Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭rob316

If there was any chance he needed surgery Liverpool wouldnt have released him to egypt, it would have been done already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

J Mysterio wrote: »
    lol at the lad for Peru, that was the worst penalty i've ever seen, worse than baggio. He didn't even seem ashamed.

Charlie Adam 2012 League cup final .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

they got to the the stage of telling journalists the deal was done and then changed their minds,i doubt it, who be a better signing ,martins or fekir ? I would think martins,a year younger,a better fitness record,class player and could be available at a much cheaper cost per annum

Quite a few Journo's also reported that financial thing as well the day it was supposed to go through before stories of his knee started to appear.

Whatever it is he's not a Liverpool player till he is leaning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Charlie Adam 2012 League cup final .

Earth will be discovered by alien lifeforms when that ball finally lands in another solar system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Mandzukic would be a great buy imo

:eek: what an appalling thought! No lump it up to the big man stuff please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Anyone watch the Croatia game? How did Lovren do?

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    Anyone watch the Croatia game? How did Lovren do?

I could have played CB for Croatia tonight.

He did what he had to do with no real pressure on Croatia at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Few key blocks in there as well, especially one from an Iwobi shot on the volley that looked like it was arrowing into the bottom corner.

I could have played CB for Croatia tonight

Nah you would have actually have brought down Moses ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

After watching todays games, thank god var wasnt around when skrtel played for us.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

To be fair, he can do more than that. A lot of big men can't but he can.
    Would be a good addition, but I don't think that it will happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

they got to the the stage of telling journalists the deal was done and then changed their minds,i doubt it, who be a better signing ,martins or fekir ? I would think martins,a year younger,a better fitness record,class player and could be available at a much cheaper cost per annum

It depends on what ye are looking for, they are both totally different players, Martins is a proper right winger who likes to stay out wide and Fekir is a central player who drifts around behind the striker(s) Fekir can play further back in a midfield 3 too. Martins would be more a back up to Salah but Fekir would be an instant addition to yer midfield beside Fabinho and Keita

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I'd quite like someone to rotate with Firmino, even just an upgrade on Ings/Solanke.

Kovacic would be a good player to get, wants to stay at RM esp with new manager but if Fekir didn't happen he'd be a great alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Told today by a journalist close to bvb and an old friend of Klopp that he nor Fekir have given up hope of a move in July. Lyon are unwilling to put a move through until the new financial year for the club. Player wants Liverpool and has made it clear to Lyon....

I spoke to one of the Aul’wans that work in the canteen at Melwood and she told me she was asked to order a ****load of snails. Make of that what you will....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Technically hes no suarez but any player that plays for bayern and juventus isnt arickie lambert. Did you see him in 2017 champions league final.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I spoke to one of the Aul’wans that work in the canteen at Melwood and she told me she was asked to order a ****load of snails. Make of that what you will....

:pac:

Frogs legs, baguettes and garlic too I heard.

Klopp has convinced Brewster to stay and he has signed his first pro Contract which is a 5 year one.

Brilliant, but he must play him when he's fit again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

He will get some minutes if he is good enough.
    Klopp gives youngster chances. Trent AA last season took his chance.

Ibe & Ojo got chances a few years ago but they did not take there chance.

Sturridge & one of Ings/Solanke will be sold or loaned out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

MD1990 wrote: »
    He will get some minutes if he is good enough.
    Klopp gives youngster chances. Trent AA last season took his chance.

Ibe & Ojo got chances a few years ago but they did not take there chance.

Sturridge & one of Ings/Solanke will be sold or loaned out.

I think harry might have been indicating that it is a condition of the contract that he gets some gametime

I wasn't actually but that could be an issue, mind you I doubt the club would agree to that from some punk kid! :D No I mean if he has signed for the benefit of Liverpool's accountants rather than for his own football chances than it'll be a poor do. No point in keeping him to get 10 mins in a Carabou Cup game at 2-1 down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I wasn't actually but that could be an issue, mind you I doubt the club would agree to that from some punk kid! :D No I mean if he has signed for the benefit of Liverpool's accountants rather than for his own football chances than it'll be a poor do. No point in keeping him to get 10 mins in a Carabou Cup game at 2-1 down.

How old is Brewster?

dogbert27 wrote: »
    How old is Brewster?

Cheers. Definitely Caribou Cup then if he's to get first team chances. Maybe making a few match day bench appearances.

Would he leapfrog Woodburn in the pecking order?

• Advertisement

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Cheers. Definitely Caribou Cup then if he's to get first team chances. Maybe making a few match day bench appearances.

Would he leapfrog Woodburn in the pecking order?

Only games I saw him play were when England won the Under 17 World Cup and he looked great.

He was the the under age player Klopp talked about in his first week on the job when he said we had a special talent in the youth system.

I think it will be hard for him or Woodburn to get games at this stage both 18 both need to go out on loan I would imagine and get regular game time to show what they have a senior level.

Only games I saw him play were when England won the Under 17 World Cup and he looked great.

He was the the under age player Klopp talked about in his first week on the job when he said we had a special talent in the youth system.

I think it will be hard for him or Woodburn to get games at this stage both 18 both need to go out on loan I would imagine and get regular game time to show what they have a senior level.

Ah yeah I remember seeing him in that tournament. Looked fantastic.

I think for those players its the entourage (parents, agents, etc.) that need to be patient and stop pushing players to make transfers for the sake of making money.

With Woodburn making the Wales national team now and scoring there will be people in the background putting pressure on him saying he should move to another club for first team football, get a bigger weekly pay, sponsorships, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Somewhere Markovic is wondering how he got a red card for the same thing that more or less ended his Liverpool career

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Somewhere Markovic is wondering how he got a red card for the same thing that more or less ended his Liverpool career

That and the Alonso red card on Flamini are the 2 worst in history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Milenkovic at CB for Serbia at 6ft 5 looks a very good player.

Looks like we got Serbia's lesser talents in Grujic & Markovic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

potential , it's always at the back of your mind that they have potential. I remember Fowler @ 18. He had no potential, he was already there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Well yes, I'd much rather that than play him when he's got his foot in a cast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

This Mexican young lad Lozano wouldnt be a bad shout to have in the squad for next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

ricero wrote: »
    This Mexican young lad Lozano wouldnt be a bad shout to have in the squad for next season.

There’s bigger clubs than us sniffing around before he even moved to PSV. It’d be difficult to pull off, but my god do I hope we try. I’ve watched PSV matches last season just to see him play, he’s that good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Being absolutely rubbish for Liverpool had nothing to do with it then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

How about his strike partner and old foe Hernandez?

Supposedly not happy at West ham, wouldn't cost too much and he's a proven PL goal scorer. People will say he's past it but the guy is only 30, I actually think he be quite useful squad player and his experience could come in very handy around our young squad.

Charlie19 wrote: »

Supposedly not happy at West ham, wouldn't cost too much and he's a proven PL goal scorer. People will say he's past it but the guy is only 30, I actually think he be quite useful squad player and his experience could come in very handy around our young squad.

You have it backwards,liverpool players past their best go to westham,he has lost all form,have you seen him play in the last year ?

You have it backwards,liverpool players past their best go to westham,he has lost all form,have you seen him play in the last year ?

Yeah I'm watching him now.

According to Wiki he's made 28 league appearances and scored 8, thats not bad at club managed by David.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I realy don't think he's good enough despite what Utd fans think of him.

Was poor for West Ham last season.

murpho999 wrote: »
    I realy don't think he's good enough despite what Utd fans think of him.

Was poor for West Ham last season.

Moyes got rid of him at utd and then took over at West ham in November, so I'm just guessing there might be something between them.

• Advertisement

Moyes got rid of him at utd and then took over at West ham in November, so I'm just guessing there might be something between them.

I would prefer ricky back ,i just cannot see what you are seeing to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Firmino on the bench against Switzerland. Tite went with Gabriel Jesus instead, as expected.

If Bobby wins a World Cup without getting off the bench, I’d be fine with that. :)

You saw the game and you want Hernandez as an option? :eek: He was terrible, diving, falling, tripping, slow to make a pass, hopelessly right footed and not able to really keep up with a counter attack. That he stayed on and Vela subbed was a poor decision they got away with. If that attack had had any of Liverpool's front three it would have been a cricket score.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Mad to think it could happen that Germany and Brazil meet in the 2nd Round....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,737 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    Mad to think it could happen that Germany and Brazil meet in the 2nd Round....

All them Brazilian kids that were crying 4 years ago, would be crying again, just they’d be 4 years older.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Coutinho just got goal of the tournament

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Magician :(

Class in fairness

we might as well pretend his is still with liverpool and follow the ronaldo fans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Great goal obviously, but makes me a little sad to know he no longer wanted to do that for Liverpool.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement