Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Isn’t there transfer rumors about him going to Turkey?

He looks all smiley in the preseason press photos anyway.

LFC site saying he has a minor muscle strain. Really hope the Turkey rumours are bullsh!t - if it's true that the Fekir deal is now dead and Klopp is not expecting any more major moves in the market other than offloading deadwood, then we're net/net the same in midfield - Can gone, Ox out for the season and Nabby and Fabby in - it's not as if Gini needs to move to ensure game time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I don't believe Gini is leaving at all.

Why would he? He played lots of games for us last season and will do so again this season despite what many think.

Why would he move to Turkey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

We seem to be getting a bit better at selling barely used players.

That's 15M for Ibe.
    6M for Brad Smith
    12M for Ward

33M for the lot.

Obviously Markovic is still somehow immune to this.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect 20m for Bogdan now :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Isn’t there transfer rumors about him going to Turkey?

He looks all smiley in the preseason press photos anyway.

I don't see why we would sell unless he wants to go, if he cannot get assurances of being a starter. He's a useful player, a little different from the two we brought in. And seems a great guy to have around, and a known quantity.

Ox is missing for a full season, and Can has left. So we have the same numbers now that we had in April, with two changes. So we are not overstocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

12m for Ward, no matter what you think of his potential, is insane.

this fúcking market. it's hilarious.

but as I said, fees are almost meaningless at this stage. everyone's rolling in cash.

Dickerty wrote: »
    Who suggested that amount? I think it would take c. €70M for either Oblak or Allison, but Migs is worth €25M in the current market with his experience.

I'll re-quote this because it was ridiculed at the time, but if Ward goes for £12M/€14M, then I think Migs WILL go for close to €25M...

SlickRic wrote: »
    12m for Ward, no matter what you think of his potential, is insane.

this fúcking market. it's hilarious.

but as I said, fees are almost meaningless at this stage. everyone's rolling in cash.

But that won't last forever, so now is the time to buy the right players at the right age in case things reverse. We don't want to be buying 4 core players every 12 months for £200M.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

• 12 millions for ward
    • 15 million or there abouts for Mignolet
    • 15 millions for Ings
    • 15-20 Millions for Origi probably after an initial loan to newcastle
    • 15-20 for Lallana (maybe the Jan window) 
    • 5-10 millions for Markovic
    • 10-12 Million for Moreno
    • 20 Million for Gini
    could be getting 70-100 million for getting rid of the dross. Sturridge will probably see out the contract and go somewhere sunny on free.

I'm pretty excited about the players that could be leaving

Still leaves
    Allinson, Karius
    TAA, Clyne/VVD ,Lovren,Matip, Gomez,Klavan/ Robertson,Gomez,Milner
    Hendo, Fabinho, Keita, Milner, Lallana, Ox, Woodburn
    Salah,Firmino,Mane, Shaqiri, Sturridge, Solanke, Brewster

Healthy squad but I think we will definitely be buy 1 or two more players before the window is out if we manage to shift 5 or so of the lot mentioned above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

United fans fail to realise it was there Club with the purchase of Pogba that changed football, Prices went through the roof because of that deal .

Your dead wrong.....why wasnt salah 20 odd million dearer? It was neymar that started it off and then mbappe,dembele,Coutinho followed. Without neymar they would of all been 35-40 million cheaper

• Advertisement

£12m for Ward a 3rd choice keeper who hadn’t a future at the club.

Mig should command £16/18m maybe even £20m in this crazy transfer market.

That is nearly half the Alisson fee and their combined wages would also be a big chunk off his as well.

That would again be great Business by the club.
    Off ypur rocker...20 million for mignolet? Ward has potential. Mingolet is around the scene a while now and is proven to be middling at best. 8-10 million would be excellent business

Off ypur rocker...20 million for mignolet? Ward has potential. Mingolet is around the scene a while now and is proven to be middling at best. 8-10 million would be excellent business

I think Mig' is on over £60k week .. he extended his contract in 2016 but that was further extended not too long ago to run until 2023.

I dunno what sort of a fee he'd command if he's deemed to be worse than Karius and is currently holding the guts of a 5 year deal worth £15m in wages.

Ward was on a tiny salary so no doubt will get a pay rise handy enough. Karius is on £25k/week and that seems low too but I dunno how sellable he is either. If Ward leaves we must be keeping one of Migs and Karius. At least one of them.

Bowlardo wrote: »
    • 12 millions for ward
    • 15 millions for Ings
    • 20 Million for Gini

We need to have depth. Getting rid of our old midfield,our backup strikers....( i'd prefer both origi and ings over solanke) ,our back-up left back is a terrible idea. And some of the valies you have on players are too prohibitive for the calobre of club that Will buy them

Bowlardo wrote: »
    • 12 millions for ward
    • 15 millions for Ings
    • 20 Million for Gini
    could be getting 70-100 million for getting rid of the dross. Sturridge will probably see out the contract and go somewhere sunny on free.

I'm pretty excited about the players that could be leaving

Still leaves
    Allinson, Karius
    TAA, Clyne/VVD ,Lovren,Matip, Gomez,Klavan/ Robertson,Gomez,Milner
    Hendo, Fabinho, Keita, Milner, Lallana, Ox, Woodburn
    Salah,Firmino,Mane, Shaqiri, Sturridge, Solanke, Brewster

Healthy squad but I think we will definitely be buy 1 or two more players before the window is out if we manage to shift 5 or so of the lot mentioned above

Why would we sell Wijnaldum for £20m in this crazy inflated market when they paid £25m for him and he played 49 games last season?

He is in no way "dross" and will get games this season. Good player for us.

Lallana is also a quality player who was one of our best players in 16/17 but had a bad season in 17/18 due to injuries. He could be very good to us after a full pre-season and hopefully no injuries.

Also, I don't rate Moreno at all but he should not be sold until we have better cover for Robertson at LB.

Finally, who the hell is Allinson?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wouldn't be selling Gini, Lallana or Moreno.

Ings, Mig, Ward and Markovic if they can find a buyer for him alright.

Sturridge and Origi if the right offers came in to either loan or buy.

Sorry, that's nonsense. You can barely buy a teenager from the Championship for £8M.

Migs is a very experienced GK with 6-8 years left, and is still better than most mid-tier keepers. In this imminent GK merry-go-round, he's got a place to land...

• Advertisement

I wouldn't be selling Gini, Lallana or Moreno.

Ings, Mig, Ward and Markovic if they can find a buyer for him alright.

Sturridge and Origi if the right offers came in to either loan or buy.

Agree, but Origi won't go on loan with a year left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

113646_d0b3244693f743a542dc6a84b8f5ae22.jpg

Are we going to win the net spend trophy again after outgoings!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

West Ham spending money like a sailor on shore leave - again. Wonder do they fancy a quickie and a ciggie with Sturridge?

West Ham spending money like a sailor on shore leave - again. Wonder do they fancy a quickie and a ciggie with Sturridge?

Who would take a risk given how his last loan spell went? Could only imagine it being another loan, which is a waste of time for me. Would rather he stayed and we use him when fit...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Sorry, that's nonsense. You can barely buy a teenager from the Championship for £8M.

Migs is a very experienced GK with 6-8 years left, and is still better than most mid-tier keepers. In this imminent GK merry-go-round, he's got a place to land...

I agree with you 100% but how did we manage to get Shaqiri so cheap? His fee is nothing these days.

I'm amazed at how selling ward, a keeper who wouldn't be contributing anything to the squad never mind starting 11 has paid for Shaqiri who I think will be a fan favourite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Real Madrid :eek:

Have they signed a keeper to replace Hart.

Migs could do a very good job for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Nothing dodgy about that, no sireeeee.... :)

Sounds surprising doesn't it? And yet

Di Maria e75
    Morata - e20 (admittedly they bought him back for 30)
    Illarramendi - e15
    Jese - e25
    Danilo - e30
    Morata - e70,
    Ronaldo - e100

and obviously plenty of sub 10m players which all add up.

oddly by far their most expensive buy since 2014 - James they send out on loan.

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I agree with you 100% but how did we manage to get Shaqiri so cheap? His fee is nothing these days.

I'm amazed at how selling ward, a keeper who wouldn't be contributing anything to the squad never mind starting 11 has paid for Shaqiri who I think will be a fan favourite.

I think it was a release clause if Stoke got relegated...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I think it was a release clause if Stoke got relegated...

Ah I see. Makes sense. I just couldn't understand how we got him so cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Can't see why people think Gini will leave he played 48 games last season
    This season we are 3 down from the start of last season Can, Phil , Ox and only brought in Keita and Fab, Gini will get loads of games

https://twitter.com/richardajkeys/status/1019939970289750017

Richard Keys putting the mockers on us.

In fairness, he's on the wind-up and taking the piss out of himself with his opening of "Here's an early call".

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/features/307704-jose-enrique-exclusive-interview-liverpool

You never realise what can hit you any minute, even as a professional footballer...

I wish José Enrique all the best...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

murpho999 wrote: »

Also, I don't rate Moreno at all but he should not be sold until we have better cover for Robertson at LB.

If we can get £50 for Moreno, I'd take it. The guy is an absolute liability. I wouldn't trust him coming on in injury time and being 3-0 up.
    No point in spending €60+ million on a keeper if your gonna have that clown at full back, even in an emergency. Milner is a quality player who can do more than just a job at left back if needed.

• Advertisement

.red. wrote: »
    If we can get £50 for Moreno, I'd take it. The guy is an absolute liability. I wouldn't trust him coming on in injury time and being 3-0 up.
    No point in spending €60+ million on a keeper if your gonna have that clown at full back, even in an emergency. Milner is a quality player who can do more than just a job at left back if needed.

Sorry this is wrong.

I think Moreno is awful too but he is a LB. Milner is a midfielder.

He could be on the pitch as a midfielder so how can he be cover for LB.

We need to a have squad depth and need proper cover for each position not just make shifts.

Liverpool core players ages

(Alisson 25)
    Clyne 27
    VVD 27
    TAA 19
    Lovren 29
    Robertson 24
    Wiji 27
    Milner 30
    Ox-Cham 24
    Fabinho 24
    Keita 23
    Hendo 28
    Shaqiri 26
    Lallana 30
    Firmino 26
    Salah 26
    Mane 26

Looking good for the next 3/4 years, only a few players will need to be offloaded due to decrepitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Whats the deal with Grujic this year? Any sight or sound of him or are we gonna loan him out again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Sorry this is wrong.

I think Moreno is awful too but he is a LB. Milner is a midfielder.

He could be on the pitch as a midfielder so how can he be cover for LB.

We need to a have squad depth and need proper cover for each position not just make shifts.

Honestly, if Robertson went off and our only option was to bring Moreno on, I'd rather play with 10 men. The lad is fine beyond the halfway line, he doesn't have the mental capacity to defend and shouldn't be allowed in his own half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

(Alisson 25)
    Clyne 27
    VVD 27
    TAA 19
    Lovren 29
    Robertson 24
    Wiji 27
    Milner 30
    Ox-Cham 24
    Fabinho 24
    Keita 23
    Hendo 28
    Shaqiri 26
    Lallana 30
    Firmino 26
    Salah 26
    Mane 26

Looking good for the next 3/4 years, only a few players will need to be offloaded due to decrepitude.

James Milner only wishes he was 30!

Cardiff want him back for the season, apparently his agent would like to shop him about for a deal (for the obvious reason!)

Cardiff want him back for the season, apparently his agent would like to shop him about for a deal (for the obvious reason!)

Makes sense, he would settle quickly, and play at a PL level. But I wonder if he could learn more from training with Milner, Fabinho, Keita?

(Alisson 25)
    Clyne 27
    VVD 27
    TAA 19
    Lovren 29
    Robertson 24
    Wiji 27
    Milner 30
    Ox-Cham 24
    Fabinho 24
    Keita 23
    Hendo 28
    Shaqiri 26
    Lallana 30
    Firmino 26
    Salah 26
    Mane 26

Most of Klopp's signing all have 5/6 years as well with no buyout clause and most are coming into the peak years of their careers.

That is an amazing job by FSG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

There's only two positions that we can let players leave from without others coming in. We're just not covered enough in defence and midfield to allow exits.

GK - Alisson, Karius, Mignolet, Ward
    Attackers - Salah, Mane, Firmino, Shaqiri, Solanke, Origi, Sturridge, Ings

Two from the keepers and two from the attackers, possibly three.

I'm not counting these the likes of , Markovic (not good enough), Woodburn (prove it), Brewster (injured for half the season/prove it) etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

If Ward is worth 12 million in this market, then I can only assume Salah would cost over 500 beseventy quadzillion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Wonder if he'll be unveiled against Blackburn?

Fieldog wrote: »

Why do he and his brother have girls' names?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Vicxas wrote: »
    Wonder if he'll be unveiled against Blackburn?

Apparently the first game he is expected to start will be the Dublin match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Seems Hendo wanted to come back a week early from his holidays but Klopp is making him take the full 3 weeks off until August 5. Trent might be allowed back a week early though.

• Advertisement

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    Apparently the first game he is expected to start will be the Dublin match.

Yeh I saw that! How brilliant will that be, probably the first game that we can play out first choice XI! I'll be there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Any updates if alisson passed medical ? Or whats happening now ? When will the deal be officially announced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Seems Hendo wanted to come back a week early from his holidays but Klopp is making him take the full 3 weeks off until August 5. Trent might be allowed back a week early though.
    Fair play to klopp in one way,knows there will be a long season and wants his players who played deep into the world Cup to get a break

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Anyone think we will sign anyone else ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Think we are done, don't see fekir joining now

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement