Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

bobby's done well since he came on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    Bobby about to come on for Brazil - 0-0 against Costa Rica 68mins

For some reason, whenever I see him coming on, I start singing to myself "Robert Firmino's playing, he is Brazilian, he is Brazilian"

To the tune of Banarama's 1984 classic, Robert De Niro's waiting.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Shame coutinho is gone he is such a quality player. Have loved watching him at the world cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Jesus has been awful , he shouldn't be anywhere need the pitch,
    What makes it worse is Bobby on the bench he is miles better ,

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I wouldn't say that Jesus is awful, I think that he just doesn't really suit how Brazil want to play. I'm not sure that Bobby fits that either.
    I think the manager needs to think about what is best for the team rather than building it around a few of the players which unbalances things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I wouldn't say that Jesus is awful, I think that he just doesn't really suit how Brazil want to play. I'm not sure that Bobby fits that either.
    I think the manager needs to think about what is best for the team rather than building it around a few of the players which unbalances things.
    I'm not saying he is an awful player but hes been awful in the 2 games so far, has had zeo effect,
    Bobby has been involved in 2 goals today and missed a few in both games where he game on as a sub,
    More just seems to happen when Bobby plays for them

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I wouldn't say that Jesus is awful

Good, because that would be blasphemy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Firmino has to start for them but won't. Jesus is considered a sexy pick for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

More just seems to happen when Bobby plays

Fixed that for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

I honestly don't mind Firmino playing less. Means less time in the shop window. We all know how great he is. Very underrated and I hope he stays that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Shaqiri has been pretty good for the Swiss this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Shaqiri has been pretty good for the Swiss this evening.

He has indeed.

I think he would be a shrewd bit of buisness.Could see him causing havoc in the last 20 minutes of a game as an impact sub and would be a handy squad player to call upon.

If he allowed a free role he can be very effective, as a winger much less so unless he gets the chance to whip one in early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,734 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Sign the little man up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Sign the little man up.

He's gone up about 10m there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Shaqiri showing his worth in two games now. Would be good for us.

If he allowed a free role he can be very effective, as a winger much less so unless he gets the chance to whip one in early.

As I was saying!

Fieldog wrote: »
    He's gone up about 10m there

Luckily for us or whoever he has a relegation release clause

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Sign him up!

Xherdan-Shaqiri-978350.jpg?r=1529697379588

Who was it here said Shaqiri is fat?

murpho999 wrote: »

There's definitely a fat lad in there who wants to get out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

He's sucking it in! ;-)

He's wide.

There's definitely a fat lad in there who wants to get out.

Agreed, when he stops playing he'll turn in to a Swiss Steve Bruce but he looks in shape now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

He's wide.

Child bearing hips

The thing with lovren is he is this generations henchoz. Henchoz was a great second defender. He was good at just doing the simple things and getting rid of the ball. When he tried to take time on the ball or try to play football he made mistakes which where rightfully criticised. Luckily he was rarely the "center back in charge". He had bug sami who controlled things. Together they where a really good team.

Lovren is the same. Up until january we were asking all of our center backs to step up and be our sami. But none where good enough. Thats not a slagging. Very few are good enough to be a terry rio carra or sami. Lovren tried and because of his over confidence at times he let himself down. Tried to take the extra touches to show he was capable of being a leader and calming things down. Of course he wasnt and didnt. Instead he added to the chaos that was our defence.

When virgil arrived you could tell from his first game against everton that he was a leader. Sure shouting and pointing proves nothing. But his calmess that he brought to the back four when he took a few touches with the ball said it all. When he was seen shouting orders for the keeper to come collect the ball you could see he could be our new sami.

Lovren wasnt that. But you cant have two samis. When carra played with sami it was carra who was less vocal. Sami was in charge perhaps until he started to become a squad player it was when carra became the leader at the back. Its why carra and terry never worked out for England. You cant have two leaders in one area of the pitch. If carra is shouting one thing and terry another, who do you listen to?

This is why we need a lovren rather than a boatang. Could you imagine we signed boatang? Would be a huge signing. But he is too vocal and too much a leader to work with virgil. They wouldnt suit each other because thats not how alphas work. Its perhaps why gomez could work. Because he would be virgils understudy rather than rival for alpha status.

We can improve on lovren of course. But its not as simple as buy a world class defender. We need a player that will eaither take orders from virgil or one that will make virgil take orders.

Lovren is fine for what he is. I just wish our back up wasnt so light. Klaven is who needs to be replaced..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Got to give it to Shaqiri he knows how to turn it on at a World Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I must be the only one that sees a ninja turtle whistling.

I can't stop seeing it now!!

Damm you Charlie Damm you to hell! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Shaq isn't a klopp type player,he never tracks back

shamrock55 wrote: »

I have seen this banded about a lot about Shaqiri but he was all over the place tonight and still had energy in the latter stages of the game.

Think Klopp could bring the best out of him.

Neither does Salah. It's a totally stupid argument to not buy a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Neither does Salah. It's a totally stupid argument to not buy a player.

Not when that's what klopp wants from a player it's not,I suppose he'd be a good sub to bring on if chasing a game,I couldn't see him starting too many though,for the money he'd be a good addition I suppose

Madrid have signed the "Next Big Thing" Goalkeeper I wonder where that leaves them now regarding Alisson.

By all accounts we tried to sign him as well.

Andriy Lunin a 19 year old Ukrainian.

Nick Pope and the Lazio keeper are not targets.

Alisson is/was the number one target this summer however he is being priced out of the market at Roma's valuation of him at £70m+ according to Pearce in the Echo this morning.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/latest-liverpool-goalkeeper-hunt-two-14817739.amp?__twitter_impression=true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

He's not that good no way,that's elite level money for a keeper imo and he's not that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Not when that's what klopp wants from a player it's not,I suppose he'd be a good sub to bring on if chasing a game,I couldn't see him starting too many though,for the money he'd be a good addition I suppose

It's a squad game. Is he better than our current subs? I think he'd be a very good signing. He'd be a perfect option in the last 20 minutes to bring in for Mane or Salah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

José Enrique had surgery to remove a rare brain tumour. He's on the mend. Hopefully he makes a speedy recovery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Bloody hell.

Well known spanish left-turn merchant Jose Enrique has had surgery to remove a brain tumour.

https://i.imgur.com/8EfeZgR.jpg

Alisson is/was the number one target this summer however he is being priced out of the market at Roma's valuation of him at £70m+ according to Pearce in the Echo this morning.

To be honest id be happy if we paid 70-90 million for a keeper as long as he was under 27. At least we could get 10 years out of him then. Could you imagine someone like oblak for 80/90 million? We would have one of the best best keepers on the planet and he would be there for the next decade. Even donurama (sp?) Would have almost 20 years in him and is nowhere near his potential. Pay the cash and get someone proper. Forget pope and schmeichel. A proper keeper would make our defence even better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

José Enrique is going through a tough time...

https://twitter.com/Jesanchez3/status/1010421547046227968?s=09

Missed this news.

Jose Enrique diagnosed with a rare brain tumour

Seems to be recovering ok, but still treatment and plenty of recovery to go yet. Hopedully he gets back to full health

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-liverpool-fc-player-jos-14819664

boards gone funny again?

Not good enough for me if true. The club are in a dangerous position of going for a cheaper and worse alternative (like Butland) or even worse sticking with Karius in goal for next season.

Plenty of money at the club to spend on players and thats not even including whats left of the Coutinho money. If Roma want around 70 million then so be it. A good goalkeeper can be a good long term investment and number 1 at a club for many seasons.

Not good enough for me if true. The club are in a dangerous position of going for a cheaper and worse alternative (like Butland) or even worse sticking with Karius in goal for next season.

Plenty of money at the club to spend on players and thats not even including whats left of the Coutinho money. If Roma want around 70 million then so be it. A good goalkeeper can be a good long term investment and number 1 at a club for many seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Salah has been made an honrary citizen of Chechnya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

8EfeZgR

Amazing what too much FIFA does to the brain...

And before I get eaten alive, it's a joke, in bad taste yes, poor lad, hope he makes a full recovery...

• Advertisement

So €180m bid for Asensio.

LOL.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement