Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

The chances of Liverpool making a 180m bid for anyone are just a little remote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

5starpool wrote:
    The chances of Liverpool making a 180m bid for anyone are just a little remote.

To be fair 12 months ago we would think its unlikely liverpool would make a bid over 50 million. I just cant call what we are willing to do anymore. 180 million bid could be possible. But if asensio was available there would be alot of competition and his wage demands would way too high for us.

Dream signing but the first word of this sentence sums it up.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Pre-season training starts back next Monday for those players who weren't at the world cup, which is most of the squad really, including the 2 new boys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Just going back on yesterdays game. Henderson once again puts in a flawless performance. I know its ONLY Panama and the last game was ONLY Tunisia but I think he will have a big role to play in our midfield next season. The players to miss out mostly will be Gini and Milner.

It's a good position to have compared to last season when we got a few injuries and really ran on fumes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Just about got a Kop ticket for the Champions League games this season. Queuing system this morning was as useless as always but happy I got sorted. Really thought this season would see some real changes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Just going back on yesterdays game. Henderson once again puts in a flawless performance. I know its ONLY Panama and the last game was ONLY Tunisia but I think he will have a big role to play in our midfield next season. The players to miss out mostly will be Gini and Milner.

It's a good position to have compared to last season when we got a few injuries and really ran on fumes

He's finally getting some recognition, and Southgate obviously sees that he brings so much more than Dier. With about 10 to go, when he had the armband, he was giving the back 3 a lot of stick for just passing amongst themselves and not looking to create anymore. And he was right - you can still learn something about your attacking patterns in that time, when the result is decided...

.............The players to miss out mostly will be Gini and Milner.

I'd agree but you never know who might step up.
    Ideally two from Keita, Fabinh and Henderson will play most games with Milner as another option during times of many fixtures or injuries.

That leaves Ox, Lallana and Wijnaldum for the 3rd midfield position ....... maybe even Henderson as an option there too.

With Ox out until a couple of months into the season I'd not think we are overly stocked by any means though, maybe just right with midfield options.

I still reckon there's a Coutinho ish hole in the squad tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

LS9 scores again! Legend. What a man! What an athlete! A sensation. etc etc

Yes, I'm taking the mick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

In other former-red news, Seb Coates is playing at the back for Uruguay as well.
    These days he's plying his trade at Sporting Lisbon. Not sure are the current travails there due to their president losing his damn mind will effect him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Nice one Mo - 50th goal for the season... Looks so pissed off, could do with a hug from Klopp.

MS10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I liked the look of Mane's team mate Sarr yesterday bags of pace and direct running.

20 years of age and two decent seasons behind him in France.

Trezeguet looks like he as a bit about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I liked the look of Mane's team mate Sarr yesterday bags of pace and direct running.

20 years of age and two decent seasons behind him in France.

I'll never forget reading an article by George Best during the 2002 world cup where he said he never agreed with signing players based on them having a good tournament - he was talking about El Hadj Diouf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Shaqiri is the archetypal tournament player and we're probably signing him.

• Advertisement

Just play him cup games then and he will be perfect.

Well at least Mo is on the way home now.

Two goals scored will keep his hero status up in Egypt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Well at least Mo is on the way home now.

Two goals scored will keep his hero status up in Egypt.

Egyptian FA have a hell of a lot to answer for...

Putting him with that Dictator lad in Chechnya when he clearly did not want to be there, I don't blame him considering quitting the national team over it....

I heard his agent tweeted his disgust about it on Saturday...

Pearce is reporting that Liverpool have added a training camp in France to part of there pre-season.

There is talk it will be in Evian-les-Bains which is about 2.5 hours from Lyon let the tin foil hats begin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

There is talk it will be in Evian-les-Bains which is about 2.5 hours from Lyon let the tin foil hats begin.

Lyon President was tweeting that he was speaking to Mourinho about players the other day, trying to drive up the price I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Pearce is reporting that Liverpool have added a training camp in France to part of there pre-season.

They'll most probably make Fekir walk there just to prove his fitness so.

Fieldog wrote: »
    Lyon President was tweeting that he was speaking to Mourinho about players the other day, trying to drive up the price I wonder?

He has named dropped Madrid, Barca and Jose in the last 10 days.

Desperate to create interest.

mosstin wrote: »
    They'll most probably make Fekir walk there just to prove his fitness so.

They will give him a fresh bottle of Evian when he gets there.

Liverpool should leave it until the last moment, even if the last moment is two weeks ahead of everyone else (or is that only relevant if the deal is between English clubs?)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Did we cancel that game with Monchengladbach & did Brewster sign that contract?

Brewster signed a 5 year deal for whatever that's worth. Liverpool are playing Torino instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Surely somebody in the club remembers Diouf

Surely somebody in the club remembers Diouf

Diouf the Rangers club legend :)

Waiting for him to mouth off about the current Rangers manager if he gets off to a bad start will be as entertaining as hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

D'Agger wrote: »
    I'll never forget reading an article by George Best during the 2002 world cup where he said he never agreed with signing players based on them having a good tournament - he was talking about El Hadj Diouf.

In fairness we agreed the deal before the World Cup started, we were actually worried that his performances would increase the agreed price or lead to others coming in for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

Sky sports app on England's player ratings, can't remember the lad who gave them, retired young from spurs last season. He obviously rates Henderson's job in the team highly.
    It's a position that when the team playes well, he looks fantastic, if the team under performs then he looks very average. I can't think of an English player more suited to the roll anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Iago Aspas...
    Couldn't take a fúcking corner when he was with Liverpool...
    Scores a Worldie to pull Spain level!
    Him and Luis Alberto are 2 of the T.C signings who seem to have come good, unfortunately twas after we jettisoned them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

sometimes players just don't settle in particular leagues. Like Ian Rush who thought playing in Italy was like being in a different country (not sure he actually said that) or Veron who was brutal at Utd or Chelsea and then Utd or Chelsea bought him off them.

banie01 wrote: »
    Iago Aspas...
    Him and Luis Alberto are 2 of the T.C signings who seem to have come good, unfortunately twas after we jettisoned them.

3 current or former Liverpool players on the scoresheet today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,674 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

going all livline libel here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

going all livline libel here

Time to distribute the tinfoil hats...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭✭banie01

fyfe79 wrote: »
    3 current or former Liverpool players on the scoresheet today!

Don't get me wrong, I don't think either he or Alberto warrant a place in our current team.
    But, their level of performance since they moved on from Liverpool I feel says more about our then manager, than it does about the Transfer Committee.
    The moneyball lads had their eye in on those boys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

banie01 wrote: »
    Iago Aspas...

Both fishes out of water much like Navas when at City. Don't think they would ever have come good at Liverpool or any other club in England.

Transfer committee knew there tools.

Transfer committee were responsible for Balotelli iirc :eek:
    They knew their tools alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

8-10 wrote: »
    In fairness we agreed the deal before the World Cup started, we were actually worried that his performances would increase the agreed price or lead to others coming in for him

Well I'll be damned

Someone trying to defend Bodgers again eh? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I didn't think Rodgers would be a good appointment at the time but I'm certain that he proved me wrong and I definitely wouldn't go taking digs at the man.

His time at the club produced a very memorable season and for that I'm very gracious. He inherited a fairly poor squad but his downfall was signing a lot of inferior players to change things.

We're certainly in a better place now with a more experienced manager and hopefully things will continue to improve.

The Club has to build on last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,672 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Both fishes out of water much like Navas when at City. Don't think they would ever have come good at Liverpool or any other club in England.

Not sure they got a fair crack , I thought they were jettisoned quickly as they weren’t the managers buys .

Pearce reporting this morning that Origi will get an opportunity to resurrect his Liverpool career in preseason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

• Advertisement

Joyce and most major papers now reporting Ings wants to leave to get first team football.

No real shock with that.

Ings probably could and should have sorted this out earlier.

He was never going to be getting much game time irrespective of who we sign.

Pre season is starting around now, isn't it? Certainly in the next few weeks.

He'd be a great option for pretty much anyone 7th or lower, depending on the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

If Origi is happy to stay around next year then we're pretty much in the same position. Or possibly better, tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Gbear wrote: »
    Ings probably could and should have sorted this out earlier.

He was never going to be getting much game time irrespective of who we sign.

Pre season is starting around now, isn't it? Certainly in the next few weeks.

He'd be a great option for pretty much anyone 7th or lower, depending on the price.
    He's a huge gamble for anyone, he hasn't played really in 2 years,
    He'll want a big wage, I think we will have trouble shifting him, it'll be the usual people looking to get him on loan ,
    Himself Origi and Studge hopefully are all moved on ,

He's a huge gamble for anyone, he hasn't played really in 2 years,
    He'll want a big wage, I think we will have trouble shifting him, it'll be the usual people looking to get him on loan ,
    Himself Origi and Studge hopefully are all moved on ,

I'd be surprised if he's on huge wages. I'd guess 40-60k.
    Unless he's completely deluded he won't look for anymore than that.

I'd imagine he'd be a sort of 10-15m jobbie and that'd probably suit everyone. Not much these days.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement