Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

paulie21 wrote: »
    Embarrassing by Hendo there

Yea disgusted seeing that. Give the armband to Van Dijk i say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Even pointed at where he was going to fall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Henderson threw a head that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

why didn't we sign Pickford again?

Danny Murphy off celebrating as we speak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Oh Jordan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Hendo doesn't want to miss the Chester game...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

feel bad Henderson missed, not a bad peno, why are Liverpool so bad at them recently? phew Colombia missed the next

Might have been concussed?

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Might have been concussed?

He did headbutt a Colombian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

hmmmm the nightmare continues, at least Henderson isn't the scapegoat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Took a good pen ,was a great save

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Huge game by the Captain there. That midfield of England's is the busiest at the world cup and he was still at it right to the end.

I'm only sorry he won't be home sooner, but at least he won't get crucified for the penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Gbear wrote: »
    Huge game by the Captain there. That midfield of England's is the busiest at the world cup and he was still at it right to the end.

I'm only sorry he won't be home sooner, but at least he won't get crucified for the penalty.

He was excellent tonight

It's a thankless task in that team with the way they are set up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Slipped a nice ball through to Rose too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Took a good pen ,was a great save

Not enough power in it but yeah wasn't the worst. No idea why he was in the first 5 though when Vardy was on the pitch. Went from Hamilton claiming him and Kane would be taking the first 2 to none at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Surely Mira would be a great buy , He lools amazing has everything and seems to be a leader and has fir in his belly

Surely Mira would be a great buy , He lools amazing has everything and seems to be a leader and has fir in his belly

He joined Barca in January.

If they were to sell him it would cost more than VVD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Watch his performance against Levante a few months ago and get back to us on that. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Not enough power in it but yeah wasn't the worst. No idea why he was in the first 5 though when Vardy was on the pitch. Went from Hamilton claiming him and Kane would be taking the first 2 to none at all.

Vardy looked to be holding his groin during the celebrations after the shootout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Vardy looked to be holding his groin during the celebrations after the shootout.

Most probably indulging in some crude stereotyping towards the Colombian players, then. He's a bad 'un.

Here's an early call Everton will finish above Liverpool this season due to Pickford.

Decent article here I feel ........... https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/keita-fabinho-perfect-for-liverpool-14861384 .........

"As for Fabinho, he’s someone we’ve been waiting for since Javier Mascherano left in 2010.

Klopp’s system requires his team to play on the front foot, nicking the ball and surging up the pitch to participate in the attack, thus stretching the role of an orthodox defensive midfielder.

That’s left Liverpool vulnerable at times, which is why Fabinho is such an exciting prospect. He averaged 3.4 tackles and 1.3 interceptions per game last season, more than any of the Liverpool crop, and will therefore offer a blanket in front of the defence while possessing the quality in possession to keep the team ticking over on an attacking front."

I won't pretend to have known that Fabinho is that sort of player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Here's an early call Everton will finish above Liverpool this season due to Pickford.

Is that you Richard Keys?

Its too early to be drinking mate.

• Advertisement

Its too early to be drinking mate.

Well, it works for Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Cant believe people are still debating the Karius issue. I see goalkeepers like untrained dogs- if a dog bites someone your best bet is to get rid because they will bite again. Similarily if goalkeepers make huge cock ups they go on to do it again and again. Karius (and Migs) clearly fit this mould, as did David James and Bruce Grobbelar before them. We got away with Brucies antics back in the 80s because the attack was so good. The modern game is very different to that and goalkeeper mistakes get punished ruthlessly as we know from the CL final.

Ive lots of sympathy for Karius and what happened but at the same time I recognise that the margins in football are so slim these days that having a goalkeeper as a liability is just not an option if we want to compete for a title. People need to ask themselves would they be happy having Karius in goal whilst leading the league by a single point in April with three games left to go to finally win a title? I know I wouldnt and doubt the players around him would either.

Indeed, also, should Salah not be as prolific in front of goal and one of Firmino or Mane or the midfielders don't make up the "shortfall" then we really might be needing an improved GK to stay in the Top4, not to mind challenge for the PL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

And just on the Karius improvement from January onwards, Ive a suspicion that it was down to VVD (and Robbo) shoring up the defence and us conceding less shots on target.

Id love to see some Opta stats on how many goal scoring chances we gave opposing teams before VVD arrived and after he arrived. I could be wrong but my gut instinct is that the Karius improvement was largely down to clean sheets which were earned by the defence. Im not saying Karuis didnt make any good saves in that period but I do feel he faced less tests of his ability because of how well the back line were protecting his goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Muahahaha wrote: »
    And just on the Karius improvement from January onwards, Ive a suspicion that it was down to VVD (and Robbo) shoring up the defence and us conceding less shots on target.

Id love to see some Opta stats on how many goal scoring chances we gave opposing teams before VVD arrived and after he arrived. I could be wrong but my gut instinct is that the Karius improvement was largely down to clean sheets which were earned by the defence. Im not saying Karuis didnt make any good saves in that period but I do feel he faced less tests of his ability because of how well the back line were protecting his goal.

Definitely Karius' improvement is down to the lanky Dutch unit in front of him, VVD has brought a relative calmness that we didn't have before he joined us...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Fieldog wrote: »

Definitely Karius' improvement is down to the lanky Dutch unit in front of him, VVD has brought a relative calmness that we didn't have before he joined us...
    I love that people bang on about the improvement , he went from a lad who'd get a game for your sunday league team to a championship level keeper , It's still  NOT good enough .,

And just on the Karius improvement from January onwards, Ive a suspicion that it was down to VVD (and Robbo) shoring up the defence and us conceding less shots on target..........
    Fieldog wrote: »

Indeed, was saying similar earlier in the week .......https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107421270&postcount=2787

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

If we want to challenge for the league we definitely need a new keeper, I wouldn't mind Karius playing the odd cup match though here and there...

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Cant believe people are still debating the Karius issue. I see goalkeepers like untrained dogs- if a dog bites someone your best bet is to get rid because they will bite again. Similarily if goalkeepers make huge cock ups they go on to do it again and again. Karius (and Migs) clearly fit this mould, as did David James and Bruce Grobbelar before them. We got away with Brucies antics back in the 80s because the attack was so good. The modern game is very different to that and goalkeeper mistakes get punished ruthlessly as we know from the CL final.

Ive lots of sympathy for Karius and what happened but at the same time I recognise that the margins in football are so slim these days that having a goalkeeper as a liability is just not an option if we want to compete for a title. People need to ask themselves would they be happy having Karius in goal whilst leading the league by a single point in April with three games left to go to finally win a title? I know I wouldnt and doubt the players around him would either.

Only 1 person's opinion matters on this sadly. I expect Karius to be our goalie come August 11th.

5starpool wrote: »
    Only 1 person's opinion matters on this sadly. I expect Karius to be our goalie come August 11th.

Sadly that 1 person that got us to two European Cup finals a league cup final none of which we won and back to back top 4 finishes.

However thankfully he probably knows a bit more about football than the rest of us or maybe it's time to get a new 1 in who knows goalkeepers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Not having enough goalscorers along with the goalkeeper are my two biggest concerns for this season, they got us 90 goals last year, we need a few other players to chip in with goals because if they stay fit and get us 60-70 goals that's still a very good to great season. We'll be hoping with VVD and Robertson starting from the first game along with Fabinho and Keita we'll be a little more solid.

I think I'd rank getting in players who will stick the ball in the net is a bigger priority than a Karius re placement because injuries and/or lack of form from our current front three next season would have a bigger impact on our season than Karius throwing a few into the net will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

if goalkeepers make huge cock ups they go on to do it again and again.

AxNf.gif

ConventionalMeagerGopher-max-1mb.gif

Take em out and shoot them alright....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

5starpool wrote: »

I'll cry if that comes to pass

Ardent wrote: »

It wouldn't surprise me.
    He was bought to be our #1 keeper and he's only been that for half a season ish after being dropped after his initial performances being absolutely terrible.
    Could easily see him get another season prove (well, try to I suppose) he's up to the job :)

We don't play RM every week :pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Ardent wrote: »

Get the tissues ready. Hopefully the general defensive improvements post the Spurs away game continue next season and the goalie will have less to be doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

We had a good few CS last year when the keeper didn't have to make a single save. Our keepers don't face many shots the problem is they concede a very high percentage of the ones they face.

AxNf.gif

Take em out and shoot them alright....

Didn’t De Gea do the exact same thing against ‘Ronnie’ a few weeks ago?

Echo reporting that Klopp will persist with Karius as our number 1 goalkeeper for next season.

I trust Klopp but not on this one. Karius is just not good enough and will cost us again in a big match.

Time to spend big on a goalkeeper ffs.

I trust Klopp when he makes decisions I agree with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Contains actual footage of our goalkeeping coach working with our goalies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Karius is a decent goalkeeper.
    It is all mental with Karius.

He looks very nervous . Bale's shot in the CL final for the 3rd goal would not have happened if he didn't make the first error for example.
    I think a loan move would be good for him but that won't happen as there isn't many keepers out there & some are way overpriced like Alisson.

Oblak is probably not realistic as Atletico have the CL final in their home stadium next season & have made some good signings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Augeo wrote: »
    It wouldn't surprise me.
    He was bought to be our #1 keeper and he's only been that for half a season ish after being dropped after his initial performances being absolutely terrible.
    Could easily see him get another season prove (well, try to I suppose) he's up to the job :)

We don't play RM every week :pac:

Yeah, this.
    I'd be afraid of his mental state in terms of the pressure real and imaginary that he'll feel for being perceived that he lost the final but Klopp may very well look at it in terms that if he can get over that, he can get over anything, and he wants to remain true to the trust he placed in him since January. He had 8 clean sheets in 16 PL games since then and a lot of people, including folks in this parish, were singing his praise for the improvement and how much more assured he was than Mig.

Then the CL final happened and a lot of people seem to have chosen not to take the concussion on board when commenting on his performance. I'd love to see a worldie big name buy, but that's going to be hard, if not impossible as world class goalies are rare, so chances are we'll see him retain the no.1 for next year too. Realism would say we need to get over it and move on - the concern is that one big blunder that even the most accomplished goalies could make and the fans and press will be all over him and even the most mentally strong goalies will struggle to deal with that...

Rumours Shaqiri is to be announced in the next few days.

Delighted if true i think he will be shrewd bit of buisness.

ricero wrote: »
    Rumours Shaqiri is to be announced in the next few days.

Delighted if true i think he will be shrewd bit of buisness.

Likewise. Think he'll be an excellent squad addition.

Also, those goalkeeper rumours about Klopp being happy to start with Karius have been rubbished. Taken out of context apparently - well, it is Twitter after all - and the hunt for a keeper goes on. What I like about Klopp is - like with VVD - he is stubborn about getting his targets and that may take a while.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

mosstin wrote:
    Also, those goalkeeper rumours about Klopp being happy to start with Karius have been rubbished. Taken out of context apparently - well, it is Twitter after all - and the hunt for a keeper goes on. What I like about Klopp is - like with VVD - he is stubborn about getting his targets and that may take a while.

Donnurama is available

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement