Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

This is news to me, sources?

Heard the lads on the Anfield Wrap bring it up, I didn't hear a source though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

murpho999 wrote: »
    So we're starting light in midfield as you've gone worst case scenario on each player.
    Gini is only a rumour. Started 40 games last season so I don't believe he's going anywhere.
    Milner is fit as a fiddle and will be fine.
    Henderson can go straight in to the side when back.
    Lallana: Any player can get injured at any moment.

Hopefully get Shaqiri too and that will help, so I think we'll be fine.

Gini is a rumour but not one I like. Could easily be looking at how his game time will look come Jan/Feb and thinking he'll be sixth choice in midfield if we do sign Fekir.

Henderson's usually picks up a few knocks a season, no way Klopp throws him straight back in, he'll want him to rest and then go through a mini pre season training. Could be a few games before he gets a start and I wouldn't even rule out no starts until after the first International break.

Lalllana picks up more injuries than most so he'd can't be relied upon. I see him as a luxury when available but he can't be seem as a strength.

Milner, players age quickly and all of a sudden he might be a half step too slow and it's done.

I think we're starting the season with a lot of hope that we don't pick up injuries and Keita/Fabinho hit the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

This is news to me, sources?

A quick twitter search says fencerbache. Not ginis biggest fan but a move to the Turkish league seems a poor career move for him. Think he'd still be a good squad player next season, lot of games to be had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

This England Croatia game is set up for Lovren to gift England a penalty isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

This England Croatia game is set up for Lovren to gift England a penalty isn't it?

Or scoring from a corner while teabagging Kane.

It'd be classic England more than classic Lovren.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Sign up that Croatian keeper who doesn’t even stretch his arms out to attempt a save.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Nice to see the man city youth system paying dividends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Lovren putting it up to Kane there... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm backing Kane over Lovren tonight. Mouthy git.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Lovren's been poor. His mentality when things start to go wrong is shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

mosstin wrote: »
    Lovren's been poor. His mentality when things start to go wrong is shocking.

He made a fantastic last ditch clearance in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

ricero wrote: »
    He made a fantastic last ditch clearance in fairness

He'll score the winning header - 'Tis written in the stars...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I've tried saying "World Cup winner, Dejan Lovern" out loud and it just sounds daft

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I've tried saying "World Cup winner, Dejan Lovern" out loud and it just sounds daft

Yeah, but way better than England World Cup winners, our grandkids will have to suffer listening to them bang on about it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

gimli2112 wrote: »

As daft as "Champions League winner, Djimi Traore"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Even better would be " Lovren put the English out!!"

Glad it’s not just us Lovren tries those shots for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Turtyturd wrote: »

Have to admit I laughed a little when he hit it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

The one person you didn't want to be there when you square that pass.

• Advertisement

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Have to admit I laughed a little when he hit it

mosstin wrote: »
    The one person you didn't want to be there when you square that pass.

He actually had the opportunity to hit one towards the end of the last game but common sense won out. You just know he thinks ‘This is it, you’re going to be a hero Dejen.’ while completely forgetting about the week before when he hit it into row z.

Sweet!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

The English are not getting any decisions from the ref at all.

But at the end of day too many passengers on the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Lovern in a champions league final and a World Cup final. Well done ya mad hatter. In fairness does well in big games. Usually.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Lovern in a champions league final and a World Cup final. Well done ya mad hatter. In fairness does well in big games. Usually.

France will kill em. Mbappe will put Lovren on his arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Didn't give kane a sniff,well done dejan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Dejan hat trick of long range efforts will make up for it.

Off home you go

image.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Lovren in a ucl final and world cup final in one season. He can't be that bad can he?

• Advertisement

Didn't give kane a sniff,well done dejan

Dunno if it was Lovren...Kane’s been sh!te the whole tournament. Might as well have brought Daniel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Dunno if it was Lovren...Kane’s been sh!te the whole tournament. Might as well have brought Daniel.

It wasn't the other voronin wanna be anyway, kane and Ali were very poor tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Would love to see lovren and Croatia win the final, fancy France though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Lot of big headers in there. Huge block on Kane as well.
    He was exposed a bit by Sterling, but he took him down one way or the other.

England had very few chances and despite being in a lot of situations where they had space to run into, Croatia and Lovren did well to snuff nearly everything out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

I'm genuinely delighted for Lovern, getting the ultimate last laugh after that catastrophe vs Spurs when he was hauled off against a lot of the same players he faced down tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

rob316 wrote: »
    Lovren in a ucl final and world cup final in one season. He can't be that bad can he?

He's as good as Modric!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Lovren is a very good centre back, always shows up in the biggest games and some bad mistakes in less important games has clouded people’s judgement of him. Best of luck to him in the final, if he plays like he did in Kiev 6 weeks ago, Croatia have a real chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Well done Lovren, delighted for him and Modric.

Lovren probably thankful that Modric is on his team for his second huge final this season.

He is a big mouth at the best of times, imagine him with a WC winners medal in every social media pic. Unbearable.
    It's only the thought of Giroud with the World Cup in his hands that could allow me to back Croatia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

He is a big mouth at the best of times, imagine him with a WC winners medal in every social media pic. Unbearable.

The rest of the Croatia squad need to forget about training for the next four days and just focus on keeping Lovren away from the media. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

garra wrote: »
    Well done Lovren, delighted for him and Modric.

Lovren probably thankful that Modric is on his team for his second huge final this season.

No doubt. But probably even happier that Karius isn't on this national team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

You're probably right but it would be nice next season to throw back "World Cup winner" when people call him "Lolvren" etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That was gas when England had to hand the world cup back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

It's only the thought of Giroud with the World Cup in his hands that could allow me to back Croatia.

Curmudgeonly oul lad! If you can't say anything nice about your own players.. etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Would love to see Croatia win it.

Incredible achievement population of only 4 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Dejan Lovren, champions League and World Cup finalist in 2018.

I think I'm hallucinating!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

More talk tonight of Fekir to get his move.

Suppose to have told Aulas that he only wants to move to Lfc and to get the deal done.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Grayditch wrote: »
    That was gas when England had to hand the world cup back.

They didn't want to win it anyway.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Incredible achievement population of only 4 million.

Yep, they must have more players who you'd be happy to have in a squad per capita than any other nation even with Lovren watering down the numbers slightly!

Maddock banging the Fekir drum again says Lyon have a replacement ready if he goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,393 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ricero wrote: »
    More talk tonight of Fekir to get his move.

Suppose to have told Aulas that he only wants to move to Lfc and to get the deal done.

https://twitter.com/MaddockMirror/status/1017160947591413761?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Mr.H wrote: »
    It really isnt. Its on par with the bottom half of the championship at best. Take celtic out and its the same standard as league one.

Yeah but you're calling his first round of the League Cup appearance as top flight. The standard of that competition given how many teams rest players isn't light years above the SPL is what I'm saying.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement