Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

not yet wrote: »
    Karma is a bitch Sergio..

Dry your tears mate.
    Favourite moment so far, seeing Ramos crying at the end of that one!
    martyos121 wrote: »
    The sweetest sight in football. :)

DhCLdmHW4AAjuPk.jpg

My god are people not over it yet

Spain were deserved losers no plan B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

My god are people not over it yet

Hated Ramos before the CL final, hate him more now. He's the Spanish Pepe...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Couldn't give a flying **** about Ramos. Spain out, didn't think they were all that exciting to watch anyway. Sooner France get knocked out so we can sort out Fekir, the better.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

If Lovern is not careful there'll be a 80million bid in for him tomorrow..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

not yet wrote: »
    If Lovern is not careful there'll be a 80million bid in for him tomorrow..

Should of scored just there now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Chris Bascombe saying today that lfc will not pursue more signings until after the world cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Mo has his say on the modding situation in the soccer forum.

https://twitter.com/MoSalah/status/1013496868788146181

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

mosstin wrote:
    Mo has his say on the modding situation in the soccer forum.

The replies of that tweet have a lower level of intelligence than a bowl of cereal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

WTF does that mean.

Is he talking about Karius

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

noodler wrote: »
    WTF does that mean.

Is he talking about Karius

Probably bout the Egypt situation if I had to guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Probably bout the Egypt situation if I had to guess.

No, it's definitely Karius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

noodler wrote: »
    No, it's definitely Karius.

Forgive me even blatant jokes tend to go over my head. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

At least that bury the memory of his corner.
    It was my first thought when seeing him line up to take the pen.
    8escf.gif?resize=360%2C202&ssl=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Tears from lovren,showing great mental strength again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Tears from lovren,showing great mental strength again

He really has had a fantastic tournament so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

ricero wrote: »
    He really has had a fantastic tournament so far

Ah he has in fairness,I'm only messing tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Hated Ramos before the CL final, hate him more now. He's the Spanish Pepe...

This.

I hated ramos way before may. I also hate costa. My dislike for the spanish side is nothing to do with the champions league final. Their slow build up pass pass pass rubbish is not entertaining anymore. They have zero flair in that team right now. So many talented players but such slow boring football. Im delighted they are gone. Im delighted to see ramos cry. I just wish i got to see costa have a melt down. But again my hatred is for their unsporting behaviour and their tedious bland football. Absolutely nothing to do with being a liverpool fan. Even if certain players tend to give even more reasons to dislike them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Couldn't give a flying **** about Ramos. Spain out, didn't think they were all that exciting to watch anyway. Sooner France get knocked out so we can sort out Fekir, the better.

I'd much rather Isco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

5starpool wrote: »
    Should ask the PL if we can play fly goalie or last man back.

And have jumpers for goalposts! :pac:

Put the VAR into overdrive!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

News of a new deal for salah

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

mightyreds wrote: »
    News of a new deal for salah

Signed a new long term deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Fabinho & Keita in.
    New contracts for Firmino & Salah.

Easy to forget with the Fekir deal that we are having a great start to the window.

Get in a another forward/AM & a GK it will be a great window.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Mane next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Theres no release clause in Salah's new deal :/

Thats a bit odd.

Vicxas wrote: »

Thats a bit odd.

Not really. Club doesn't really do release clauses if it can avoid it. Can wanted one, didn't get it. Firmino had one in his old deal, not in his new one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Welcome to the new season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

That's brilliant news on Salah. You'd wonder how that conversation goes?
    "Hey Mo we want to give you bags of money"
    "Why?"
    "Uhm, no reason"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Surely having no release clause is a good thing, too? With the rate of inflation in the market, release clause valuations either have to be off-the-charts (say, £300-400m) and, therefore, of no practical use or risk being caught on the hop because of inflating values.

2 years ago, selling a player for £50-60m was big business. Now, that's not an unusual fee at all!

Either way, good news about the contract. Next up, Mané...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Thats a bit odd.

What's odd about it?

It's better for the club. Means club will only sell when they want to and for the right price rather than being forced to sell at what most likely will be an under valued release clause.

Also shows commitment from the player, I don't like the idea of players putting in clauses in contracts to help get their next move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭shaunr68

Fantastic news on Mo, it's been a great few days. CR and Messi on the plane home, Ramos blubbing like a little girl and now this! Happy days! :D

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44679819

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Great news on Salah, an extremely well deserved pay rise for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

No further talks between Liverpool and Lyons over Nabil Fekir

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/no-further-talks-between-liverpool-and-lyons-over-nabil-fekir-f98w7h0ls?t=ie

wrote:

Paul Joyce, Northern Football Correspondent
    July 1 2018, 6:00pm,
    The Sunday Times

Liverpool have had no contact with Lyons since the proposed transfer of the France playmaker Nabil Fekir collapsed.

The projected £52.8 million transfer of the 24-year-old ended abruptly on June 8 on medical grounds and, despite the continued noise surrounding the matter, there have been no further negotiations.

The facts are that Liverpool agreed the fee, an initial £48.4 million and £4.4 million in add-ons, with the French side on June 6 and struck personal terms with the player.

Liverpool staff travelled to France to conduct a medical the following day and it was the next morning that Liverpool pulled out of the transfer completely.

Lyon then issued a statement announcing they had stopped negotiations 36 hours later. There has been no more contact, no re-negotiation of transfer fees, since then.

Fekir, who suffered a serious knee injury in 2015, has been involved in France’s World Cup campaign and appeared as a substitute in their 4-3 last-16 success over Argentina.

He replaced Antoine Griezmann in the 83rd minute of the game and Didier Deschamps’ side will now meet Uruguay in the quarter-finals in Nizhny Novgorod on Friday.

Liverpool return to pre-season training tomorrow when Jürgen Klopp’s summer signings, Naby Ke and Fabinho, will train officially for the first time.

One of Klopp’s priorities will be to assess the mental state of Loris Karius as he reports back to the club following his errors in the Champions League final defeat by Real Madrid.

There remains interest in signing a new goalkeeper, but a move for Roma’s Alisson has been complicated by the valuation of the Brazilian No 1 and rival overtures from the likes of Real Madrid. Liverpool have no interest in Barcelona’s back-up goalkeeper Jasper Cillessen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Some rag reporting that we're interested in Julian Brandt.

They used the word "could" about 20 times in the article.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Some rag reporting that we're interested in Julian Brandt.

They used the word "could" about 20 times in the article.

I haven't seen much of him, but what I did notice is that when he came on for Germany in the WC, he added a spark and got things moving for them.
    Seemed to like mixing crossing with cutting in and doing it at pace.

Fantastic news about Mo, best bit of business since we signed him :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Any idea how much salah is on a week

Should be £200k+/week IMO all considered if he continues putting the ball in the onion bag to the extent he did last year.

33 year old Lebron James just signed a 4 year deal with the Lakers worth $153M. So it's probably something in between that and what I earn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Was it definitively confirmed that FunBob's new deal was without a release clause?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,666 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

5starpool wrote: »
    Not really. Club doesn't really do release clauses if it can avoid it. Can wanted one, didn't get it. Firmino had one in his old deal, not in his new one.
    The stance the club took re Can leaves no doubt that you will not get a release clause and that Liverpool is a destination not a stepping stone for players to RM /Barca.
    Add in Klopp , FSG backing him to get the players he wants and the future looks bright :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Zak Flaps wrote: »
    I'd much rather Isco.

Isco was terrible yesterday , showed no ambition with the ball , I think the stats say of his 132 passes yesterday only 12 of them were forward .

Maybe that is not his fault but I would hate to see him in a Liverpool shirt with that attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

£200k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Really hope now that Denmark are out Schmeichel is sounded out. Superb again yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

x43r0 wrote: »
    £200k

Cant be many higher than that at Liverpool. Maybe Virgil?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Kolido wrote: »
    Cant be many higher than that at Liverpool. Maybe Virgil?

Virgil about 180T per week if I remember reading it correctly when he signed.

corwill wrote: »
    Was it definitively confirmed that FunBob's new deal was without a release clause?

I'm pretty sure I read it at the time. Can't find it in an article now though. Lots of mentions of his old release clause and that this safeguards against that, but nothing specifically to say there is not release clause now.

Salah's address was leaked on FB over the weekend and a crowd of fans turned up on his doorstep. Baying for blood following Egypt's exit? Nope just there for the adoration. Rather than release the hounds he went out and chatted and posed for pictures with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Salah's address was leaked on FB over the weekend and a crowd of fans turned up on his doorstep. Baying for blood following Egypt's exit? Nope just there for the adoration. Rather than release the hounds he went out and chatted and posed for pictures with them.

Saw the pictures alright, can they not leave him alone, he caused a traffic jam in one half of Cairo...

He was whisked away by armed security from the house as they just kept coming, ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Isco was terrible yesterday , showed no ambition with the ball , I think the stats say of his 132 passes yesterday only 12 of them were forward .

Maybe that is not his fault but I would hate to see him in a Liverpool shirt with that attitude.

Are Spanish players bad? Koke, Silva, Busquets, Isco, Iniesta, etc...

Multi-league and champions league winning players from back to front. Clearly the quality of the individuals isn't the problem and you can hardly accuse such serial winners of lacking bottle.

Isco would be phenomenal. He wouldn't have the pace but he's an incredible footballer. He'd walk into our team. It's a bit of a pity they've just changed manager because there's surely someone great in there who'll not be seeing games but they probably won't know themselves until halfway through the season.

It's funny how some are still a little puzzled by release clauses.
    They are entirely in service to the player so that if a bigger team comes in the club can't put the foot down in negotiations and have to let them go (if Arsenal had really pushed over Suarez they would've got him, but in the end he was convinced to stay).

Spanish contracts are required to have a set fee that the person making the contract can pay to buy their way out of it. So Neymar was given 200m quid by PSG and he paid his way out of his Barcelona contract.
    That's why all their top players, or indeed, all the players that play in Spain professionally, have release clauses. It's not because it benefits the club in any way.

From the perspective of the club and the fans you don't want any release clauses in any of your staff. There's never any benefit, unless it's the only way a player would agree to sign a contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

gimli2112 wrote: »

Not a man to be telling ****ing donuts to **** off, then.

Reminds me of seeing Andy Keogh angrily striding past requests from a couple of kids for a photo at the usual RoI hotel in Portmarnock. John O'Shea, in fairness, happily obliged.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement