Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

SlickRic wrote: »
    one thing about this Alisson deal is it needs to be done now.

Courtois seems to be being shipped off now, so who knows what Chelsea are doing. hopefully we can convince Alisson before others get too involved.

Do your thing Fun Bobby :)

Surely Liverpool would't be bidding if they don't know the player will come. Not that players get tapped up nowadays in anyway of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Best window I can remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Smart lad!

I understand the concept of negotiating a price. I was just saying that I hoped Liverpool wouldn't have their eye wiped by another club over 4 poxy million when they were offering that high a fee in the first place.

I would imagine the Michael Edwards (or whoever) can judge the temperature of the room.

He (they) can judge if there is any danger of being gazumped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Pearce just confirmed allison fee agreed 66.8M I think

Great news! Imagine if we'd signed him last year... sigh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Since January Klopp has bought a new defensive spine to the team.

Alisson
    £65m

VVD
    £75m

Fabinho
    £44m

Keita
    £53m

Total £237m.

Cheapskates FSG.

Then put the guile and skill of Fun Bobby, Mane & Salah in there and maybe Fekir.

That the guts of a very solid team.

Wasn't Keita bought last summer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Since January Klopp has bought a new defensive spine to the team.

Alisson
    £65m

VVD
    £75m

Fabinho
    £44m

Keita
    £53m

Total £237m.

Fekir maybe still to come.

Cheapskates FSG.

That's only £90m after taking out the Couthino fee.

FSG out

Serious team now, boys

Alisson
    TAA -- Lovren -- VVD -- Robertson
    Fabinho -- Keita -- Ox/Hendo/Fekir?
    Mane -- Fermino -- Salah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Would Big Shaq be seen as a Firmino backup or wing backup?

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »

Ha jayzus, forgot about Shaq already! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Em id say across the front 3

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Bit of both I'd imagine. I'd say primarily wing side, but I'm sure he could handle the other role as well if called upon. He was doing both during the WC

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Serious team now, boys

Alisson
    Fabinho -- Keita -- Ox/Hendo/Fekir?
    Mane -- Fermino -- Salah

I expect Clyne to start at RB. TAA will play more against teams who sit deep though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

The Blues are yet to submit an offer and it is understood that is a result of Alisson making clear his preference is Liverpool.

Roma would welcome an auction, but there are currently no indications that one will materialise.

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/liverpool-close-in-on-alisson-after-agreeing-mega-66m-deal-with-roma-190346

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Might we have our first decent keeper in over a decade? Exciting times lay ahead. Never felt so optimistic before a season in my life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

So hopefully we close out the alisson deal,and say we also get fekir who else do you realistically think we will bring in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

So hopefully we close out the alisson deal,and say we also get fekir who else do you realistically think we will bring in?

I think that would be it. I don't see us buying another centre-half just yet. We have five. Especially now that Clyne is fit again, Gomez will be looking to get more games in the centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I really hope certain people keep this quote from Klopp in mind if we do sign Alisson, and he inevitably makes a costly error at some point (like any keeper, ever):
    ”It makes no real sense if he comes in and makes a mistake in his first game. Everyone then says: ‘We need another and another one and another one.’ We have to cool down.”

He said that when questioned about the possibility of signing Butland a few months back, but it rings true for any goalkeeper we might sign. There’s going to be a lot of people pouncing on Alisson (assuming we sign him) the very first mistake he makes, and the sad part is it won’t just be rival fans. Patience is key with a new goalkeeper, he’ll need time to prove he can live up to the price tag if he joins us, but that won’t stop some “fans” unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

I gotta say that our team is shaping up in a serious way. But our defence is still light.

We have clyne and trent at right back. While i love trent i think he has to be considered the weak link in our team if he was first choice right back. Thats not to say he is bad in any way. Just that thankfully we have very few weak spots.

Left back we have robertson and dare i say moreno.......

Center back has vvd, lovren(best defender on the planet), matip, gomez and then klaven. Gomez can play fullback. But klaven is a weak option.

I think we could still do with a left back center back and right back in that order.

But if we get alisson and fekir i believe we can actually challenge on all fronts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Serious team now, boys

Alisson
    Fabinho -- Keita -- Ox/Hendo?
    Mane -- Fermino -- Salah

It will be Hendo initially, cannot change all 3 starting CMs and expect continuity.
    Over time and in certain games, I think Hendo and Fabinho will make way for someone more attacking, especially once Ox is back. But injuries, subs, etc means they will all get time. I could even see Trent playing central with Clyne back for a spell...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Karius got away with a lot by simply being "better than Mingolet". Provided Allison is "better than Karius" he'll be alright by Liverpool fans for awhile.

If he throws the ball to Lukaku for an 89 minute winner at Old Trafford, we're back to square 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Alisson
    Taa-lovren-vvd-robertson
    Hendo-fabinho-keita
    Salah-firmino-mane

Karius
    Clyne-gomez-matip-milner
    Fekir-Wjini-ox
    Shaq-sturridge-origi

We have a strong second team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Rumours that Rafa wants Origi at Newcastle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Saw a nice line on Reddit:

When Reddy speaks, Alisson. When she doesn't, I don't.

• Advertisement

ricero wrote: »
    Rumours that Rafa wants Origi at Newcastle

Perfect! I think he'd do well under Rafa, although I'm not sure he'd want to go there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Allison is an upgrade on karius no doubt but 60/70 m is mad money for him tbh,but it's not my money and it's an improvement so I'm happy enough,still think there's better keeper's out there though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Allison is an upgrade on karius no doubt but 60/70 m is mad money for him tbh,but it's not my money and it's an improvement so I'm happy enough,still think there's better keeper's out there though

Who available would you prefer?

Name one! That can be gotten cheaper and that we could get?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Lads, we're class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Dickerty wrote: »
    Name one! That can be gotten cheaper and that we could get?

Schmichal,donnaruma,fahrmann,

Knex. wrote: »
    Lads, we're class.

Our year.

Too soon??

But seriously. Seeing us 2nd favourite to win the league and one of the favourites for the CL feels great. We're respected!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Oblak is better but it would take 90M+ to get him. De Gea is better but that's not going to happen. Courtois isn't going to happen either.

Allison may or may not be the best of the rest.

Thank feck we aren't sticking with Karius anyway, the chap was never good enough.

Schmeichel is DEFO not better.
    Donnarumma is still raw, had a poor last season, and we'd have to deal with Raoila.
    Fahrmann is 29, and doesn't even have a single cap to his name.

Nah...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Dave maddock

Alisson is now ready to move to Liverpool, with the approval of his wife who would have liked to have moved to London

Time for a divorce methinks :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The club is in a great place right now.

Schmichal is not better than him, Donnamura is 19 and would cost more than him. Never heard of Fahrmann.

Are you not the guy who said he only watches Liverpool and no other leagues?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

On the fee transfer fees are now going crazy you could say £50M is the new £20M

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Schmeichal is also apparently not someone you want in your dressing room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He still has to do a medical to do so let’s hope he doesn’t have a hole in his heart like our last Brazilian goalkeeper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Yeah but now we have Klopp, Chelsea and the others don't. Who wouldn't want to play for him??

This is getting exciting.. just finished a good season with a CL final, we're paying the big bucks to get the top targets, we play entertaining football and have a manger that seems the real deal. Can't wait for the season to start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I have come full circle with Allison. Was really impressed the end of the previous season and the start of last season was convinced he was world class. Since then having watched him more closely I have been less impressed. I do think he has serious potential though.

I couldn't care less if he cost 100m if klopp wants him as number one. Just hope the usual idiots give him enough time to settle before calling for his head. There will be serious pressure on him with the fee and he will inevitably cost a goal or two, every keeper does.

Dave maddock

Alisson is now ready to move to Liverpool, with the approval of his wife who would have liked to have moved to London

Time for a divorce methinks :-)

It's only a short trip, and she'll love Firmino and Fabinho's wives! They three of them will be off constantly (and Moreno's?)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

The power of the right man in charge is absolutely the most significant factor in these signings. If the same financials were on offer and same league finishes etc there is not a chance Rodgers or a lesser name than Klopp could get these guys. They want to play for him.

On the fee transfer fees are now going crazy you could say £50M is the new £20M

That's right. Just shows how good a deal we got in shaqiri.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

**** off summer. I want my football.

There's some teenie tiny, inner goblin part of me that will be whispering that Salah was a one-season wonder, and Keita and Fabinho aren't actually great or whatever.

Oh, the sheer bliss, when we absolutely ****ing obliterate a team for the first time this season.

I think we've been threatening cricket scores for a while now, but I think we'll really do a number on someone this year. Not even 7. Like 10. Someone'll get a double hattrick.

Just 25 more sleeps till West Ham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

So who will be start as no.1 goalkeeper. Karius or Alisson? Surely Alisson has to fight for that position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Priority has to shift to outgoings pretty soon I reckon

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

rob316 wrote: »
    So who will be start as no.1 goalkeeper. Karius or Alisson? Surely Alisson has to fight for that position.

Imagine the outrage if Karius started vs West Ham!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement