Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

murpho999 wrote: »
    Looks like Fekir is definitely not happening now.

Same was said about Alisson on Monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Vicxas wrote: »
    I hate you so much right now.

That'll be in your head all day!

I love that my kids (as young as 3) know that song and have no idea of it's ancient source!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

So with the Allison deal nearly done, who do we keep as our backup? Cant imagine Mig will stay around, so it would seem to be between Ward and Karius. Both must surely feel that they will have little chance now of first team action bar the carling cup, so be interesting to see which one will be happiest to play 2nd fiddle. For me, I think Ward will be the one likely to stay with Karius moving on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

So with the Allison deal nearly done, who do we keep as our backup? Cant imagine Mig will stay around, so it would seem to be between Ward and Karius. Both must surely feel that they will have little chance now of first team action bar the carling cup, so be interesting to see which one will be happiest to play 2nd fiddle. For me, I think Ward will be the one likely to stay with Karius moving on.

Reckon it'll be Ward, Karius will be shipped out on loan to get his confidence back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Reckon it'll be Ward, Karius will be shipped out on loan to get his confidence back.

That would probably be the right thing to do, get him out of the spotlight at Liverpool. Maybe some premier league team would take a punt on him. If you ignore the howlers , he did keep a lot of clean sheets last year. Surely some team would look at that and be interested in taking a punt on him.

• Advertisement

Mr.H wrote: »

And he'd not go for over 50m iirc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

murpho999 wrote: »
    Looks like Fekir is definitely not happening now.

So you mean he is definitely signing.......!

That would probably be the right thing to do, get him out of the spotlight at Liverpool. Maybe some premier league team would take a punt on him. If you ignore the howlers , he did keep a lot of clean sheets last year. Surely some team would look at that and be interested in taking a punt on him.

Let's see which teams lose keepers - Roma just have, Chelsea might, the domino effect will create openings for both him and Migs...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Knex. wrote: »
    There's legs to that..

Now that you're our goalkeeper
    We'll be your long lost pal
    We can call you Becker
    Or Becker when you save us
    We can call youuuu Al.....Alisson

Al, Al-isson!
    Al, Al-isson!

Hopefully shaqiri can become our chubby chaser and lallana will stop being the boy in the bubble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Mr.H wrote: »
    So you mean he is definitely signing.......!

I know what you're saying but I think it's going to be up to Fekir to push Lyon to accept a new deal rather than Liverpool chasing it.

No sign of it happening yet.

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Seen over on Reddit that some journalists are tweeting Alisson will be the last signing of the window.

FSG cheaping out again, time to get them out...you with me ricero?

That site really is an asset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Fulham would be a decent loan move for Karius.

They play a style of football that Karius would suit them. They would need a sweeper keeper.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Fulham would be a decent loan move for Karius.

They play a style of football that Karius would suit them. They would need a sweeper keeper.

Is he a keeper that should be facing a lot of shots? I think he'd do better in a dominant team in a lesser league - Dutch, Portugese?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

With OX out for the season, we really do need a Fekir like signing,
    I don't trust Lallana not to get injured we need some one who can create from the middle of the park against the poorer teams,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

SlickRic wrote: »
    Ignore rival fans on this.

You must remember that no rival wants to see us improve. Any jibber jabber about us spending like oil tycoons is just covering up the fact that they're fúcking raging.

Also, bringing up Klopp quotes from years ago is lazy, stupid and pointless. He addressed that after the VVD signing. He doesn't like the fees but realises it's the reality.

And many of our fanbase took the píss out of the money spent on Pogba. It's how it is.

Just be safe in the knowledge that they would be saying nothing if we weren't a threat. In fact, they'd just be laughing. We're making moves to try and actively get to the next level.

Also, don't underestimate how miserable José makes some of them. I've met them. Many times. Most of my mates are Utd fans as they became football fans in the 90s. I've never seen them so miserable despite trophies. So they have to take a swipe somewhere.

Just enjoy what our club is doing.
    Enjoy that they're trying to do what needs to be done.
    Enjoy that it's making people uncomfortable.

Just enjoy.

Calling Klopp a hypocrite when they have one of the biggest hypocrites in football as their current manager

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I am gutted for Ox, the lad made a pretty big decision to move to us, took a little time settling in and then started to show what he can do before he picked up that injury. Even in the welcome videos he's always knocking about and smiling. I think that he has found his home with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Hi praise indeed
    Former Roma coach Roberto Negrisolo on Alisson :"I don't think many people have realised who Alisson is. This guy is a phenomenon. He is the number one of number ones. "He is the Messi of goalkeepers, because he has the same mentality as Messi. He is a goalkeeper who can define an era."

Calling Klopp a hypocrite when they have one of the biggest hypocrites in football as their current manager

And the market changed fundamentally last summer, even after we signed Salah. Pogba's valuation triggered that somewhat, but it was only really seen last summer with the valuations for Arnautovic, Sigurdsson, Walker and Lukaku - all intra-PL moves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Dickerty wrote: »

And the market changed fundamentally last summer, even after we signed Salah. Pogba's valuation triggered that somewhat, but it was only really seen last summer with the valuations for Arnautovic, Sigurdsson, Walker and Lukaku - all intra-PL moves.
    United fans fail to realise it was there Club with the purchase of Pogba that changed football, Prices went through the roof because of that deal .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I still reckon we will get Fekir. Would make it a sensational transfer window.

Also time to trim the deadwood. If we could bring in 50 - 60 million from transfers out it would be great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Dickerty wrote: »

fees are ultimately meaningless in an era of ridiculous wealth.

we all take the p out of opposition teams for their fees, but it doesn't actually mean anything. it's monopoly money.

It's their hypocratic oath.

I know I know hippocratic

With OX out for the season, we really do need a Fekir like signing,
    I don't trust Lallana not to get injured we need some one who can create from the middle of the park against the poorer teams,

Ox isn't really super creative is he? Wij would be as creative and he's still in the squad. Neither are Coutinhoesque or course. Henderson an option too.
    Surely Shaqiri can fight it out with Lallana worst case scenario with Wij also an option if no one else is brought in.

Augeo wrote: »
    Ox isn't really super creative is he? Wij would be as creative and he's still in the squad. Neither are Coutinhoesque or course. Henderson an option too.
    Surely Shaqiri can fight it out with Lallana worst case scenario with Wij also an option if no one else is brought in.

Not super creative on assists, Milner creates more, but he makes things happen. Gets into the box, breaks at speed, harasses opposition. So like Firmino 15 yards back.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Ox is key part of the fast breakaway, he was the speed in the middle who would generally release the ball to the wider players just after crossing the half way line. So he would have to have a view of what side 'looks' best to continue the fast breakaway, and if that option is not available, he would continue to drive by himself.
    So it's a fairly important piece of the puzzle.
    Gini does it to an extent, but would slow things down.

Henderson tried it but didn't have the image of what both flanks look like, he always favours the right.

He also had the sense that when the ball was lost in the attack to try win it back or get back tracking early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Ox is key part of the fast breakaway, he was the speed in the middle who would generally release the ball to the wider players just after crossing the half way line. So he would have to have a view of what side 'looks' best to continue the fast breakaway, and if that option is not available, he would continue to drive by himself.
    So it's a fairly important piece of the puzzle.
    Gini does it to an extent, but would slow things down.

Henderson tried it but didn't have the image of what both flanks look like, he always favours the right.

He also had the sense that when the ball was lost in the attack to try win it back or get back tracking early.
    Keita release the ball extremely quickly and the stats men (can't remember what its called) but  basically it how many players of the opposing team are taken out of the game by one pass.
    Keita is the one of the best if not the best at this. 
    example keita get that ball and plays a 30 yard ball to salah/firmino thus completely bypassing the opposition midfield (4 players)
    Hendo would not be good at this as he usually passed back or side ways. 
    Gini would may pass forward but only take one play out of the game
    We are going to eat teams a live in europe this year as the majority of the teams are the dogs in their respective league so don't have any real need or practise at defending resolutlely- they probably don't have the personal
    The catch will be where last year teams were kind of having a go because "We are dodgey at the back and dodgey keeper" we now should expect to see team to play is with 10 players behind the ball. This is where lallana might come in hand as he is a neat enough passer but ultimately we need another magician in the 10 role to big out the passes when we come up against these team. 
    I think fabinho will always start against all the top six but we won't see him against the bottom six.
    I think Gini will be Keita back up but that keita will play the majority of the league game
    Hendo will play against all the middle team
    We will most definitely see trent and Robertson becoming wingers for us for the majority of league games.
    Clyne will get the nod for away games against the bigger teams
    I think we are well covered but I think we will get Fekir and that will be us done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Strange no is talking about Sturridge as a back up for the cups and so forth.

I know his good days are not as often any more (and he's made from glass)but he can be useful.

I think that with Keita, he's not afraid to release the ball from our half on the break away and equally not afraid to carry it. So it will definitely cut out a pass or 2 and get us up the pitch quicker.

That would give Ox more freedom to get rallying up the pitch to be part of the top 3.
    From a tactical point of view, this is very exciting.
    And added bonus, with Becker being a fan of fast and accurate distribution, it stats things even quicker.

But, it's against the bus parkers that this wont work, I think that's where the like of Lallana, Gini and Fab are going to be needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Ward off to leicester for 12 million apparently. His stint as number 1 didnt last long did it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I think we might see a front 3 of shaqiri salah mane with firmino in the middle 3 at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Gini and Ings not in the squad for the game tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭elbyrneo

Ward off to leicester for 12 million apparently. His stint as number 1 didnt last long did it

So Ward to Leicester, Kasper to Chelsea, Courtois to Real.....Mings surely will move leaving Karius as number 2 I guess. Unless someone bids for Karius (!) or he is loaned out, he could do with a change of scenery.

Could be a real merry go round in keeper transfer market.

I think that with Keita, he's not afraid to release the ball from our half on the break away and equally not afraid to carry it. So it will definitely cut out a pass or 2 and get us up the pitch quicker.

That would give Ox more freedom to get rallying up the pitch to be part of the top 3.
    From a tactical point of view, this is very exciting.

And added bonus, with Becker being a fan of fast and accurate distribution, it stats things even quicker.

Keita?

Where's Kasper off to so I wonder ......... we are likely keeping Karius so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Keita?

Where's Kasper off to so I wonder ......... we are likely keeping Karius so.

Roma apparently!

Keita?

Yep, what we would normally see is

Keeper/Clearing Defender -> Hendo -> Ox -> Mane/Bobby/Salah -> Their Magic -> Goal

Instead we would see something like:
    Becker/Clearing Defender -> Keita -> Ox/Mane/Bobby/Salah -> Their Magic -> Goal

So cutting out at least one pass/step through the already lightning paced counter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

The wage bill for goalkeepers will have multiplied if he is the one going and we are keeping karius and mignolet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Keeper/Clearing Defender -> Hendo -> Ox -> Mane/Bobby/Salah -> Their Magic -> Goal

So cutting out at least one pass/step through the already lightning paced counter.

You mean keeper to salah GOAL

Ward off?

Thats not good, not good at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Well Ox is going to miss the whole season.

Sorry, i see you're saying that's how we were playing.

Ward off?

Thats not good, not good at all.

Selling a lad who has never got a look in at the club in all his time there for £12m is a great bit of business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Adam Bogdan to push Simon Mignolet to push Loris Karius to be Liverpool's #2 keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Selling a lad who has never got a look in at the club in all his time there for £12m is a great bit of business.

Superb business. He only cost £100,000!

It's kinda...

hypocritical...

£12m for Ward a 3rd choice keeper who hadn’t a future at the club.

Mig should command £16/18m maybe even £20m in this crazy transfer market.

That is nearly half the Alisson fee and their combined wages would also be a big chunk off his as well.

That would again be great Business by the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

Gini and Ings not in the squad for the game tonight.

Ings is one thing, but do we know Gini's situation? Has he played at all yet?

Klopp has said Henderson & Lovren will miss the West Ham game.

Might be hard for both to break back into the team after missing the whole of pre season if we get off to a good start.

jasonb wrote: »
    Ings is one thing, but do we know Gini's situation? Has he played at all yet?

Isn’t there transfer rumors about him going to Turkey?

He looks all smiley in the preseason press photos anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Klopp has said Henderson & Lovren will miss the West Ham game.

Might be hard for both to break back into the team after missing the whole of pre season if we get off to a good start.

The best defender in the world will walk into any starting 11, ours included. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

We seem to be getting a bit better at selling barely used players.

That's 15M for Ibe.
    6M for Brad Smith
    12M for Ward

33M for the lot.

Obviously Markovic is still somehow immune to this.

Isn’t there transfer rumors about him going to Turkey?

He looks all smiley in the preseason press photos anyway.

Yaha he was rumoured to be off to Fenerbache, but i cant figure out why he would?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement