Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Arsenal got Leno,I'd love for us to go in for fahrmann,he wouldn't cost the earth and would be a massive upgrade on karius

You being a secret Schalke fan can be the only reason for wanting Ralf Fahrmann at Liverpool. I watch him regularly live and in training due to work and he isnt half as good as Karius was in his last season in the Bundesliga. He is as the Germans would say....a good weather keeper......or put simply...he is very inconsistant.

Real LFC fans should be getting behind Karius, supporting him and trying to build the lads confidence because thats all he needs with a solid defence infront of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Klopp gives the young players a chance in preseason games and the Coca Cola Cupsy but that's it. The unexpected can win you Premier League games that are 0-0. Would really like to see Woodburn, Wilson and Brewster getting bench time and minutes on the pitch in league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

You being a secret Schalke fan can be the only reason for wanting Ralf Fahrmann at Liverpool. I watch him regularly live and in training due to work and he isnt half as good as Karius was in his last season in the Bundesliga. He is as the Germans would say....a good weather keeper......or put simply...he is very inconsistant.

Real LFC fans should be getting behind Karius, supporting him and trying to build the lads confidence because thats all he needs with a solid defence infront of him .

All that karius needs is skill, ability, natural talent and to stop playing with his hair and focus on the damn game. Sadly, he has proven incapable of this and now what he needs is a transfer out. What's the point in trying to build confidence in someone who has worse lapses than mignolet? He's his own undoing time and time again. Just as soon as he starts to resemble a keeper (albeit a rather poor one) he is prone to committing yet another howler and both his confidence plus our faith in him plummets again.

1.All that karius needs is skill, ability, natural talent and to stop playing with his hair and focus on the damn game. Sadly, he has proven incapable of this and now what he needs is a transfer out. 2.What's the point in trying to build confidence in someone who has worse lapses than mignolet? He's his own undoing time and time again. 3. Just as soon as he starts to resemble a keeper (albeit a rather poor one) he is prone to committing yet another howler and both his confidence plus 4.our faith in him plummets again.

1. Has them all, otherwise he wouldnt be where he is.
    2. He was solid in the Bundesliga, playing with a solid back line infront of him.
    3. Poor keepers are not voted better than Neuer in the Bundesliga
    4. Our faith doesnt mean Jack Sh1t.....once Klopp has faith in him you as a so called fan should support him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Grobbelaar came in for some criticism early on his career. He was spectacularly eccentric charging off his line with mixed results. He ended up 17th on players that spook the kop. Not saying Karius can turn it round he certainly hasn't demonstrated much positive to date but I gave Mingolet a lot longer before I gave up on him.

If only Karius' mistakes weren't so brain dead and not in the CL final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Grobbelaar came in for some criticism early on his career. He was spectacularly eccentric charging off his line with mixed results. He ended up 17th on players that spook the kop. Not saying Karius can turn it round he certainly hasn't demonstrated much positive to date but I gave Mingolet a lot longer before I gave up on him.

Mingolet, are you for real he is 30 and has been at the club since 2013. I'm officially given up on him

I'm trying to see in what way you could have misinterpreted my Mingolet comment but don't see it. Perhaps if you read it again?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Karius definitely spooks the Kop on a regular basis!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

sideswipe wrote: »
    Can't believe people are still debating the whole Karius debacle. For me regardless of his dubious ability as a goalkeeper he doesn't deserve to be Liverpool's number one based on that video of himself in LA that he posted. I think it's quite telling what type of character he is. After the mistakes he made in the CL final and then the whole 'concussion gate' episode you'd imagine he'd get his head down and concentrate on saving his career rather than drawing attention to himself in such a cringy manner.

don't judge a a person by an instagram video lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

5starpool wrote: »
    Karius definitely spooks the Kop on a regular basis!

Ghost goal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

All that karius needs is skill, ability, natural talent and to stop playing with his hair and focus on the damn game.

Calm down Gareth Crooks...

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Has there been any more news on Sean Cox?

Remains in a critical condition ........ that was the last I heard about a week or so ago maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Utd have offered the Thai cave boys a trip over.....have they not been through a terrible ordeal already ?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Big game tonight against Tranmere. I'm planning on keeping a good eye on it on my laptop while the less important world cup match is on the telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Lallana gets a start tonight, VVD and Gini only just back so won't be involved and Ings probably not due to severe blisters!? I get it if mere mortals have to break in a new pair of boots and blisters will happen, but would have thought pro's get high tech boots individually moulded to their feet or some such high falutin' futuristic kit that doesn't cripple them...

He mght have had a reaction to unusual/strenuous pre season training or something. Just one of those things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Ronaldo to Juve confirmed,

Time to get on the Dybala train

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

So all of us who don't think karius is good enough and want him replaced aren't real Liverpool fans Jesus h Christ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Vicxas wrote: »
    Ronaldo to Juve confirmed,

Time to get on the Dybala train

James Pearce has said the club have dismissed the link.

It doesn't really make any sense. Dybala would be presumably seen as a long term, 10-15 year mainstay in their attack. I can't imagine they're short of money anyway.

Higuain would make a lot more sense as someone being shown the door.

€90m seems suspiciously cheap in this market as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

If we’re going to try and nab any player from Juve as a knock-on of the Ronaldo transfer, Douglas Costa is the obvious one surely? They just bought him for next to nothing and they’d turn a nice profit off him, plus he’s got the pace and intensity to seamlessly fit into our forward line. Also, another Brazilian mate for Bobby would be great. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Football may be coming home, but Ronaldo isn't.

Off to Juve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

He can fill the void when Salah joins RM.

Juventus must be more than just aspiring to win a CL over the coming few seasons.

• Advertisement

Team for tonight....

First-half team: Ward, Camacho, Phillips, Klavan, Robertson, Fabinho, Keita, Lallana, Kent, Ojo, Solanke.

Second-half team: Karius, Clyne, Gomez, Chirivella, Moreno, Milner, Woodburn, Jones, Wilson, Origi, Sturridge.

Academy goalkeeper Caoimhin Kelleher is available as an additional substitute.

Great to be able to see Nabby and Fabby start together - hopefully the camera angles will let us see a bit more of the action this time..

Gbear wrote: »
    James Pearce has said the club have dismissed the link.

It doesn't really make any sense. Dybala would be presumably seen as a long term, 10-15 year mainstay in their attack. I can't imagine they're short of money anyway.

Higuain would make a lot more sense as someone being shown the door.

€90m seems suspiciously cheap in this market as well.

Wonder if the wages are an issue? Getting his salary off their wageroll would free up a lot of money even for RM. The fee is low though as I think he can perform for 4 more years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

"suspiciously cheap" at €90 million? Deal includes €500,000 per week and the same in tax, coming to about €340 million over the four years.

Far from cheap!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    Team for tonight....

First-half team: Ward, Camacho, Phillips, Klavan, Robertson, Fabinho, Keita, Lallana, Kent, Ojo, Solanke.

Second-half team: Karius, Clyne, Gomez, Chirivella, Moreno, Milner, Woodburn, Jones, Wilson, Origi, Sturridge.

Academy goalkeeper Caoimhin Kelleher is available as an additional substitute.

Great to be able to see Nabby and Fabby start together - hopefully the camera angles will let us see a bit more of the action this time..

Nice to see Origi and Sturridge play together again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Wonder if the wages are an issue? Getting his salary off their wageroll would free up a lot of money even for RM. The fee is low though as I think he can perform for 4 more years.

No, I meant €90m (the touted fee) is cheap for Dybala.

That's just kinda normal market value, so they'd really have to be happy to see the back of him.

• Advertisement

This better become a thing! :pac:

ah yeah sorry didn't read your post correctly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Nice to see Origi and Sturridge play together again.

Shows how both have declined as they were both in the World Cup 4 years ago.

Nice set up by Ojo - not lacking in energy..

Lallana poaches a decent goal - 3-0 - stream went down so don't know who got the 2nd - camera angles are sh!t but some good play so far - Nabby has had a few moments where he's shown his sharpness and some good reactions to get a quick pass in but overall it is what it is, a pre-season friendly...

Lallana poaches a decent goal - 3-0 - stream went down so don't know who got the 2nd - camera angles are sh!t but some good play so far - Nabby has had a few moments where he's shown his sharpness and some good reactions to get a quick pass in but overall it is what it is, a pre-season friendly...

htXps://www.skorlive.com/soccer showing it. Quality not bad and seems to be legal ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭ratracer

Ojo got the second, nice goal, we’ll worked by himself. Not a bad run out so far, Solanke is poor though, really don’t think he offers anything.

ratracer wrote: »
    Ojo got the second, nice goal, we’ll worked by himself. Not a bad run out so far, Solanke is poor though, really don’t think he offers anything.

You really can't judge a player in a game like this.

All about fitness.

Fair dues to Ojo - certainly trying his best to impress the boss while the rest are away and lallana is running around like a mad thing getting involved in everything. Nabby looking comfortable on the right side and Camacho is looking good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

ratracer wrote:

It's only preseason & I expect Firmino starting vs West Ham first day of the season but I hope he starts scoring soon.
    Good to see Lallana score. He was one of our best players under Klopp before a disastrous last season with injuries he never shuck off. Hoping he can help out Milner in our crusty veteran role.

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
    It's only preseason & I expect Firmino starting vs West Ham first day of the season but I hope he starts scoring soon.
    Good to see Lallana score. He was one of our best players under Klopp before a disastrous last season with injuries he never shuck off. Hoping he can help out Milner in our crusty veteran role.

To be fair, there's nothing crusty about Millie, he literally runs rings around the rest of 'em...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

murpho999 wrote: »
    You really can't judge a player in a game like this.

All about fitness.

Works both ways though, people were heaping praise on him last year when he looked sharp in pre season.

He played enough during the season to make it clear imo that he's not good enough yet. Doesn't really excel at anything, I'd be amazed if he had a career at Liverpool.

Works both ways though, people were heaping praise on him last year when he looked sharp in pre season.

He played enough during the season to make it clear imo that he's not good enough yet. Doesn't really excel at anything, I'd be amazed if he had a career at Liverpool.

I don't heap praise on them either at this stage.

These early games are all about fitness and sharpness. It's only in the last couple of pre-season games that you can start to make any assessment.

Solanke does have a career at Liverpool and is a young improving player. Too early to write him off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭ratracer

I’m not just judging Solanke on these Pre-season games, he got a few chances last year, and while it took him a long time to score, it was a case of him trying too hard to just get the first. Nothing wrong with that on its own, especially at at Liverpool, but then he should be capable of better against this type of opposition. I would prefer to see Wilson kept and Solanke sent out on loan this season.

ratracer wrote: »
    I’m not just judging Solanke on these Pre-season games, he got a few chances last year, and while it took him a long time to score, it was a case of him trying too hard to just get the first. Nothing wrong with that on its own, especially at at Liverpool, but then he should be capable of better against this type of opposition. I would prefer to see Wilson kept and Solanke sent out on loan this season.

I'm happy enough to let Klopp decide.

He had a good goal in the last home game and could do better this year. He had a tough role coming on as sub all the time and replacing Salah or Firmino.

murpho999 wrote: »

Solanke does have a career at Liverpool and is a young improving player. Too early to write him off.

Meh in your opinion, not in mine though, time will tell I guess.

Taxi for Karius

Taxi for Karius

Don't tell me it was a howler, was it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Solanke won't make it at Liverpool,doubt he'll get many chances this season either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Karius,

I can't believe he fumbled that, Christ...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement