Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Any updates if alisson passed medical ? Or whats happening now ? When will the deal be officially announced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I still think we'll sign Fekir, when Aulas/Lyon are talking so much the opposite is usually happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Fromvert wrote: »
    I still think we'll sign Fekir, when Aulas/Lyon are talking so much the opposite is usually happening.

We still have a small hope of getting him I think, player wants to come apparently, don't think they will want an unhappy Fekir on their team...

I'd say if Alisson isn't announced by 6, he may be announced just after the match...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Fekir one I strange as if the deal was over ud expect us to be at least linked to players who play in a similar way but we haven't been at all,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

There were ramblings about Julian Brandt a few weeks ago, I'd have him as the alternative but I suspect Klopp is happy to wait if that's what it takes regarding Fekir, who knows if Liverpool are still in the CL after Christmas and Lyon are out a January deal might be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

If we dont get Fekir this window then I reckon we will get him in January

There were ramblings about Julian Brandt a few weeks ago, I'd have him as the alternative but I suspect Klopp is happy to wait if that's what it takes regarding Fekir, who knows if Liverpool are still in the CL after Christmas and Lyon are out a January deal might be done.

Did Klopp and Brandt not have a huge fall out in the Dortmund days?

The bits I've seen of him he's looked very good, was Germany's one bright spot at the World Cup and couldn't get more game time for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

If we don’t get him this window FSG should quit in shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Turtyturd wrote: »
    If we don’t get him this window FSG should quit in shame.

And take the hypocrite with them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Fieldog wrote: »

That might be Goetze you're thinking of. Brandt is at Leverkusen and has never played for Dortmund. Been there his entire professional career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Souness in an interview with Bein Sports today said he heard the club were back in for Fekir

That might be Goetze you're thinking of. Brandt is at Leverkusen and has never played for Dortmund. Been there his entire professional career.

Ah balls, mixed my Germans up... :)

37373952_10157078041237573_8100253533653172224_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=5ca6451571d0481e42a2f3cfc15b8a5c&oe=5BE846C3

Tonight's starting lineup...

Edit : is Kelleher Irish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Charlie Adam has slammed Shaqiri for going missing in games :)

Pot kettle black springs to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Anyone know what's happened to Ward? He was flagged at the weekend as getting a start tonight and he's not even on the bench - is he on the move perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Charlie Adam has slammed Shaqiri for going missing in games :)

Pot kettle black springs to mind.

Maybe a midfielder with a tiny modicum of talent would be able to spot him out on the right flank, rather than aimlessly hoof it up to Crouch or whatever big man they have up front that day.

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    Anyone know what's happened to Ward? He was flagged at the weekend as getting a start tonight and he's not even on the bench - is he on the move perhaps?

£12m to Leicester apparently and not playing today would point to it being true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Edit : is Kelleher Irish?

Yup, from Cork.

• Advertisement

Markovic to score a hat trick and be restored to the squad for 2018/19.

Fromvert wrote: »
    £12m to Leicester apparently and not playing today would point to it being true.
    Hopefully not - best case scenario would be loan out Karius to some foreign outfit were he can rehabilitate himself away from the glare of publicity and build some sell-on value and let Ward be the No.2 - oh well...
    I think this is the last game where there'll be wholesale changes at HT - would be great to see Gomez/VVD play together as that feels like the probable partnership that'll start against West Ham due to Lovren being flagged to miss that game as he won't be back from hols until the 5th.

Markovic to score a hat trick and be restored to the squad for 2018/19.

Maybe we could get that strengthening coach Bale used in the summer between his move from Spurs to Madrid.

The lad needs to put on a big of bulk.

Hopefully not - best case scenario would be loan out Karius to some foreign outfit were he can rehabilitate himself away from the glare of publicity and build some sell-on value and let Ward be the No.2 - oh well...
    I think this is the last game where there'll be wholesale changes at HT - would be great to see Gomez/VVD play together as that feels like the probable partnership that'll start against West Ham due to Lovren being flagged to miss that game as he won't be back from hols until the 5th.

Surely VVD and Matip, no?

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Surely VVD and Matip, no?

Not sure - Matip starts the first half tonight so won't be playing with VVD, there's always been talk that Gomez is more suited in the centre and now that Clyne is back it feels like the LB position for the season could be between TAA/Clyne with Gomez a third choice, so now, with Lovren out of the picture for a few weeks, it's a chance for Gomez to show his stuff at CB. Matip is clearly the other option, but is there not talk about him being loaned out again? Also, let's not forget good ol' dependable Raggy...

Matip loaned out again? Eh?

• Advertisement

The clubs website and fan database has been hacked and season ticket holders details have been stolen.

Matip loaned out again? Eh?

Jaysus, no flies on you Harry, well spotted! Anyway, I've read/heard it being discussed - possibly Redmen or TAW - as Matip being potentially or should be loaned out to build match fitness after his time out and that he's not as rated as he was last year and now's the chance for Gomez to show how he can work with VVD after Raggy and Matip had time with VVD in the Chester and Bury matches.

The clubs website and fan database has been hacked and season ticket holders details have been stolen.

This is a bit of a disaster for the club, but it's worth clarifying it's not all season ticket holders, looks to be around 150 hospitality season ticket holders. Still no consolation if you're one of the 150 though!

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-fc-hacked-club-admits-14929140

Milner misses peno!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Milner misses peno!

It was a super save.

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    It was a super save.

Really was... looked a decent pen and all.. nice height, but well into the side of the goal it looked like.

<edit> actually wasn't all that great a pen... still a good save, but the keeper just had to guess the right side

Unholy number of shoddy passes so far.

Weird bit of play from Ojo there... on a good break, totally ignored a great run from Lallana, and instead slipped it out to the left... to no one. Then chased after, and got it back himself, a bit of ducking and diving against the full back, before playing a simple soft pass back down the line... to a Blackburn player...

A lot of rustiness in this game so far.

Blackburns pre-season has been at a slightly higher level than Liverpool's (Port Vale and Hibs) and it's showing.

The crowd goading Karius there as soon as he was getting the ball played to his feet...

He still looks really shaky, the heads gone I'd say...

Better be a lean to by 9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Brandt is a Leverkusen player. Liverpool had a bid accepted for him last summer, he turned down the move and the club moved on to signing Salah.

Julian Brandt reveals reason he turned down Liverpool move (Liverpool Echo)

The good news for Brandt is that staying at Leverkusen made feck all difference to his World Cup prospects, so he can join now.

I'm getting unreasonably annoyed at this performance! :D

Lallana is deffo the best first half player, denied by the woodwork and last ditch defending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Klopp never managed Brandt to have a falling out with him. A very inconsistant player....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Better be a lean to by 9.

Announcement at 10pm apparently.

Not much of a match so far but Lallana looks fairly bright, Milner running rings around everyone....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

SlickRic wrote: »
    12m for Ward, no matter what you think of his potential, is insane.

this fúcking market. it's hilarious.

but as I said, fees are almost meaningless at this stage. everyone's rolling in cash.

Overspending, particularly if you are borrowing to spend, is never meaningless.

Economic cycles go through different phases and there are times when the music stops and clubs who over reached have loans called back in or owners go bankrupt and those clubs (Portsmouth + Leeds etc) go into serious downward spiral from which they may never fully recover.

I for one am very glad we have financially responsible owners who are prepared to invest in players the manager wants (and break world record transfer fees if necessary) yet are equally prepared to trust his judgement if he spots undervalued talent he wants to develop e.g. Robertson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

The crowd goading Karius there as soon as he was getting the ball played to his feet...

He still looks really shaky, the heads gone I'd say...

That's why Liverpool had to make their move.

Karius is being laughed at by football fans all over the country and that is different to normal rival goading.

His head and confidence is gone and it will be very hard to get back. I think it's best if he moved on and tried to rebuild his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

There will be wholesale changes at half time of every game as normal in preseason.

Even last year in Dublin in the game against Atletico Bilbao,which was one week before the start of the premiership, there were 10 changes at half time.

Pre-season is all about fitness.

murpho999 wrote: »
    That's why Liverpool had to make their move.

Karius is being laughed at by football fans all over the country and that is different to normal rival goading.

His head and confidence is gone and it will be very hard to get back. I think it's best if he moved on and tried to rebuild his career.

Harsh but unfortunately very true, should even go on loan out of England for a while..

When your rivals and even your own fans and Blackburn fans together start oohing and aahing when he gets the ball everyone knows he it's a weakness waiting for exploiting by the opposition...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Bowlardo wrote: »
    • 12 millions for ward
    • 15 million or there abouts for Mignolet
    • 15 millions for Ings
    • 15-20 Millions for Origi probably after an initial loan to newcastle
    • 15-20 for Lallana (maybe the Jan window) 
    • 5-10 millions for Markovic
    • 10-12 Million for Moreno
    • 20 Million for Gini
    could be getting 70-100 million for getting rid of the dross. Sturridge will probably see out the contract and go somewhere sunny on free.

I'm pretty excited about the players that could be leaving

Still leaves
    Allinson, Karius
    TAA, Clyne/VVD ,Lovren,Matip, Gomez,Klavan/ Robertson,Gomez,Milner
    Hendo, Fabinho, Keita, Milner, Lallana, Ox, Woodburn
    Salah,Firmino,Mane, Shaqiri, Sturridge, Solanke, Brewster

Healthy squad but I think we will definitely be buy 1 or two more players before the window is out if we manage to shift 5 or so of the lot mentioned above

I find it ironic and very disappointing that people who call themselves supporters of a club who's entire ethos is based on respect and a philosophy of sticking together and supporting one another (remember YNWA??) can refer to members of the playing staff which the club chose to offer professional contracts to, some of whom helped get up to a CL final less than 3 months ago, as "dross" and "deadwood".

Why are such people so disrespectful? What does it achieve apart from showing how unsupportive (instead of supportive) they are and how easy it is to be an immature keyboard warrior?

Keita's through balls are huge.

and again, and twice Sturridge has failed to take advantage.

Gini shouldn't be let go anywhere. Stepped up when we needed him last season

• Advertisement

Brilliant play from Robertson, VVD, and Keita, and then a shocker of a miss from Sturridge. Disappointing!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement