn't it Balotelli who couldn't get his bib on by himself either!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I obviously want him to be fit for the start of the season, but Egypt is hugely important to him and I wouldn't begrudge him the chance to appear in the World Cup.

dogbert27 wrote: »
    I actually agree with you for once!! :pac::pac:

I think the deal is still alive and it's down to this issue of the financial year with Lyon.

Liverpool aren't in a rush to sign the player as he's involved in the world cup and the further France progress the longer it will take for him to start pre-season so there is no need to force the transfer with Lyon.

Probably an agreement has been made that the transfer will go through after the world cup and the start of the new financial year for Lyon.

Story leaked about a dodgy knee to turn off other teams and Lyon issue statement to say their delighted he'll be with them next season.

I think we will sign martins instead

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    I’m terrified of him playing even one minute in this competition now. Russia and Saudi Arabia are going to target that shoulder every chance they get.

There was an interview with a Russian defender who was asked how do you stop Mo Salah?

His answer was do what Sergio Ramos did as it worked! :eek::mad:

I was annoyed when I first read it but when I read it again I took it as a dig at Ramos as the Russian defender said it is good for him to play against a genius like Salah and learn how to be a better player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

If he was to require shoulder surgery how long do you reckon he would be out of action ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,959 ✭✭✭✭banie01

If he was to require shoulder surgery how long do you reckon he would be out of action ?

Having had AC surgery I can say from experience it's an absolute bollox of an injury. Could easily be a 6month recovery.
    Good indicator that surgery isn't needed tho is that he isn't in a sling, and that the Egyptian F.A announced a short while ago he is fit to face Russia and Saudi.

Just read if it's to do with tendons the recovery could take up to 6 months! :eek:

If true I would be really pissed that he was allowed to waste nearly two months for the World Cup.

On the other hand I read that most shoulder injuries don't require surgery so maybe he should be back to normal for pre-season.

I think we will sign martins instead

I don't know.

Fekir obviously missed the 15/16 season with the cruciate ligament injury but he missed 3 games the next season and 7 games last season.

That wouldn't suggest he's any more injury prone then say Henderson for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Just read if it's to do with tendons the recovery could take up to 6 months! :eek:

If true I would be really pissed that he was allowed to waste nearly two months for the World Cup.

On the other hand I read that most shoulder injuries don't require surgery so maybe he should be back to normal for pre-season.

Why would you get drunk and celebrate Salah being out so long?

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »
    Why would you get drunk and celebrate Salah being out so long?

It's the sorrow drowning type of getting pissed for Salah being out so long. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

J Mysterio wrote: »

Zaza was farrrrr worst

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Amy proper reports of fekirs knee??
    Mandzukic would be a great buy imo

Amy proper reports of fekirs knee??
    Mandzukic would be a great buy imo

Well the post above earlier from the ITK who spoke to a journo friend of Klopp say it's nothing to do with his knee just Lyon want to do the deal in the next financial year.

Well the post above earlier from the ITK who spoke to a journo friend of Klopp say it's nothing to do with his knee just Lyon want to do the deal in the next financial year.

they got to the the stage of telling journalists the deal was done and then changed their minds,i doubt it, who be a better signing ,martins or fekir ? I would think martins,a year younger,a better fitness record,class player and could be available at a much cheaper cost per annum

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement