Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ings would be on about £50/60k a week that well manageable for all teams outside the top 6 these days.

Even Sturridge's £150k a week is week manageable for most of the teams taking him on a free or a huge knock down transfer fee.

Ings isn't good enough. Hopefully he does well elsewhere.

Not sure Origi is either but hopefully he has improved

Southampton were starved for a goal scorer last season.

He’d also do well at Huddersfield.

He might go back to Burnley.

I'd say we could easily get £20m for him these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Ings would be on about £50/60k a week that well manageable for all teams outside the top 6 these days.

Even Sturridge's £150k a week is week manageable for most of the teams taking him on a free or a huge knock down transfer fee.

https://sillyseason.com/salary/liverpool-players-salaries-69073/
    Ings on £60k and Studge on £120k - would think Ings would be easier to off-load than Studge - best of luck to the both of them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

German newspapers reporting that Sebastian Frank (Liverpool Scout) is moving to BVB....never heard of him at Liverpool if I am honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Southampton were starved for a goal scorer last season.

He’d also do well at Huddersfield.
    Why would a clubs like Southampton take a chance on Ings ?
    Surely they want a guy who's been scoring goals, Ing's hasn't really played in 3 years and when he has hasn't looked like scoring,
    I think people will be surprised how hard it'll be to shift him on a permanent deal , 3 season's and 4 goals with a bad injury record on top of that hardly a catch

Ings can't have much left on his contract ......... could let him go for small money really if needs be. If the club don't want to let him go for small money than a loan might do the trick to please all parties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

German newspapers reporting that Sebastian Frank (Liverpool Scout) is moving to BVB....never heard of him at Liverpool if I am honest

Wonder if there are scouts that scout for scouts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Wonder if there are scouts that scout for scouts?

Maybe for the boy scouts....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Maybe for the boy scouts....

That you, Barry? :D

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Fekir with a decent cameo, you could see him as the most forward midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Fekir with a decent cameo, you could see him as the most forward midfielder.

I'm just back from an enforced holiday after the CL final..

Certainly could see Fekir take on the "Coutinho-shaped hole" in our midfield, but am still curious as to what happened when we nearly signed him a few weeks back.

If we did pull out of the deal after the medical, it's a shame as he has that kind of "packed defence unlocking ability" but ultimately understandable if his knee is dodgy. Klopp teams cannot carry 95% fit players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

A centre back is not a priority this window for Klopp according to James Pearce today on a live chat.

A goalkeeper, coutinho-type midfielder and cover for the front three and ill be more than happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

ricero wrote: »
    A centre back is not a priority this window for Klopp according to James Pearce today on a live chat.

A goalkeeper, coutinho-type midfielder and cover for the front three and ill be more than happy.

A gallas type player would be very welcome though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,672 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Buy that Nigerian keeper !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

He might go back to Burnley.

I'd say we could easily get £20m for him these days.

Madness if true.

And why would anyone pay him as much as Liverpool did? That was negotiated when he had options on a free transfer, after his only decent season in the top flight ever.

noodler wrote: »
    Madness if true.

And why would anyone pay him as much as Liverpool did? That was negotiated when he had options on a free transfer, after his only decent season in the top flight ever.

This is a world where Jordon Ibeeeeee went for 15m back when that was big enough money. Ings will fetch more than you think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Musa anyone? Would suit our play I think

• Advertisement

This is a world where Jordon Ibeeeeee went for 15m back when that was big enough money. Ings will fetch more than you think.

He wasn't a crock.

Also had a few more seasons at pool under his belt.

We'll see but I think there's a limit to the crazy money in the game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

He certainly would. Athletic and I'm sure He would improve with a better standard of player around him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Has the athleticism and skill, but im not sure about his link up play with other players. Brilliant at doing things himself, but so much of our team is based around quick intelligent interplay, and i've just not seen much of that from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

That lad in midfield that stoke just signed looks quite handy as well might be worth keeping an eye on

Seen musa run the pitch and score a lovely goal against Barca for Leicester in a preseason tournament last summer.

Disappointing every other time I've seen him though.

noodler wrote: »
    Seen musa run the pitch and score a lovely goal against Barca for Leicester in a preseason tournament last summer.

Disappointing every other time I've seen him though.

Same as that, thought he'd be a star,then nothing, now he seems to have picked up again, devastating pace and has skills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Musa done nothing at Leicester but I would take him ahead of Shaqiri.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

That lad in midfield that stoke just signed looks quite handy as well might be worth keeping an eye on

Looks good alright. Thought he played well in the other games too. They've done a nice bit of business on the quiet there. Didnt realise he'd signed for them till after the game last night. Worth keeping an eye on alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

ShamoBuc wrote: »

He certainly would. Athletic and I'm sure He would improve with a better standard of player around him.
    Are you lads serious ? He was utter rubbish at the foxes ?
    But 2 decent games at the world cup against the mighty Iceland and a shocking Argentina and you want to sign him, we are way past the Salif Diao days,
    He

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

If we are looking to Russia to sign an attacking winger type, I wouldn't be looking at Musa. I'd start looking at Quincy Promes who is probably a more controlled player.

Great quote, seems he is up for the challenge

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Great quote, seems he is up for the challenge
    Just read that Gerrard arrived to the signing and handed over the shirt with the #8 on it. Keita was a bit awestruck.

DgsW40KWsAAyikB.jpg

^ that's last seasons kit as well, so that was ages ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    ^ that's last seasons kit as well, so that was ages ago.

Well it would have to be since Gerrard is not a Liverpool employee anymore

Full interview

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It’s been over a decade since I’ve been as excited heading into a new season as I am right now, and our transfer business isn’t even done yet with no signs of major outgoings on top of that. Can’t wait to see Naby and Fabinho in action for us and I’m confident there’ll be another marquee signing too, whoever it is.

I’ve been waiting 3 years and 11 months for this World Cup and now I just want to see Liverpool play again. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Who's this Keita lad anyway? Out of the blue, like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Knex. wrote: »
    Who's this Keita lad anyway? Out of the blue, like.

Love when the club does gets business done quickly and discreetly like this. More of the same please

Are you lads serious ? He was utter rubbish at the foxes ?
    But 2 decent games at the world cup against the mighty Iceland and a shocking Argentina and you want to sign him, we are way past the Salif Diao days,
    He

He got about as much chance at Leicester as mo did at Chelsea it needs to be said though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Already very excited to see Keita play, think he will be a big player for us.

Didn't watch the interview (find them all very tedious and too prepped and planned) but I was kind of hoping to see him speak in English. Afterall, he have a year to prepare. it's just a minor detail though and me nit-picking. Just thought it will help us on the field. Now of course it could just be he is not comfortable enough to do an interview in English which is totally acceptable.

• Advertisement

All the talk and pictures of Keita taking the number 8 jersey has me thinking that I'm kind of old fashioned and would love to see the return of 1 to 11 jersey's for the starting 11 instead of squad numbers.

All the talk and pictures of Keita taking the number 8 jersey has me thinking that I'm kind of old fashioned and would love to see the return of 1 to 11 jersey's for the starting 11 instead of squad numbers.

I'd also love that.
    I coach a team and I'm always trying to get the f*ckers to line out 1 - 7 (scholboy team).

Any AC Milan players we might want?

They have just gotten a two year European ban.

Bring Suso home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Bring Suso home!

Their keeper?

brevity wrote: »
    Their keeper?

They would make the money back on him by just printing his name on jerseys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Bring Suso home!

Is Maldini still going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

What kind of keeper is Donnarumma?

Pure shot stopper? Big and comes from crosses? Good with the ball?

His agent in Raiola, who's a pain in the hole at the best of times.

Now you know they don't make any money out of longer names....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I read today that Keita asked for fitness training today and did it at Melwood.

Great commitment to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Bring Suso home!

Bonucci! He's on big money though, and already 31, but they will obviously need to sell to balance things out. Donnarumma and Bonucci are the only big assets, the latter being more sellable as GKs are in short supply and he's very young...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement