Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Whole Liverpool side having a sh1te game in the second half. Big question is why was there a big hole in the wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Danny Ward made a few nice saves in the first half from the bits I saw, should be number one, the Karius lads heads gone, could hear the fans booing him and all, not looking good for him if the fans are turning even more...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Don't tell me it was a howler, was it?

Ball straight in the bread basket fumbled to the oncoming player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Karius is showing great improvement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Yea, just saw it now, dear oh dear.

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    Karius,

I can't believe he fumbled that, Christ...

You can't really?

https://streamable.com/eqvy7

For the gazillionth time...

We need a keeper... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

A Karius howler in pre season. Actually might not be a bad thing if they were genuinely thinking of giving him another chance. Surely have to be looking at other options.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    To be fair, there's nothing crusty about Millie, he literally runs rings around the rest of 'em...

It's more a term of endearment from me. Based from Wrestling.

https://twitter.com/Dijkinho/status/1016774058632007680?s=19

I feel.bad for the guy he can't stay in goals for us he's broken.

Howler number 2, holy jaysus...

Edit : defenders fault obviously

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Well he was blamless for that one. Centre back asleep with the ball at his feet under NO pressure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Fieldog wrote: »
    https://streamable.com/eqvy7

For the gazillionth time...

We need a keeper... :(

The lad needs to leave

Very good turnout for this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

ERG89 wrote: »
    It's more a term of endearment from me. Based from Wrestling.

https://twitter.com/Dijkinho/status/1016774058632007680?s=19

I feel.bad for the guy he can't stay in goals for us he's broken.

You do need to laugh at that
    Costs us....in a preseason friendly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Klopp definitely has a problem with Karius.

I think he's just supporting him as much as he can until he's replaced.

No no no, leave karius alone and back him,do you not know you are not a real Liverpool fan unless you back him 100%.

Could be a blessing in disguise him having stinkers now. It might swing Klopp if he was thinking about keeping him as number 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

How many times ,
    Imagine people where sayimg stick with him today he is just ****img awful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Well that was certainly a game of two halves - I've been firmly on the 'if Klopp is supporting him then we all should' bus but that just feels like it could be hard to maintain, regardless of the fact it's just a meaningless pre-season friendly - the headlines, blog posts and memes/gifs will write themselves after that and the pressure on the guy is gonna be relentless. All three of the U.S. games are gonna be big occasions in terms of opposition and crowds, if he can't put in decent performances then, you kinda have to ask at what point does Klopp's trust look misguided. Pfff - sh!ty place to be for him, the team and the fans...

We stick with him and we're ****ed

• Advertisement

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Could be a blessing in disguise him having stinkers now. It might swing Klopp if he was thinking about keeping him as number 1.

I think you're right....

"Liverpool bid £70m for Oblak" tomorrow please...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Yikes.

That's some howler

new number 1

article-P-69a6bdde-9011-40ab-bc15-dddaae35fbbb-6UplXhzFOHSK2-918_636x382.jpg

new number 1

Dare I say it...

"Can't be any worse than Karius"

Better the devil...

Oh no...

https://giphy.com/gifs/spoilers-thrones-tommen-kAeFXp5zLw96o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Karius is done now.

Should be sold for his own good.

We will get someone in I'm sure even if Alisson doesn't come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Karius was never up to the required standard for Liverpool. And he still isn't. He is not going to turn this around. He lacked the mental fortitude to be Liverpool's no 1 before the CL final nevermind now after that colossal disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Ah come on guys, he's still concussed and once his confidence builds up again he might even get back to a sub-mediocre level!
    I cannot believe that people have been defending him recently. The chap obviously just doesn't have the mustard. He should just go off and sort out his modelling career or whatever it is that makes him happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Anyone who wanted to replace Karius with an even poorer keeper in Jack fecking Butland doesn’t have a valid point here tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

new number 1

Please God no. I'd rather that young kelliher fella

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Ah come on guys, he's still concussed and once his confidence builds up again he might even get back to a sub-mediocre level!
    I cannot believe that people have been defending him recently. The chap obviously just doesn't have the mustard. He should just go off and sort out his modelling career or whatever it is that makes him happy.

This is it even at Karius very very best he is just mediocore ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

martyos121 wrote: »
    Anyone who wanted to replace Karius with an even poorer keeper in Jack fecking Butland doesn’t have a valid point here tbh.

Butland was a decent keeper until his injury. Karius was never even that.

In all honesty, that picture of Migs licking his lips is terrifying......

I can't unsee it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Butland was a decent keeper until his injury. Karius was never even that.

But you still thought we should sign him even though you admit yourself he isn’t even decent anymore? Bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

https://twitter.com/ROUNDTHEBEND__/status/1016785587397910528?s=19

This is Ben Tollit
    A Liverpool supporter
    Says it all really

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

This is it even at Karius very very best he is just mediocore ,

If you can't handle Karius at his mediocrist, you don't deserve him at his best, something, something. Maryln Monroe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

shamrock55 wrote:
    No no no, leave karius alone and back him,do you not know you are not a real Liverpool fan unless you back him 100%.

Making stuff up or has anyone actually said that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

If his heads gone, that's that. It's one thing if he'll do grand and then every few months make a error that might or might not lead to a loss, but if he can't make a save well there's no use persevering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

How many times , Imagine people where sayimg stick with him today he is just ****img awful

Who actually said stick with him?

Most people just said there is no point in replacing him with a **** keeper who will cost 30 million.

We all want a better keeper. All of us.

Dont try to change ye narrative just because we are saying there is no point crying online as its up to klopp and he seems to want karius. At least for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

He fumbled every shot before he came to us. I dunno why people are surprised. He spills everything. He probably drinks from a Sippy cup

SippyCupPink4_grande.jpg?v=1472112932

He done it with no pressure on him in the warm up against Chester, enough said.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

And now for something completely different....

https://twitter.com/JPercyTelegraph/status/1016799903933259782

Klopp knows the focus will continue to be on the 25-year-old.

“Yeah, it will probably happen for a while until he has a few fantastic games, that is how the situation is,” said the manager.

“We cannot change that. Our job is to perform and you do what you do and that is part of the deal.

“You (the media) can all stop it immediately – promise? You never ask again, that would be one little step.

“It is obvious, we don’t have to hide it. Yes he could have made that save even though the shot was not easy to deal with, a child could save it''

“I’ve seen this situation 500 times at least in training last season – ‘Bam’, against the chest, (ball) going down.

“Now Loris concedes that goal but we cannot start the story always after each mistake, if we did it would be a very long book. Mistakes will happen.

“I don’t like it, you don’t like it, he doesn’t like it, but they do happen. So let’s carry on and make the best of all these situations to learn from it.

“No-one likes that goal but if we talk about the second goal I think it was Millie’s (James Milner’s) fault together with (Pedro) Chirvella.

“Two brilliant footballers make this mistake, which one was the bigger? I would say the second one but we don’t talk about that.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

ricero wrote: »
    And now for something completely different....

https://twitter.com/JPercyTelegraph/status/1016799903933259782

Pearce reliable or tuttosport reliable?

It would constitute cruel and unusual punishment to allow Karius to continue to goal for Liverpool, he needs to be withdrawn and given time with a sports psychologist and then sent off on loan to a side well away from Liverpool, England indeed to re-find himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

He doesn't follow the flight of the ball correctly so never has his full body behind it, leading to spills and not having his hands/body positioned to secure it or punch it away properly. That's a basic thing that a goalkeeper needs to do and he can't. We all know he isn't up to but if he has any more mishaps in pre season the fans won't even give him the smallest of backing and it'll spill onto the pitch with moans every time he isn't perfect. He has to be taken out of the spotlight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I cant put up with this anymore, its gone too far and changes need to be made.

That jersey is wrank, who thought that pink numbers was going to look good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

It would constitute cruel and unusual punishment to allow Karius to continue to goal for Liverpool, he needs to be withdrawn and given time with a sports psychologist and then sent off on loan to a side well away from Liverpool, England indeed to re-find himself.

Agreed - it should be taken completely out of his hands.

Which won't be difficult. ;)

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I cant put up with this anymore, its gone too far and changes need to be made.

That jersey is wrank, who thought that pink numbers was going to look good?

They're not pink, but orange.

Looks fine to me.

Mr.H wrote: »
    Making stuff up or has anyone actually said that?

Read back some posts mate,it was said to me earlier

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement