Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

we might as well pretend his is still with liverpool and follow the ronaldo fans

Nah he is gone not a Liverpool player anymore so don't care about him and why cheer for a player who does not play for a team you support or represents your country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Nah he is gone not a Liverpool player anymore so don't care about him and why cheer for a player who does not play for a team you support or represents your country

It was a nice goal,as a soccer fan it is nice to see them,the second comment was tongue in cheek obviously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

**** Coutinho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Nobody said they cheer for him just that he got a cracking goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Coutinho is dead to me.

Firmino is my favourite Brazilian now.

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »
    Coutinho is dead to me.

Firmino is my favourite Brazilian now.

Obviously firmino is all our favourite brazilian player now,time for the butthurt to heal though,the south american players prefer to play for spanish clubs due to language/culture etc ,that goal would be commented on here no matter who scored it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Obviously firmino is all our favourite brazilian player now,time for the butthurt to heal though,the south american players prefer to play for spanish clubs due to language/culture etc ,that goal would be commented on here no matter who scored it

Tell me more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Shaqiri showing why it makes no sense he is a target. Too lazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭dogbert27

MD1990 wrote: »
    Shaqiri showing why it makes no sense he is a target. Too lazy.

I didn't even notice he was on the pitch!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

dogbert27 wrote: »
    I didn't even notice he was on the pitch!

You will when he gets booked or taken off.

• Advertisement

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    You will when he gets booked or taken off.

Found him.

He took a corner!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Second time watching Allison recently, not impressed so far.

Second time watching Allison recently, not impressed so far.

I was thinking that. Should have come out for the corner.

No problem with him going but when they leave Liverpool I pretty much don't care about them.

Also I don't agree that Portuguese speaking Brazilians move to Spanish clubs because of the language.

Watching Shaqiri since I spotted him take the corner!

He doesn't bust a gut to get back and help the defence. I don't believe he'd be able to cope with the style of play our forwards have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

You saw the game and you want Hernandez as an option? :eek: He was terrible, diving, falling, tripping, slow to make a pass, hopelessly right footed and not able to really keep up with a counter attack. That he stayed on and Vela subbed was a poor decision they got away with. If that attack had had any of Liverpool's front three it would have been a cricket score.

Must of been watching a different game, I thought he played very well. He made some intelligent runs, got an assist and held the ball up fairly well. Overall I think our attackers would benefit from the way he plays.

noodler wrote: »
    Tell me more.

More about what,that south american children follow real/barca? Obviously they do

Tis baffling Lucas isn't there :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

we might as well pretend his is still with liverpool and follow the ronaldo fans

And go into all world cup related threads posting GOAT

Damn, looks like Firmino is about to come on. The Swiss side are a bit over physical in the challenges, would prefer him to sit out this game.

• Advertisement

He doesn't bust a gut to get back and help the defence. I don't believe he'd be able to cope with the style of play our forwards have.

How can you say that if he's playing in a different system with a different manager.

Salah doesn't do it either so I don't know how you expect all players to do so.

I think he did well with the goal.

He caused the corner and also delivered a great ball.

A couple of times he played a pass that his team mates didn't expect but it shows he has some vision that might work better with better players. He'd be very good squad player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,203 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Would love if Bobby got the winner here has had couple of chances

murpho999 wrote: »
    How can you say that if he's playing in a different system with a different manager.

Salah doesn't do it either so I don't know how you expect all players to do so.

I think he did well with the goal.

He caused the corner and also delivered a great ball.

A couple of times he played a pass that his team mates didn't expect but it shows he has some vision that might work better with better players. He'd be very good squad player.

As a squad player for 12-13 million I agree it's a good option to come off the bench over Ings and Solanke.

But if one of the front three got a long term injury I don't think he's the first team option.

He'd need a lot of conditioning to get fit enough to match Salah, Mane and Firmino.

Shaqiri for us wouldn't have that job, he'd always be the Plan B. He be there to come on with twenty minutes left to help break down teams playing with 10 man defences.

Shaqiri for us wouldn't have that job, he'd always be the Plan B. He be there to come on with twenty minutes left to help break down teams playing with 10 man defences.

See my point above if one of the front three have a long term injury.

What I would like to see is that the Fekir deal isn't actually dead and we'd sign the likes of Shaqiri for the squad.

See my point above if one of the front three have a long term injury.

What I would like to see is that the Fekir deal isn't actually dead and we'd sign the likes of Shaqiri for the squad.
    Sure, by Plan B I mean Plan C, we need someone ahead of Shaqiri. Fekir would have been perfect if he wasn't crocked.

Sure, by Plan B I mean Plan C, we need someone ahead of Shaqiri. Fekir would have been perfect if he wasn't crocked.

He's not exactly a crock. Missed 7 games this season for Lyon but played 39.

He missed 3 games last season and played 49.

had the cruciate the season before that so it's not exactly affecting him.

I'd say Henderson has been out more for us over the last 2 seasons.

I think the Fekir deal is still alive and there's a bit going on in the background between the two clubs.

As a squad player for 12-13 million I agree it's a good option to come off the bench over Ings and Solanke.

But if one of the front three got a long term injury I don't think he's the first team option.

He'd need a lot of conditioning to get fit enough to match Salah, Mane and Firmino.

If Klopp wants him and signs him then it's good enough for me.

I think the Fekir deal is still alive and there's a bit going on in the background between the two clubs.

Yes. He failed the medical. Liverpool renegotiating on the basis that paying top dollar for Sturridge 2.0 on a five year contract is never going to happen.

• Advertisement

Yes. He failed the medical. Liverpool renegotiating on the basis that paying top dollar for Sturridge 2.0 on a five year contract is never going to happen.

Where do you have it that he failed the medical? All reports say he passed the medical and Liverpool have not said he failed the medical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Augeo wrote: »

It's not really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Ardent wrote: »
    Augeo wrote: »

It's not really

Jokes are fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Dunphy on Alison: ""There's rumours that he'll be coming to Europe, to play for one of the big clubs."

Jesus wept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Dunphy on Alison: ""There's rumours that he'll be coming to Europe, to play for one of the big clubs."

Jesus wept.

Better hurry the fcuk up with that Brexit then so we can sign him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Jesus wept.

I'm always surprised that people are surprised that Dunphy knows dick all about European football. He is the ultimate tabloid analyst.
    Saw him last night dither over who was greater: Messi or Ronaldo. For about a decade, he witheringly spoke about Ronaldo whenever his name was mentioned.
    If the Sunday World took on human form, it would be Dunphy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

mosstin wrote: »
    I'm always surprised that people are surprised that Dunphy knows dick all about European football. He is the ultimate tabloid analyst.
    Saw him last night dither over who was greater: Messi or Ronaldo. For about a decade, he witheringly spoke about Ronaldo whenever his name was mentioned.
    If the Sunday World took on human form, it would be Dunphy.

For the record, I'm not at all surprised!
    Surely time for him to be culled as entertaining/ridiculous as he has been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

dogbert27 wrote:
    Where do you have it that he failed the medical? All reports say he passed the medical and Liverpool have not said he failed the medical.

Im pretty sure all the reports said there was an issue with his knee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Jesus wept.

Jesus would be better advised to concentrate on his own game, looked V poor against the Swiss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Mr.H wrote: »
    Im pretty sure all the reports said there was an issue with his knee

The reports were that he had passed the medical but Liverpool had some concerns over the knee that he previously had surgery on, so tried to renegotiate the price. Could have been simple wear and tear that ,while passing the medical , it could have given them concern that it might happen again.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

astradave wrote: »
    The reports were that he had passed the medical but Liverpool had some concerns over the knee that he previously had surgery on, so tried to renegotiate the price. Could have been simple wear and tear that ,while passing the medical , it could have given them concern that it might happen again.

Various reports with different varieties of a similar story. Hard to know what the truth is. It could be anywhere from Liverpool trying to pull a smart one to save a few quid, to Liverpool not interested unless seriously discounted due to issues and Lyon trying to not have the price drop too much.

It's all speculation really from our viewpoint, and none of the 'sources' in it are entirely reliable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

5starpool wrote: »
    Various reports with different varieties of a similar story. Hard to know what the truth is. It could be anywhere from Liverpool trying to pull a smart one to save a few quid, to Liverpool not interested unless seriously discounted due to issues and Lyon trying to not have the price drop too much.

It's all speculation really from our viewpoint, and none of the 'sources' in it are entirely reliable.

Yep, the only telling thing really is that neither the club nor the 'main' journalists have said the deal is definitely off either, so until we hear one way or the other we're just guessing really.

Well to be honest if there is real worry over the knee i hope we stay clear. I know it might not be an issue yet but if it could become one then that alone is an issue. The last thing we need is a player coming in and turning into sturridge. I doubt its a ply to save a few quid. We over spent on kieta and showed we are not shy with prices for fabinho and virgil. I cant see this being about 5 million quid.

As I understood it, just from reading and podcasts, no team is going to come out and destroy a player by saying he failed a medical. Theres also doctor patient privileges to think about. The deal was done, the player had agreed terms and the clubs had agreed a fee, or he wouldn't be having a medical in the first place. Something then happened to make us reconsider. Best guess is they discovered his knee isn't going to hold up for 5+ years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

As I understood it, just from reading and podcasts, no team is going to come out and destroy a player by saying he failed a medical. Theres also doctor patient privileges to think about. The deal was done, the player had agreed terms and the clubs had agreed a fee, or he wouldn't be having a medical in the first place. Something then happened to make us reconsider. Best guess is they discovered his knee isn't going to hold up for 5+ years.

Didn’t Liverpool allow Remy’s medical result to come out before though or am I being mistaken?

astradave wrote: »
    Didn’t Liverpool allow Remy’s medical result to come out before though or am I being mistaken?

Nothing official is ever said about a medical, it's all leaks and hearsay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

France & Munich player and most expensive player in the Bundesliga history midfielder Tolisso is reported to have said he wants to play in the PL and his dream is to play for Liverpool.

There we go that's a done deal so.

There's no guarantee on any footballers fitness for up to 5+ years. What if we won the league with him next year. Would everyone be saying "yeah but will his knee hold out next season?".

He came back from an injury and played a 49 game season and a 39 game season.

He's now in the World Cup.

He came on against the United States in the friendly and changed the game resulting in the French equaliser.

He's hardly a crock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

France & Munich player and most expensive player in the Bundesliga history midfielder Tolisso is reported to have said he wants to play in the PL and his dream is to play for Liverpool.

There we go that's a done deal so.

He’s the real deal but that’ll never happen. Vidal is probably out the door this summer and Thiago is being linked with a move away too, Tolisso is going to be the cornerstone of that midfield going forward. They have Goretzka now too, nearly forgot about him.

Maybe we could get him to run his contract down and get him for nothing in four years. :pac:

dogbert27 wrote:
    He's hardly a crock.

The issue is though that one day he could become a crock. His knee could be a ticking time bomb and could just go any day. When it goes he will become a sturridge.

I agree that he could help us but liverpool dont seem to think its worth the risk.

Fwiw he isnt the only player that can come in and make a difference. I just hope if we have moved on from him, we work hard to get his alternative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

There's no guarantee on any footballers fitness for up to 5+ years. What if we won the league with him next year. Would everyone be saying "yeah but will his knee hold out next season?".

He came back from an injury and played a 49 game season and a 39 game season.

He's now in the World Cup.

He came on against the United States in the friendly and changed the game resulting in the French equaliser.

He's hardly a crock.

No he's obviously not a crock now but if there's above average wear and tear on his knee it may be clear to a specialist that it'll likely give major trouble within X months or years and if X is a small number it would be irresponsible of the club to pay a fee that assumes he's what would reflects the condition you'd expect a 24 year old to be in and commit to a 5 year contract of £25m (assuming he's on £100,000 or so a week) when the advice is there's a strong possibility he'll be crocked in a year or two.

I know you can sign a guy today on a 5 year contract and tomorrow he could have a career ending injury but that's outside your control. Signing someone who you've been advised (if that's actually what happened) has a significant possibility of major injury without adjusting the the deal to reflect that risk in terms of price and wage structure (shorter contract or same length contract but a low base + big appearance fees) would be negligible.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement