Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Get that of Twitter did ya? :pac:

Ye David James's :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

All this negativity is to much about Karius most of the top goalkeepers this year have made some crazy howlers.

Karius has potential to be one of the best.
    Ya, the first mistake in Kiev was one of the best howlers I've seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

All this negativity is to much about Karius most of the top goalkeepers this year have made some crazy howlers.

doesn't matter if his head is gone. he's the opposite of Lovren really as he had a big enough head to play himself back into form. I don't think Karius has that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I like the optimism but he'll be replaced, its only a matter of time. Unless he has an amazing season of course, but based on everything we have seen that doesn't look realistic IMO.

Yep, I'd say Karius is on his last chance. If he starts the season as number 1 and makes a blunder he's done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I agree Karius has the potential to be Americas next top model if he keeps himself in shape!

When are we getting a look at Ward, why wasn't he involved against Bury?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

I agree Karius has the potential to be Americas next top model if he keeps himself in shape!

When are we getting a look at Ward, why wasn't he involved against Bury?

He was in Melwood for an extra training session - he's due to start and play most of the game against Blackburn on Thursday, with the young Polish lad due to get another bit of the second half on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Reading over on Reddit (great site) that there’s some talk of movement on Fekir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Reading over on Reddit (great site) that there’s some talk of movement on Fekir.

Top sports reporter with the Ruhrnachrichten (Local paper in Dortmund) saying for weeks that Klopp has all his deals already done. Just waiting for the WC to finish and for marketing reasons to announce deals. Says 2-3 more to come in and 4-5 out.

Someone linked the Alisson thread over there earlier have to agree great site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Someone linked the Alisson thread over there earlier have to agree great site.

Much creepy cyber-stalking?

corwill wrote: »
    Much creepy cyber-stalking?

No very friendly no aggressive posters or stalkers

Hmmm, sounds a bit weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So then

Alisson
    TAA--VVD-Lovren--Robbo
    Fabby
    Nabby
    Fekir
    --Salah--Firmino--Mane

It appears the signing policy revolves around double letters in a name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I've not been massively impressed with Allison, so I think 70m or whatever is too much.
    But if they can get him cheaper I'd be happy because the idea of Karius as number 1 again is too ****ty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Loveren proving his best defender statement.DiKdxZDWkAIfoC4.jpg:large

eyerer wrote: »
    I've not been massively impressed with Allison, so I think 70m or whatever is too much.
    But if they can get him cheaper I'd be happy because the idea of Karius as number 1 again is too ****ty

Either Allison is good enough or he's not.

If he is good enough enough then 70 seems fine to me. VVD was that and made a difference almost immediately.

If he's not good enough what's the point getting him for cheaper. We'll be back in the same position before we know it.

Personally, no idea if he is good enough. I'll just have to trust Klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Firmino with 200 more assists back in his hometown in Brazil, what a guy. :D
    He visited Japanese restaurant New Hakata on Thursday night, with manager Ede de Cassia telling UOL Esporte how Firmino bought a round of 200 beers for his fellow diners.

“He spent the whole night taking pictures, always very polite,” De Cassia recalled.

“Then he simply called me and said ‘how many people do you have here?’, I said between 200 and 300, and he said that he could buy a round of draught on his account.

“I asked if I could disclose this, and he said yes. The vocalist of the band was the one who [told everyone] that Firmino was buying the round.”

Firmino was already well received at the restaurant, De Cassia said, but this gesture made him a hero: “After that, boy, I had to contain people!”

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2018/07/roberto-firminos-brilliant-hometown-gesture-shows-generosity-of-liverpool-striker/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    eyerer wrote: »

Either Allison is good enough or he's not.

If he is good enough enough then 70 seems fine to me. VVD was that and made a difference almost immediately.

If he's not good enough what's the point getting him for cheaper. We'll be back in the same position before we know it.

Personally, no idea if he is good enough. I'll just have to trust Klopp.

Because he could be better than what we have but for that sort of money you'd be looking world class.

• Advertisement

Alisson won’t go for more than £50m wherever he goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

What are posting here for so:)

martyos121 wrote: »

Did he drive home, that's the question.

What are posting here for so:)

I like reading posts on here where you can tell from posts when someone is nearly having a stroke while posting when they get so upset and angry while on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭UnawareCaesar

Trying to link accounts for the members sale. Does anyone know how to do it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

If Alisson and Fekir was to sign this week it would be amazing

• Advertisement

So then

Alisson
    TAA--VVD-Lovren--Robbo
    Fabby
    Nabby
    Fekir
    --Salah--Firmino--Mane

It appears the signing policy revolves around double letters in a name.

Bench options would be Ward,Clyne, Matip, Hendo, Gini, Milner, Lallana, Cube,

Still feel we need one more attacker.

But looking like a strong squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Bench options would be Ward,Clyne, Matip, Hendo, Gini, Milner, Lallana, Cube,

Still feel we need one more attacker.

But looking like a strong squad.

You forgot the Ox.

Also, I assume "Cube" is Shaq's nickname?

You forgot the Ox.

I did forget the Ox albeit he's out injured for a good while and yes that's Shaqiris nickname alright.

It'll be a tough job making the bench next season, is it 7 that make the bench?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

ricero wrote: »
    If Alisson and Fekir was to sign this week it would be amazing

What if it was next week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,039 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

You forgot the Ox.

Yup, "Der Kraftwürfel" - The Power Cube.

For me, the 'power' bit is important though. A little square of pure muscle and invention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Loveren proving his best defender statement.DiKdxZDWkAIfoC4.jpg:large

Felt sorry for Lovren today. Lost the CL final due to his keeper throwing everything in, and now has lost the WC final due to two highly controversial decisions (namely Greissman cheating and the referee's poor interpretation of the handball rule). He looked philosophical there afterwards - no tears, even though he'd be forgiven for bawling over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

gafferino wrote: »
    What if it was next week?

Fsg out then obviously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

This isn't the first time that this statement, or similar, has been made.

Based on what does he have the potential to be the best?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Football manager?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Sky Sports broadcaster Martin Tyler has given Liverpool fans fresh hope in their pursuit of Fekir after announcing an agreement live on air.
    Speaking live on SBS Australia, Martin Tyler said:
    Liverpool will get Nabil Fekir from Lyon, and they will pay the price in installments over the course of his contract with the club

Liverpool initially agreed a £53million deal for the French international back in June, but a deal was scuppered after an unsatisfactory medical.

Liverpool officials have denied any attempt to renegotiate a fee but sources in France claimed the Reds’ wanted to restructure a deal.

Martin Tyler’s words this afternoon confirm this notion.

http://www.anfieldedition.uk/2018/07/new-sky-sports-broadcaster-seemingly-confirms-liverpool-on-verge-of-fekir-transfer/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Ivan perisic anybody ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Ivan perisic anybody ?

Been strongly linked with United for the past two seasons. Haven't heard anything to suggest we're in for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Perisic Had a big falling out with Klopp at Dortmund so not going to happen

This isn't the first time that this statement, or similar, has been made.

It goes from one extreme to another. Cost little so it doesn't matter he's sh1t was another view someone mentioned last week.

To be fair, when Klopp announces someone as his #1 keeper you'd presume he'd be much better than Karius is. Karius is here two full season now and he's just turned 25.

Reina was 25 when he was with us two seasons also. They were signed at pretty much the same age iirc.

Reina was fooooking far ahead of where Karius is at 25.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

robwen wrote: »
    Sky Sports broadcaster Martin Tyler has given Liverpool fans fresh hope in their pursuit of Fekir after announcing an agreement live on air.
    Speaking live on SBS Australia, Martin Tyler said:

Liverpool initially agreed a £53million deal for the French international back in June, but a deal was scuppered after an unsatisfactory medical.

Liverpool officials have denied any attempt to renegotiate a fee but sources in France claimed the Reds’ wanted to restructure a deal.

Martin Tyler’s words this afternoon confirm this notion.

http://www.anfieldedition.uk/2018/07/new-sky-sports-broadcaster-seemingly-confirms-liverpool-on-verge-of-fekir-transfer/

Martin Tyler? Since when the f*ck has been the source of transfer news or rumours?

Weird one. Gutted that the World Cup is over as the rumour mill will go into f*cking overdrive now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

With all this talk of Shaqiri's weight being an issue, one thing we have to remember is that his hips don't lie.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Martin Tyler? Since when the f*ck has been the source of transfer news or rumours?

Weird one. Gutted that the World Cup is over as the rumour mill will go into f*cking overdrive now.

The man has been going to what 10+ games a season there for 30 odd years. Surely has his contacts that he trusts there most likely even very close friends!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Aren't most transfers paid in installments?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

brevity wrote: »
    Aren't most transfers paid in instalments?

That's what I thought too - Not much of a revelation

It's like saying: "He's going to buy that house using a mortgage to pay for it in instalments"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone know what is the status of Mig? I know he has hinted at a move when he got dropped for Karius but has there been anything more.concrete about his intentions since then? Because if Mig leaves then we have no option but to buy another keeper regardless of what Allison decides to do.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Anyone know what is the status of Mig? I know he has hinted at a move when he got dropped for Karius but has there been anything more.concrete about his intentions since then? Because if Mig leaves then we have no option but to buy another keeper regardless of what Allison decides to do.

Obviously the world cup distracted things there.

All conjecture and we don't know what has been said, but he could have been told that he's done, and he leaves. He could have decided that regardless of what he has been told he wants to leave, or if Ward is the new number one, he might sense a chance to reestablish himself and decide to stay.

I'm glad I could clear things up for you!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Yis are stuck with me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Squad is in really good shape, aside from GK and Striker.
    I cannot believe we would go into another season without backup for Firmino, so surely someone will be brought in.

GK - Karius, Ward, Mignolet - plenty of numbers, not enough quality. Needs to be our #1 focus

RB - TAA/Clyne/(Gomez) - good shape
    LB - Robertson/Moreno - good shape
    CB - VVD/Lovren/Matip/Klavan/(Gomez) - good depth

CM - Fabinho/Keita/Henderson/Wijnaldum/Milner/Ox/Grujic - good depth and quality

Wings - Salah/Mane/Shaqiri/Lallana/(Ox)Wilson - would love to see Wilson nail down a first team squad position, but good quality and depth here, especially when Ox is fit again.

Striker - Firmino/Sturridge/Origi/Ings/Solanke - massive drop-off from Firmino, and to be honest I'm not sure any of the other 4 have a future here. Need to sign someone ASAP.

If we could sign Allison, Fekir and a Striker, it would be an amazing window

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I would keep Sturridge.
    Not going to get much money for him & he could get 6-10 goals in all comps.bad
    Shaqiri should get 5-8 goals in all comps too so it is not bad cover for the front 3. Fekir signed would be brillant.

Only pre season but both Solanke & Origi not looking too sharp against on league opposition. I think Origi will be sold.

• Advertisement

x43r0 wrote: »
    That's what I thought too - Not much of a revelation

It's like saying: "He's going to buy that house using a mortgage to pay for it in instalments"

You pay back your home loan to the bank in installments, but you pay for the house in one go.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement