Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

Bobby looks like he got a bit of work done, face looks all swollen like a botox addicted Instagram slag.
    I'd love to see him with a few assists and a no look finish to make it 3-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

This time last year most of the same fans that are calling out Karius were calling for the head of Lovren and saying the club would be in huge trouble if Lovren stayed.

Now most of those think Lovren is grand.

It's a funny old game.

I'm sure Klopp has a goalkeeper or two targeted and will wait like he did with VVD to try and get the right one.

There will be a very expensive Goalkeeper Merry-Go-Round coming up and I would imagine Liverpool will be involved in it.

Not me, always hated Karius and can barely stand Lovren. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

We should put a bid in for that Coutinho lad!!!

If only we could have held on to him until the summer we could have got extra

martyos121 wrote: »
    Lads, Simon Mignolet might actually win a World Cup. :eek:

Or Lovern

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

We'll be getting Bobby home earlier than thought

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Good to get a lightly worked bobby back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Or Lovern

Or, or, get this - Hendo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Bobby is the hero they needed, but not the one they deserved.

Sofa Spud wrote: »

Or TAA!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

A fraud who doesn't believe in Bobby's majesty is quickly exposed.

• Advertisement

He will be transferred before season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Had an rather strange dream he went to Spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Had an rather strange dream he went to Spurs

I was thinking Swords would be a bit of a step down, even for the most belligerent anti-Hendonites.

About as much chance of Salah going as Hendo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

He's coming home, he's coming home, Bobby, Bobby's coming home, he's coming home, he's coming home, he's coming, Bobby's coming home! :pac:

.red. wrote: »
    Or TAA!!

Think the christian bankmanager is more likely to stick with Trippier - would be great experience for him if he could get some game time, but Sweden have a good chance tomorrow and the moving of the Tranmere game to Tuesday to avoid a potential clash with the semi on Wednesday has completely jinxed them...

.red. wrote: »
    About as much chance of Salah going as Hendo.

Will not play many games or captain may leave of his own will

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Will not play many games or captain may leave of his own will

He'll play more games than his detractors expect, barring injury.

We're going deep into the Cups this year :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

We're going deep into the Cups this year :D

Could be Lovren versus Hendo in a World Cup semi final. What Liverpool fan would have thought that at the start of the season!!! :eek:

• Advertisement

/faints with excitement!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I can't believe just how much talk there's been on here over the past few weeks of Karius being our keeper, especially when basically everyone is saying the same thing - "we'd like a better one, if Klopp can find the right guy to suit him"

So i'll say no more about that. Just want to comment on the instagram stuff, and the instant characterisation of him based on those 30 seconds. I've watched a few of his actual proper interviews, and - particularly in the longer ones - he actually comes across very shy and introverted and as a decent enough guy. (admittedly perhaps not exactly what you want from a keeper, but purely speaking on his personality here).

Have to keep in mind that that wee insta yolk was a properly produced thing. So there was a director, and a cinematographer, and a drone pilot, and a producer telling him exactly what to do. Yeah, he could say he didn't want to do certain parts of it, but at the end of the day he's a young guy for whom every single aspect of life is being told what to do. It comes across pretty cringe to us, but we're not the market, and that market is who the director and producer are playing to. Wouldn't be too harsh on him for it... there's plenty in his actual game to criticize, so unless he does actual bad things in his personal life, this sort of stuff is media/marketing nonsense which shouldn't really sway anyone one way or another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Keepers have always been a bit odd, they were when I was playing schoolboy football and that trend continued till i was in my mid twenties playing for a pub team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Did fekir come on for France today?

Two minutes. Did nothing.

Liverpool Chester game the same time as the England game?

Surprised the kickoff wasn't shifted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

RoboKlopp wrote: »

I reckon Sweden would have been annoyed if they changed ko at this stage.

mosstin wrote: »
    I reckon Sweden would have been annoyed if they changed ko at this stage.

:D

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

RoboKlopp wrote: »

Apparently they tried but somehow it wasn't logistically possible, which seems odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

I know there is a tickets forum here as well but just posting here as I might get a response a little quicker,how reliable would people be selling tickets for Liverpool home matches be on donedeal,presume some would be frauds and what would you look out for

Team for Chester announced - apparently Fabinho (also known to some fans as Paulinho...) is wearing No.3 today but it's not his officially assigned squad number for the season, which will be announced at a later date.

Planned first-half team: Karius, Clyne, Gomez, Phillips, Moreno, Fabinho, Jones, Woodburn, Wilson, Solanke, Origi.

Planned second-half team: Ward, Robertson, Klavan, Phillips (Chirivella), Camacho, Milner, Keita, Kent, Ojo, Ings, Sturridge.

Lallana was sick earlier this week so will miss out and should be ok for Tuesday. Shame we don't get to see Nabby and Brazillian bloke start together but lots of young talent there - looking forward to seeing how Wilson does and Camacho who scored that worldie against Utd last season in the Uefa match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

First half and second half team confirmed for the first preseason game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is Masterson injured?

Disappointed not to see him involved.

Is Masterson injured?

Disappointed not to see him involved.

No news of it anywhere so no idea. Was surprised to see Gomez included as he was still recovering from an ankle injury - an operation on it, no?

Any streams? :)

edit found one but not saying where :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Curious about this Phillips bloke (Don't ask me to spell his real name). Anyone know if he's any use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Any streams? :)

edit found one but not saying where :D

Actually just subbed LFCTV for the month for 5.50 as my IPTV one was hopping a bit, doesn't work on browser of my TV but does on the PS4 thankfully...

Curious about this Phillips bloke (Don't ask me to spell his real name). Anyone know if he's any use.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/team/academy/player/nathaniel-phillips

Stevie G had a 6-0 win last night against Bury, girlfriend basher got half a game. He's got his first EL match next Thurs against some Macedonian team - feels a bit dirty to be looking at Rangers results...

I literally don't give a fig about Rangers, if Dalglish fulfilled his boyhood dream :D and got the job there I'd not look at their results and I really hope none of the best youth players are tempted to follow Gerrard up there.

• Advertisement

Klopp was wandering around the crowd talking to everyone and signing autographs and having the craic with people, fair play to him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Confusing myself here....chirivella is the one I'm curious about. They had his name in brackets beside Phillips so just assumed they had christened him Phillips based on a foreign sounding name!

Chivvy has been on loan in godknowswhere (edit - Willem 2 in Holland), but he always looked quite cultured for the U21s as was. Hard to imagine he has any future at the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Chivvy has been on loan in godknowswhere (edit - William 2 in Holland), but he always looked quite cultured for the U21s as was. Hard to imagine he has any future at the club

very easy to look cultured at u21 & youth level when nobody tackles for the ball.

I've watched enough underage football to also know you can look like a lummox when no one is tackling as well.

Klopp giving to the bold boys on the water break, I think Woodburn got a bit of that, ha ha...

Decent strike by Fabinho there - looks like the pitch did him no favours

Decent strike by Fabinho there - looks like the pitch did him no favours

Was nice alright, Clyne looking super sharp, good to see...

Sweet, nicely taken by Wilson - didn't expect it to take so long to get the first goal...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Do we expect Wilson to be a first team squad member this season?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement