Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

rob316 wrote: »
    So who will be start as no.1 goalkeeper. Karius or Alisson? Surely Alisson has to fight for that position.

Lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

5starpool wrote: »
    So who will be start as no.1 goalkeeper. Karius or Alisson? Surely Alisson has to fight for that position.

Imagine the outrage if Karius started vs West Ham!
    He (or Ward) might well given the World Cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Will Karius be sold now? Ward no 2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Who gets the reserve spot then?

Grabara?

........... Surely Alisson has to fight for that position.

Presumably if he shows competency on the training ground and seems to perform well he'll get the position and it'll be his to lose.
    Virgil didn't have to fight for the CB position iirc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Gbear wrote: »
    Who gets the reserve spot then?

Grabara?

It's up for grabs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Grabara will probably be the next 'unlucky to be loaned' keeper.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm sure if an offer of any sort comes in for Karius it will be taken. Wasn't there some 3rd division Italian club that made a bizzare offer for him after the CL final?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'd actually keep Karius. He'll be grand as a no.2 or 3.
    Mignolet has to go though, its a couple seasons overdue.

After coming so close to big silverware last season it's ****ing great to see the manager getting backed heavily in the transfer market.

• Advertisement

Mig is only after getting a decent extension recently enough.
    Mig would be slow to go unless he gets wages on a par elsewhere IMO and righlty so. Karius mightn't be on much salary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Do you base that on first-in-first-out? I reckon they're both ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Sell both Mig and Karius and get an old warhorse in. I wouldn't want Mig or Karius having any influence on Alisson in training. Goalkeeping yips are an epidemic at our club.

ush wrote: »
    Do you base that on first-in-first-out? I reckon they're both ****e.

I base it on number of **** ups. While Karius has had the more high profile, Mignolet has shown to be consistently incompetent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

I actually think Karius is a decent keeper. Unfortunately due to what happened I think he has to start fresh somewhere else. The Liverpool opportunity is over, I cant see anyway back. Unless he saves the penalty to win us the Champions league..... against Utd..... in Old Trafford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Think Karius will be sent out on loan and Ward will be No.2, Mignolet is gone i'd say

I await the 200m bid from Madrid for Salah to quieten us all down and all this positivity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

martyos121 wrote: »
    I really hope certain people keep this quote from Klopp in mind if we do sign Alisson, and he inevitably makes a costly error at some point (like any keeper, ever):

He said that when questioned about the possibility of signing Butland a few months back, but it rings true for any goalkeeper we might sign. There’s going to be a lot of people pouncing on Alisson (assuming we sign him) the very first mistake he makes, and the sad part is it won’t just be rival fans. Patience is key with a new goalkeeper, he’ll need time to prove he can live up to the price tag if he joins us, but that won’t stop some “fans” unfortunately.

Whilst fair, it is wrong to imply that is what fans have done with the current two.

There has been plenty of patience over the years and it cost us a European Cup last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

It's all done according to DiMarzio! Didn't even give Chelsea a chance to react...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Dickerty wrote: »
    It's all done according to DiMarzio! Didn't even give Chelsea a chance to react...

No, Dickerty.

Wait... YES, Dickerty!

They'll have to be a song for the Chelsea game :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Great competition for Karius & Mignolet :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

x43r0 wrote: »

I'm going to FlightRadar that like a Mofo...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

gafferino wrote: »
    I actually think Karius is a decent keeper. Unfortunately due to what happened I think he has to start fresh somewhere else. The Liverpool opportunity is over, I cant see anyway back. Unless he saves the penalty to win us the Champions league..... against Utd..... in Old Trafford.

I think he's decent as well, but I think that he's not polished enough for where we want to be. Having him as the #2 would be grand as I'd say that Mig would be looking to get a move more than him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I'd loan karius and Brewster to Southampton for two years, by that time we should want to bid 75m each for them anyway..but won't have to :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Well Fekir was done as well until we found his knees could be dodgy. I will not raise a class til I see that beard beauty leaning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

I cant get overly excited about this,when we beat roma i think alot would have put karius on a similar level.Obviously the final changed all that but as we have seen in the world cup the best of keepers seem have these bad days every now and again and of course there was the concussion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If this gets done I still expect Fekir to sign myself and I think there will be at least one more signing before the window closes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

What could have Alisson done for any of the goals we scored against him?

I'd say Fekir will be the last in, then the cull will happen.

If this gets done I still expect Fekir to sign myself and I think there will be at least one more signing before the window closes.

I think so too, that young Nigerian winger wonderkid what was spoken of a few times is who I reckon the last will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I think so too, that young Nigerian winger wonderkid what was spoken of a few times is who I reckon the last will be.

Victor Moses?

Victor Moses?
    Close -> Moses Simon is the chaps name, just had to googlize it.

• Advertisement

Shaqiri is the "Simon Moses" signing Shirley?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

DiZbTkyUwAEfMft.jpg

Obligatory airport photo.

Probably form his holiday to Ibiza in 2015 but what the hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I cant get overly excited about this,when we beat roma i think alot would have put karius on a similar level.Obviously the final changed all that but as we have seen in the world cup the best of keepers seem have these bad days every now and again and of course there was the concussion.

I think most haven't or hadn't seen much of Allison to make that call. However id seen enough of karius to know he never was good enough. He filled me with dread even when he was on his supposed good run. He just doesn't look convincing. I don't know if Allison is a top level keeper but have been impressed with what I've seen. He looks imposing and decisive if he is as good as he is supposed to be he will make a huge difference Hopefully this gets done and I'll be as optimistic as I've been for a long , long time. The thought of us lining up with the chuckle brothers as our goalkeeping options again was giving me the shivers.

Just thinking there its alot of money but a good goalkeeper could be part of the team for the best of a decade and if he is, its money well spent.

I remember when De Gea was signed by United, 20m for a teenage goalkeeper was crazy money at the time, but he has been a hugely important player for them for 7 years.

In 2001 Parma sold Buffon to Juventus for €52m, in 2001 for a goalkeeper! He went onto to play for Juventus for 18 years.

Reina was a top player at Liverpool for about 6 or 7 years.

I don't get this "that his huge money for a GK or CB". They have far more longevity in your team than attacking players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Victor Moses?
    I'd say he could get us 20 goals a season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

mightyreds wrote: »
    I'd say he could get us 20 goals a season

No, that’s Victory Moses you’re thinking of. :pac:

Shaqiri is the "Simon Moses" signing Shirley?

I think the club always tries to bring in a young lad with promise as well.
    If we shift a few of the fringe players I'd say it could happen.

All this talk about money, just let the club worry about that. They are the football and financial experts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

murpho999 wrote: »
    DiZbTkyUwAEfMft.jpg

Fekir in the background lads, double transfer. But why is he pushing a wheelchair :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

MD1990 wrote: »
    What could have Alisson done for any of the goals we scored against him?

Not much, apart from maybe not rushing out on Salah for his second in the 5-2, think that was a pretty poor call tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Huge fee but if he performs and wins us points no one will care.....never thought I'd see the day we pay 60M+ on a GK and 70M+ on a CB but we have moved and paid big to fix two big problem areas. Hopefully it works out as well as VVD has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

murpho999 wrote: »
    DiZbTkyUwAEfMft.jpg

Quick hands even when strolling, result.

Apparently, that photo is from when he arrived to sign for Roma in 2016...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Karius seen catching last bus out of Liverpool, ironically he missed that too.

Hmmm

2JzF7.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement