Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

This guy will be nail biting to watch. Can see him getting caught out in Premier League going all this type of stuff.

He just loves being out side his box and getting involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

This guy will be nail biting to watch. Can see him getting caught out in Premier League going all this type of stuff.

That highlight reel did nothing but scare the s*** out of my TBPH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

He just loves being out side his box and getting involved.

Jaysus, I hope Klopp and Achterberg sit down with him, watch the vid and on the more crazy out of box moments they slap him with a rolled up newspaper and shout 'No! No Alisson! Bad Alisson!'

Some of his distribution is great - can remember watching entire matches where not a single long kick out from Mig ever found a red shirt.

Distribution is just an added bonus.

I'm more hoping he can catch the ball and save shots!

He's a one season wonder, he came from nowhere to play for Roma last season. Hope he continues to shine. This is a big leap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Alisson also has an air of confidence about him the sort thing our last few deer in headlights goalkeepers didn’t have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I don't see what is terrifying about a goalkeeper who can play with his feet and pick out a pass and make good distribution decisions to initiate attacks.

So I’m guessing since they knew Ox was going to miss the whole season since the end of last season Shaqiri was brought in as his replacement.

Being able to get him at £13m also helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'm not one to get fixated on stats but it really shows how poor mignolet is.

https://twitter.com/neiljonesgoal/status/1019601940781715456?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

He is like a super Mig :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

FSG deserve some credit.

They have showed they & Klopp are as desperate as the fans for trophies & further progression.

We have the best squad in my lifetime. Better than 08/09.
    We will fight for the PL title this season. Will still be tough to overtake City so hopefully we can go far in the cup competitions also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Klopp gets his man

again :cool:

A video that may help calm down posters who are nervous of Alisson. He looks to be an excellent shot stopper which is what we have lacked.

rob316 wrote: »

So he had:
    • Less goals conceded than both put together, even taking in the 10% or so less game time.
    • No errors directly leading to goals (they had 5 between them)
    • 1.5 times more saves that both of them put together. In less game time!
    • Better save % than them both.

Pretty impressive, or damning, whatever way you look at it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I look forward to having our new ball playing Brazilian goalkeeper. He never looked out of control of the ball once in those clips (any clips of him making a mess of it?). Won't have any worries if a back pass has to be rushed or fired at him awkwardly judging by his control of the ball. Most games we'll be dominating the ball, it'll be nice to have an extra player to get it and ping it quickly 50/60/70 yards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

murpho999 wrote: »

A video that may help calm down posters who are nervous of Alisson. He looks to be an excellent shot stopper which is what we have lacked.
    He's useless! Couldn't catch a single shot!

Seriously though, he's gonna be a huge step up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Only an inch taller than Karius, but looks a much bigger guy. Probably not the most perfectly accurate thing in the world, but ESPN stats have him at almost 40 pounds heavier than Karius, so will hopefully be a bit more useful in a crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

murpho999 wrote: »

Really shows how important a good keeper is, he saved Roma a definite 12 goals there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

rob316 wrote: »

Hard to trust those stats when they don't increase Karius' mistakes from league to all comps by at least the two goals in the CL final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Ignore rival fans on this.

You must remember that no rival wants to see us improve. Any jibber jabber about us spending like oil tycoons is just covering up the fact that they're fúcking raging.

Also, bringing up Klopp quotes from years ago is lazy, stupid and pointless. He addressed that after the VVD signing. He doesn't like the fees but realises it's the reality.

And many of our fanbase took the píss out of the money spent on Pogba. It's how it is.

Just be safe in the knowledge that they would be saying nothing if we weren't a threat. In fact, they'd just be laughing. We're making moves to try and actively get to the next level.

Also, don't underestimate how miserable José makes some of them. I've met them. Many times. Most of my mates are Utd fans as they became football fans in the 90s. I've never seen them so miserable despite trophies. So they have to take a swipe somewhere.

Just enjoy what our club is doing.
    Enjoy that they're trying to do what needs to be done.
    Enjoy that it's making people uncomfortable.

Just enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Sickener about Oxlade - but perhaps with a full recovery and rehabilitation, maybe he could be back early 2019.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

A headbanger, Bill!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

SlickRic wrote: »

10 million a year on the books, or about 30% more than his likely wage. Perfectly affordable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

He's a one season wonder, he came from nowhere to play for Roma last season. Hope he continues to shine. This is a big leap.

I don't think you fluke the stats he has over the course of a season. One season wonders are generally caused by injuries or a change in system not because the player suddenly forgets how to play football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

The one thing you don't want your keeper to be is nailbiting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Seen over on Reddit that some journalists are tweeting Alisson will be the last signing of the window.

FSG cheaping out again, time to get them out...you with me ricero?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I think that's a deliberate bum steer to flush out Lyon.

They still haven't spent all the coutinho money though

• Advertisement

Surprised if true about it being the last deal of window as i thought Fekir would get wrapped up.

Outside that it's been an excellent window. Fekir would be the icing on the cake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Meh 4 top players added to the squad can't complain about that. A number 10 would be nice but I'm hugely optimistic going into this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

No jouro has a clue about let alone reddit. How many would have claimed alisson to liverpool was even a link anymore two days ago. Ignore reddit ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

If Klopp really wants Fekir and he becomes available to sign in this window at the right price, we’ll sign him assuming Fekir wants the move. I’m pretty confident of that given our recent dealings in the transfer market.

Need to sign a Brazilian CB now maybe Marquinhos to complete the Brazilian spine to the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

To be honest id love if fekir came in but if we signed a defender instead id be delighted.

But that aside i think we can compete. I hate myself for saying "next
    year" but i would see second as a minimum target. Maybe the trophie voodoo could end......

We simply have to win some trophy next season,failure if we don't,no more losing finals,nxt final we get to we must win

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

I want a surprise player for small money from somewhere like the Paraguayan 2nd division to close out the window; mega-money deals are well and good but I like to have someone like Robertson to cheer for too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭shaunr68

sabat wrote: »
    I want a surprise player for small money from somewhere like the Paraguayan 2nd division to close out the window; mega-money deals are well and good but I like to have someone like Robertson to cheer for too.

At your service sir!

Oh you mean the other Robertson who plays for Liverpool?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Haven't seen an LFC team this fine looking in god knows how many years! Really excited about the new season ahead!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

Hirving Lozano would be ideal

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

Actually has Jamal lascelles ever been an option? We are short money to sign him but have heard no rumor. Think he would compliment VVD well. His progression has been excellent so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Mr.H wrote: »
    No jouro has a clue about let alone reddit. How many would have claimed alisson to liverpool was even a link anymore two days ago. Ignore reddit ffs.

Thing have changed at Anfield over the last year, that much is obvious to me. Lessons were learnt over the VVD debacle last summer and the club has become stronger for it. The football journalists are now out of the loop until they are put into the loop by LFC. The constant leaks have been plugged, there can be no doubt about it.

Yakult wrote: »
    Haven't seen an LFC team this fine looking in god knows how many years! Really excited about the new season ahead!

Likewise, Im stunned. Im actually creaming myself at the potential here and loving the way Klopp has built it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

shamrock55 wrote: »
    We simply have to win some trophy next season,failure if we don't,no more losing finals,nxt final we get to we must win

It won't be easy. City are a problem. Jose will continue his own style of football, which win, lose or draw will be delightful. Arsenal should get the new manager bump. Spurs aren't going anywhere and Chelsea could be awful or awesome. Still need a lot of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

gimli2112 wrote: »
    It won't be easy. City are a problem. Jose will continue his own style of football, which win, lose or draw will be delightful. Arsenal should get the new manager bump. Spurs aren't going anywhere and Chelsea could be awful or awesome. Still need a lot of luck.
    I think that the club have decided to take a gamble on going for it this season. The players who play in the World Cup tournaments are fatigued for the following season because they don't get the required rest and our squad was not as affected by the tournament as others.

Kante looked absolutely shattered in the Final. His normal insane energy level was gone and he was chasing shadows before he was replaced by N'Zonzi. Chelsea with a fatigued Kante are not a daunting prospect in the Premier League.

Tottenham players clocked up 4,816 minutes playing at the World Cup. The core of the team played until the end of the tournament and Pochettino can't rest all of those players and not have it affect their results. Lloris, Kane, Alli, Trippier, Dier, Rose, Dembele, Vertonghen, Alderweireld all played in the final games of the World Cup. In Tottenham's case there is a handful of first team player who didn't go to the World Cup that I can think of : Davies, Aurier, Wanyama, Sissoko, Lamela and Moura.

Man City have the best squad but they also had 17 players who played a combined 4,583 minutes at the World Cup.

Man Utd players also featured heavily in the tournament : 3,956 minutes.

The players aren't robots and the price for participating in the World Cup will have to be paid at some point during the coming season.

The following two images are screen captures from an article on the Telegraph website. There is a massive drop off from Tottenham, Man City, Man Utd and Chelsea. The stats would suggest that Liverpool are at an advantage in that regard for the coming season.

43HS5Ce.png

wmTGalB.png

How the World Cup will affect the coming Premier League season (The Telegraph)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

You know you absolutely cannot say if he's a one season wonder until AFTER another season. Otherwise, it's a pure guess.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Becker then Fekir. Make it happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

The Mig wrote: »
    Becker then Fekir. Make it happen

Becker, Fekir, Becker, Fekir...mushroom mushroom!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Dickerty wrote: »
    Becker, Fekir, Becker, Fekir...mushroom mushroom!!

I hate you so much right now.

• Advertisement

Looks like Fekir is definitely not happening now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement