Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Mr.H wrote: »
    To be fair thats where we found out about fabinho am hour before he signed

Exactly. Infallible information that kept us informed. That's twitter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Vicxas wrote: »
    In other news Arsenal signed Papastathopoulos from Dortmund, weren't we looking at him a while ago?

Have to say Arsenal are doing a fair bit of tasty business very quietly.

Didn't he fail a medical or the club had some concerns about his knee. Between him, Fekir and the dude with the dodgy heart we have had a few transfer disappointments due to medical reasons. Can't remember this happening at many other UK clubs.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Didn't he fail a medical or the club had some concerns about his knee. Between him, Fekir and the dude with the dodgy heart we have had a few transfer disappointments due to medical reasons. Can't remember this happening at many other UK clubs.

I think that he got injured around the time that he was being talked about, and at that time we were trying to offload Sahko and couldn't get rid.

I still don't think that Fekir was a medical issue, I'm pretty sure the owner of Lyon who is very vocal pulled the plug to try drum up a bit more interest and drive up the fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,734 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I still don't think that Fekir was a medical issue, I'm pretty sure the owner of Lyon who is very vocal pulled the plug to try drum up a bit more interest and drive up the fee.

Exactly, he could have a decent WC, and add a few million to his price tag, or get injured and take a few off it. a gamble probably worth taking from Lyon's point of view.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm actually surprised by his game time, I think that he started the first match and alot of the play was going through him.

Since then I think he's just had a couple of cameos.

So that gamble may not have paid off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Exactly, he could have a decent WC, and add a few million to his price tag, or get injured and take a few off it. a gamble probably worth taking from Lyon's point of view.
    Is it true Milner was training in the number 23 gear yesterday , That's Robo's number but he trained in 3 which would leave 7 free ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Does anyone reckon tv fixtures will be announced this week ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,734 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I'd imagine they'll most likely get the same asking price they had (agreed?) prior to the WC. Its not his or their fault he's not getting the game time to impress more.

I have absolute faith in the clubs ability to successfully manage it's transfers ever since the van Dijk debacle. We still got van Dijk 6 months later. We got top dollar for Coutinho (while not really missing him too much). We signed Fabinho in what must go down as one of the best kept secret transfers of recent times.

If we need him, we'll sign him.... eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Besiktas apparently looking for Studge, I'll drop him over to Turkey myself...

10m apparently, 5m less than we want

• Advertisement

Is it true Milner was training in the number 23 gear yesterday , That's Robo's number but he trained in 3 which would leave 7 free ?

Just checked, he was in #26 yesterday. Interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Does anyone reckon tv fixtures will be announced this week ?

6th July was the time scale that was released when the fixtures were released

Period of matches Approx date of announcement
    Aug/Sept 6 July
    Oct/Nov 7 August
    Dec/Jan 12 October
    Feb 12 December
    Mar 25 January
    Apr 22 February
    May 5 April
    MW38 post-MW37

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

6th July was the time scale that was released when the fixtures were released

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Fieldog wrote: »
    Besiktas apparently looking for Studge, I'll drop him over to Turkey myself...

10m apparently, 5m less than we want

About 9m more than I'd let him go for, given how his loan to WBA went.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Just checked, he was in #26 yesterday. Interesting.

It was to stop robbo getting burnt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I think Turkey might be a little out of his comfort zone. Wouldn’t surprise me to have him still at the club this season or a last minute switch to another premier league club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

The goalkeeper roundabout is definitely going to kick off. Courtois talking about getting back to his family, who are still in Madrid. But which Madrid team? If it's back to Atleti, then Oblek is available, and would be chose Chelsea over us, no CL?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I think Turkey a football pitch might be a little out of his comfort zone. Wouldn’t surprise me to have him still at the club this season or a last minute switch to another premier league club.

Fixed that for you. Sad, but true these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A 22 year old Liverpool fan has pleaded guilty to hacking the social media accounts of Lovren, Lallana & Can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

At least he didn't hack any good players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Few rumours going round that a GK signing announcement is coming soon.

And that we wish it was Jack Butland (implying the lad we are signing is an even lower level and fairly crap).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

FitzShane wrote: »

And that we wish it was Jack Butland (implying the lad we are signing is an even lower level and fairly crap).

Given butland is in russia it isnt going to be him at melwood today if rumours are to be believed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Well it can't be anyone at the World Cup. Maybe Donnamura or Oblak so :pac:

It is a 16 year old Shamrock Rovers keeper...

Where are the rumours coming from ?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Ya, I've seen these tweets. Some people either want to be seen to be ITK without ever providing information and just pretend to know things and when something happens pretend that is what they were talking about, or else say it fell apart behind the scenes if nothing happens.

Either that or they do know (unlikely in most cases), but what is the point of knowing if you only say vague crap? If you don't want to say as you might not be told again, then STFU. If you want to show you know, then say it outright.

Twats.

No we haven't.

Fake news.

victory-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

TitianGerm wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/MattOrdish/status/1013883381850038278?s=19

Milner is a machine :pac: some of the comments are funny as well.
    He is some man. People give the excuse of Rooney playing from very young as a reason his legs went so early. Well Milner started off just as early and has a lot of miles on the clock aswell. Milner is obviously a lad that looks after himself and gets every last ounce possible out of his career.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

De Gea is at Melwood. Its Happening*.

*No its not.

Strike ne off the list.
    Told that #LFC have zero interest in Barcelona keeper Jasper Cillessen - despite the recent speculation.

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/1014151962630213637

I wouldn't want him! Has barely played for Barca, less than 30 games in two seasons (mostly cup). He's a downgrade.

I actually think we should stick with Karius! If he had a normal game in the CL final, I think most fans would have been happy with him. He had a bad game on the biggest stage possible. In the prior 6 months, he was excellent, was improving, and won us a LOT of points.

If we cannot sign a keeper which is a CLEAR improvement (e.g. Oblek, Neuer or Courtois), then we trust him to put it behind him.

• Advertisement

I still remember yer man in here calling Cillessen the best shot stopper in the world a few weeks back. No wonder he closed his account. :D

Just looking at Donnarumma there he has 125 senior games played for AC Milan and he is not even 19 and half yet with 6 games for Italy.

That is impressive as fcuk for someone of that age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The lack of transfer news make me think that Klopps targets are still in the world cup with them being Alisson, Fekir and Shaqiri.

If we were to bring them 3 in along with Keita and Fabinho i would be delighted. Sell Ings and keep Origi. Send Solanke on loan and call up Brewster to the squad.

Just looking at Donnarumma there he has 125 senior games played for AC Milan and he is not even 19 and half yet with 6 games for Italy.

That is impressive as fcuk for someone of that age.

I think he's the exception to the "already world class" keepers I'd want. If you could get him, I think you do it, but I reckon Chelsea will be all over that if Courtois really wants to go. London an easier sell of course. But I wonder what sort of purse they will have after their league finish and with Roman's visa problems?

I’d stay well away from Raiola clients, much more trouble than they’re worth and typically big headed like their agent.

Donnarumma is a great young keeper though, has the quality to play for all but the very biggest clubs in Europe.

Dickerty wrote: »

I actually think we should stick with Karius! If he had a normal game in the CL final, I think most fans would have been happy with him. He had a bad game on the biggest stage possible. In the prior 6 months, he was excellent, was improving, and won us a LOT of points. .............

I think that was due in no small part to Virgil and Robertson really improving the back 4. I reckon we'd have seen performances just as good from Mignolet.

Karius will be found out again if we stick with him as #1 and it won't be due to concussion either I reckon.

martyos121 wrote: »
    I’d stay well away from Raiola clients, much more trouble than they’re worth and typically big headed like their agent.

That's not really true - Matuidi, Lukaku and Mkhitaryan are all his and don't appear to be trouble. Most footballers are trouble by default!

That's not really true - Matuidi, Lukaku and Mkhitaryan are all his and don't appear to be trouble. Most footballers are trouble by default!

Raiola tried to stir up shît between United and City just before their derby match a few months back and Guardiola got wound up over it. We could do without the headache he brings to any club IMO. Most of his clients are top class but I don’t think it’s a coincidence that we haven’t been firmly linked with any since Klopp arrived.

Raiola also called Klopp a “piece of s**t at” one point. Our manager doesn’t strike me as the type to let that sort of thing slide.

I agree with your post overall though, his clients are far from the only troublemakers out there. I just think he attracts the very biggest egos is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Good vid Klopp like a leader at a hippy commune

• Advertisement

Raiola tried to stir up shît between United and City just before their derby match a few months back and Guardiola got wound up over it. We could do without the headache he brings to any club IMO. Most of his clients are top class but I don’t think it’s a coincidence that we haven’t been firmly linked with any since Klopp arrived.

Raiola also called Klopp a “piece of s**t at” one point. Our manager doesn’t strike me as the type to let that sort of thing slide.

I agree with your post overall though, his clients are far from the only troublemakers out there. I just think he attracts the very biggest egos is all.
    Raiola clients should 100% be a no go , He is all about getting himself and his lads cash, he has no interest in what is best for them as footballers
    ,I know in any job you cant really knock guys for wanting more money its the whole reason behind a job but  even if a move seems stupid or they will regress as a player he doesn't care as long as it'll make him and them more cash,
    If we signed one of his guys and they turned out to be good they will be looking for a move within 24 months for bigger bucks no question ,Loyalty is not something they care about at all,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Donnarumma is a great young keeper though, has the quality to play for all but the very biggest clubs in Europe.

You’d rather see him somewhere that’s not Italy though first to make sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Where are the rumours coming from ?

Peter Phillips tweeted something about it.....Pearce says its not the guy from Barca

Turtyturd wrote: »
    You’d rather see him somewhere that’s not Italy though first to make sure.

I don’t think Southampton can afford him. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

robwen wrote: »

Good vid Klopp like a leader at a hippy commune

I love that Club, I love JM but I'd Marry JK in a heartbeat,:D

And I don't care who knows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

In the prior 6 months, he was excellent, was improving, and won us a LOT of points.

If we cannot sign a keeper which is a CLEAR improvement (e.g. Oblek, Neuer or Courtois), then we trust him to put it behind him.

This has been discussed a few times here and not once has anyone(that I can remember anyway) been able to show where he won us any points let alone a LOT of points as you say.
    Sure, he made saves, but saves you expect him to make. He has a brain like a cabbage and can't concentrate for 90 mins.
    I've been clear from the start, I don't want him in the team, never had, he's not good enough, even during his improved patch he still wasn't brilliant.
    There are keepers who are skills size, as good as him but don't make such mistakes or put the fear of God into their defence.
    If I was a religious man I'd be praying every night that we sign a keeper, I trust Klopp, but he seems a stubborn man and might just stick with him. This gives me the sh1ts, it really does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

.red. wrote: »
    This has been discussed a few times here and not once has anyone(that I can remember anyway) been able to show where he won us any points let alone a LOT of points as you say.
    Sure, he made saves, but saves you expect him to make. He has a brain like a cabbage and can't concentrate for 90 mins.
    I've been clear from the start, I don't want him in the team, never had, he's not good enough, even during his improved patch he still wasn't brilliant.
    There are keepers who are skills size, as good as him but don't make such mistakes or put the fear of God into their defence.
    If I was a religious man I'd be praying every night that we sign a keeper, I trust Klopp, but he seems a stubborn man and might just stick with him. This gives me the sh1ts, it really does.

Unbelievably I think you may have insulted cabbages.

I'd still have him over Mingolet until his next OMFG moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I wouldn't want him! Has barely played for Barca, less than 30 games in two seasons (mostly cup). He's a downgrade.

I actually think we should stick with Karius! If he had a normal game in the CL final, I think most fans would have been happy with him. He had a bad game on the biggest stage possible. In the prior 6 months, he was excellent, was improving, and won us a LOT of points.

Excellent? You and I have a different idea of excellence.
    Maybe it's like how they've dumbed down the leaving cert? A H1 today mightve gotten you a C3 in the 80s/90s.
    Karius was poor for the entire season and saved very few shots of note. The fact that he appeared to keep a few clean sheets in the last few months of the season was more to do with the big Dutch lad in front of him preventing the same quantity of shots coming in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

not yet wrote: »
    I love that Club, I love JM but I'd Marry JK in a heartbeat,:D

And I don't care who knows.

I just really want a hug from him, no need for nuptials.

Had a dream recently where I was in training with the team and Klopp's way of saying someone was doing sh!te was to tell them to make a cup of tea - he turns to me and says 'time for your cup - Lyons or Barrys?' and I start screaming 'but chef, but chef (chef is German for boss) I don't want tea, I'll try harder' and he turns to me, a bit menacing, 'how many sugars?' and I woke up - analyse that! So yeah, I need a hug from him so I know everything is cool between us...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Embarrassing by Hendo there

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement