Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Fekir in the background lads, double transfer. But why is he pushing a wheelchair :pac:

That would be an assist.:pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've been in the market for a pulse recovery kit and the reposts of this image have solved that conundrum for me.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I've been in the market for a pulse recovery kit and the reposts of this image have solved that conundrum for me.

:pac:

So have the Guards, by all accounts.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Knex. wrote: »
    So have the Guards, by all accounts.

bNsTIB6.gif?noredirect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Quite a few utd fans are loosing their sheet over us splashing cash around,calling klopp names over comments from years ago, I think they are terrified we might become a serious force in the big comps on a regular basis.

It's quite funny reading .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

59t4cVf.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

NukaCola wrote: »
    Not much, apart from maybe not rushing out on Salah for his second in the 5-2, think that was a pretty poor call tbh.

That's the only one I can think of.

Just a side note to that, Pepe Reina (in his prime that didn't last very long sadly) was fantastic at one on ones in that type of situation, he'd never go to ground but would get low enough and have his legs positioned to reduce the chance of the ball being put through his legs but his leg positioning also allowed him to spring to the side or get back to an upright position if the attacker tried to go around him or if the play developed differently. It's not something a lot of keepers can do since Reina seemed to rely a lot on his reactions, speed, agility and athleticism which a lot of keepers couldn't match, also the reason I believe he declined so quickly and still young as a keeper.

What I am trying to say is I miss prime Reina and hope Alisson is at that level (or better!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Didnt spot him straightaway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Quite a few utd fans are loosing their sheet over us splashing cash around,calling klopp names over comments from years ago, I think they are terrified we might become a serious force in the big comps on a regular basis.

Can someone change their minds over the years? The reality is transfer fees have gone crazy and we basically pay what we think is fair for the right players. The comments may be hypocritical but we are in the space now where world class players like Coutinho went for 100M+ and decent/very good players like Mahrez are going for 60M.

We overpay for VVD/Alisson but Mane/Firmino/Salah go for probably double what we paid for them. Swings and roundabouts.

Fromvert wrote: »
    What I am trying to say is I miss prime Reina and hope Alisson is at that level (or better!)

If he can match him in his prime then I'd be delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

Everyone got flightradar updated?

Can someone change their minds over the years? The reality is transfer fees have gone crazy and we basically pay what we think is fair for the right players. The comments may be hypocritical but we are in the space now where world class players like Coutinho went for 100M+ and decent/very good players like Mahrez are going for 60M.

We overpay for VVD/Alisson but Mane/Firmino/Salah go for probably double what we paid for them. Swings and roundabouts.

I'm failing to see how it even needs an explanation for them, klopps a liar,that's it.stonewall.

Anything we win now is gonna be tarnished.

:):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/307548-oxlade-chamberlain-injury-update-jurgen-klopp

Just to take the shine off the Alisson hype... :(

Kind of gathered something was up, I hope he recovers well from this...

Get well soon Ox.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Anfield express claiming ox won't play at all next season due to the injury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Absolutely gutted for Chamberlain

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

And if he didn't sign a keeper they would be calling it a sackable offence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Was thinking he done more ligaments not just an ACL with the injury not being revealed.

Awful news.

Now making more sense why we are so concerned about Fekir's previous knee injuries.

Fieldog wrote: »
    https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/307548-oxlade-chamberlain-injury-update-jurgen-klopp

Just to take the shine off the Alisson hype... :(

Kind of gathered something was up, I hope he recovers well from this...

Get well soon Ox.. :(

He’ll do well to come back the same player at all from a layoff like that. Absolutely sickened for him, he’s such a good lad too outside of his ability on the pitch.

Great that we actually have cover for him now though if Lallana and Wijnaldum stick around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Sad to see he was becoming a real fans favorite aswell.

At least time is still on his side, hes only 24 years of age.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

FFS, terrible news for everyone. Fekir suddenly feels like a risky target.

Julian Brandt has been vaguely linked maybe he would be worth pursuing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

I honestly can't remember the last time the club had good news that want immediately followed by something sh*t.

VVD wants Liverpool? Southampton are on to the FA.

VVD signed? Coutinho is going to Barca.

Fekir in a LFC strip leaked? Deal's off.

Balls....how does that injury effect him long term? Hopefully a full recovery anyway still a big blow for next season though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Gutted for Ox, seems such a sound guy too.

Bad news....I'm surprised they didn't keep it hush hush until after window closes and their targets are in the bag or otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

That sucks feel for the lad he looked like he was finally at the right club playing his best football.

How does that leave us for numbers in midfield?
    Essentially can and ox out, Fab and naby in. Although we do have lallana back. Maybe grujic will get a chance now?

Fekir or another number 10 and we are done I'd imagine.

News to us not to them,he seems a great lad behind the scenes,hope he gets through this fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Real shame about ox but he seems a very positive and hard working guyy, he's obviously known this all along and seems pretty upbeat about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

rob316 wrote: »
    That sucks feel for the lad he looked like he was finally at the right club playing his best football.

Essentially can and ox out, Fab and naby in. Although we do have lallana back. Maybe grujic will get a chance now?

Lallana is always "back" he will be out injured within a couple of months as per usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

Balls....how does that injury effect him long term? Hopefully a full recovery anyway still a big blow for next season though.

Ya, that's kinda my concern too. If he is out all season but is guaranteed to be back 100% like he was before then that's not too bad. But I'd wonder what are the chances that he just won't be the same? I'm sure the club would have that worked out percentage wise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

rob316 wrote: »

Maybe Henderson could return to playing as a no 8/10 hybrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Maybe Henderson could return to playing as a no 8/10 hybrid.

That would the way to get the best out of him for me.

Attacking midfield is his best and most natural position and can do a good job there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Can we call him Becker?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

MD1990 wrote: »
    What could have Alisson done for any of the goals we scored against him?
    I wasn't impressed with him in the game at Anfield. I think he made a poor decision which lead to goal #2, reacted late for #4 and he was a sea for the corner from which Firmino scored #5.

#2: Allisson went low and Salah simply dinked it over him, 20 minutes beforehand he made himself big in the same situation against Mane.

#4: Allisson reacted to Salah's pass across the 6 yard box as the ball went past him leaving Firmino with a tap in.

That would the way to get the best out of him for me.

Attacking midfield is his best and most natural position and can do a good job there.
    I don't think he is quick thinking enough for our attack. Henderson does well in space when he has the ball, not so well when he's surrounded by opposition players. His aggression allows him to steal the ball from napping defensive players which can yield goals for the front three as we saw in the Champions League run last season. But we will need a quick thinking creative player more so than another terrier for most games.

Talisman wrote: »
    I wasn't impressed with him in the game at Anfield. I think he made a poor decision which lead to goal #2, reacted late for #4 and he was a sea for the corner from which Firmino scored #5.

#2: Allisson went low and Salah simply dinked it over him, 20 minutes beforehand he made himself big in the same situation against Mane.

#4: Allisson reacted to Salah's pass across the 6 yard box as the ball went past him leaving Firmino with a tap in.

Jaysis, talk about killjoy.

You're judging a player on one game based mostly on 2 decisions against one of the best players in the world who has defenders and keepers in twists and binds all season.

Kllopp is not judging him on that and that is what counts.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Can we call him Becker?

You can call him Al.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

I'm failing to see how it even needs an explanation for them, klopps a liar,that's it.stonewall.

Anything we win now is gonna be tarnished.

:):):)

We're just another Chelsea or Man City now, throwing cash around for players with vulgar abandon, bankrolled by money made from dubious state asset sales or manky oil...

Except, no.. the club didn't sell it's soul and is competing financially with the top European teams. Love this club more every year.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Jaysis, talk about killjoy.

You're judging a player on one game based mostly on 2 decisions against one of the best players in the world who has defenders and keepers in twists and binds all season.

Kllopp is not judging him on that and that is what counts.
    Oh sorry - I thought I was answering a question about whether he could have done something about the goals he conceded against us. I didn't realise honest opinions aren't welcome.

• Advertisement

Oh sorry - I thought I was answering a question about whether he could have done something about the goals he conceded against us. I didn't realise honest opinions aren't welcome.

I never said that weren't welcome but I think you're wrong and I'm entitled to say my opinion on a discussion forum.

I dont think he should have come for that at all, he got his angle and shape all wrong also.....but in fairness that dink was pure skill, he would have probably gotten away with it if the ball fell to any other of our players, an absolute devastating finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

martyos121 wrote: »
    You can call him Al.

There's legs to that..

Now that you're our goalkeeper
    We'll be your long lost pal
    We can call you Becker
    Or Becker when you save us
    We can call youuuu Al.....Alisson

Al, Al-isson!
    Al, Al-isson!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'd seriously put Chamberlain on the bench all next season just so he could do the post match interviews.

Can we call him Becker?

Ted Danson.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Ted Danson.

Sam Malone it is so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Such a good lad :

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain out for season as Liverpool reveal extent of 'multiple ligament injury' | The Independent

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/liverpool-injury-news-alex-oxlade-chamberlain-ox-latest-knee-update-out-for-season-klopp-a8453316.html

murpho999 wrote: »
    I never said that weren't welcome
    You didn't have too, your opening "Jaysis, talk about killjoy." said it all.
    but I think you're wrong and I'm entitled to say my opinion on a discussion forum.
    You said I was judging him based upon a single game which isn't true. I gave my opinion of how he played in a Champions League game.

It's no different now to what it was when the game was played in April - and as I said back then Karius would have been crucified if he made similar errors.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

D-CSUN private Cessna 560XL arrived at Liverpool John Lennon Airport at 6:30pm from Rome Ciampino Airport

It's happening !!!!!

Did it stop in Lyon by any chance two birds one plane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Can we call him Becker?

Dare I say we call him Becks

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement