Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Salah starts :(

His shoulder is going to be targeted all game.

Salah starts :(

His shoulder is going to be targeted all game.

Was hoping he'd play no games. He better be fully fit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

RoboKlopp wrote:
    Was hoping he'd play no games. He better be fully fit

I'm sure he wants to represent his country in WC prob not too bothered what LFC think

liam7831 wrote: »
    I'm sure he wants to represent his country in WC prob not too bothered what LFC think

I don't think anyone disputes that.

As a Liverpool fan I don't care about Egypt. I'm hoping they get knocked out early with Salah avoiding injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Egypt don't exactly try to play to Salah's strengths, do they.

Far too slow getting him the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

I hope he does well, getting out of the group just means an extra week or two which I doubt will make any difference to his energy levels by the time the season starts.

I think if a player misses out on the build up games and the world cup itself that extra rest could help him hit the ground running in the premier league but once they are at the world cup any damage is probably already done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    I don't think anyone disputes that.

As a Liverpool fan I don't care about Egypt. I'm hoping they get knocked out early with Salah avoiding injury.

I never quite get this attitude tbh.

Have always wanted my favourite players to do play and do well for their country. Hasn't exactly affected the German or Spanish players over the past few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Egypt need thier Firmino.

Cheryshev was linked three or four years ago looks a tidy player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I'd love to see Salah stay in the comp as long as he can,his country is very important to him and he deserves it after what happened to him in cl final

Knex. wrote: »
    I never quite get this attitude tbh.

Have always wanted my favourite players to do play and do well for their country. Hasn't exactly affected the German or Spanish players over the past few years.

Doesn't bother me tbh. I just want Liverpool players to avoid injury and be fresh for August.

• Advertisement

Salah coming home early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,734 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Salah coming home early.

Yep, he’ll be home early alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

At least Salah can now rest and make sure he is fit for the new season

Sign Cheryshev!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Well, that's gotta be it now for Mo's WC hopes. Feel for him. sh!tty end to a great season, but that's them apples. Wonder how much of a holiday does he get from 'Pool? If everyone else is back on the 2nd, does he get another week or two?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Feel terrible for him.

Work your ass off to get back and have to watch that ineptitude at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I remember him from Basel. Lovely smile. No idea if he's a good keeper! :p

He is the keeper of the national team too. Played well enough gainst Brazil.

Mo gets his World Cup goal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

nice one!! At least he gets his WC goal

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Some solace in getting a goal. Hope he can finish it off the next day with another one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,734 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Some solace in getting a goal. Hope he can finish it off the next day with another one.

Against Saudi Arabia, you’d fancy him to get at least 1 or 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Against Saudi Arabia, you’d fancy him to get at least 1 or 2.

Hopefully Eygpt don't play him with his shoulder not right yet.

noodler wrote: »
    Feel terrible for him.

Work your ass off to get back and have to watch that ineptitude at the back.

He saw plenty ineptitude at the back at LFC unfortunately earlier this season.

Pre season starts on July 2nd for all players except those at the World Cup.

5 players have stayed at Melwood since the season ended working in recovering from injury Matip, Gomez, Ox, Brewster & Allan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Pre season starts on July 2nd for all players except those at the World Cup.

5 players have stayed at Melwood since the season ended working in recovering from injury Matip, Gomez, Ox, Brewster & Allan.

What is the story with Allan for this season, does he have to be loaned out again ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

What is the story with Allan for this season, does he have to be loaned out again ?

Still wont have enough points for a UK work permit, has to go on loan again

Ye he has to go back out on loan again next season.

Crazy to think we signed him in 2015 and he is still ineligible for a work permit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

ShamoBuc wrote: »

Agreed. A goal and a win would be a nice way to finish. He's had a rough month and hopefully a well earned few weeks off now will allow him to clear his head, recover from the shoulder injury and come back firing.

I'd be happy for him to miss the first week of the league season for an extra week off tbh. It's been a highly emotional month for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Thud

Bild in Germany are reporting we are going for Yann Sommer as the new keeper.

Has his own food blog..
    http://sommerkocht.ch/

Wonder what Didi would think of that..."you have to prove yourself a a world class goalkeeper before you can have a food blog"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Bild in Germany are reporting we are going for Yann Sommer as the new keeper.

Klopp tried signing him when he was at Dortmund if I am not mistaken and ended up getting Mitch Langerick instead.

Having seen him regularly I personally wouldnt see him as being any better than what we have and there are definately better keepers in the bundesliga.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/how-liverpool-could-line-up-14805968

D'Echo look at our midfield options with Keita and Fabinho in the side. Versatility is a plus, though I don't see us reverting to 4-4-2, I must say.

Gerrard and Rangers looking to sign the Girlfriend beater.

He was released?

Yes along with five Academy players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

He was released?

Girlfriend beater moving to Glasgow the home of Tennant's, recipe for disaster!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

He was released?

He will fit in and feel at home.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

I'm sure they would have kept him if he was in the first team

liam7831 wrote: »
    I'm sure they would have kept him if he was in the first team

and any good.

Is there anything to be said for a transfer rumour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

razorblunt wrote: »
    Girlfriend beatier moving to Glasgow the home of Tennant's, recipe for disaster!

Just another Flannagan for Scott Sinclair to pump rotten :pac:

*nicked from Kerrydale Street

Joyce reporting that Palace are interested in Ings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Ye he has to go back out on loan again next season.

Crazy to think we signed him in 2015 and he is still ineligible for a work permit.

How does the work permit system work for footballers? Does some civil servant in the Home Office be watching them playing and saying "nah, he is not as good as our english lads"

• Advertisement

Muahahaha wrote: »
    How does the work permit system work for footballers? Does some civil servant in the Home Office be watching them playing and saying "nah, he is not as good as our english lads"

Its a points system, the better the league and the better the side does the more points are accrued - getting a loan to an euro cup level side in a big league is best.

Joyce reporting that Palace are interested in Ings.

I'm gonna be sad when Ings goes but its inevitable really. I'd love to see how he'd have done here had he been fit for his entire spell here.

Palace makes sense. Burnley had been rumoured but it seems they are going back in for Jay Rodriguez. Newcastle might be a decent shout too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

I'm gonna be sad when Ings goes but its inevitable really. I'd love to see how he'd have done here had he been fit for his entire spell here.

Palace makes sense. Burnley had been rumoured but it seems they are going back in for Jay Rodriguez. Newcastle might be a decent shout too.

Pity Danny didn’t get a proper craic of the whip but we need to get him and sturridge out the door this summer. Brewster should expect a few run Coca Cola cup and fa cup and subs appearances when we are 3-0 up.
    I’d sell lalanna so Woodburn can get more minutes.
    Moreno, mignolet need to be out the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Watching Iran must be like watching another team in red all season

It's being reported in Spain that Kovacic has asked to leave Madrid.

Now if true I really hope we try to get him.

https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/1009521276044619776

Probably should be all over this. He hasn't come on as expected but still very young.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/1009521276044619776

Probably should be all over this. He hasn't come on as expected but still very young.

Tough one though... to be honest if we're bringing someone in for that position ahead of our current youth guys, it should be for their proven goalscoring. And Meyer has a fairly poor record in front of goal.

Would rather we go for more of a sure-thing in attack.

Rubens Loftus-Cheek aggitating for more game time or he'll leave is widely reported.

Rubens Loftus-Cheek aggitating for more game time or he'll leave is widely reported.

Was just about to post a link to this.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/20/ruben-loftus-cheek-england-chelsea?CMP=share_btn_tw
    “That’s the key for me next season regarding where I end up: I want to play,” he said. “I want to play as much as I can. And even this past season I didn’t play as much as I would have liked, because of the injuries and stuff, so I still feel I need a proper season of playing, wherever it is.

“I do understand Chelsea are a big club and there is always pressure on managers to win games and trophies. So I understand they might not be willing to take a chance on someone at a bigger club.

“Ever since I was in the Chelsea academy, I’ve had that awareness that people were saying I would be the first one to break through since John Terry. I believed I could but the opportunities didn’t quite come for me. It’s hard to keep training at your best but I made sure I did for when the time came, or when I did get opportunities like at Palace. We’ll see what happens. I’m confident in my ability and that I can do well, wherever it is. But I’m not thinking about whether I’m going to play at Chelsea right now. I’m only focused on the tournament.”

He wouldn't come cheap but is a superbly talented footballer from what I have seen. Worth a shot if some of our other targets aren't available?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

He's 23 now, its really now or never for him to breakthrough, always been a fan. I doubt Chelsea would do any business with us though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement