Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

brevity wrote: »
    The Pope?!

FSG kept that under wraps.

I dunno. He's good with crosses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

5starpool wrote: »
    Whatever the opinions on Karius, I think we'll have to get used to the idea that he'll still be first choice next season. Mig will leave and ward will likely be our backup.

If we can't get a guaranteed upgrade on Karius we need to upgrade Ward. Take a punt on a 21-23 year old keeper who has some promise. Ward clearly doesn't have what Klopp wants, with all our goal keeping headaches he couldn't get a sniff of a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

sign mbappe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

ricero wrote: »
    sign mbappe

For ****s and giggles.. what would his buyout be?

Probably 500M or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Charlie19 wrote: »
    For ****s and giggles.. what would his buyout be?

Probably 500M or so.

He probably doesn’t have one. They aren’t mandatory in Ligue 1 as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

sign mbappe

Send FSG your piggy bank, communion money and start a collection :rolleyes::rolleyes:

martyos121 wrote: »
    He probably doesn’t have one. They aren’t mandatory in Ligue 1 as far as I know.

Oh, I thought it was just the norm to have that addition to big money contracts.

sign mbappe

He'll never leave PSG now they've "bought" him

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Oh, I thought it was just the norm to have that addition to big money contracts.

In La Liga every player has to have one, but that’s down to Spanish law I believe. In the Premier League you get some players with them but they’re not the norm there either, sure we just got Firmino tied down to a new contract so soon after the season ended because he had a buyout clause in his last one.

After a bit of reading, I think buyout clauses might actually be illegal in France.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mbappe would cost €250m or more.

Those who were calling for us to sign Mascherano on a free this summer have have any of you changed your minds after watching him in the World Cup.

Those who were calling for us to sign Mascherano on a free this summer have have any of you changed your minds after watching him in the World Cup.

I’d still take him if we sign Fekir. He has laser precision in passing to Frenchmen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

mosstin wrote: »
    This was a smashing save. Was at this game and only watching replays afterwards did we realise how good it was. That said, he's far below the required standard.

I was ment to be at that game but didn't go due to snow,went on the lash then so obviously missed out on his one and only save

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

Mr.H wrote: »

After that the beat you have is average. Cech hart and lloris used to be class

The next level would be the likes of karius ederson and foster.

The rest are average including migs. Pope and ryan have potential but are still below the standard of what we have. .

Cech and Lloris are well passed their best and both are still about 2 levels above Karius.
    Ederson is on a different planet to Karius, our man isn't fit to help him warm up.
    Pope and Forster are not good enough(imo) for a club that wants to challenge at the top, but I'd have more confidence in both of them than Karius.
    I really don't rate the lad, he's championship level.

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I was ment to be at that game but didn't go due to snow,went on the lash then so obviously missed out on his one and only save

Jaysus we did well then with a keeper who only made one and only one save all season to get to the Champions League final.

No need for a keeper then at all next season just play 11 outfield players.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

.red. wrote:
    Cech and Lloris are well passed their best and both are still about 2 levels above Karius. Ederson is on a different planet to Karius, our man isn't fit to help him warm up. Pope and Forster are not good enough(imo) for a club that wants to challenge at the top, but I'd have more confidence in both of them than Karius. I really don't rate the lad, he's championship level.

Cech and lloris i agree.

Ederson i have made my point with. He is over rated and anytime a team actually attacked city this season he has looked dodge. He is not that much better if at all, than karius.

As for pope and forster. This is my fear. We end up signing an average keeper thinking he is better than karius. Its like the calls for ward to start ffs. Many of our fans are really narrowminded to how good karius is.

.red. wrote:
    Cech and Lloris are well passed their best and both are still about 2 levels above Karius. Ederson is on a different planet to Karius, our man isn't fit to help him warm up. Pope and Forster are not good enough(imo) for a club that wants to challenge at the top, but I'd have more confidence in both of them than Karius. I really don't rate the lad, he's championship level.

Cech and lloris i agree.

Ederson i have made my point with. He is over rated and anytime a team actually attacked city this season he has looked dodge. He is not that much better if at all, than karius.

As for pope and forster. This is my fear. We end up signing an average keeper thinking he is better than karius. Its like the calls for ward to start ffs. Many of our fans are really narrowminded to how good karius is.

It's a pity that the club couldn't hold onto Reina.

Charlie19 wrote:
    It's a pity that the club couldn't hold onto Reina.

He went proper sh1t when rafa lost the keeper coach. To be honest i blame our keeper coach for all our keepers being sh1t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Mr.H wrote: »
    Cech and lloris i agree.

This is the reality.

Allison or Oblak? Probably both unlikely, but if we miss them then it's Pope and Foster, however unsuitable or suitable they may be.

Miss them and it's probably going to be Karius again.

The wildcard would be if Mignolet left but I don't know how likely/unlikley that is.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Jaysus we did well then with a keeper who only made one and only one save all season to get to the Champions League final.

No need for a keeper then at all next season just play 11 outfield players.

Should ask the PL if we can play fly goalie or last man back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Should play with two keepers in goal

Should play with two keepers in goal

Or put Mane guarding the post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Cech is worse than Karius.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Collins_(broadcaster)
    Someone's havin fun again with Peter Collins wiki page...

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Collins_(broadcaster)
    Someone's havin fun again with Peter Collins wiki page...

Its you isn't it?

Or do you just like looking at this wiki!!!

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Its you isn't it?

Or do you just like looking at this wiki!!!

:D nope, just thought I'd check it again after finding it the first time to see if his previous questionable romantic life had been updated...

He's still earning 2.3 million a year, so that must be nice for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Reports tonight that lfc and lyon have resumed talks and that Klopp was furious when the Fekir deal broke down.

Hopefully its true and Fekir gets done. Be great to have the sum of our buisness down before the pre-season tour of the USA.

Nothing at all in France tonight to support claims emanating from the English press about a supposed attempt from Liverpool to restart negotiations with Lyon for Nabil Fékir

https://twitter.com/gffn/status/1013192069383360512?s=21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

sacre bleu

if I'm going to be surprised I may as well do it in french

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Is it just me or has Fékir looked less than impressive in his few appearances in the WC ?

Yes I know he's only been introduced as a sub a few times, but I thought he'd be better
    than he has shown!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Karius made very few saves of note,
    He made far more blunders and mistakes then any game changing save.
    You'd be nuts to be happy to have him between the sticks again next season.
    Those happy to see him stay on do not come on here complaining about him next season when he does the exact same crap again

shamrock55 wrote:
    Karius made very few saves of note, He made far more blunders and mistakes then any game changing save. You'd be nuts to be happy to have him between the sticks again next season. Those happy to see him stay on do not come on here complaining about him next season when he does the exact same crap again

Myth.

No one has said they are happy to stick with him. Many have said that some of the names mentioned are no better than him. Why waste money without upgrading significantly?

If it was between schmeichel, pope, forster or karius then yes i would say stick with karius. At least next season we might be able to use the money we would have waste and buy someone who would actually be an upgrade.

Keita & Fabinho are officially Liverpool players today.

Keita & Fabinho are officially Liverpool players today.

AND our first pre-season game is in 6 days. Could see them very soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Karius made very few saves of note,
    He made far more blunders and mistakes then any game changing save.
    You'd be nuts to be happy to have him between the sticks again next season.
    Those happy to see him stay on do not come on here complaining about him next season when he does the exact same crap again

This. Plus he'll be under significantly more scrutiny this season after such high profile blunders on the biggest stage. His first mistake will be the talking point in the papers for weeks and for such a poor player who relies on confidence to get him through most games, this will be his complete unravelling. They've no excuses left. He can't be concussed for an entire season.

TAA, Woodburn & Herbie Kane have all been nominated for the Golden Boy Award.

Lorven’s younber brother has also been nominated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Not a pressing need now with Fabinho in the team but I'd really like to see Herbie Kane break through to the first team. Sounds like the type of player we've needed desperately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Just get a new keeper. He made an absolute bags of a CL final. It's grand though. We'll get over it. He'll get over it. At another club.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Not a pressing need now with Fabinho in the team but I'd really like to see Herbie Kane break through to the first team. Sounds like the type of player we've needed desperately.

I'm sure we'd sing about him being one of our own just to annoy spurs fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Vicxas wrote: »
    AND our first pre-season game is in 6 days. Could see them very soon

And giving all of the money to Chester. Will be a decent one and expected to field a strong squad.

5starpool wrote: »
    I'm sure we'd sing about him being one of our own just to annoy spurs fans.

Surely “Rock you like a Herbie Kane” is the way to go?

And giving all of the money to Chester. Will be a decent one and expected to field a strong squad.

LFC TV are covering it too, KO at 3pm on Sat and then only two weeks until the Dortmund game on the 22nd, with a handy 9pm KO our time - would hope to see both of the new lads start that one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Poor Aspas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

At least that bury the memory of his corner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Karma is a bitch Sergio..

Dry your tears mate.

At least that bury the memory of his corner.

Ironically, that’s where his penalty probably ended up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Favourite moment so far, seeing Ramos crying at the end of that one!

The sweetest sight in football. :)

DhCLdmHW4AAjuPk.jpg

Don't want to jinx it for Lovren (so I guess I just have!) but win tonight and he might be missing the tour to the States...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement